• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghstwrld

It's "I have to finish this shit soon but don't have enough time to tie up all my loose ends so I just need to BS my way through" syndrome.

I don't know. I'm pretty sure he recently said he's adding more new characters, that the story is continuing a lot longer than expected. :lol

Dresden

Oh shit, I totally missed the neorice gifs. Great work, dude!

Also +1 for "In smut I trust" :lol

now for something completely different: I've been playing RAGE (again) and I'm really in the mood for something post-apocalyptic. I've read Hokuto no Ken and I've started Eden: It's a Wonderfuln Endless World but I'm looking for something different. Any suggestions?

Drifting Classroom, Needless, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō - first is horror, by the same dude behind Fourteen, the second is a hot-blooded battle manga, and the third is slice of life.

upandaway

Just now realized that I and other people have really forgot/disregarded the bolded headline rule about Molester Man with the last few chapters. I hope no one among those waiting for it to finish got spoiled on anything big :( since there seems to be a lot of you

A bit late but I'll be careful from now on, sorry

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: F(anfiction)

"his hand was so manly"

good lord kishi what the fuck are you doing

Seriously though, the inner NARUHINA FAN IN ME GIVES THIS A SOLID A

DID YOU SEE THE WAY HE WAS HOLDING HER HAND? EPIC.

Good lord obito is a terrible character. hey angry grimace, what happened to "we'll get an explanation from Kakashi's viewpoint, obviously"??? Is it cause the manga's not over yet????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bleach: B(oobs)

GODDAMN

Them dime pieces though? Actually, not much happened in this chapter, other than humor. Not until the end. I give it a real grade of C

One Piece: B(oring as usual)

Up until the end that is. C+ for that last panel alone.

Also, yes, PREDICTABLE JUST LIKE ALL OF ODA'S OTHER "TWISTS"...just, awful really.

Ashodin

Bleach

Yet again Bleach continues to be awesome when no battles happen, hahaha.

Interesting that the girls were Zanpakuto. Definitely see a return of Renji and Ichigo's Zanpakuto physical forms.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

"his hand was so manly"

Good lord obito is a terrible character. hey angry grimace, what happened to "we'll get an explanation from Kakashi's viewpoint, obviously"??? Is it cause the manga's not over yet????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
The manga isn't over

Asuma/Kurenai, Tsunade/Dan.

Those already occurred prior to the series even starting. By that logic we might as well include Naruto's mom and dad.

Wiseblade

Just now realized that I and other people have really forgot/disregarded the bolded headline rule about Molester Man with the last few chapters. I hope no one among those waiting for it to finish got spoiled on anything big :( since there seems to be a lot of you

Considering the last couple of pages have been loaded with Molester man chapter opinions, anyone venturing in would know that it was a hot topic. I doubt many were spoiled in the crossfire.

Naruto:

I've actually dropped Naruto cold turkey because of that fucktard and i will continue once he's out of the picture and/or end game (the fucking sauce or some shit).

Until then i'll just read the comments in this thread.

"his hand was so manly"

Good lord obito is a terrible character. hey angry grimace, what happened to "we'll get an explanation from Kakashi's viewpoint, obviously"??? Is it cause the manga's not over yet???????????????????????????????

Bleach: B(oobs)

GODDAMN

Them dime pieces though? Actually, not much happened in this chapter, other than humor. Not until the end. I give it a real grade of C

One Piece: B(oring as usual)

Up until the end that is. C+ for that last panel alone.

Also, yes, PREDICTABLE JUST LIKE ALL OF ODA'S OTHER "TWISTS"...just, awful really.

No Peep Tha Truth?

Slippin man.

We need to start our ManGAF "podcast".

I propose Angry Grimace, Big One, Stat Flow, me, and fisrt special Guest: DTL.

Wiseblade

Those already occurred prior to the series even starting. By that logic we might as well include Naruto's mom and dad.

Didn't Kurenai and Asuma hook up over the course of the timeskip?

I'd love if at the end of it all Choji and tenten or Kiba and Ino revealed that they've had their own romantic dramas the whole of Part 2 but "Naruto never noticed".

Naruto

Yeah, Neji is not dead. Upon reading the chapter a second time when Naruto imagine the people who died for him, Neji is missing which means that Neji did not die.

Kurenai/Asuma happened during the manga and not before.

upandaway

Considering the last couple of pages have been loaded with Molester man chapter opinions, anyone venturing in would know that it was a hot topic. I doubt many were spoiled in the crossfire.
I know it's not a big deal, but it's a nice gesture moreso than other manga because of those that wait + the fact the big 3 were releases at the same time. My post seems a bit too serious for the "not a big deal" part but that's unintentional!

Akito

Biorg Trinity 01

Holy shit that was bizarre, no explanation of what was happening. Just like an Oh Great! manga lol.
Yeah, we were all like "Hey, it could be interesting because someone else is writing the story" and then we got this super fucked up version of Air Gear. I mean, look at this shit, it's only the first chapter for crying out loud and it is not even the weirdest thing there either.

ioNKbdfw8mfhE.png

I got spoilt a bit but seeing its not entirely the full picture and i would want to see how it unfolds with my own eyes anyways, i'm not so fussed about it.

Gonna try to avoid as best i can for the final 2 (or 3 according to upandaway?) since i know they are gonna be hot in here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Yeah, Neji is not dead. Upon reading the chapter a second time when Naruto imagine the people who died for him, Neji is missing which means that Neji did not die.

Kurenai/Asuma happened during the manga and not before.

I'm pretty sure they were not-so-secretly an item well before it started. In any case, this is nothing like what I'm talking about.

Molester Man

I guess I found more significance in the fact there was a scene from Kansai's perspective than everyone else did in that it seems like Kansai or Loli would have to have told Molester about it or they were posting on 2ch for it to be there.

That also brings up why I don't think Kansai was just throwing Molester a pity lay; why would she even go over to Loli? To tell her she doesn't like him? How would that get back to Molester?

Edit for stream of consciousness rant: Again, I'm not saying its not realistic she'd just turn him down in the end, I just don't think people would make a manga of it if the ending was like "...then he went back to fucking his onahole." More feels and more dramas than that. As for finding the thread, I assume the text boxes are actual 1:1 renditions of his comments - none of them seem particularly lewd or even damning. I guess she could get mad for the invasion of privacy, but I don't actually think Molester goes over the line any more than anyone in the universe does who asks for dating help on a forum (i.e. NeoGAF dating thread). He's not really enough of a creeper for that to be the case, but I imagine the target of such a thread might see it differently. I think that IS a reasonable outcome though - that someone finds the whole thread and he gets busted for relying on it too much.

Yeah, we were all like "Hey, it could be interesting because someone else is writing the story" and then we got this super fucked up version of Air Gear. I mean, look at this shit, it's only the first chapter for crying out loud and it is not even the weirdest thing there either.

I totally lost it when I saw the mini teacher and the last page. Talk about random.

scy

I just realized that I do the bolded thing ... and then continue on the same line. Fuck. That almost defeats the point, I think.

Anyway, I decided to say fuck it and read Molester Man up to Chapter 18. Oh-fucking-boy.

I'll legitimately feel bad for this guy if things don't work out for him.

Molester Man

I guess I found more significance in the fact there was a scene from Kansai's perspective than everyone else did in that it seems like Kansai or Loli would have to have told Molester about it or they were posting on 2ch for it to be there.

That also brings up why I don't think Kansai was just throwing Molester a pity lay; why would she even go over to Loli? To tell her she doesn't like him? How would that get back to Molester?

No, I'm with you on this. The sudden perspective change is a bit weird considering the way the story works up to this point. I'm still holding on for happy ending route but who knows, I suppose...

1) Haven't been reading any manga at all in a long time, but got the itch the other day. Was looking through some of the manga I've read and I got a pretty sudden urge to read something similar to Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo, aka Kare Kano, aka His and Her Circumstances. Can anyone recommend anything?

2) Also wondering what Mitsuru Adachi is up too these days. Anything worth reading? I am a big fan of his, and I loved Katsu, but not a big fan of Cross Game, which is one of his weaker mangas imo.

3) Is Naruto and One Piece nearing their endings? Any other neverending shounen mangas that have appeared over the last year or so worth checking out?

KingJ2002

Naruto:

Meh chapter... Naruto / Hinata pairing finally begins... not sure what will come from it... but ultimately I can see a sort of edo tensei happening again to revive many of the characters.

When is Sasuke going to show himself? i'm done with Obito

Bleach:

Good chapter... short but sweet... i would have liked to see more explanation as far has Nimai's abilities... but this Zanpakuto's rage he's talking about... I hope it means a showdown between their zanpakuto spirits again.

scy

Edit for stream of consciousness rant: Again, I'm not saying its not realistic she'd just turn him down in the end, I just don't think people would make a manga of it if the ending was like "...then he went back to fucking his onahole." More feels and more dramas than that. As for finding the thread, I assume the text boxes are actual 1:1 renditions of his comments - none of them seem particularly lewd or even damning. I guess she could get mad for the invasion of privacy, but I don't actually think Molester goes over the line any more than anyone in the universe does who asks for dating help on a forum (i.e. NeoGAF dating thread). He's not really enough of a creeper for that to be the case, but I imagine the target of such a thread might see it differently. I think that IS a reasonable outcome though - that someone finds the whole thread and he gets busted for relying on it too much.

With the way she's been depicted, I'd honestly think Kansai wouldn't flip her shit in regards to the thread. Maybe now with the whole issue between her and Loli, sure, but the rest of the thread?

There's no way this thread spawned this manga without some kind of finish that makes it worth it. "And then he got shot down, life's gonna suck bro, should've nailed Loli" isn't an interesting finish. I think it'll just go through some typical drama between the two girls and then happy end.
Until they inevitably break up in 2008 but, hey, that's after the manga even happened!

Erigu

[Chikan Otoko]
As for finding the thread, I assume the text boxes are actual 1:1 renditions of his comments - none of them seem particularly lewd or even damning.
... Really?

whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa what? Is this the anime?
Yep, Nekomonogatari Kuro, four episodes. They will all air right before the new year.

I thought they were still working on/had their hands tied up with Kizumonogatari?
Kizumonogatari is still "on hold", apparently.
I believe they said there was a chance the second season (i.e. Nekomonogatari Shiro, Kabukimonogatari, Hanamonogatari, Otorimonogatari, Onimonogatari and Koimonogatari) might begin before the end of 2013, but still no news about Kizumonogatari...

There hasn't been any information on Kizu in forever. I doubt it's ever going to come out at this rate.
I'd be really surprised if it didn't get made. It's free money. When, that's another matter, though...

Angry Grimace

[Chikan Otoko]

... Really?
I mean, I don't remember him saying anything that seems like it should be surprising to any of those girls.

Edit: Okay, perhaps the one describing the feeling of nailing her was a bit much. :lol

Akito

I totally lost it when I saw the mini teacher and the last page. Talk about random.
Yeah, dat last page, certainly one of the weirdest character introductions ever. From the beginning I was wondering why no one there seems to care that there are so many weird things going on around them. Well and it got weirder and weirder.

1) Haven't been reading any manga at all in a long time, but got the itch the other day. Was looking through some of the manga I've read and I got a pretty sudden urge to read something similar to Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo, aka Kare Kano, aka His and Her Circumstances. Can anyone recommend anything?

2) Also wondering what Mitsuru Adachi is up too these days. Anything worth reading? I am a big fan of his, and I loved Katsu, but not a big fan of Cross Game, which is one of his weaker mangas imo.

3) Is Naruto and One Piece nearing their endings? Any other neverending shounen mangas that have appeared over the last year or so worth checking out?
1)Lovely Complex
Kimi ni Todoke (Warning though, it's a sloooow burn)

2)Q&A was short and lighthearted but the ending was terrible. Like really bad. His current series is MIX, some sort of sequel to Touch and it's pretty fun even though it's too early to say something more definitive.

3)OP no, Naruto seems endgame-ish but it could still go on for a couple of years.

Angry Grimace

[Chikan Otoko]

There's at least one nickname that might not go over all that well, for starters...

For example, yeah!
You mean Loli Jugs? :lol

But to be fair, it just sounds like guy talk, and frankly, mostly less lewd than traditional guy talk which chicks have tolerated since the beginning of time. It's not like he was objectifying Kansai as an object, he readily admits he really does like her.

I guess part of the reason I'm suspect of a bad ending here is that I don't feel like Molester has been portrayed like enough of a creep for it to seem deserving nor does the manga portray him as the kind of person that would take rejection as something more than a foregone conclusion.

Erigu

You mean Loli Jugs? :lol
But to be fair, it just sounds like guy talk, and frankly, mostly less lewd than traditional guy talk which chicks have tolerated since the beginning of time.
Considering Kansai's reaction when he talked about "doing" her friend, I wouldn't assume she'd be fine with 1) reading all that stuff, and 2) the idea that many, many people had been following those threads.

I liked the manga, but I did my best to ignore the "(supposedly) based on a true story" and "holy crap, those aren't just inner thoughts but actual reports he kept typing for legions of strangers to read and discuss!" aspects of the thing...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That makes sense. Fr a second I thought that Joseph was he baby from the exploded ship, but thinking back, the time difference would've been too big.

*swoooosh*

It went right over my head. In my defense, I was still a bit tired. :lol

I can back you up at least I didn't realize that either with Joseph I was confused how he had the Joestar blood until someone explained it to me. Either the translation I read glossed over the fact Erina was pregnant or it wasn't there in the manga.

I know watching the anime it made sure to point out she was pregnant.

Angry Grimace

Considering Kansai's reaction when he talked about "doing" her friend, I wouldn't assume she'd be fine with 1) reading all that stuff, and 2) the idea that many, many people had been following those threads.

I liked the manga, but I did my best to ignore the "(supposedly) based on a true story" and "holy crap, those aren't just inner thoughts but actual reports he kept typing for legions of strangers to read and discuss!" aspects of the thing...

I really doubt the "true story" aspect. Several aspects point to bullshit, i.e. a confession response deadline and Kansai calling him up for sex out of the blue both seem highly random. The last one in particular kinda felt like a visual novel plot element.

I think the ones in thought bubbles are supposed to be his inner thoughts and the squares that say "Molester" are the posts.

Edit: Looking at the chapter again, I also found two things funny about that sex scene. One, pretty much every face Molester is making is really comical and two, its kind of funny that the artist seemed to go out of his way to increase the art level for the entire scene.

Erigu

[Chikan Otoko]
I really doubt the "true story" aspect.
So do I, fortunately.

I think the ones in thought bubbles are supposed to be his inner thoughts and the squares that say "Molester" are the posts.
99% of the text (even the thought bubbles and lines of dialogue) comes directly from the 2ch threads. To the letter. Yoko almost didn't change or add anything (merely the obvious, like, say, the Sushigurui restaurant and its employees).

Biorg Trinity 1

Well it looks good and Fuji is a good character (why he naked in first chapter already), and Hosa I guess is his name. The manga is of a compelling concept at least though a bit hard to follow, almost wondered half the time if the characters were imagining things or hallucinations under that Biorg Bug, regardless it seems to have interesting effects, like that portal of sorts on his hand(?) and the mecha, character transformations, etc. I wish it wasn't monthly though Ill probably keep following.

Lots of fanservice shots especially for the girls and awkward when her poo went back in...

Deadman Wonderland Manga to Return From Hiatus in January...but its entering its final arc.
Nice! I haven't read it yet but I watched all the episodes of the anime on Toonami and was really disappointed when it was cut off. I planned on reading the manga to see what happens but learned of the hiatus and decided to wait until she started writing again. How long are her arcs, normally? Should I just wait for her to finish?
There isn't any context for any pairing actually occurring at all in Naruto.

Not that anything has happened in quite some time (more a bi-product of no characters not named Naruto or Sasuke getting page time in Shippuden) but Shikamaru and Temari is the exception for the new generation. That was building up nicely until both characters disappeared like every other.

As for reviews...every series was so meh this week that I don't even feel compelled to write anything up. Well, DoFlamingo heading over is an awesome development at least.

Angry Grimace

Nice! I haven't read it yet but I watched all the episodes of the anime on Toonami and was really disappointed when it was cut off. I planned on reading the manga to see what happens but learned of the hiatus and decided to wait until she started writing again. How long are her arcs, normally? Should I just wait for her to finish?

Not that anything has happened in quite some time (more a bi-product of no characters not named Naruto or Sasuke getting page time in Shippuden) but Shikamaru and Temari is the exception for the new generation. That was building up nicely until both characters disappeared like every other.

As for reviews...every series was so meh this week that I don't even feel compelled to write anything up. Well, DoFlamingo heading over is an awesome development at least.

Shikamaru and Temari perhaps but Temari herself hasn't been even vaguely relevant in 350 chapters. I don't agree that Shikamaru disappeared though; he's been more important than Sakura pretty much ever since he showed up and he's been at least somewhat relevant throughout Part II.

Even then, the only reason it works is subtext. There's active reasons to oppose the idea of Hinata and Naruto getting together, i.e. the fact we know everything Naruto is thinking and he hasn't been interested for the last 600 chapters since her character was introduced.

Naruto:
Finally. I mean, I don't care about anything else or any dips in quality the manga has had, because I've been waiting nearly a decade for this moment. The last few chapters have felt like a big improvement compared to where the series had been recently.

One Piece:
Baby 5 is awesome. And that last panel was downright incredible. This arc has been pretty unpredictable in terms of where things will go at any moment.

Angry Grimace

You guys just don't believe enough :(

You're gonna be real disappointed when you step off the plane in Japan and realize its not entirely populated by tsunderes and catgirls.

scy

Maga Tsuki 20 - I still like Akari more. Wait, they kept the fox girl?!

Maga Tsuki 21 - I still like Akari more. Though, bunny girl Orihime...

Maga Tsuki 22 - Akari chapter!

You're gonna be real disappointed when you step off the plane in Japan and realize its not entirely populated by tsunderes and catgirls.

Now you're just ruining Christmas!

Shikamaru and Temari perhaps but Temari herself hasn't been even vaguely relevant in 350 chapters. I don't agree that Shikamaru disappeared though; he's been more important than Sakura pretty much ever since he showed up and he's been at least somewhat relevant throughout Part II.

Even then, the only reason it works is subtext. There's active reasons to oppose the idea of Hinata and Naruto getting together, i.e. the fact we know everything Naruto is thinking and he hasn't been interested for the last 600 chapters since her character was introduced.

My point remains, that it is namely due to lack of page time that their relationship didn't continue to progress. Still wouldn't be surprised to see Kishi jump to the finish line and have them embrace or something at the end of the series. I also didn't mean to infer that Shikimaru hasn't contributed in Shippuden, just that he, like all other characters, is severely lacking in presence compare to part 1. He's there more than many others but lets not fool ourselves, Shippuden is the Naruto and Sauce show. Temari almost literally disappeared and it takes both of them getting page time together to develop things further. Oh god, I've become one of those people that ramble on about a negligible occurrence in a series.

Naruto

I would die laughing if nothing came of this, just like Hina's "I love you" backfire. Shipper rage would be glorious.

But seriously, I do hope he doesn't magically end up with her after like 500+ chapters of him not giving a fuck and being all about Sakura. It'd be fine if they actually showed some interest on his end prior, but they haven't.

Quixzlizx

Maga Tsuki 20 - I still like Akari more. Wait, they kept the fox girl?!

Maga Tsuki 21 - I still like Akari more. Though, bunny girl Orihime...

Maga Tsuki 22 - Akari chapter!

Now you're just ruining Christmas!

Should I stay loyal to Japanzai or not bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom