• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryke

If I don't like naruto would I like Bleach?

I keep thinking that I should get into the big 3 but then I keep hearing massive amounts of bitching about them every week. :p

The action in Bleach is better, but I like the story of Naruto more.

Can't comment on One Piece as a few random eps of the anime that aired on tv many years ago did little to impress me.

El Sloth

Banned
While Molester Man was all the rage here, I decided to hold out so I can read it in one sitting.

ManGaf, you have not disappointed me.
Worthless since you didn't post here as you read it. |:<

It was great watching people read through it.

Incidentally, I still haven't read the last two chapters.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Honestly though I might check out bleach sometime in the near future. Hearing that it might end soon has kinda piqued my interest. (or is that naruto?)

Plus I always thought that its volume covers were pretty slick.

Meanwhile one piece is way too damn long for me.
Bleach is in its last arc. But I don't think that means it'll be ending soon. I would estimate this arc will probably go on for 3-5 more years.

The art in Bleach is sick; very artbook like more than manga like. If you like what you see from the volume covers, expect more of that in the actual manga.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh alright, I might still give a few chapters a try first.

I've been trying to sign up to mangaupdates, but I haven't receive a verification email yet. Does anyone use the site and does it usually take so long to send out the verification email?

Kreed

Until Death Do Us Part 143:

Well, Zelm was a complete disappointment. I was at least expecting him to give Mamoru a challenge for two or three chapters but he got sliced up even more quickly than his underlings. What's worse is that Mamoru pretty much owned all of the Black Unit by himself except for maybe two members. I know the invisible man and the boss are still around but who cares, they'll probably be defeated next chapter. Of course the fact that just a few chapters ago Mamoru was completely defeated only to be allowed to play a "game" for his life makes the whole thing even worse.

stryke

Worthless since you didn't post here as you read it. |:<

Lol, was too busy going on holidays and didn't want to be stuck wanting the next chapter :D

While it may be a true story or not on 2ch, it was very refreshing to read a romantic manga with a protagonist that was somewhat more realistically grounded compared to your stereotypical clueless, indecisive wimp.

I think this is it for those "2ch romances" though, another manga arising using the gimmick would just make it look overused.

upandaway

I don't believe in a thing called "too many" orgasms.
Have you read Monhan no Erohon?
I guess mangaka found out that orgasms don't count as NSFW, now pending Yabuki's involvement
difficult not to considering how famous it is, it's very precisely silly

upandaway has the best reactions to manga chapters in this thread. no contest.
aw man! I like you too!

i0xliHWDilNpj.gif
Y'know I still haven't budget from my stance of you choosing a daily instead of me, don't expect me to say anything about that

Wiseblade

Y'know I still haven't budget from my stance of you choosing a daily instead of me, don't expect me to say anything about that

¬.¬

I dunno, there's just nothing of a decent length that's appealed to me recently. And I also rather have something episodic, because reading something long a drawn out in little pieces would just be an exercise in frustration for me. And Not too smutty, since we already did that. And then there's the fact that you've read way more stuff than me...

upandaway

¬.¬

I dunno, there's just nothing of a decent length that's appealed to me recently. And I also rather have something episodic, because reading something long a drawn out in little pieces would just be an exercise in frustration for me. And Not too smutty, since we already did that. And then there's the fact that you've read way more stuff than me...
Sure I love SoL, Minami-ke was amazing and amazing.
By the way if I'm allowed a different suggestion, you and Banana should totally team up and do Kyou Kara Ore Wa

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm going to second kyou kara ore wa.

It's pretty much a gag manga early on so it's a pretty breezy read, but then it gets into some pretty epic arcs later on.

Also mitsuhashi is still the best delinquent main character.

scy

Spamming gifs of some lame Amerime series doesn't count, wiseblade!

Every time I see them, I'm reminded that I never watched Avatar and I should feel bad for it.

Ha, I KNEW you'd come over.

About Smutterfly Effect? Or the avatar? :x

Manga adaptations let me get a game character! LOOPHOLES!

Empoleon was the worst gen IV starter.

Statistically speaking, Empoleon was an amazing tank-y Pokemon.

Stulaw

Hey Neoriceisgood, can you do an Eternal Sailor Moon Avatar for me? Those Avatars look great and I feel odd not having one.

Here's a picture.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi 504

Well, looks like we won't have a death at all.

upandaway

I love Empoleon, did two playthroughs with him (that guy could tear a tuna it was religiously imposing), but every time I look at him I get a small tinge because I remember how Blastoise got cheated out of Water/Steel :( poor guy.

Anyway guys, someone help me out please. What's the consensus on the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha anime? Is it safe slash decent or is the manga still more... positively exposed?

Wiseblade

I love Empoleon, did two playthroughs with him (that guy could tear a tuna it was religiously imposing), but every time I look at him I get a small tinge because I remember how Blastoise got cheated out of Water/Steel :( poor guy.

Anyway guys, someone help me out please. What's the consensus on the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha anime? Is it safe slash decent or is the manga still more... positively exposed?

Just watched the first episode a few minutes ago. The demon queen got moeblob-ified to the point where she looks totally incompetent. I don't remember reading a scene where the Demon Queen practices kissing on a sandbag with the Hero painted on.

But there are like 12 different adaptations of that property already, so whatever.

scy

Just watched the first episode a few minutes ago. The demon queen got moeblob-ified to the point where she looks totally incompetent. I don't remember reading a scene where the Demon Queen practices kissing on a sandbag with the Hero painted on.

T.T

But there are like 12 different adaptations of that property already, so whatever.

Yeah there a lot of different version of it .
Seem the author redo and add fair amount stuff to it after it got popular and it became a light novel .
Since it stared out in Play (theatre) format on a 2ch board and it end up having holes in story etc etc which is what i think he fix in the light novels .
Still i say it to early to call but i figure anime going to follow the light novel but maybe they will add things from the different versions .

survivor

Banned
Since we are talking about 4th gen starters, Infernape was much more fun Pokemon to use for competitive battling. He had so many different and cool offensive sets. Empoleon was pretty good for single player and I used him the first time, but for competitive battling I never liked him that much. Swampert was my go to Water walling Pokemon.

Every time I see them, I'm reminded that I never watched Avatar and I should feel bad for it.
Watch the first series, but don't waste your time with Korra, it was bad.

The first episode was alright and I would watch it just for the voice acting alone. They moefied the Demon Queen a lot so that can be either good or bad depending on your view. Also there were some interesting backgrounds style and some hilariously bad CG usage.

Stulaw

Eiken 117 (AKA Ridiculously Humongous Tits)

So Densuke finally meets Chiharu's mother who turned out to be an idol before they were born. Why do I continue to wait for these releases?

Apath

Well, Bleach is a lot better than Naruto but there's a good chance you still won't like it. Shit pacing, predictable battles, retcons ahoy, morequestionsnoanswers, empty panels, etc.

But if you can get over the cons, you'll really like Bleach. If you balance the pros and cons, you probably won't like it.
lol.

Stulaw

If I don't like naruto would I like Bleach?

I keep thinking that I should get into the big 3 but then I keep hearing massive amounts of bitching about them every week. :p

Read One Piece, up until the most recent arcs, it was better than both Naruto and Bleach, and now it's looking like it'll get good again.

Ruroni Kenshin 30-70

I'm glad we've enter major plot territory, though Shishio seems like a whatever villain. It seems the more interesting characters like Saito and Aoshi are being turned into protagonist or anti-heroes. Heck Shishio's right hand man who lost all his emotions seems more interesting of a character.

Series really is spectacular though, it's making other manga I've read look worse in comparison the farther I get in.

Bossun

Nanatsu no taizai 9

This is getting more and more interesting. I dig all of the sins for now. They all seems so strong..

And speaking of Kenshin. Did any how you read the new version? I think I try but couldn't even finish the first chapter...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
She is Zenkichi's mother. That's the guy breathing out his soul in the lower panel.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ruroni Kenshin 30-70

I'm glad we've enter major plot territory, though Shishio seems like a whatever villain. It seems the more interesting characters like Saito and Aoshi are being turned into protagonist or anti-heroes. Heck Shishio's right hand man who lost all his emotions seems more interesting of a character.

Series really is spectacular though, it's making other manga I've read look worse in comparison the farther I get in.

Oh and it keeps getting better. Sadly the mangaka hasn't done anything of note since, it sort of feels like he used up all his talent on this. That said if you are going to have a single hit you couldn't ask for a better one.

Bros who read Medaka Box, explain this shit to me:

please

It's Medaka Box, don't question it. Just understand that it gets more and more insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom