• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokage no Ou 10

Crazy hot girl turnes out to be behind everything by hatching a plan to make the protagonist fall into the world he always "wished" for. This is played out by ordering the assassin to remove his eyeball (which he does) so that he has a chance to survive. Also because she fell in love with them after they changed into a certain color and wants to keep one for herself.

Still makes more sense to me compared to when I was reading the previous chapters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jojo: Stardust Crusaders: D'arby the Gamer

Oh god damn it they should have reduced the amount of fucking stand users before facing Dio by 5.

ScRYeD

One-Punch Man 5
tumblr_mifjc9fhvG1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Instant favorite character, what a stunning appearance to be on like Saitama's level with just one blast destroying all those pesky mosquitos and that ugly mosquito queen. Has potential to be really awesome I hope and wonder if he and Saitama will meet up soon, I hope. I wonder why Saitama didnt rush out to face off against the mosquito threat, then again he only seems partially committed doing the hero saving thing just for fun, Fun chapter.
You will be in for a treat then. Latest chapter is so good,
looks like Genos's arch enemy has been revealed so FUCK YEAH!!!

Antiwhippy

I like the concept of stands and the fights are usually fun, I just feel like they've really stretched out how many it took before facing Dio.

Doesn't help that Jotaro is nowhere as interesting as Joseph, but luckily joesph is still there.

Akairu Sekai Keikaku 1
Well I suppose thats one way to solve Japan's declining birth rates. Seems like its going to be Battle Royale meets TWGOK with the MC being only interested in 2D. Interested to see how smutty this will get.

Hitomi no Dokusenyoku 1 - 7 (end)
tumblr_mhiursr9QO1qhibsao1_250.jpg

Stories involving models are always so interesting. The first I encountered was brothers and what not but that ended a few months ago so it was time to try something else. The two stories here are shorter but still entertaining with all four Ryo and Shinpei, Taka and Yuuma (childhood friends). Ryo and Shinpei followed the typical route, Ryo is the cool one but has difficulty expressing his feelings while Shinpei thinks he hates him but then they both have similar feelings, adding comedy with Shinpei being super possessive. Misunderstanding was in the second one, but turned out fun and good. Putting Yuuma in the short skirt wedding dress for the big was so odd though made the whole thing intriguing in some sort of strange way, anyway liked the whole thing and the art design.

Tales of the World - Radiant Mythology 01-02

The beginning of the crossover to end all crossover. Well, it does seem that they aren't using the created character in the manga and instead have Kanonno as the main character which is fine. At the very least, this will go faster than that slow game.

I dont know how hax alladin is now if he can pull this off or not, but the source of this conflict (other than titus) is that magnoshustat is located in bad place between kou and rem. So I dunno, maybe alladin can seal off the whole country and move it somewhere else. Lol

Noblesse

Wow, someone who actually pushed Francky. Very nice. Francky will destroy her. Rajack´s brother is heading towards Yuri i bet. Yuri will be killed in this fight which would diminish the 13th power.

Tizoc

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4, Vol. 29
Decided to reread this after the recent All-Stars trailer and...why didn't Jotaro just tell them about Angelo, especially his name? If you're gonna warn people about a homocidal maniac, you'd give them as much details to just run away from the bastard if they even GLIMPSE him.

Jojo: Stardust Crusaders: D'arby the Gamer

Oh god damn it they should have reduced the amount of fucking stand users before facing Dio by 5.

Part 3's redeeming factor. Stand user after stand user got stale after like the 3rd one.

The series main staple became Stands, or rather bizarre super powers from Part 3 onwards. It gives Araki at least, the opportunity to draw the most bizarre and surreal creatures.
I mean really if I asked you to create a Stand design, it prob. wouldn't be as whack as the ones that show up in Part 4 and later.

MCD

Nurarihyon no Mago

Pretty sad to see this end like this. Oh well, at least Nura looked cool with that final fusion.

Erigu

If they think Zolo is bad they should avoid the French translation where Sanji's name is Sandy and Usopp's is Pipo.
Like, what the hell were they thinking.
Well, it's not that hard to see where they were coming from for "Pipo", but still...

Hunter x Hunter. The 2004 databook is full of bizarre, downright creepy official names. Here are some from memory, tell me if you can reverse some of these yourself - I won't tell you who's who.

Curarpikt
Quwrof Wrlccywrlir
Wbererguin
Chzzok
Phalcnothdk (<- HOW)
Hyskoa

retcon: I think these are right too:
Matiy
Syarnorkl
Kkkyau
Yellmi
It is my theory that Togashi was just trolling translators, there...

fertygo

Part 3's redeeming factor. Stand user after stand user got stale after like the 3rd one.

I like the concept of stands and the fights are usually fun, I just feel like they've really stretched out how many it took before facing Dio.

Doesn't help that Jotaro is nowhere as interesting as Joseph, but luckily joesph is still there.

Well the whole series became like that after part 3... Araki always change the fight to various place, setting, and term still make it fun as hell though.

Jintor

So does anybody know where I could get a collection of Tokyopop-era Love Hina volumes and/or would be willing to ship them to me from the US, since most sellers are NA based and only ship domestically? :|

dumbyugi

So does anybody know where I could get a collection of Tokyopop-era Love Hina volumes and/or would be willing to ship them to me from the US, since most sellers are NA based and only ship domestically? :|

Does Book Depository have them? Otherwise good luck.

Antiwhippy

Nurarihyon no Mago 210

So ends one of my favourite shounens in recent years.

TsuraraThis manga deserves a better way to go out. :(

Tizoc

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4, Vol. 29 continued
Just finished up the Angelo story, and man
Okuyasu's brother is such a dick if he'd let Angelo live like that Though he prob. did it due to the whole 'Stand users are attracted to one another and gambled on that to find a healer

fertygo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5, Vol. 29
Just finished up the Angelo story, and man
Okuyasu's brother is such a dick if he'd let Angelo live like that Though he prob. did it due to the whole 'Stand users are attracted to one another and gambled on that to find a healer

You mean part 4?

At first I thought you just make typo..

upandaway

It is my theory that Togashi was just trolling translators, there...
It's likely he's just messing around, but it's also possible that he tried to do something there, because all of the weirdest names are of people from Meteor City, so maybe he was going for something there..

A bit of a stretch but I got nuthin'

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
If you could have any Jojo Stand apart from Star Platinum and The World, what would it be?
I'd either go for Bruno's Sticky Fingers or Illuso's Man in the Mirror. Blackmore's Catch the Rainbow is pretty sweet too...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nurarihyon no Mago

Damn it I am so pissed off right now.

What was the reason this got cancelled? I heard not because it lacks sales but more like the author decided that he didn't want to do it anymore, yeah? Damn it your characters deserve better, you ********** author!

*Sigh*

Ah well................. Gonna miss Tsurara real bad now. No real conclusion to the whole romance bit, but I guess for all intents and purposes I guess it's pretty safe to say she wins, which is nice....

MCD

I think it failed on some popularity contest. Dunno but in any case, I hope the author doesn't give up on manga and start working on his next work.

Kurita

One Piece vol.61
Not gonna lie, it was still exciting to see the crew after the timeskip. I remember reading the scans like 2 years ago and be like "HOLY SHIT WOAH SO COOL"... The fake Straw Hats were pretty funny.
And yeah, One Piece is better read in bulk.
Sandy/Pipo aside, reading it in French is more enjoyable than shitty fan translations.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
One-Punch Man 5
tumblr_mifjc9fhvG1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Instant favorite character, what a stunning appearance to be on like Saitama's level with just one blast destroying all those pesky mosquitos and that ugly mosquito queen. Has potential to be really awesome I hope and wonder if he and Saitama will meet up soon, I hope. I wonder why Saitama didnt rush out to face off against the mosquito threat, then again he only seems partially committed doing the hero saving thing just for fun, Fun chapter.

You just HAD to use that avatar huh? Naruto ones weren't enough? :lol

YAWN

It's been a while since I read Stone Ocean. I forgot how much I liked Weather and Anasui, lol.
Lolanasui.jpg

Lolanasui2.jpg

YAWN

I like Hermes's stand, Kiss. It's pretty simple but hey. I liked her "fight" with the Highway To Hell user.

The thing I love most about Jojo is the unique abilities. You wouldn't really see a lot of the stands in other Manga. That, and there's always strategy involved in the fights. It isn't decided by just power. Plus villains actually pose a threat. It's cool how one minute the hero has the upper hand, then the villain, then the hero, then the villain, etc.
It isn't just generic "pwnage cuz I belive in my friends" shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom