• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

TWGOK (i'm good now)

I love bad ends that show bizarre things out of the context and explanations in the good ends. It's so weird and crazy and serves as some kind of optional, not-really foreshadowing. Unless Ignis starts posting then it's still weird and crazy because I won't be reading his posts. Haha! (sometimes he goes full grandjedi on us i swear)

It's also understandable that Keima's getting bad ends all over the place because he's basically playing a Typemoon VN or something rather than a dating sim. That said, I wonder where's the checkpoint because the last orb change was rather far back.

Defuser

TWGOK (i'm good now)

I love bad ends that show bizarre things out of the context and explanations in the good ends. It's so weird and crazy and serves as some kind of optional, not-really foreshadowing. Unless Ignis starts posting then it's still weird and crazy because I won't be reading his posts. Haha! (sometimes he goes full grandjedi on us i swear)

It's also understandable that Keima's getting bad ends all over the place because he's basically playing a Typemoon VN or something rather than a dating sim. That said, I wonder where's the checkpoint because the last orb change was rather far back.

Guy is seducing girls.
Girls go on murderous rampages.
Boats being reference numerous times.

Keima's been playing School days.

El Sloth

Banned
TWGOK

I was waiting for Dokurou to start drinking the blood from the severed head.

I wonder what the anime will do if it manages to get this far.

scy

Half & Half 2-3 - Forgot about this. Only five days left to go!

Honestly, absolutely no surprise at how the girlfriend route ended up. Gotta make room for the main pair to fall in love!
And then one of them tragically dies, I remember the one-shot!

Haven't read it in a long while, but wasn't everyone thinking the same thing around the Goddess arc? I thought I remembered people thinking it was setting up to switch to some form of battle shounen.

Yes, and TWGOK 214 added some gore, but after reading this chapter, I don't think it was that bad or shocking. Certainly wouldn't it have minded if it went a bit longer like that. Let Dokuro go all Eva on the Vintage guys, show them who's the boss. It's almost a shame that she's sending Keima back. I would've at least wanted to see a familiar face behind the Vintage masks.

Stulaw

TWGOK
I wonder how much if the future (if anything) will change? And I wonder if we'll see Urara again?

Smutterfly effect 7

Erm, this is going nowhere, the only thing the MC really needs to do is kick the other guy in the balls and fight back himself. Now it looks like glasses girl is going to become his "first".

Ach, would you mind doing one for me in that case?

Red Kanti from FLCL, in whatever pose you want to do it in?

I'd appreciate it :D

red_kanti_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5qekqo.png

Kay.

survivor

Banned
Basara vol 10-11
w1ag5.jpg
Plipx.jpg

Really cool couple of volumes. Assassinations, betrayals, naval battles, politics, and new adventures. They really hyped up the North to be very terrifying and horrible, and I'm glad that it met the hype. Theses are some great warriors designs. Can't wait to see them go to war.

I'm really bad at predicting endings, but I'm hoping the manga isn't going for a Mistborn type of ending especially in regards to Sarasa and Shuri and how I'm getting similar vibes to Vin and Elend. I want a more tragic ending, especially for Shuri.

One thing that confused is how the fuck is
Zaki still
alive? The guy gave a farewell speech, had his little flashback before death, and did all the usual sad things, and yet he still ended up alive? I feel like I missed some pages where they explained how he survived. It also goes against the prophecy, but I guess since that one wasn't made by Nagi it didn't have to come true.

ElFly

Basara vol 10-11
[im
g]http://i.imgur.com/w1ag5.jpg[/img][i
mg]http://i.imgur.com/Plipx.jpg[/img]

Really cool couple of volumes. Assassinations, betrayals, naval battles, politics, and new adventures. They really hyped up the North to be very terrifying and horrible, and I'm glad that it met the hype. Theses are some great warriors designs. Can't wait to see them go to war.

I'm really bad at predicting endings, but I'm hoping the manga isn't going for a Mistborn type of ending especially in regards to Sarasa and Shuri and how I'm getting similar vibes to Vin and Elend. I want a more tragic ending, especially for Shuri.

One thing that confused is how the fuck is
Zaki still
alive? The guy gave a farewell speech, had his little flashback before death, and did all the usual sad things, and yet he still ended up alive? I feel like I missed some pages where they explained how he survived. It also goes against the prophecy, but I guess since that one wasn't made by Nagi it didn't have to come true.

This manga is oh so awesome.

My guess is that the author couldn't bring himself to kill Zaki.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK
I wonder how much if the future (if anything) will change? And I wonder if we'll see Urara again?
I would say there's a 99.99999% chance you will see Urara again. I'm still not clear on what's going on in this arc. I'm assuming there's Hell time travel hijinks?

I would say there's a 99.99999% chance you will see Urara again. I'm still not clear on what's going on in this arc. I'm assuming there's Hell time travel hijinks?
I don't think we're supposed to know yet. There are the obvious possibilities but it's hard to say what the deal is. Either someone has already altered the past, this is just a series of alternate timelines that Keima is visiting, or Keima's original memories of these events were altered later and this was the true sequence of events all along.

Pimpwerx

How does Neorice not have a tag yet? Clearly, not enough mods read this thread. Probably because we're a pretty civil bunch. PEACE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How does Neorice not have a tag yet? Clearly, not enough mods read this thread. Probably because we're a pretty civil bunch. PEACE.

Shouta has a neorice avatar. Nobody ever gets tagged in mangaGAF, only in anime gaf.

I don't think we're supposed to know yet. There are the obvious possibilities but it's hard to say what the deal is. Either someone has already altered the past, this is just a series of alternate timelines that Keima is visiting, or Keima's original memories of these events were altered later and this was the true sequence of events all along.

Maybe when he gets back to the present Urara will want to finish that game of Doctor

scy

Smutterfly effect 7

Erm, this is going nowhere, the only thing the MC really needs to do is kick the other guy in the balls and fight back himself. Now it looks like glasses girl is going to become his "first".

She's best girl anyway.

...wait, no, Reiko was a pretty good option too, minus the whole cheating angle that would have been involved. She's better this way too.

We have a few mods in here occasionally (Shouta, Kagari, duckroll, though I haven't seen the latter two here in awhile). As otherwise mentioned, we don't have many ManGAF related tags.

We need to elect a Smutlord and get that ball rolling for that as a tag or maybe just start a war in here and see what happens. Nothing really happens in this thread besides the occasional "my taste is better than your taste" arguments!

Ezalc

We need to elect a Smutlord and get that ball rolling for that as a tag or maybe just start a war in here and see what happens. Nothing really happens in this thread besides the occasional "my taste is better than your taste" arguments!

I wish my tag was: Through the enlightenment of Smutvana.

scy

That reminds me, I'm surprised there wasn't a Haqua yet.

Pajama na Kanojo 25 - I forgot that this kept going after what should have been the ending a few chapters back. Poor best girl getting turned down. Kind of a downer chapter all-in-all. Then again, it's the second-to-last chapter and all so eh.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Do Kojiro, so Musashi can have a friend.
Only a cool user is allow to use him though.

That reminds me, I'm surprised there wasn't a Haqua yet.

Pajama na Kanojo 25 - I forgot that this kept going after what should have been the ending a few chapters back. Poor best girl getting turned down. Kind of a downer chapter all-in-all. Then again, it's the second-to-last chapter and all so eh.

Interested in Haqua? ;)

scy

I wish my tag was: Through the enlightenment of Smutvana.

It makes me happy to see smutGAF more than the like ... three or so people it was at first. Through smut we bond.

In a totally-not-creepy-way-honest.

Interested in Haqua? ;)

You won't tempt me!

Ew, why would anyone be interested in her? Even as an avatar, she'd be useless. At least Elsie would provide some cute stupid puppy factor.

Whoa now. Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Why resist?

I love the work you're doing and I think that you should be compensated for it, in one way or another, I honestly do.

I obviously can't speak for scy, but my avatar is part of my account. I've been on GAF for a while now and this is my second avatar, which I got after some funny moment back then. I've thought about changing it, same with my username (which will happen sooner or later), but ... I don't know. Not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom