• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

Copy ninja Orochimaru. It seems that Hashirama entered sage mode immediately. Great chapter. I have always wanted to see the 2 of them fight.

Bleach

Finally Kenpachi had gotten some character development. I thought that would never happen. Finally Ichigo gets confronted about his shit attitude about Zangetsu. I was so damn annoyed that Zangetsu was not mentioned after Ichigo got his powers back.

one piece

Half the chapter went to waist, at least there was some progress. Aokiji is trying to stop Akainu sounds nice.

Toriko

Nitro is in the house.

Fairy Tail

Jura better not lose, but he will.

Beelzebub

Kanzaki has gotten the seal. Interesting.

Stinky

Prison School

I love how "the Vice-President is wearing a shirt!!" is a cliffhanger.

EDIT: Hahahaha oh my god they've all developed wet t-shirt telepathy

Aww, I caught up. I'd love to read impressions of this if someone was to start reading it. Its 100 times better than Aunt Tits, I promise.

One Piece

I don't get why before the time skip, Doflamingo threatens someone from the World Government that he could quit being a warlord at anytime if he wanted to, and now post time skip, it's a bad thing if he quits being a warlord. What's up with that?

Situation changed, at that point dofla was in control of everything. Now he lost punk hazard/ceasar and law betrayed him putting him at a huge disadvantage. It's like a person at work who has a special position who always threatens to quit all of the sudden having his wife leave him with 4 kids and one of those kids gets cancer. The man who yesterday didn't give a fuck is all of the sudden in a defensive position.

Kurita

Welp, the French name of Shingeki No Kyojin will be "L'Attaque des Titans" (Attack of the Titans). I guess it's better than Attack On Titan.

Stinky

Welp, the French name of Shingeki No Kyojin will be "L'Attaque des Titans" (Attack of the Titans). I guess it's better than Attack On Titan.

The only problem I had with "Attack on Titan" is that it made it sound like a scifi.. it sounded intentionally deceiving.

The French version is far more clear in that the Titans are giants, not the moon Titan.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 54
23243570kiood.jpg

Rena dun good. Suspected she was lying but she was more astute than I gave her credit for. Now MC just needs to not botch the make up.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48095171]What's the best manga about aliens? The only good ones I can think of are Dragon Ball Z and Terra Formars.[/QUOTE]

Level E

Jintor

I love the idea of It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular... I just can't take cringe comedy at all. :T

It's just so depressing how fucked up she is.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
jojo 361

jesus. is koichi the main character of this arc? because hes the best damn character thats for sure. god damn.

Fairy Tail 320
tumblr_minftkVisu1r0tadgo1_500.png

Wow what a great addition to this week of Laxus awesome moment in the anime and awesome and epic line in the manga. Jura wont stand no chance at all.

The four mages at the top of this list of ten sounds really impressive and compelling. I wonder if they will get an arc dedicated to their ownselves or if they hold any ruling power in the land. Feels like an evolution and streamlined version of the "four" that exist in One Piece.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
DTL, can I ask you a question? Be honest: where do you put Fairy Tail in the.... say, your top 10 best manga of all time? Number one? Number two? How does it compare to the likes of the Big 3 or any other popular/accomplished mangas like Beelzebub, Slam Dunk, Hunter x Hunter, etc etc?

Qvoth

Jigokuren - Love in the Hell 02

So, smutgaf with a slight s&m or guro fetish, this is for you.

Though I guess the violence and the gore is more for the gags than anything sexual.
The manga already ended though, can't remember how many chapters total, but i don't think it reaches more than 20 in the end

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Baka-updates still lists it as ongoing in other home country though.

I'm enjoying it. Cute premise.

Also, apparently it's localised in english but I can't find it anywhere online.

wonzo

Banned
[quote="God's Beard!";48095171]What's the best manga about aliens? The only good ones I can think of are Dragon Ball Z and Terra Formars.[/quote]
Oh, My Sweet Alien! aka Yome ga Kore na Monde

wonzo

Banned
AKB49 115

akb49115.png

FUCK

YES

AAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU YOSHINAGAAAAA

TWGOK 220

Poor Yui. ;_;

Friend's Not Popular 1

This is just as wahjah as the main thing. I approve!

Kurita

I Am a Hero vol.6
xboc22Q.jpg

That refugee fort/camp is really exciting, giving strong Dead Rising vibes.
Amazing volume overall, Hiromi pulling that zombie jaw out was gross but badass.
Really looking forward to the next volume.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I need to get back into reading manga. I started that one-shot manga Meguraian no Kimi and its so ridiculous when the girl comes back with a makeover.

The last manga I had been consistently reading TWGOK, the last chapter I read was when he was figuring out why he couldn't get into the school without triggering the weird dimension changes.

I need to start reading Beelzebub again. I quit reading Naruto after the initial mangastream debacle.

Is Hunter X Hunter still in limbo again? Any chapters released recently?

Is One Punch Man that parody manga I saw people post pictures of?

Any recommendations you guys could give me? I like everything, shonen, seinen, smut.

Jintor

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol 1-10

Awww yeah dat sweet Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Improves substantially (in delivery/planning/non-confusing panelling/surprisingly, art is relatively consistent) over time.

The thing I like most about this shoujo is that drama isn't created out of misunderstandings regarding whether or not characters know other characters like them, it's all about their own goddamn selves getting in the way of those things.

DTL, can I ask you a question? Be honest: where do you put Fairy Tail in the.... say, your top 10 best manga of all time? Number one? Number two? How does it compare to the likes of the Big 3 or any other popular/accomplished mangas like Beelzebub, Slam Dunk, Hunter x Hunter, etc etc?

Thats a pretty difficult question. At this point in time my top 10 best manga
1. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
2. Super Lovers
3. Spiral The Bonds of Reasoning
4. Naruto
5. Hunter x Hunter (at least through Greed Island, since thats where Im at in anime)
6. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
7. Tegami Bachi Letter Bee
8. Fairy Tail
9. Mousou Elektal
10. World Trigger/Shokugeki no Soma
HM: Haikyuu!!, Code:Breaker, One-Punch Man

Fairy Tail is good and all but I think other manga just offering more in the way of at least shaking the genre up Natsu is no Tsunayoshi Sawada and there are a wide array of excellent memorable characters in Reborn than there are in Fairy Tail.

Anyway to me Fairy Tail is at risk of falling off like Bleach unless Mashima has some shocking surprise with the future of the series, somehow it just doesn't feel as exciting anymore as it did during say the Edolas arc or the Tower of Heaven, maybe I just dislike battle royale tournament arcs as so few manga seem to make them enjoyable or time is spent with unappealing characters no one cares about, and sometimes Fairy Tail feels same ole same ole. Fairy Tail is at its best when its Natsu/Gray destroying enemies and defeating enemies with friendship speeches and etc, and some help from the dragonslayers.

At 200 300 chapters, a manga needs to keep throwing out new and shocking revelations constantly to remain good, like Code Breaker does.

Though even if it did, I still think HxH is much better. Killua Gon are such exciting main characters, the drama and story is so intense at times, and I actually cant ever predict it (I mean sometimes Fairy Tail is honestly predictable now). So many unique and varied abilities, an ability system that seems really evolved for the genre, and just an amazing feeling of adventure that cant be found nowhere else.

Princess Resurrection 85

So going by MAL this is the endgame? I'm disappointed at the lack of involvement from the majority of the cast / the (current) absence of chainsaws. Not that I had particularly high hopes for the finale anyway.

Mangaka-san to Assistant 136
Please don't say "you are lazy." Don't quit the day job, Ashisu.

Nisekoi 63

Misunderstandings: the chapter. I keep forgetting the locket is a thing in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom