• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I would like to participate in this pixelated avatar thingie but alas the combination of my current avatar and my user name is just too perfect...

Zeppu

I would like to participate in this pixelated avatar thingie but alas the combination of my current avatar and my user name is just too perfect...

ABo2F.gif

Akito

I wouldn't say it was over-dramatized, but more that the chapter was pretty long and had much more drama in general, due to the rejection. It still seemed believable.

I also didn't expect the waiter to be so ... upfront and kind of asshole-ish.
That could be it. Still, all the "She doesn't want to talk to me so I'll rush to her house in the middle of the night/at impossible times" or "Fuck all the things I'm currently doing, just one more attempt" tropes are overused. Granted they didn't play out this time as they usually do.

scy

Reading the last two pages of this thread has made me want to check out Molester Man more than the regular discussion of it has. Since it's almost done though, I'll just wait.

I was going to wait but figured I'd be a part of the experience. Things are more enjoyable with people to discuss it with!

Plus, shoulders to cry on with all of these feels.

That could be it. Still, all the "She doesn't want to talk to me so I'll rush to her house in the middle of the night/at impossible times" or "Fuck all the things I'm currently doing, just one more attempt" tropes are overused. Granted they didn't play out this time as they usually do.

Yeah, it feels rather ... well, cliche. Which is an awkward thing to say about a "based on a true story" sort of thing but ... it kind of is!

...still, does a good job of making me want updates. I can only imagine what it must've been like being in the thread as opposed to just following an after-the-fact story. We need another great GAF thread so we can relive that kind of experience!

Cool Nekoma cover for V4, Never saw it before today.

Haikyuu!! 32
tumblr_mfqx3pREwl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Favorite Hinata face this chapter. Well really intense sometimes but the climax must going to be next chapter, really close match there at the end and so many great lines and Ukai's scary face as usual, lol. Kenma/Kuroo have great strategies, that fakeout.

To be fair, he shows up just to proceed to do nothing.

Seems like a person who knows all the cliches, except is shitty at executing them cause, hey, real life.

I was going to wait but figured I'd be a part of the experience. Things are more enjoyable with people to discuss it with!

Plus, shoulders to cry on with all of these feels.
Like I said, I couldn't imagine a better time to rejoin ManGAF. It's so much better than the usual discussions about the big three.

I can only imagine what it must've been like being in the thread as opposed to just following an after-the-fact story. We need another great GAF thread so we can relive that kind of experience!
Has there ever been such a thing? A great Girl-Age thread, I mean. It's like someone here said, if there was a manga based on a Girl-Age thread, it would be over in 6 chapters.

scy

Like I said, I couldn't imagine a better time to rejoin ManGAF. It's so much better than the usual discussions about the big three.

Makes me miss the days when like half the thread was reading Aunt Tits. The closest we have to unity these days is when a monthly release happens and everyone descends upon it.

Has there ever been such a thing? A great Girl-Age thread, I mean. It's like someone here said, if there was a manga based on a Girl-Age thread, it would be over in 6 chapters.

Most the great GAF threads have been due to the comments inside it rather than anything about the story arc presented :( I don't think we've had a memorable Girl-Age thread.

Yeah, ManGAF hasn't been this united since... Masturbation Master Kurosawa.

Makes me miss the days when like half the thread was reading Aunt Tits. The closest we have to unity these days is when a monthly release happens and everyone descends upon it.

I think I just imagined a ManGAF anime intro. It would be a bit adventurous, like the OP intro, but based on all the posters of this thread instead, discussing manga. My favorite part was when DTL, the guy that looked like he came straight out of a yaoi, started talking about Naruto or Bleach and everyone sent him flying.

Yeah.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Hahaha thanks, but I think I'll stick with my current avatar. It's just too suitable for me to change it to something else.

7 SEEDS

I have read 2 volumes and now in the middle of reading Volume 3. I am not really feeling it yet but it's certainly..... Different, I have to say. Not a bad read by all means, but it hasn't engaged me deeply yet.

Anyways, I was kind of surprised when the manga told me that Botan is a woman.... Guess I really am out of the loop with Shoujo's way of drawing.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2, Volume 1

It's crazy how strong Joseph is, even without proper training, with just natural talent and the knowledge of the ripple. Still, it's funny to see his actions, when talent isn't enough. Pulling out that Thompson machine gun surely put a weird look on my face and using grenades to blow up a vampire? Sure, why not!

When the time period for part two was revealed, I didn't even think about Nazis, so their involvement came a bit as a surprise, but it makes sense, I guess.

Sometimes I still can't get over the detailed art and how ridiculous it makes your standard shonen battle look like. Even so, that sometimes I have a hard time figuring out the exact anatomy of a stand in some panels.

And while I'm used to graphic violence in this series, thing like this could be straight out of a horror manga.

qrLu6.jpg

Kusagari

This thread is going to be nothing but avatars you've made soon enough, Neoriceisgood.

Can you do one of Ajimu Najimi, preferably with brown hair, from Medaka Box for me when you feel like it?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is Riven animu enough to not count as Vidya games.

Bossun

What's funny is how Onepunch Man and Molester Man united the thread.

I guess it show that there's a market for original manga outside of the typical shonen stuff which we have to admit is redundant.

Lain

2) Also wondering what Mitsuru Adachi is up too these days. Anything worth reading? I am a big fan of his, and I loved Katsu, but not a big fan of Cross Game, which is one of his weaker mangas imo.

Well now I hate you, so I suggest you go ahead and read Q&A.

What's funny is how Onepunch Man and Molester Man united the thread.

I guess it show that there's a market for original manga outside of the typical shonen stuff which we have to admit is redundant.

I could see Onepunch Man getting boring very quickly, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom