• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Thats a pretty difficult question. At this point in time my top 10 best manga
1. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
2. Super Lovers
3. Spiral The Bonds of Reasoning
4. Naruto
5. Hunter x Hunter (at least through Greed Island, since thats where Im at in anime)
6. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
7. Tegami Bachi Letter Bee
8. Fairy Tail
9. Mousou Elektal
10. World Trigger/Shokugeki no Soma
HM: Haikyuu!!, Code:Breaker, One-Punch Man

World Trigger, seriously?
The manga has 2 chapters.

Jintor

Saint Young Men 02

JlrezNr.png

I think its off to a fantastic start for the genre, feels unique, and has huge potential.

I dont think length of a series could prevent a series from being a good one, some one shots are honestly better than some whole series even.

I thought the same about Beelzebub, when I started reading it. I couldn't remember a manga that made me laugh so hard back then, but then, as I caught up, it turned rather ... meh. Judging an incomplete manga over 2 chapters is ridiculous.

And it seems obvious that some oneshots are better than series, because it's harder to tell a good story over the span of 100 chapters and more.

dramatis

I thought the same about Beelzebub, when I started reading it. I couldn't remember a manga that made me laugh so hard back then, but then, as I caught up, it turned rather ... meh. Judging an incomplete manga over 2 chapters is ridiculous.

And it seems obvious that some oneshots are better than series, because it's harder to tell a good story over the span of 100 chapters and more.
Obviously DTL might be jumping the gun, but there's also manga that are meh at the beginning and get better and better as they go along.

FYC

Banned
Trigun

Weird ending, but besides that, I liked it. Fun cast of characters with great character designs, an interesting sci-fi / western universe, good action + comedy and some mystery thrown in for good measure.

I look forward to more adventures with Vash. Too bad I have to wait until June for the 3rd Trigun Maximum Omnibus, but I guess I can start the first one in the meantime.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hito Hitori Futari 1-5

I seem to be having an after-life theme at the moment.

So basically a deceased girl is made to become a guardian angel for the prime minister of japan? Interesting concept, and the art is pretty damn good.

Qvoth

Hito Hitori Futari 1-5

So basically a deceased girl is made to become a guardian angel for the prime minister of japan? Interesting concept, and the art is pretty damn good.

well that's the mangaka of sidooh, so yeah he's pretty good

I need to get back into reading manga. I started that one-shot manga Meguraian no Kimi and its so ridiculous when the girl comes back with a makeover.

The last manga I had been consistently reading TWGOK, the last chapter I read was when he was figuring out why he couldn't get into the school without triggering the weird dimension changes.

I need to start reading Beelzebub again. I quit reading Naruto after the initial mangastream debacle.

Is Hunter X Hunter still in limbo again? Any chapters released recently?

Is One Punch Man that parody manga I saw people post pictures of?

Any recommendations you guys could give me? I like everything, shonen, seinen, smut.
7 seeds. :D

7 SEEDS
Hito Hitori Futari 1-5

Beat me to it, I just started reading that too. The art seems really nostalgic for some reason.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hito Hitori Futari 36

Man, this manga became weirdly great. Now it revolves around the current prime minister of japan waging a ghost psychic political war in order to denuclearise japan, in response to the 2011 Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster.

Also kubo is goddamn creepy as hell.

jbug617

Banned
Bleh.. worst match of the series since early chapter.

I hope this not the effect author got messed up because the terrorist act

yeah this match was the worst of them all. My guess is since Kise is a popular character he tried to show him off before the conclusion of the match.

A Fighting, Maid-like, Boy in Drag 3

Well that was a fun hot springs chapter. Want Arata x Yuuri to be canon, the snow scene and how he teases him.

Haikyuu!! 49
tumblr_mioqdfIx771qbxqfpo1_500.png

Wow incredible and so fun. Oikawa personality goes so well with the leading members of Karasuno, especially Kageyama and even Hinata. He even has great scenes and his dump shot moment was so cool. Really up there with Kenma and Kuroo.

Frogman 1-58 (END)

This is a perfect example of a manga that lost steam by dragging on for too long. If it'd ended at around chapter 1 20 it would've been more enjoyable. Anyway, there was swimming and Mr T and shit.

Ib - Memories of a Red Rose (doujin)
Sad face. I'm still waiting for my ending where
the trio wait for someone else to wander in, kill them and then all leave together.

Sono mama de 3
tumblr_miorfbLZwP1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Finally, really good chapter on the whole thing and hopefully they stay together though I guess Tsuji cant go to the beach looking like that at the end of the chapter.

End of chapter 4 panel thing was hilarious, Tsuji so silly sometimes.

I need to get back into reading manga. I started that one-shot manga Meguraian no Kimi and its so ridiculous when the girl comes back with a makeover.

The last manga I had been consistently reading TWGOK, the last chapter I read was when he was figuring out why he couldn't get into the school without triggering the weird dimension changes.

I need to start reading Beelzebub again. I quit reading Naruto after the initial mangastream debacle.

Is Hunter X Hunter still in limbo again? Any chapters released recently?

Is One Punch Man that parody manga I saw people post pictures of?

Any recommendations you guys could give me? I like everything, shonen, seinen, smut.
Yeah, you need to read 7 Seeds.

Kurita

Haikyu!! 49
This match will be great, dump shots everywhere. Loved everyone's reaction when Kageyama did it :lol
I want to punch that Oikawa.

Terra Formars v2 (1-5)

Enjoying the cast a whole, Alex and Marcos as well as Hizamaru are excellent and am getting attached, Ivan on the Russian side too. Hope at least they all survive.

The Alien Delivery Virus is a really compelling concept.

Kuroko no Basket:
Great ending to the match. This match overall wasn't as good as the Touou match, but there were some pretty nice moments in it. The last couple of chapters were pretty great.

Lain

Thanks.

Holy shit, I started Pun Pun. This is so bizarre. I'm conflicted between loling at Pun Pun's form and the wtf stuff that happens.

Punpun is one of the funniest depressing stories around.
I got done reading volume 10 and I just can't put it into words.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Nisekoi
and with this flashback scene my nisekoi prediction basically came out 100% true

Nisekoi

Wait a second am I missing something? Doesn't Onodera already know they're pretending?

SHE SERIOUSLY STILL DOESN'T?
iirc, she does but doesn't really believe that its truly nothing (of which she's actually correct about...)

Also, You're a pretty awesome poster too, upandaway

upandaway

Hayate

Yeah I was about to say that. That's one way to make sure she'll never win it! And also she wasted the one advantage she had over everyone (the wish).

That said, I could definitely get used to this agressive Ruka. The underwear stuff were amazing :lol completely surreal

Nisekoi

iirc, she does but doesn't really believe that its truly nothing (of which she's actually correct about...)
Well yeah sure but she was saying how "it's natural for them to do it" in the chapter. Oh well

Hayate 396 - Ruka is going to win and divorce Hayate on the spot, calling it now. Ruka is definitely my new favorite character though. Girls that are straight forward are quite nice.

Azure J

TWGOK 220

Yui, if its any consoltation being in the bro tier, while not as high as a wife, is at least above stranger and maybe idol tier.

What are you talking about? That's higher than Moderator Tier! (Elsie, Haqua, Chihiro) Wives are nothing for a capture god, but to get promoted to something higher than people who are in on the game? Priceless. :p

Tales of the World - Radiant Mythology 3: Hajimari no Kiseki

An one shot which details how the guild was founded in the game. Not bad and does make me want to play the game again.

Akito

Nisekoi
Fuck, stop reminding me of how everyone was playing together back then when you don't have the intention of revealing anything.

Otoyomegatari
Oh man, I wonder how Amir will be like when Karluk becomes 15 or so, she is basically drooling all over him already
and I'm still super jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom