• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
GE - Good Ending 156 (end)
It turns out the problems were solved within the last chapter already, this is an epilogue with everyone being so goddamn happy it's disgusting. Now if only KNIM would come to an end already.
This description is fucking perfect. Its like, even happier than the ending of Molester Man except the journey kind of sucked. I mean, everyone got married and had kids with their high school sweethearts? Gimme a fucking break; even Sextape got a happy ending.

Liar Game 166

So after so much time, Nao honesty paid off.

Until Death Do Us Part 142-145

Mamoru pulling the "I wasnt serious" card was underwhelming.

maka_soul_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5qjz8r.png

Fixed Maka.

Shouta

This description is fucking perfect. Its like, even happier than the ending of Molester Man except the journey kind of sucked. I mean, everyone got married and had kids with their high school sweethearts? Gimme a fucking break; even Sextape got a happy ending.

That's why posts should refer to it as

GE - Good. Ending!

Because that's the only way to describe it.

Black Marriage 1-4 (END)

Yuri with rival yakuza factions or something. Only redeeming feature was some of the character designs, otherwise meh.

Doujin Work 1

4koma series about doujin artists. Got through one chapter before realising this has an anime, so leaving it until I've watched that.

Also these came in the post today. My 2013 resolution is to do more random Amazon searches for manga I like, since I never realise half this stuff is available otherwise.

Oh and I also played first and second part of the doujin game "Monster Girl" ahem
I hope you got the good ending at the end of Part 2.
The one where you kill Alice and spend an eternity in heaven with superior goddess.

Keep walking around naked. Your neighbours are into it.

WhiteBeard was the strongest man in the world and not just an emperor. He demolished Akainu, BlackBeard and the whole damn island.

As have proven the marines have enough power to take each and every individual emperor out. The don´t do that because that would screw up the balance. Besides it´s better having 4 people responsilbe for massive lands than many people who fight and war against each other to grab land or money or slave etc.... The yonkou are a force of stability and that´s why the WG did not do anything about them.

Deflamingo is more important because he already played part of it. He has under world connections, developing artificial DF, and having a high ranking marines as an ally, responsible for the slave trade. Big Mom has not done anything at all except wanting candy from various islands. So you tell me how Big Mom can compare to Deflamingo as an important part of the story.

Then shanks came and made Akainu stop when no one else could .
Also it has not been proven that the marines can take out the emperors one by one hell they need the Warlords , huge amount of marines , a hostage and certain battlefield just to beat one .
And he was sick along with all of that .
They don't do anything to the Emperors because they can't you can only have a balance if the forces are about the same in power .

Big Mom just being a Emperor means she is important to story what happens to them influence the OP world .
If Doflamingo loses CC he won't even be able to make artificial DF any more which is the main reason why he so important right now.
Half the stuff you mention Emperors don't have to care about but just to give you a eg if Big Mom get beats Luffy is going to have to put a FI under his protection .

wonzo

Banned
Yes, but they could at least keep it to their wednesdays and let the grown ups talk the rest of the week.

yo Kurita, why haven't you told me about the French Punpun trailer? It's so cheesy and full of angst, its amazing
Haha, this is corny as hell.

Also these came in the post today. My 2013 resolution is to do more random Amazon searches for manga I like, since I never realise half this stuff is available otherwise.

ArKs9.jpg
mah bro *fistbumps*

Anteater

i just read the sbs in one piece 68, i guess sabo is kind of confirmed alive? someone asked if the 3 cups and a bottle were from a certain "someone" infront of whitebeard and ace's memorial and oda said it's up to the readers to interpret however they want.

I'm late but I don't usually read the columns, lol.

dumbyugi

Doujin Work 1

4koma series about doujin artists. Got through one chapter before realising this has an anime, so leaving it until I've watched that.

I hope you got the good ending at the end of Part 2.
The one where you kill Alice and spend an eternity in heaven with superior goddess.

The Doujin Work anime isn't very good, the manga is much better.

Also Part 2
Goddess end is bad end. Alice is clearly superior.

Shouldn't the "Boot up" be mirrored, so the silly man in red can read it? Or is that supposed to be a warning for the enemy, so he can surrender between the moment it shows and the moment he dies, which is probably like less than a second? So he can't even surrender? Isn't that against human rights? Are you saying you're against human rights?

And what is it with the explosions? Are they made of petrol? Do the enemies in Avatar and Korra explode as well?

Why are you always watching the bad stuff, man? I just want the best for you. We all do.

Kreed

Liar Game 166:

I wasn't expecting that type of speech until the end of the series/near the end of the series. Now that they've pulled this, I won't be surprised when we see Nao betray someone (even accidentally, probably from Yokoya's actions somehow when he comes back into the series).

Desmond

Just caught up with Assassination Classroom. Really good stuff. I wonder how long it'll last. It'd be hard to stretch it out.
I'm tempted to catch up with Gantz :/

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Ain't nothing funny breh.

Naruto is OBJECTIVELY bad. Part 2, that is. Part 2 of Naruto is absolute garbage. There were a couple of good moments; that's all. Compared to part 1?

If we were speaking strictly part 1, then maybe you'd have a point, but no, Naruto isn't even close to Bleach right now.

If someone were to say that they liked One Piece more than Bleach, I'd accept that. Whatever. If they thought it was just better, cool shit breh. I think it's boring as fuck, but I can see the reason some people like it. Naruto, ever since Part 2 happened, has been consistent trash. With inconsistent moments of non-trash made up of three total parts: Shikamaru Arc - Jiraiya Arc - 1st half of Pain arc. Everything else was just "Wtf?" garbage.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love how all these monsters in the gifs have bombs inside their bodies set to explode when they're defeated.

Reading manga on the kindle hd fire 8.9 is nice, thank goodness viz provides as pdfs, may buy more manga digital.

---
Hinatama 4
tumblr_mg6j0xkv6d1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fav cover page. So many good moments for this chapter or ones I could relate too, like watching an anime and then trying to talk to people irl about it and they have no clue cause it hasnt aired, or talking about a game that is about to come out irl and people have no clue what your talking about. Hayato needs friends with similar interests in his school, thank goodness for Amano. Great.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Good god, Bleach needs to do something abominably shitty to counter these Bleach fans getting cocky.
Take your pick:

Kenpachi getting jobbed by a clone
Yama getting tricked (consistent, though)
Byakuya getting wasted panel time because he lives
Entire wasted chapter on Ichigo's shitty arrival (with good art, though)
0 Quincy backstory so far

Ain't no cockiness. That's truth.

Naruto is OBJECTIVELY bad. Part 2, that is. Part 2 of Naruto is absolute garbage. There were a couple of good moments; that's all. Compared to part 1?

If we were speaking strictly part 1, then maybe you'd have a point, but no, Naruto isn't even close to Bleach right now.

If someone were to say that they liked One Piece more than Bleach, I'd accept that. Whatever. If they thought it was just better, cool shit breh. I think it's boring as fuck, but I can see the reason some people like it. Naruto, ever since Part 2 happened, has been consistent trash. With inconsistent moments of non-trash made up of three total parts: Shikamaru Arc - Jiraiya Arc - 1st half of Pain arc. Everything else was just "Wtf?" garbage.

It would be nice if the fights in Naruto wouldn't always end with

4mATc.jpg

Good god, Bleach needs to do something abominably shitty to counter these Bleach fans getting cocky.

Bleach is better than Naruto, though.

Kusagari

Take your pick:

Don't forget all the shitty humor in the last couple chapters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's why posts should refer to it as

GE - Good. Ending!

Because that's the only way to describe it.
Luckily we can file this away with other terrible culture poison shonenromance crap like I''s and Ichigo 100 and never speak of it again.

It's almost funny how much the author shit on Oonuma too by making her the only unhappy person in the end which was even more ridiculous given she was shit on pretty much the entire series (e.g. getting rejected by main guy and then going all despair mode but never getting any kind of resolution to any of her problems).

/statflow

Take your pick:

Ain't no cockiness. That's truth.

I don't really care about their backstory, but it would be nice to get some background on Isshin and Ryuken.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Don't forget all the shitty humor in the last couple chapters.
I tend not to include humor as a pro or con because that's one of the most subjective things. I hardly find anything funny in OP when everyone else is like "that was absolutely hilarious omg" (not exaggeration) at the same time. Some of the humor in these latest Bleach chapters has been hit or miss, but I did find myself chuckling at some of the stuff. I don't know if that's cause of the translations, though. That part when Ichigo, Renji, and Kon spit their shit out after Hikifune became a dime was goddamn funny to me, though.
I don't really care about their backstory, but it would be nice to get some background on Isshin and Ryuken.
I have 0 doubt Kubo is gonna go in on that. I'm kind of worried about whether or not he's gonna flesh out any of the Quincy enemies not named Bach. Not because I care about Quincy, but because it would just help the war have some meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom