• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

tonnura-san - 13

2lewd4me (cropped for reasons re: morality, public)

GgSILTH.png

Piecake

I think she wants something so badly that she'd do anything for it. I don't think she really hates Baam, it's just what FUG wanted her to do to get him away and to their own. She just seems like she's crazy for whatever it is she wants. I doubt the stars is all she wants.

I agree though, more people should definitely be reading this.

Tower of God

I'm starting to think that Rachel feels like Baam betrayed her and ruined her dreams by him opening the tower door, not her, causing him to be the one to be chosen by the tower, not her. I think she is sufficiently self-deluded that she doesnt think that she would not be chosen if she had the opportunity to open it herself, and doesnt care, or cares too much about her dream that Baam did it on accident.

I get the feeling that her actions probably tears her upside, but rationalizes it away. She is a sniveling, cowardly child. And I agree that her dream can't be just about seeing the stars. The only thing that can explain the degree to which she is willing to go for her dreams is some deep, emotional trauma in her past. My guess is that it is something that shattered her trust in people causes her to basically hate humanity - wanting to be free and separated from them (so be friends and alone with a star). Its probably why she latched onto baam in the beginning since he was pure, innocent, a blank slate free from other human influence.

However, Baam growing up alone, hates loneliness more than death and wants to make ties, the complete opposite of Rachel. Probably another reason why Rachel feels betrayed by Baam.

Who knows if this will all actually turn out to be true, but it would be pretty interesting, and i think a decent guess

So my friend and I just finished a game of letter press today with what might have been the worst selection of letters in the history or random letter games. I won 15-10 but the final board made me laugh and think of you guys and it summarized that game perfectly

Anitsu! 3
tumblr_mi12asTTAN1qbxqfpo1_400.png

And the final brother, thought it'd be a bully story cause of the bruises, so I liked the outcome since it wasn't what I even expected. Scene with older brother being scolded by the younger brothers was touching and memorable. Wonder what they'll do for the final chapter.

Tower of God

I'm starting to think that Rachel feels like Baam betrayed her and ruined her dreams by him opening the tower door, not her, causing him to be the one to be chosen by the tower, not her. I think she is sufficiently self-deluded that she doesnt think that she would not be chosen if she had the opportunity to open it herself, and doesnt care, or cares too much about her dream that Baam did it on accident.

I get the feeling that her actions probably tears her upside, but rationalizes it away. She is a sniveling, cowardly child. And I agree that her dream can't be just about seeing the stars. The only thing that can explain the degree to which she is willing to go for her dreams is some deep, emotional trauma in her past. My guess is that it is something that shattered her trust in people causes her to basically hate humanity - wanting to be free and separated from them (so be friends and alone with a star). Its probably why she latched onto baam in the beginning since he was pure, innocent, a blank slate free from other human influence.

However, Baam growing up alone, hates loneliness more than death and wants to make ties, the complete opposite of Rachel. Probably another reason why Rachel feels betrayed by Baam.

Who knows if this will all actually turn out to be true, but it would be pretty interesting, and i think a decent guess

I'm still kind of unclear about how the two came into the tower. The flashback with Rachel made it seem like Baam was selected but Rachel was taken by mistake, but then the writer confirmed they were both irregulars. What ever it is, I think you're right that a lot of Rachel's feelings for Baam stem from that moment. She gave up on the test and was made to watch as Baam got help and succeeded at the test that was made to make her fail.

I still feel like there is something unsaid about what was going on as Baam was Chasing Rachel as she went into the tower. I feel like I'm the only one who finds it odd that Baam had a huge ass knife while chasing after her.

This series is so good. Can't remember who brought it up in the world building discussion that made me interested in reading it, but thanks.

Tower of God actually getting interesting again. Fucking finally.

Haven't liked the second part? I find a lot of the explanations have made it sometimes more interesting than the first. Characters weren't as great though.

Saiyaku wa Boku wo Suki Sugiru 9

Don't even think it was something I even thought of or noticed in the previous chapter. Guess my imagination is always working or I was too caught up in this second cursed event. Hopefully they can survive against this gunshot stuff in the office and make it past the previous iterations four month record.

Piecake

I'm still kind of unclear about how the two came into the tower. The flashback with Rachel made it seem like Baam was selected but Rachel was taken by mistake, but then the writer confirmed they were both irregulars. What ever it is, I think you're right that a lot of Rachel's feelings for Baam stem from that moment. She gave up on the test and was made to watch as Baam got help and succeeded at the test that was made to make her fail.

I still feel like there is something unsaid about what was going on as Baam was Chasing Rachel as she went into the tower. I feel like I'm the only one who finds it odd that Baam had a huge ass knife while chasing after her.

This series is so good. Can't remember who brought it up in the world building discussion that made me interested in reading it, but thanks.

Haven't liked the second part? I find a lot of the explanations have made it sometimes more interesting than the first. Characters weren't as great though.

Yea, best world building bar none

As for how the two entered the tower, if you look closely at chapter 1 when the door opens, you can see Baam and Rachel on top of it. Basically, the door is on the floor. Baam tackles her, and he is the one who puts his hands on the door, opening it up. Rachel, goes in first because baam is on top of her, but she never opened the door with her hands

She is an irregular that was never chosen by the tower

And I dont think that test was to make her fail and baam succeed. Headon said that the purpose of the test was to test their bravery and determination, not their skill. Rachel refused to take the test because she was afraid to die. Baam was going to take the test before the help, and would have taken it anyway even if he didnt get help, because he feared being alone more than death.

As for the second part, I am loving it so far. The first arc was pretty straight forward with a What the flying fuck moment at the very end. This second part feels a lot more uncertain, fluid. Basically, I dont know where the hell this is going. But yea, I miss Rak and his turtle loving nature :(, but still do like the characters in this one. Jin Wangnan is really good. Lurker was creepy as fuck, and Baam's FUG teacher is awesome. the other peeps are cool too.

Steroyd

DTL's avatar is so incredibly distracting, and not in a good way :\

*sigh* Oh well.

The timing of the new avatar feels sinister, the latest episode of the anime, has just started planting the seeds of Joseph with who is most likely going to be his wife later on, come to the thread, and Joseph's tongue is down Caesar's throat. wtf!?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
He doesn't have an avatar on my end *shrug*

Is there a way to disable a particular member's avatar from showing up? It's the first time I think that I really feel legitimately annoyed by an avatar from a GAF member. If there is a way for me to prevent seeing only his avatar from showing up, that would be great.

The timing of the new avatar feels sinister, the latest episode of the anime, has just started planting the seeds of Joseph with who is most likely going to be his wife later on, come to the thread, and Joseph's tongue is down Caesar's throat. wtf!?

I am not sure that his motives of putting up those kind of avatars are anything beyond trying to bait comments/attention, but what do I know *shrugs*

Akito

Is there a way to disable a particular member's avatar from showing up? It's the first time I think that I really feel legitimately annoyed by an avatar from a GAF member. If there is a way for me to prevent seeing only his avatar from showing up, that would be great.
You can always add specific images/urls to your addblocker of your choice.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You can always add specific images/urls to your addblocker of your choice.

Huh, is that so? I am not too savvy for stuff like this, so thanks, I'll start looking into it. Although GAF is not looking kindly to those using adblocker, yeah?

Although I am *not* using adblocker to block ads for GAF, but just for this particular instance. So I think it should be alright, but I don't know..., maybe one of the mods that frequent this thread can perhaps clarify?

Akito

Huh, is that so? I am not too savvy for stuff like this, so thanks, I'll start looking into it. Although GAF is not looking kindly to those using adblocker, yeah?

Although I am *not* using adblocker to block ads for GAF, but just for this particular instance. So I think it should be alright, but I don't know..., maybe one of the mods that frequent this thread can perhaps clarify?

Yeah, just make sure to whitelist gaf and you should be fine.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wait, DTL's avatar vanishes on my screen? o_O

Is there some magical mumbo jumbo at work here...?

Huh.

Anyways, thanks to that. Nice :)

I apologize to anyone bothered by my perhaps seemingly incessant complaint about it.

Aunt Tits

Awwwe why you gotta go and tease the next target like that?

Oh and of course the obvious 'Just bang the aunt already!'.

And I dont think that test was to make her fail and baam succeed. Headon said that the purpose of the test was to test their bravery and determination, not their skill. Rachel refused to take the test because she was afraid to die. Baam was going to take the test before the help, and would have taken it anyway even if he didnt get help, because he feared being alone more than death.

That was what he said about the test, but the test was for people who aren't even supposed to see the floor as regulars go straight to the floor of tests. Also the only reason Baam really past was because he had a 12 month weapon and was able to ignite it. Without him being able to ignite it(having a lot to do with his determination like you said) he couldn't even break it with one of the twelve month weapons. It's hard for me to see it as any other way than a test set up to intentionally fail irregulars. Especially since just about every test since then(until FUG got involved) was pretty much stacked against Baam as well.

Piecake

Aunt Tits

Awwwe why you gotta go and tease the next target like that?

Oh and of course the obvious 'Just bang the aunt already!'.

That was what he said about the test, but the test was for people who aren't even supposed to see the floor as regulars go straight to the floor of tests. Also the only reason Baam really past was because he had a 12 month weapon and was able to ignite it. Without him being able to ignite it(having a lot to do with his determination like you said) he couldn't even break it with one of the twelve month weapons. It's hard for me to see it as any other way than a test set up to intentionally fail irregulars. Especially since just about every test since then(until FUG got involved) was pretty much stacked against Baam as well.

I dont think so. I think that irregulars are chosen by the tower. The only reason why they can open the door is because the Tower lets them inside. Regulars arent like that. Regulars are chosen by Headon and are bound by the Tower's rules. Irregulars arent, and I guess are let in for some quality or to do something important The difference between Baam and rachel is that Baam is the chosen one. Rachel isnt.

And you gotta remember, irregulars are supposed to be super duper powerful. A test like that would have been cake for any of the previous irregulars. As for baam succeeding, well, the most important attribute in climbing the tower is luck. I dont think the tower is putting obstacles in his way. People inside the tower who have different agendas certainly are and will, but I think that is different.

As for the other tests, I really dont see them being stacked against Baam, they are simply difficult. Hell, his luck won out again when sheep dude was 3 days late.

And remember, only irregulars can take the tests from the guardians because the guardians and the tower were the one that allowed them to enter. Regulars cant, meaning that they will never be the ones to reach the top of the tower first

I dont think so. I think that irregulars are chosen by the tower. The only reason why they can open the door is because the Tower lets them inside. Regulars arent like that. Regulars are chosen by Headon and are bound by the Tower's rules. Irregulars arent, and I guess are let in for some quality or to do something important The difference between Baam and rachel is that Baam is the chosen one. Rachel isnt.

And you gotta remember, irregulars are supposed to be super duper powerful. A test like that would have been cake for any of the previous irregulars. As for baam succeeding, well, the most important attribute in climbing the tower is luck. I dont think the tower is putting obstacles in his way. People inside the tower who have different agendas certainly are and will, but I think that is different.

As for the other tests, I really dont see them being stacked against Baam, they are simply difficult. Hell, his luck won out again when sheep dude was 3 days late.

And remember, only irregulars can take the tests from the guardians because the guardians and the tower were the one that allowed them to enter. Regulars cant, meaning that they will never be the ones to reach the top of the tower first

:lol This conversation ended up making me go to the wiki and I had read something I completely forgot. Headon let Rachel climb the tower and is actually helping(through others) her because she accepted to fulfill a request by him.

Damn this series! There is just so much shit going on.

Edit: Something else I don't think I even noticed, or I just thought it was Baam, but apparently he had a flashback of a large man pulling Rachel's hair. So apparently someone else came into Baam's cave? I'm going to end up stuck on the wiki for hours now brushing up on all that I've forgotten.

Piecake

:lol This conversation ended up making me go to the wiki and I had read something I completely forgot. Headon let Rachel climb the tower and is actually helping(through others) her because she accepted to fulfill a request by him.

Headon admits it himself. The tower selects irregulars to enter. I just dont think it would make much sense for the tower or its guardians (headon seems to be an exception since i get the feeling he has a will outside the desires of the tower) to try to hinder baam

Edit: Something else I don't think I even noticed, or I just thought it was Baam, but apparently he had a flashback of a large man pulling Rachel's hair. So apparently someone else came into Baam's cave? I'm going to end up stuck on the wiki for hours now brushing up on all that I've forgotten.

No idea who that was, but thats sort of where my Rachel has emotional trauma, hates people and doesnt trust them comes from

Actually, probably shouldnt link that. You can find the scene i the last chapter of the crown game though

Headon admits it himself. The tower selects irregulars to enter. I just dont think it would make much sense for the tower or its guardians (headon seems to be an exception since i get the feeling he has a will outside the desires of the tower) to try to hinder baam

Edit that image to not include the watermark.

Edit: You made it worse. :lol

Piecake

Yeah, not sure who that could be. Makes me a little less curious about the cleaver Baam had when he was chasing Rachel though. Could just have been for protection.

You can also see a knife in Rachel's hand when she first meets Baam. both situations really dont make sense. Why would rachel have a knife when she 'apparently' just removed some rock, found a hole, and found Baam inside?

Makes more sense that she knew Baam was down there and was going to kill him. But that could be totally wrong and she could just enjoy carrying knifes around (like last chapter indicates, poor Dan)

Baam, I have no theories for. Howd the hell did he get a knife and why bring it along? Using it on Rachel makes zero sense. Course, that also brings up practical questions like how Baam surivived in his little cave. Where the hell did he get food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom