• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Vqnxe1K.png

April Fools' has gone too far.

My Best Class Reunion Gho-st-alker (NSFW doujin)
THEN WHO WAS BONE? As is usual for NSFW works, I've been thinking deeply about that ending for the past 10 minutes. The room infiltrations and final panel suggest a lewd ghost, but the fact that she can be seen by + physically interact with everything suggest a lewd identity thief (and potential killer depending on how you interpret 'freak accident'). I consider both possibilities to be good endings.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So these are old panels with redrawing? Or a recontextualized new chapter with redrawings?

I got the first volume recently. Slow start but a lot of potential.

As for Ito, I didn't like Gyo that much, but Tomie is pretty great so far

Drifting Classroom is one of those sense of dread mangas where it builds and builds and builds over the course of the volumes as shit gets more and more fucked. It has like a palpable sense of "oh god"

That and dude sure doesn't shy away from children dying in really awful ways.

Pop Team Epic 29

Never before has a manga really really understood me on such an incredibly deep and emotional level. I feel like this manga was written for me.

wamberz1

Kaguya 59

Haha oh man what an april fools joke right guys haha allright you can confirm its coming back now oh jee wiz you said it was ending at the end and everything man they really went far with this haha *EXTREMELY NERVOUS SWEATING*

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
April Fools' has gone too far.

My Best Class Reunion Gho-st-alker (NSFW doujin)

THEN WHO WAS BONE? As is usual for NSFW works, I've been thinking deeply about that ending for the past 10 minutes. The room infiltrations and final panel suggest a lewd ghost, but the fact that she can be seen by + physically interact with everything suggest a lewd identity thief (and potential killer depending on how you interpret 'freak accident'). I consider both possibilities to be good endings.
Wait, hitomi anime adaptation is fake?

DAMN YOU APRIL FOOL

Mediking

There was a time where I read manga time... now I've slowed down dramatically. I gotta get back into it. Gonna get back into Prison School and find a cool battle manga.

Any suggestions of a cool battle manga? Something like Bleach or Sun-ken Rock?

And what about funny manga suggestions like Gintama?

If you like Gintama, read Sket Dance. Incredibly similar style of humor but still able to be serious. Borrows a lot from Gintama because the guy was his assistant for years.

Excellent, excellent work.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
There was a time where I read manga time... now I've slowed down dramatically. I gotta get back into it. Gonna get back into Prison School and find a cool battle manga.

Cool battle manga: gash bell, Saike mata shitemo,

Funny manga: Kaguya wants to be confessed to, fire punch, grand blue, hinamatsuri

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Huh, kinda forgot I really liked Gash Bell.

Yeah, great character interaction, interesting battle, good characterization, and an ending that didn't sucks.

I need to reread and finish Gash Bell
You do that :)

His next work, Animal Kingdom is also great. He use similar formula to Gash Bell, but with less battle and more focus on overall plot and character growth.

Too bad he end his new work prematurely.

Sandfox

Gash Bell, Flame of Recca, Law of Ueki, Fullmetal Alchemist, Busou Renkin, Gash Bell, and Yu Yu Hakusho(which Bleach pretty much ripped off). Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is Seinen, but good as well.

cntr

Banned
Oh, and read My Hero Academia if you haven't already.

Gash Bell, Flame of Recca, Law of Ueki, Fullmetal Alchemist, Busou Renkin, Gash Bell, and Yu Yu Hakusho(which Bleach pretty much ripped off). Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is Seinen, but good as well.
never thought about it before, but it's kinda funny in retrospect that Bleach and Naruto respectively took so much from Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter

I use it often. The client is great. Their manga sales are a little more limited compared to comic books, but oh well.
I like it. The best app in my opinion. I often buy from Amazon because it'll sync your purchases with comixology, and they often have discounts.

sounds pretty good to me then, any one you have the subscription they offer or you think buying the book themselves is better

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
sounds pretty good to me then, any one you have the subscription they offer or you think buying the book themselves is better

Was under the impression you don't get to read full series with their sub, just the first few volumes of whatever they got, so I've never bothered with it. I'm sure if you want to sample a bunch of vol. 1s to see what you're interested it might be worth it for a month, but idk, would rather just buy the books I want.

Was under the impression you don't get to read full series with their sub, just the first few volumes of whatever they got, so I've never bothered with it. I'm sure if you want to sample a bunch of vol. 1s to see what you're interested it might be worth it for a month, but idk, would rather just buy the books I want.

might just do the free trial and look up a bunch of different mangas to and then just buy them

I'm enjoying Final Fantasy XV a lot more than I thought I would. I kinda hate that I'm liking it actually. Honestly, I don't really like the combat and some of the dialogue patterns get super anime when you're not in cutscenes or story parts, you know where each person takes turns saying something even if it's completely unnecessary, but the actual like...laid back tone and just how everything is set up...I dunno. It's a weird feeling.

I will repeat what I said elsewhere though that another better game is being played by someone else alongside mine and sometimes I'll look over and see what they're doing and be like "That looks cool" and all I'll get is that brief glimpse but my characters are reacting like I've been playing that game all along. Sometimes cut scenes happen and they're not even cut-scenes they're just...teaser trailers for events I'll never get to actually see?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, my wife just left me.

...okay that was a huge downer, so let's assume she did it because she couldn't take it that I kept reading Fuuka. Truck-kun claims another victim.

...okay that was a huge downer, so let's assume she did it because she couldn't take it that I kept reading Fuuka.

Yo, I'm sorry to hear that dude.

If your reading list is anything to go by you'll marry a woman with her exact name who happens to look like her tho.

cntr

Banned

...okay that was a huge downer, so let's assume she did it because she couldn't take it that I kept reading Fuuka. Truck-kun claims another victim.
Damn. :/

Hope things work out in the end, man. Seo probably isn't writing your life.

Top Bottom