• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

Medaka Box

..."However?!"

Oh boy. Dude just won't go down.

Abnormal-kei Joshi 03

Killer > Mastermind > Imouto > Chuunibyou >Mascochist > Vampire > Narcoleptic

It's like everyone's dream of an all Yandere Harem.

Stinky

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48040922]Prison School is awesome. The artist is a perspective monster.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I forgot to mention, the art is GODLY. I saw this on your favourite artists list a bit ago and though "huh, isnt that a comedy manga?" .

I know exactly what you mean by his perspective drawing, dude is a goddamn master.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Medaka Box
Not sure what happened in that last panel there. Did he take over Zenkichi or something?

Beelzebub
So if you admit to being the underling of someone with demon powers you get that demon power too? Where has this ridiculous ability been the whole series?

Koibitogokoro 6
tumblr_mil6fl6OQj1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Pretty funny chapter. Jun with such nervousness and anxiety with just calling Saki up on the trip. Then when he finally calls, to just hang up. Best moment was when they ended the call and Jun litrally melted just from hearing Saki. Really good chapter too bad it ends in just a few :(

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48044232]They're probably not bringing over Assassination Classroom because it's not worth the licensing fees for a terrible manga.[/QUOTE]

So do you simply hate popular shonen jump manga cause you seem to bash on all of them

So I reread this weeks Medaka Box chapter, I don't think that "however..." is meant to indicate the battle still isn't over, I think it's more of a "however... everyone is still dead" type thing.

7Th

Is there some sort of list of manga with genuinely great art? A list that doesn't rely on including everything by Daisuke Igarashi and Taiyo Matsumoto?

Is there some sort of list of manga with genuinely great art? A list that doesn't rely on including everything by Daisuke Igarashi and Taiyo Matsumoto?

Green Blood maybe? But I'm easy to impress. Only 21 chapters so far, so it's easy to get into.

TMhzy.jpg

scy

So I reread this weeks Medaka Box chapter, I don't think that "however..." is meant to indicate the battle still isn't over, I think it's more of a "however... everyone is still dead" type thing.

It could be.

It's also Medaka Box so I wouldn't really put anything past Nisio, honestly.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 40

More insight into the motivations of the ECSC is good. The imminent erasure of what's effectively the MC's only remaining lead is bad, though I suspect he'll pull something out of the bag at the last moment. I'm fond of scientist dude man so I hope he hasn't been t-virused.

Fujimura Box 81

Himuro has smiled more times in the last few chapters than in the previous 70ish combined and it's beginning to freak me ou-- oh. That's why.

Sidonia no Kishi 1-2

nah

Onikirisama no Hakoirimusume 1-21 (END)

Average averageness about ye olde half-demon girl trying to integrate into the modern world. Weak beginning and conclusion, an assortment of reasonably likeable but uninspired characters, decent enough comedy marred by awful angst from the heroine, yada yada.

Medaka Box 183

So the guy who's only half the man he used to be may actually turn out to be the man he once was. Cool.

Azure J

One Piece

Momosuke's a bawse. Surprised to see Doflamingo actually submit to Law's plotting.

Bleach

Oh wow, I'm honestly a little shocked at the idea of Unohana dying too. You'd think you want as many able hands as possible there in Soul Society to keep fighting for the cause, but eh logic. And of course they had to find some bullshit to kick Ichigo own another flight of stairs for him to crawl up with the current pacing.

Medaka Box

Zen & Shiranui are the OTP. Good to see him get a win of that caliber but Fukurou...

Waht are you doin Fukurou

Fukurou

stahp.

Beelzebub

Oh we're going full battle manga for this arc? Cool. Love how Furuichi is commanding the troops lately.

Stupid sexy Nasu.

Abnormal-kei Joshi Chapter 1

...well this is a thing.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48046075]Blade of the Immortal
Vita Arcana
Berserk
Vagabond
Kokou no Hito[/QUOTE]

No Jojolion?

Azure J

Every time I see Aki Irie's stuff, I think of that manga "Oh My Sweet Alien". Everything's so trippy/dreamy looking (in a good way).

Stinky

Prison School v.3

"But thats my uniform..!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EDIT: oh my god I feel so bad for Kiyoshi. Holy shit the vice-prez kicked the door in. How will Kiyo-kun and the gang fare? Will He ever win Chiyo-chans love? Find out, next volume!!

EDIT2: lol he got back to the toilet off-panel

Why are the vice presidents legs always COMPLETELY soaked ... and with what.

lordmrw

D. Gray-Man Vol. 4 (Chapters 27 - 36)

t4mUkhP.png

Enjoying the Vampire story so far, unfortunately ended on a bit cliffhanger. Bah!

Lavi is an awesome character. Great character design and fun personality, and a giant ass hammer to boot. I have to mention I really like how the author draws little easter eggs in the background, like Timcanpy smoking a cigarette with the Bookman. The comedy tickled my funny bone this volume most of the time as well. I realize now I am horrible at writing my thoughts out on manga.

I ordered up to Volume 16 just a few minutes ago, which ends around chapter 160. That's when the huge drop in quality happens, right? Regardless, I'm excited to read more, but for now, Trigun time!

the drop in quality happens somewhere around chapter 185 or so, the month it switched to monthly periodical. The art change is pretty drastic and near incomprehensible up until 200 where it becomes bearable. Shame too as it had the best art in Shonen jump imo and was my favorite series.

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 10 and 11

Gambling chapter with the Phantom Commander made me chuckle a bit and stuff, it was somewhat entertaining.

Cerberus kun, Orthucus, Cyclops, the writer has a really odd thing with these mascot character designs, then again I guess if this series had ever gotten popular Cerberus kun would fit right along with the Korosensei merchandise...

Yonafunu

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48046075]Blade of the Immortal
Vita Arcana
Berserk
Vagabond
Kokou no Hito[/QUOTE]

Vinland Saga
I really like Miwa Shirow (Dogs: Bullets & Carnage) as well

gunbo13

Gunbo! Did you know there's something called MMY. It's pretty amazing. I like it a lot.
lol I honestly was skimming. But yea, I need to get back on MMY. I haven't even checked out the anime art style.
I thought you would pop in here sooner once i saw you in the DmC thread at one point.

how's it going man.
Not bad. Actually have time now to read manga again. Didn't want to pop-in too much with nothing to show. But I did read a chapter of Red Haired Snow White yesterday so I'm on my way!

It's the little steps.

Retcon:
I also see it is biz as usual here.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48044232]They're probably not bringing over Assassination Classroom because it's not worth the licensing fees for a terrible manga.[/QUOTE]

This invalidates the truthiness of your next 100 posts in the manga thread.

Also, it is unfortunate that some mangas with great art that I read, such as Vagabond and One Punch Man, are infected with I'd like to personally call "Large Spreads Syndrome": that is, to show the OMG-ness of the art the author seems so often placing large spreads or things like that making the content of the chapter itself so short and thus impeding the progress of the story to a slow, grinding halt (just to showcase the OMG ART!)

7Th

Could you guys list manga with good art that is actually fully scanlated? I hate reading on-going stuff with sporadic releases; I always forget about them.

lol I honestly was skimming. But yea, I need to get back on MMY. I haven't even checked out the anime art style.

Not bad. Actually have time now to read manga again. Didn't want to pop-in too much with nothing to show. But I did read a chapter of Red Haired Snow White yesterday so I'm on my way!

It's the little steps.

Retcon:

Welcome back and cmon you should know its always business as usual here.

Toriyama always has really cool designs.

dbzeosm4.png

The staging works really well, it's got character without seeming random like you'd get from something like One Piece.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48066538]Toriyama always has really cool designs.

The staging works really well, it's got character without seeming random like you'd get from something like One Piece.[/QUOTE]

Thought it was kind of lacking in Kintoki (well main character design was great) but everything else was not, perhaps he has lost his touch over the years.

Beelzebub 193

Couldn't help but laugh after seeing shirtless Nasu. Looks like Kanzaki is getting a convenient power-up, maybe now he'll be able to win a fight against a named character.

Korosenai

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48066538]Toriyama always has really cool designs.

http://www.abload.de/img/dbzeosm4.png[IMG]

The staging works really well, it's got character without seeming random like you'd get from something like One Piece.[/QUOTE]

Looking at this image, and thinking back on it, it's really weird to see Vegeta actually eating another alien/life form.

upandaway

Beelzebub
So if you admit to being the underling of someone with demon powers you get that demon power too? Where has this ridiculous ability been the whole series?
I get you, I get you, but as late as it is to have this ability come in... you have to admit they were pretty consistent with the whole "I'm not his underling" banter every single chapter, so it's not that out there for this to only apply now. Also it was really cool haha.

I love how Furuichi's first reaction was "what do the numbers mean" as opposed to "WHY DO EVERYONE HAVE HIS THING AT ALL" like my reaction was. It's like his mind was 2 steps forward, pretty surreal!

retcon
Taiyou no Ie 1-7

Very... heartwarming.
YES

It's the little steps.

Retcon:
Welcome back man

Also the anime > the manga, not budging on that one

Kiwaguro no Brynhildr

The parasite is negatively terrible. How is it even still alive? Did it revive after being in the tube for a long time? So creepy. It's so creepy.

That parasite is the one difference between this being a happy little series where people sometimes melt and a horror manga.

smurfx

get some go again
I've always assumed that Law was Whitebeard's doctor, since he's the death surgeon... and Law's pirate emblem has a smile on it.

... but then again Whitebeard's IV drip has a more curvy smile, and none of those prongs around it.
no way was law his pirate doctor. law was under doflamingo and would have been too young to be on whitebeards ship. ace took over the 2nd spot which was vacant for a while and who knows who used to command it. i personally believe it was crocodile.

wonzo

Banned
Abnormal-kei Joshi 3

Ah yes, the overly obsessive little sister joins in on the harem of shit. Fucking trash manga. Dropped.

Assassination Classroom 31

Yeah, this fight turned out pretty disappointing so far. Hopefully it actually goes somewhere next chapter.

Medaka Box 183

I... don't even know what the fuck's going on anymore.

Seven Deadly Sins 16

The doctor still being alive felt like a copout but I'm pretty pumped for what's coming next.

Silver Spoon 66.5

RIP Bear. :(

Kiruko-san 10-11

Seems pretty pointless to introduce another character at this stage.

Azure J

Abnormal-kei Joshi 2 & 3

The harem manga SmutGAF deserve but not the one it needs right now. Clearly.

At the same time, we really didn't need the sister.
The sociopathic knife murderer childhood friend was already enough to cover the "longstanding relationship from youth" angle and all the better for not going with that tired "taboo".

All in all, I kinda like this a bit and I hope the plot doesn't seriously veer off into "more of the same" harem stuff with a group this nuts. Also, Shiinya is the most swag protagonist since the Persona 4 anime version of Yu. He gives no fucks whatsoever.

And of course:

Maso>Stalker>Knight/8th Grader Syndrome>Sleeping Beauty>Vampire>Serial Killer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(why are you even here)>>>>>>>>> Sister. Serial Killer would be top tier if we knew she was stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom