• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Fairy Tail
I almost forgot who was fighting whom, that's how slow paced this manga is for a while now. I kinda like Laxus but it would make no sense for him to beat Jura, so he'll probably do it.

Beelzebub

Soooo....Will Aoi become the leader of the Red Tails again to get her own set of subordinates?

On second thought, does anyone even know she has her own demon? Can't remember, it hasn't come up in a while.

Akito

Beelzebub

Soooo....Will Aoi become the leader of the Red Tails again to get her own set of subordinates?

On second thought, does anyone even know she has her own demon? Can't remember, it hasn't come up in a while.
ibdI1KiRECNb0Z.png

Yeah she has a demon but I'm not sure they've made a contract yet, I don't recall her having a zebul spell.

upandaway

Beelzebub

Aoi might also get Oga's thing like Kanzaki but I don't think they'll go further than that

Besides didn't they say he's a god and not a demon, or something?

Aoi might also get Oga's thing like Kanzaki but I don't think they'll go further than that

Besides didn't they say he's a god and not a demon, or something?

I'd guess more than Aoi will need a power up. I don't think they're part of the six upstarts but they mentioned former Red Tails started calling themselves the new red tails.

Fairy Tail
I almost forgot who was fighting whom, that's how slow paced this manga is for a while now. I kinda like Laxus but it would make no sense for him to beat Jura, so he'll probably do it.

Isn't that true of every fairy tail battle in the whole series?

upandaway

Ikusaba Animation 2

This manga is waaaaaay more excited than it has any legal right to, haha. Hopefully the other members are just as excited as he is!

From how fast that complex was dealt with it seems like it'll pop up again later on

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Probably should go for the drama version. Seems like one of those mangas that takes forever to scanlate.

I like it quite a bit though. Mostly read it because it was from the same author as Oishii Kankei.

gunbo13

Also the anime > the manga, not budging on that one
Sold. I'll check out the anime even before catching up on the read.

Also, I will forever have a soft spot for Toriyama's art. Though it helps that CT is my favorite game ever and the character design makes me giggle inside.

retcon:
What's with the pixel art avys?

Antiwhippy

Real clothes?

I'm always fascinated by the titles of manga.

You mean manga titles like "I'm a royal tutor in my sister's dress"?

I went through so many states of mind following this, it took me over a minute, but in the end I stabilized at laughter.

While I pretty much had the same reaction when I first read this, to be fair to the manga he's the over-sensitive camp gay character. :p

gunbo13

Neoriceisgood did them for ManGAF a while back.
Wow, damn good work Neorice. That Usa-chan Man looks great. I'd kill for a Dorothea from Ludwig Revolution or a DMC2 Dante. :p

Just now going through my list of horribly disappointing scanlation progress since I took a break:
Blood Lad (anime at least)
Countrouble
Fukashigi Philia
Hekikai no AiON (fucking lame, I like Yuna Kagesaki)
Nyan Koi!
Reimei no Arcana
School Shock (dang)

Series I'm glad are stalled:
Pastel

GManDH

FAIRY TAIL
How the hell do u start another battle without finishing the previous battle?? ie ERZA. did like that they mention that there are 4 wizards who are amazingly strong!!!!

Antiwhippy

Real Clothes 24-25

Yikes.

I know the dude is feeling insecure and all that due to family matters, but fucking hell that is not cool at all.

Glad to see she knows to follow her heart even if there will be conflict.

Haikyu 15-24

Well the members of the team came together pretty fast. Guess the writer wanted to get that out of the way and start broadening the scope of the actual games? At least I hope.

scy

History's Strongest Fanservice 511 - I think a chapter was here too.

Those two-page spreads. This is everything I expected from this fight really.

Korosenai

One Piece

I don't get why before the time skip, Doflamingo threatens someone from the World Government that he could quit being a warlord at anytime if he wanted to, and now post time skip, it's a bad thing if he quits being a warlord. What's up with that?

One Piece

I don't get why before the time skip, Doflamingo threatens someone from the World Government that he could quit being a warlord at anytime if he wanted to, and now post time skip, it's a bad thing if he quits being a warlord. What's up with that?

Empty threat? The WG wouldn't know about his underground operation/organization and know that he needs his position for whatever reasons. Kind of goes along with the threats from Vergo about his past, and Ceasar with saying there would be consequences, there seems to be just a lot of threats when it comes to Doflamingo.

Korosenai

Empty threat? The WG wouldn't know about his underground opperation/organization and know that he needs his position for whatever reasons. Kind of goes along with the threats from Vego about his past, there seems to be just a lot of threats when it comes to Doflamingo.

Why would him quitting be a bad thing for the WG though? Also, you figured they would know he is the King of Dressrosa. Hopefully this all get elaborated on later (which im sure it will).

Why would him quitting be a bad thing for the WG though? Also, you figured they would know he is the King of Dressrosa. Hopefully this all get elaborated on later (which im sure it will).

I'm guessing the WG benefits from him being a shichibukai somehow. With the sudden mention of him being royalty it could have something to do with that, could also tie in with why Law wanted him to step down.

The way everyone talks about him and how he didn't want to quit it almost seems like he is working every angle. He could be just using everyone for a lot of different things like the WG, Kaidou or other Yonkou, Dressrosa, and is using them all for his own gains.

I really have no clue, hopefully we find out more from Law's call next week.

Steroyd

Fairy Tail

Wow talk about being all over the place, and to top it off even stronger wizards have been name dropped for some reason, it's not like there's a lot on the plate as it is.

TWGOK

Yui initiating the start of a beautiful bromance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom