• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tales of the World - Radiant Mythology 3: Hajimari no Kiseki

An one shot which details how the guild was founded in the game. Not bad and does make me want to play the game again.

It's too bad Radiant Mythology 1 sold like balls over here because RM2 and 3 looked so much better. RE1 was pretty shit though

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nisekoi
Fuck, stop reminding me of how everyone was playing together back then when you don't have the intention of revealing anything.

Otoyomegatari
Oh man, I wonder how Amir will be like when Karluk becomes 15 or so, she is basically drooling all over him already
and I'm still super jealous

Maybe she likes it young.

*creepin'*

It's too bad Radiant Mythology 1 sold like balls over here because RM2 and 3 looked so much better. RE1 was pretty shit though

Even if RM1 sold gangbusters (or above average) I doubt Scamco would have even attempted to bring the others over due to all that voiceover work that have to be done.

wonzo

Banned
Ran and the Gray World 1-6

rangrayworld3.png

Wow, the really charming narrative is one thing but the art elevates it to a whole new level. sogood

bigkrev

Niseoki
Nice end to a fun arc. Fun to see how all the girls reacted to thinking they "lost" the game, so to speak.

A Fighting, Maid Like Boy
Went from a mostly innocent first chapter, to simulated rape in chapter 2, to now nudity in chapter 3. Can't wait for Chapter 4 (Masturbation and Oral), Chapter 5 (Penetration), and Chapter 6 (Orgy)

A Fighting, Maid Like Boy
Went from a mostly innocent first chapter, to simulated rape in chapter 2, to now nudity in chapter 3. Can't wait for Chapter 4 (Masturbation and Oral), Chapter 5 (Penetration), and Chapter 6 (Orgy)

If Arata gets involved in this too, well I guess he was in chp 2 but missing in the best moments of 3 :/

Trance Knights 07

Lol, that's too bad. Looks like the magazine it was died so this ended up dying as well. Completely didn't feel like a last chapter, hell nothing felt resolved, the girl wasn't saved, they introduced another character, promises were made, etc, etc.

This series had decent potential but I guess it had bad luck being published in a magazine that died midway.

Qvoth

hito hitori futari
oh wow i didn't realize english scans had them until chapter 36 already, great

hayate no gotoku
would be awesome if they did end up
getting married
just to see where it could go but i'm 100000000000% conviced it would not happen

Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! 1-11

A first year college student ends up taking care of his sister's three daughters after an airplane accident leaves her and her husband missing. They live in a college dorm and there are a lot of panty shots and naked girls. Implied incest. I don't really want to call it a lolicon, but it's getting there. There's also an overlapping family theme that makes me have feelings. These feels... And then the mood whiplash with all the T&A.

Dresden

Reminded me more of a Masakazu Ishiguro manga than Yotsuba, tbh. It's great though. I lost it at chapter ten.

e: randomly glanced through chapter one of Soredemo again and all I hear is Omigawa's voice in every speech bubble.

Antiwhippy

I meant it more as using a man raising an unreasonable child as a source for humour.

I don't think I've ever read masakazu's manga before though.

Dresden

I meant it more as using a man raising an unreasonable child as a source for humour.

I don't think I've ever read masakazu's manga before though.

They're great, you should consider giving them a shot. I should specify that I'm thinking of Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru in particular, though, because Getenrou is . . . different.

Antiwhippy

They're great, you should consider giving them a shot. I should specify that I'm thinking of Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru in particular, though, because Getenrou is . . . different.

Oh wait, I have read and watched soredemo, which is pretty "brilliant" too.

Kurita

Stardust Crusaders vol.1
Fighting on a plane? No problem!
Off to a great start, the stands so far were cool. Old Joseph is a bro.

Kurita

Kurita saint young men is excellent. Guess the team stopped at vol 3 though :T

Really? Since it's published here I never checked the scans but that's still a bummer.
This manga deserves to be read by more people.

Wasn't Vertical thinking about publishing it in the US? Or maybe they gave up the idea.

Kurita

Where you at? Wiki doesn't say anything about foreign licences...

France
It's called "Les Vacances de Jésus et Bouddha" (Jesus and Buddha's vacations) here.
MUfWlxV.jpg

The author will be at the Salon du Livre in March in Paris along with Takehiko Inoue. So looking forward to it...

Jintor

God, I wish I could buy SYM physical copies in english. I hope some NA publisher takes a dare on it, it is award-winning so it might have a shot. But the religious thing might not play so well in the States...

Foolworm

So I read through Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Knights of Sidonia today. Both are extremely similar works, and both have insanely detailed and beautiful art.

Sidonia has moe tentacles though. Moe~~
On the other hand, Arpeggio has mini moe-tans. Moe~~

Like I said, both works are rather similar.

France
It's called "Les Vacances de Jésus et Bouddha" (Jesus and Buddha's vacations) here.
MUfWlxV.jpg

The author will be at the Salon du Livre in March in Paris along with Takehiko Inoue. So looking forward to it...

Goddamnit frenchies. I'd do anything to get something by Takehiko.

Yonafunu

Kangoku Gakuen (Prison School)

This is sooo ridiculously funny, awesome and disturbing at the same time. What the fuck.
The art is amazing, looks like a mixture of Oh!Great and Takeshi Obata.

Antiwhippy

Oishii Kankei

It's been awhile since I read this, but I learnt that it was finished awhile ago so I decided to marathon it.

It still feels a little scattershot to me, mostly with how the romance angle and the story of Momoe's rise as a professional chef is intertwined together. Still really enjoyed the overall story. I do like momoe's story arc, being a pampered young girl slowly learning how to live for her passion of cooking and food. Also I really like that "slow" part. She was shown to have potential due to her upbringing but her skills are something that needed to be earned. Wished the romance part was less prominent but whatever, it's josei and I enjoyed the cooking part well enough.

Overall pretty fun.

Shokugeki No Soma 12

Goddamnit now I want some beef. I'll never be able to afford something with that marbling though. :(

There was a viz interview about their digital manga, seems Nisekoi: False Love may see print release.
Is it your plan to have all books be day and date digital?

Yes, we made that conscious decision that we wanted to do day and date print and digital. Sometimes we do releases digital-only where we don’t have the book rights, as with Nisekoi. The demand for that was so high, we are going back to negotiate the print rights.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 3

This one took me a while to go through as I just read it in chunks randomly. It really was stand of the week over and over again until they finally got to Dio and shit just got real. This series is really at it's best when Dio is around. I'm sad to see him finally dead though unless that blood transfusion does something in the future...which at this point wouldn't shock me.

Jotaro as the protagonist rates just under young Joseph now. He wasn't as cool as Joseph but him never really losing his cool and just coming off as cocky was pretty awesome.

As I said the final battle with Dio was pretty awesome. The steamroller was fantastic.

Anyways onto part 4, it's at this point onwards I know nothing about the series other then pictures I've seen. Oh and I think a stand in this part is confusing as fuck or something?

Ratings as it goes forward:

Series: Part 2 > Part 3 > Part 1

Main character: Joseph > Jotaro > Jonathan

Biggest and truest bros: Speedwagon

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

This is everything I liked about Azuma's fights in Yakitate Japan, haha. It seemed like she came a little just from the smell (a new level of foodgasm). Lips thing = me, on the floor, dying.

Erina's face will be a visual masterpiece when this is over

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 3

This one took me a while to go through as I just read it in chunks randomly. It really was stand of the week over and over again until they finally got to Dio and shit just got real. This series is really at it's best when Dio is around. I'm sad to see him finally dead though unless that blood transfusion does something in the future...which at this point wouldn't shock me.

Jotaro as the protagonist rates just under young Joseph now. He wasn't as cool as Joseph but him never really losing his cool and just coming off as cocky was pretty awesome.

As I said the final battle with Dio was pretty awesome. The steamroller was fantastic.

Anyways onto part 4, it's at this point onwards I know nothing about the series other then pictures I've seen. Oh and I think a stand in this part is confusing as fuck or something?

Ratings as it goes forward:

Series: Part 2 > Part 3 > Part 1

Main character: Joseph > Jotaro > Jonathan

Biggest and truest bros: Speedwagon

I just watched Caesar die today so no, Speedwagon is not the truest bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom