• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Bakuman END
Nice write up. I definitely agree that Mashiro and Azuki's relationship was totally forced and didn't pay off at all. Personally, I stopped enjoying it probably after the PCP serialization because it was starting to feel too drawn out. Also, if you're looking for more manga about manga authors, you ought to try Rin. /shameless endorsement

Have we done reading lists in this thread yet?
What are these?

Wiseblade

Nice write up. I definitely agree that Mashiro and Azuki's relationship was totally forced and didn't pay off at all. Personally, I stopped enjoying it probably after the PCP serialization because it was starting to feel too drawn out. Also, if you're looking for more manga about manga authors, you ought to try Rin. /shameless endorsement

What are these?
You post what you are currently reading, then we judge you for it.

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai - O.I.O

g47nwoFl.jpg

Might be slightly less depraved than the real thing.

Don't ask how.

survivor

Banned
Currently reading:

Tower of God
Noblesse
The Breaker
The God of High School
Crepuscule
Girls of the Wild's
The Gamer
Kubera
Orange Marmalade
Cheese in the Trap

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
You post what you arecurrently reading, then we judge you for it.
Oh cool. I'll just post the ones I'm looking forward to updates to:

Kono Oto Tomare!
Rin
Spirit Circle
Silver Spoon
Gakuen Babysitters
Koe no Katachi
The World God Only Knows
Assassination Classroom
Beelzebub (RIP)
Last Game
Yandere Kanojo
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
Sekai Maou
Black Haze
The Gamer
Naruto

That should be it, might be missing a few.

fake edit: oh shit a new KoT chapter just came out as I was writing this yesss

Wiseblade

Oh cool. I'll just post the ones I'm looking forward to updates to:

Kono Oto Tomare!
Rin
Spirit Circle
Silver Spoon
Gakuen Babysitters
Koe no Katachi
The World God Only Knows
Assassination Classroom
Beelzebub (RIP)
Last Game
Yandere Kanojo
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
Sekai Maou
Black Haze
The Gamer
Naruto

That should be it, might be missing a few.

fake edit: oh shit a new KoT chapter just came out as I was writing this yesss
JUUUUDG-Silver Spoon? You pass. Barely.

scy

It'd take too much effort to keep proper lists ;__; So all I really have are random things I checked out on purpose and random things I checked out on accident and sometimes I remember what those things are.

Which, speaking of: Hatsukoi Shinjuu - I want to find this adorable but the whole suicide angle makes it at least a little awkward. A little.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bokura no Hentai
dhXxKLrl.png

Man, this is turning out to be the new Wandering Son. I didn't expect it to just happen like this out of nowhere.

My reading list is full of stuff I just read out of habit (Fairy Tail, Naruto, Nisekoi etc.) so this is only the manga I actively check out or the ones I'm catching up with.

Kingdom
Jojolion
Mob Psycho 100
Onepunch Man
One Piece
Vagabond
Vinland Saga
Hajime no Ippo
Yamada and the 7 Witches
Gintama
Historie
Horimiya
Otoyomegatari
Q.E.D.
Drifters
Seven Deadly Sins
Prison School
Shokugeki no Soma
The Breaker: New Waves
(Berserk)
(Hunter x Hunter)
(Shamo)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but this should be it for the most part

LeleSocho

Banned
i'm such a noob compared to you guys...

I don't know if you are disgusting for reading so much stuff or i'm worthless for reading so few.

dumbyugi

My list has a handful of stuff that's finished that I still need to get around to actually finishing. Also has too many series that haven't been scanned in years.

survivor

Banned
14-sai no Koi vol 1
omg, this adorable romance and the main couple, aaahh my heart. These itnermission chapters are also a brilliant way to sneak in more cute moments without breaking the flow of the story. Also this is the best character right? No debate needed.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
JUUUUDG-Silver Spoon? You pass. Barely.
It's how I do. I forgot to add High Score Girl and Kaichou-kun no Shimobe (but it will never get translated ;_;) on there. Looking over this, I guess I'm a big fan of comedy and mystery, and cuteness I guess.

img000041.png

Kono Oto Tomare! 13
Surprised Kurusu tried to atone for her bitchiness. Good on her. Chika's busybody tendencies toward Houtsuki were adorable. I love scenes that show the guys bonding, it really shows off how fun their friendship is, even though Takaoka and Chika ended up bringing down the feels on Takezou too. I look forward to seeing how Houtsuki gets over her trauma from her mother; it's sad enough to be called a weapon by someone you love, but it's even more sad to believe it as I think she does.

And poor x-chan and y-chan. They're so misunderstood. ;_;

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
14-sai no Koi vol 1

omg, this adorable romance and the main couple, aaahh my heart. These itnermission chapters are also a brilliant way to sneak in more cute moments without breaking the flow of the story. Also this is the best character right? No debate needed.
oh shit I've read this before! Totally forgot its name. It's super cute. And pfft, no, best character is the glasses girl (although the teacher is a close second).

upandaway

There's a lot of Touhou doujins I've read that I never bothered adding to my complete list as well.
I was about to say, there are only 5 there. I don't bother to add them either.

Kind of a bummer that we don't have a Touhou community thread.. hell there's even a Kancolle thread

dumbyugi

I was about to say, there are only 5 there. I don't bother to add them either.

Kind of a bummer that we don't have a Touhou community thread.. hell there's even a Kancolle thread

You could always start one. Also there are only 5 on my reading list. There are far more on my complete list.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Touhou is something I always want to get into, but I'm intimidated by all the poorly drawn waifus.

And probably the bullet hell too. Shit is intense

Rotte no Omocha 37
Only lewd. No real funny jokes or relationship progression in this chapter

Madan no Ou to Vanadis 14
Well that's one way to show boobs in a medieval themed manga

upandaway

Touhou is something I always want to get into, but I'm intimidated by all the poorly drawn waifus.

And probably the bullet hell too. Shit is intense
Lunatic is silly, but up to Hard it's really fun. It's an easy fact to miss that the games are really really good.

Hayate

Hamster is still fighting so hard. You can do it, yeah!

Looks like things will float around for a while, which is totally fine with me.

Charade

Now I feel old using Excel.

Prison School 99

Pretty neat Mari-san rearranged the song they were using to bully her.

Boku Girl 8

Is it wrong I got hungry after reading this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom