• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Baby Steps 158

So dude's strategy is just being a gigantic dick 100% of the time? Checks out.

Akito

Why does it take so agonizingly long to put out a chapter of this series?
It's a sports manga. We sort of wished that IMS was letting the chapter pile up to give us the whole match but apparently it was only because of the translator being busy :|

Baby Steps 158
Almost forgotten about this dude but I guess he won't be a walkover like the last match.

Kurita

Haikyuu!! has relatively fast releases now with like 1 or 2 chapters a week. I think we're just 2 or 3 chapters behind now.

Food Smut 1

Well this is off to a decent start. Laughed out loud at the bodyguard group orgasm.

Jump's seemed to be on a decent run with their new series.

Edit: Just checked out what Baby Steps is, not sure why but I had thought it was a boxing manga.

Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata! 01-23

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! in manga form! I like it. It's definitely amusing and I like most of the characters. I do like how the manga is shifting from the mind controlled girl of the week format and is mixing it up. I'll look forward to where this goes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Piece 700

LTTP here, but I can't be the only one hoping against hope that the yet-to-be-revealed final member of the Shichibukai is the one and only:

CaOwZI7.png

Fuck that guy!

AC 28-32

Honestly, I thought everyone in this class would be on Itona's level. The fight was okay. I didn't expect Koro to use the anti-sensei knife.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
One Piece 700

LTTP here, but I can't be the only one hoping against hope that the yet-to-be-revealed final member of the Shichibukai is the one and only:

CaOwZI7.png

I have no idea what that is but I feel like I should know.

I've probably forgotten more about One Piece then I actually remember.

Stinky

I'd like to read Shokugeki No Soma but... that smut. Really don't like it.

I'm really liking it but I honestly dont care for the smut. Its like a gag to me.

Its basically just your average shonen but with food and great art. The food actually makes me hungry.. its drawn so well. I think the manga could be better though.

I have no idea what that is but I feel like I should know.

I've probably forgotten more about One Piece then I actually remember.

You should read the One Piece SBS if you dont. Basically way back someone asked Oda if the guy in the drawing could be one of the Seven Warlords.

Big One

Banned
Well for one, there are no fairies in My Balls and no person who ever read Onani Master thinks the series is "about masturbation." I mean, Onani Master is only 26 chapters long; I don't get how anyone can claim to have "read" it and not gotten to the point of remembering anything other than most basic of premises. You also claimed to have a neurotic obsession with finishing every series you started. Let's just leave it that you very conveniently post (and apparently remember) about nothing other than One Piece, Naruto and Bleach and have done so for several years now.
I haven't even been on manga-GAF for "several years," for one.

And umm...ok? Those series aren't about what I stated, so what?

I have never, ever claimed to read either of the series. I've only ever said I read some chapters on 4chan, and I did, but it was so long ago that I really don't remember much from it.

It's only you who are obsessed with me reading both of these series like I'm somehow obligated to, and I'm not. No one, I mean NO ONE, is obligated to do anything. I don't expect anyone to read something that I have read.

Why do you (seemingly?) refuse to read Onani Master Kurosawa? Pretty much anyone and everyone who read it praised it for its general excellence.

Just read it, it's not that long. It's not too much trouble, isn't it? Especially considering you claim that you have read numerous other mangas and comics as well.
I do not refuse to read the series.

I just have no interest in it. Never really did, and doubt I ever will. I probably will take a crack at it to shut Angry Grimace up, though.

Your face is not even that good!
I still think I wasted my time with that one (even more than with Assassination Classroom) and I really don't see why everyone's praising it like that. The last two or three chapters, which I admit we're good, don't make up for the rest, including the genre shift.

Stinky

Saint Oniisan v.1

Really funny stuff. Just the novelty of this manga is great. I only get most the Buddha/Buddhism jokes because of Tezuka Osamu's Buddha.. which is itself a running joke in this series haha.

There are some pretty obscure(ish) Christianity jokes as well.. finally, those years of religious education in my catholic primary school payed off.

Sun-Ken Rock v.1

meaning to read this for a while, brotkasten's updates made me really feel like starting it.

I'm glad I did. It's really good!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't even been on manga-GAF for "several years," for one.

And umm...ok? Those series aren't about what I stated, so what?

I have never, ever claimed to read either of the series.

LITERALLY ABOUT THESE TWO SERIES:

Eh I've read both over 1000 years ago. Give me something else

Apparently someone hacked your account because, what do you know, its a post with you explicitly claiming to have read both series.

I've only ever said I read some chapters on 4chan, and I did, but it was so long ago that I really don't remember much from it.

It's only you who are obsessed with me reading both of these series like I'm somehow obligated to, and I'm not. No one, I mean NO ONE, is obligated to do anything. I don't expect anyone to read something that I have read.

I do not refuse to read the series.

I just have no interest in it. Never really did, and doubt I ever will. I probably will take a crack at it to shut Angry Grimace up, though.

And then of course once it became apparent you never read either, you claimed you never finished it, which of course was the total opposite of:

Well not everyone is like you. I'm a completionist so once I'm on something, I have to finish it.

My point isn't that you need to read those series, its that its rather, erm, interesting that you claim to have this superior knowledge and familiarity with all these various works but your posts over the last 2+ years have been nothing but variations on the same posts about One Piece, Naruto and Bleach.

One Piece

I guess the liquid type guy in Doflamingo's crew may be some kind of Snot/Mucus based DF. Some people have pointed out that he appears to have a runny nose, Baby 5 is repulsed by him, and his sound effects in the chapter usually go along with snot.

Doflamingo's crew really seems to have some interesting(odd) DF's.

Snot Boogie. This is New World, man.

Big One

Banned
LITERALLY ABOUT THESE TWO SERIES:

*snip*

Oh wow did someone hack your account?!
1. That was mainly sarcastic.

2. Did not lie there, I really did read those two series, just not in completed form or really in any intensive fashion.

And then of course you're now all about this claim that you never finish anything, despite saying

*snip*
What exactly have I said that contradicts this?

I still strongly feel that way.

My point isn't that you need to read those series, its that its rather, erm, interesting that you claim to have this superior knowledge and familiarity with all these various works but your posts over the last 2+ years have been nothing but variations on the same 2 angry posts about One Piece, Naruto and Bleach while finding excuses for why you can't seem to remember a single thing about any other series.
Manga have existed far longer than my post history here, bro.

I already told you why, in detail, I mainly read Big Three.

One reason is that I'm really not that huge into manga anymore. If you look at my favorite list, with the exception of Vinland Saga and Kongou Banchou, they're all old scanlation favorites. That's when I was reading manga, literally almost five+ years ago.

And there isn't a problem with that, I have a life outside of this thread, and have hobbies outside of this thread. So what?

Angry Grimace

1. That was mainly sarcastic.

2. Did not lie there, I really did read those two series, just not in completed form or really in any intensive fashion.
I'm really wondering whether you think this statement is actually compatible with

I have never, ever claimed to read either of the series.
Big One said:
What exactly have I said that contradicts this?

I still strongly feel that way.
You mean other than the posts we're talking about where you're saying you didn't read anything?

Manga have existed far longer than my post history here, bro.

I already told you why, in detail, I mainly read Big Three.

One reason is that I'm really not that huge into manga anymore. If you look at my favorite list, with the exception of Vinland Saga and Kongou Banchou, they're all old scanlation favorites. That's when I was reading manga, literally almost five+ years ago.

And there isn't a problem with that, I have a life outside of this thread, and have hobbies outside of this thread. So what?
And yet the only thread you post on in the entirety of GAF is this one and your account is less than five years old. That's odd.

Big One

Banned
I'm really wondering whether you think this statement is actually compatible with
I never claimed to have sat down and read both series, no.

I've sarcastically mentioned I did, yes.

But in truth, my only extent in reading both of those series is really on 4chan.

And if you don't know how that works, and why I couldn't just have continued reading them on a manga site after that, then you shouldn't even be discussing this.

You mean other than the posts we're talking about where you're saying you didn't read anything?
Again, nothing contradicts what I said.

I still, to this day, try to make a goal in completing every series I read. I even have plans on continuing Fairy Tail when I get the time to, even.

However both My Balls and Kurosawa were read under different circumstances. I did not start with the first chapter, or the first page of a chapter, I started with random pages cause I was bored one night and read quite a bit of them on 4chan.

Unless I actually start reading these series, I have no real obligation (to myself) to try picking up where I left off. My experiences with both My Balls and Kurosawa are so limited it isn't even worth talking about, yet you continue to bring it up like I'm actually obligated to read them in completion.

And yet the only thread you post on in the entirety of GAF is this one and your account is less than five years old. That's odd.
Not true at all. And my account on GAF has nothing to do with my past love for manga.

Angry Grimace

I never claimed to have sat down and read both series, no.

I've sarcastically mentioned I did, yes.

But in truth, my only extent in reading both of those series is really on 4chan.

And if you don't know how that works, and why I couldn't just have continued reading them on a manga site after that, then you shouldn't even be discussing this.

Again, nothing contradicts what I said.

I still, to this day, try to make a goal in completing every series I read. I even have plans on continuing Fairy Tail when I get the time to, even.

However both My Balls and Kurosawa were read under different circumstances. I did not start with the first chapter, or the first page of a chapter, I started with random pages cause I was bored one night and read quite a bit of them on 4chan.

Unless I actually start reading these series, I have no real obligation (to myself) to try picking up where I left off. My experiences with both My Balls and Kurosawa are so limited it isn't even worth talking about, yet you continue to bring it up like I'm actually obligated to read them in completion.

Not true at all. And my account on GAF has nothing to do with my past love for manga.
I wouldn't be caught dead browsing 4chan.

The bigger problem, of course, is that those series weren't on 4chan years before you made that post for you to read because they had only been translated very recently unless 4chan can magically translate manga from Japanese into English.

Cwarrior

Still doesn't compare to Dragonball back in the day. Had the animators waited till Toriyama was finished we wouldn't have gotten that shit with Goku vs Freeza

That's nothing compared to Hunter x Hunter (1999) the first series, the anime team over the took the manga to the point they where adapting togashi manu script and sketches(the anime is made a few months in advance),they caught up with the manga a few times to the point they stooped airing switch to an ova every few months till togashi went on a long hiatus and they just stooped making it.

Original Hunter x hunter (1999) had a tv rating of 10.0 on regular bases just as good as One piece.

Angry Grimace

That's nothing compared to Hunter x Hunter (1999) the first series, the anime team over the took the manga to the point they was adapting togashi manu script and sketches.

They did that in FMA: Brotherhood too. It's kind of weird though. I really got the feeling that Brotherhood was very mechanical in its adaptation.

Big One

Banned
I wouldn't be caught dead browsing 4chan.

The bigger problem, of course, is that those series weren't on 4chan years before you made that post for you to read because they had only been translated very recently unless 4chan can magically translate manga from Japanese into English.
Onani Master Kurosawa was scanlated in 08/09 and My Balls has been in scanlation since 2006, so yes, they actually were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom