• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's very easy to overlook the fact that superheroes are people too, and engage in mundane activities like shopping for groceries, paying the bills and, yes, scrubbing the toilet.

Puchitto Hajiketa 1
tumblr_mfyip9Laod1s00diro1_500.jpg

The art is really good especially for the main cover pages and even some scenes, Noshiro looks amazing. Anyway good chapter at least for some background and exploring how familiar and friendly they are too each other. Though wonder why Noshiro wouldn't give him his email address if he is doing all this, taking care of him while he is sick as well as even kissing....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puchitto Hajiketa 1
tumblr_mfyip9Laod1s00diro1_500.jpg

The art is really good especially for the main cover pages and even some scenes, Noshiro looks amazing. Anyway good chapter at least for some background and exploring how familiar and friendly they are too each other. Though wonder why Noshiro wouldn't give him his email address if he is doing all this, taking care of him while he is sick as well as even kissing....

That dialogue is fucking gross.

survivor

Banned
Are the characters in Skip Beat ugly on purpose or does the author just suck at drawing? How am I supposed to read this if not a single character appears to be waifu/husbando material?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are the characters in Skip Beat ugly on purpose or does the author just suck at drawing? How am I supposed to read this if not a single character appears to be waifu/husbando material?
Shonen = moe moe
Shojo = noodle people

Akito

Watch the anime, it's has a much more tolerable design.

Kurita

Are there any good mangas about homosexual relationships?
I'm not talking about BL's with pretty boys and all that stuff...

I think it has been a okay year for OP Punk Hazard is has been fun and it set up a fair amount of stuff . ( it's 40 chapters already )
It has few pacing problems but they not going to be as bad in Vol format .

Naruto was okay at the start of the year but it got worst , so all i waiting for is this arc to done .

Bleach was not that great and the start of the year but has gotten good so i looking forward to see how thing go from here .

The anime art is better but if you want to know what happens after it you got stick it out with the manga art which not that great .

scy

I wish someone would translate Baby Steps faster. This shit is fucking glacial.

Don't exaggerate.

It's not that fast :(

My heart is so warm right now. If warm had a definition in degrees it would be straight up it, to .xxx precision, it's that warm

If I had marathoned MM I bet I would have a severe case of the "post-marathon feels" right now. Last time I had it in a bad case was either Toradora or Madoka, I think

Confession time: I've never watched Madoka. I should get on that.

I should get on a lot of things, now that I think about it.

I've only casually read Naruto and Bleach during the entire year and only started reading other manga in the last two weeks, so I can't really make a MOTY list or anything like that. However, In that short time I've read several manga or caught up to some still running manga. This is basically the list with some comments, in the order from best to worst:

Green Blood really grabbed me and combined with that fantastic art, it's definitely my personal manga of the year(/last two weeks).

2yskf.jpg

Onepunch Man got way too many laughs out of me and I see it as the shonen that shits on other typical shonen in some regards. No drawn out fights, no drama, no boring background story, just not that serious at all. It's nice and refreshing.

This is me during every One Piece flashback:
IQdPQ.jpg

Molester Man, oh Molester Man. What a ride that was. Reading this with you guys, sharing the laughs, the tears, hoping for the best or worst and enjoying the ending all together. And this is why the manga is only third on this list. Looking back, the manga is pretty much just a cute romance story and reading all chapter in one sitting just wouldn't have that impact.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 & Volume 1 of Part 2 has its moments and I like the combination of the ridiculous moments and the art, but so far I wouldn't even say it's a must read for me. I'll try to read the rest as well (will definitely finish part 2), but it's not unlikely that I'll drop it around part 3, if the suggested drop in quality is true.

1LG8E.jpg

I can't say much about Onani Master Kurosawa yet, since I've only read 9 chapters so far. I kinda like it, but I don't get the hype yet, which is not surprising, because I'm not even halfway through it. In a way it seems like a Death Note parody, which would make this really hilarious. Will definitely finish it.

TWGOK hasn't amazed me either and I just read it to catch up with it (chapter 192-213). I really don't like the current arc and I hope it finishes soon. But maybe it has worn out its welcome and it just starts to bore me. Keima's shtick (omg need to play vidja games and I love 2d girls!) has become old and the story around hell, the (boring) goddesses and vintage is just not that interesting anymore.

I'm trying to catch up with One Piece right now (chapter 645-671), but I just can't read more than 5 chapters in a row. It's just too much of a drag, really boring and I wish they'd just move on (and leave Franky and Chopper behind, if possible). Punk Hazard is simply boring.

Blue Heaven was on my old reading list. I think someone suggested it last year, when I asked for some horror. And while it's not long, I can't recommend it at all. It starts out good and then falls off a cliff pretty quickly.

I still don't know why I read all 117 chapters of Wolf Guy guy in one sitting. I just hope it didn't leave some permanent damage. It's a shame that the artist wastes his time with trash like that. He should find a competent writer.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Best Manga: Everything I've read this year has been underwhelming or disappointing in some way.

Worst Manga: One Piece

Best Character Haqua

Worst Character Kumagawa

Stulaw

My Top 20 of Last year
1. Molester Man
2. One-Punch Man
3. Ratman
4. Bakuman
5. TWOGK
6. Beelzebub
7. Binbougami Ga!
8. AKB49
9. Sora No Otoshimono
10. Naruto
11. Bleach
12. Hajime no Ippo
13. Yotsuba&!
14. Medaka Box
15. Nisekoi
16. K-ON! (it's good even without the music)
17. Akame Ga Kill
18. Yamada & the 7 witches
19. Witchcraft Works
20. One Piece

Manga that just went down hill
KNIM (started off ok, but I finally managed to drop it)
GE: Good Ending, it must be a thing with Harem Manga with a "serious" plot and stupid protagonists.

Manwha I'd recommend
Girls of the Wilds
Can't See, Can't Hear, but Love

Best endings to a manga
1.Molester Man
= Bakuman

Worst ending(out of the ones I read)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Waifu of the year
Sachiko (Molester Man)

Clutterfest of the year
One Piece (seriously, there's too much on almost every page since the time skip)

Best Character
Saitama

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I don't think anyone could be more wrong even if they try.

I've yet to see a reason to consider Kumagawa a good character, and no, stupid Nisio Isin writing doesn't count. "Bu bu but this character has a quadrillion powers/can do whatever they want/etc, that means it's awesome right?" No it just means you're still stuck in the sandbox with the 5 year olds and still think that actually means something.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I've yet to see a reason to consider Kumagawa a good character, and no, stupid Nisio Isin writing doesn't count. "Bu bu but this character has a quadrillion powers/can do whatever they want/etc, that means it's awesome right?" No it just means you're still stuck in the sandbox with the 5 year olds and still think that actually means something.

And yes, I know that's the whole deal about Medaka Box, Nisio pulling random stuff out of his ass, but that doesn't mean it's particularly well executed in many cases, Kumagawa being the prime example.

Akito

He's batshit insane and likes to troll the shit out of everyone because he's a born loser. And he has an unrivalled taste for female clothing.

Well damn, somebody's insecure.

KHR, had an amazing final arc at start, but the end, oh man, the reveal sucked so much, and the end was a fluff piece about Tsuna being the same person as in chapter one. At least i´m glad that he did not chose Kuyoko.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So your just taking a cheap shot like usual .

It's really a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, since if I constantly read One Piece it's just an unpleasant experience, and if I say One Piece is bad without reading it the inevitable complaints arise.

scy

Er, wait.

Huh?

That's also not why anyone likes Kumagawa (or, rather, Ajimu/Anshin'in).

Griffith

Banned
Best 15 manga I picked up in 2012
(In no particular order)

Lone Wolf and Cub
Eden: It's an Endless World!
Ultra Heaven
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
RRR
Hideout
Teppu
Parasyte
Me and the Devil Blues
Green Blood
Battle Angel Alita
One-punch Man
Hanaotoko
Rookies
Eyeshield 21

Cage of Eden 182

Oh hey, that thing everyone predicted a long-ass time ago finally got confirmed.

Only 3 chapters to go. This is going to have such a bad ending :(

Fortunately the anime thread generally has less OP discussion

it usually have less discussion about stuff like that anyway (Shonen is a nono unless your are cosmicblizzard LOL).

I haven't watched any anime for a long while so i've not being in that thread like before. Maybe one day when i get enough free time to knock out some eps

And then of course there's always this flawed complaint.

It's not really flawed Angry Grimace does it .
The only time he talks OP is when we talking about manga as a whole .
Most people don't comment on stuff they don't read or like .

Fortunately the anime thread generally has less OP discussion

OP has it's own anime thread so that should not be surprising.

Also edit was mistake want to add part about Angry Grimace .
To many pages open .

Kusagari

I don't have a problem with you not liking Kumagawa and Ajimu, but I don't know why you always act like people like them because they're broken and all powerful.

We like them because we find them entertaining. They entertain me more than any other character in Medaka Box and most of the time them being entertaining has nothing to do with what you bring up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom