• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

One Piece

Oda you come back from your break and you give us this? Not the best return imo. Very messy last page as well. Took me a while to understand what was happening. Lets hope Sogeking finally makes a return. Miss that side of Ussop.

What was hard to understand? He clearly threw a ship at the tower.

What was hard to understand? He clearly threw a ship at the tower.

It might have been clear to you but the angle I was looking for made me mix the boat up with Trevor's body and coat.

Bleach

LOL Byakuya is like Nope.jpeg Rukia will take care of you. Poor As Nodt, talk about rejected. Then he gets to be the guinea pig for Rukia's new Bankai Hakka no Togame.

Nice use of Byakuya's shikai to break through As Nodt's eyes of Fear. Also Kubo must have been watching lots of Horror movies lately because As Nodt almost became nightmare fuel if not for some funny poses.

Lets hope Beelzebub ends on a very good note or the spinoff or whatever is good.

One Piece
Okay chapter .

Naruto
Was expected this was going to happen .

Bleach
This was also expected , still going to interesting to see what her bankai looks like .

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko

JMM6iH6.png

Shut up stupid Sani he's cute.

Naruto

Talk no Jutsu too stronk.

upandaway

Toriko

No wonder it went extinct with such a puzzle of a hatching method! Toriko, you so silly.

One Piece

Trebol looks crazy. Seems like this will be an honest tag team fight after all, which is great.

SMILE factory looks surprisingly normal.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko

No wonder it went extinct with such a puzzle of a hatching method! Toriko, you so silly.

Why are people reacting like this? It's obvious that when the Billion Bird was alive all those thing where in nature and easily available.
Even in real life you might have no idea what strange and complicated things animals do to give birth to their offspring.

upandaway

Toriko

Why are people reacting like this? It's obvious that when the Billion Bird was alive all those thing where in nature and easily available.
Even in real life you might have no idea what strange and complicated things animals do to give birth to their offspring.
It's not the complication of it so much as it is hilariously arbitrary. Almost 100% of Toriko is like this, so it's not bad or anything, but it's still funny.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko

It's not the complication of it so much as it is hilariously arbitrary. Almost 100% of Toriko is like this, so it's not bad or anything, but it's still funny.

I know that you didn't mean anything bad with it panda-san i just don't understand why people think that stuff like this is a prerogative of Toriko's manga when stuff like this happens even in nature.

DarkMehm

One Piece
I can't see shit on these panels. OP used to have clean panels, nowadays Oda seems to cramp everything he can on 17 pages, so that the Anime can continue with the rate of 1 chapter per epsiode.

upandaway

I know that you didn't mean anything bad with it panda-san i just don't understand why people think that stuff like this is a prerogative of Toriko's manga when stuff like this happens even in nature.
Well wait I don't know about that, real life isn't quite as exaggerated.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I think it's fun to make fun of (and I.do.make.fun of it), but yeah, not the most ridiculous thing in toriko considering there's a snake that wraps around the entire world.

Kreed

Toriko 267:

Well at least we got "somewhat" of a flashback, and enough info to piece together what happened (Midora's crew left but Midora stayed behind with Komatsu in order to see if Toriko really would come for him. And when he did, Toriko probably got Komatsu back after a word exchange/no fighting was necessary).

I liked the use of the full course in this chapter as well. I just assumed it would be a really good meal, vs having an actual purpose. It would be cool if Four Heavenly Kings are able to do something similar, but I doubt it based off of Toriko's Full Course so far.

One Piece 738:

As I thought, Sugar's Devil Fruit is ridiculous. If someone with the fruit (Sugar included after this chapter) was able to encounter the Straw Hats with no knowledge of the fruit, they could turn them all into toys without them even realizing what happened. Nice seeing Robin being so creative with this mission. While it's disappointing Oda's not letting her or Nami be "powerful", at least he's giving Robin a lot of shine here with her powers.

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece
I can't see shit on these panels. OP used to have clean panels, nowadays Oda seems to cramp everything he can on 17 pages, so that the Anime can continue with the rate of 1 chapter per epsiode.
It really has become unbearable, i dropped it because of this.
It's really a mess.
Well wait I don't know about that, real life isn't quite as exaggerated.

Of course there isn't any plant or animal that grows instantly or birds lays infinite eggs but i can assure you that there are some animals that are extremely picky on some things.

Kreed

One Piece

Not that I disagree, but I really hope you're at least reading the higher quality scanlations out vs the blurry mess the fastest group puts out.

Cwarrior

Bleach - surprising rukia going to still have her glory moment after all even with a new banzai to boot(dame you auto correct)

As nodt freaky design is cool along with star man superhero& James, these rule of cool fights have been better then expected.

Kubo on a roll right now, but I expected the quality to drop once ichigo shows up as usual.

Naruto

I hope obito manages to do more then just revive naruto.

robox

what confused me was the smile factory scene. took me a few reads to figure out who's who that talking. being dropped into an opening like that was confusing. are we expected to know these characters? have we seen them before

then that random occurrence with trebol shooting down the fly. what the hell? is that how you're going to demonstrate his power level? makes me wonder why the toy factory isn't full of holes already.

Naruto

How slow is Obito's death... Seriously one could go out and enjoy the whole day when on their death bed if they lived as long as Obito

Bleach

Aww Yeah my girl Rukia

One Piece

I knew Sugar would know how to fight

Also why did they charge at her... did they forget about the spicy grape plan?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Please put the title of the manga above any images posted from chapter reactions. It's nice to be able to skip over images if we don't want to know what happened.
Oh oops, I'm sorry. I'm kind of new here so i don't know all the protocol yet. I'll do that from now on!

Edit: aw shit, I'm a member now :O

Isnt the manga the wprst adaptation of this story? From what I've heard s overy gory and trivialises a lot of characrers more than the film does.

It might be overly gory but I wouldn't say that it trivializes them. I'd even argue that it tries almost too hard to give everyone a purpose and their own background story.

One Piece

Robin had a chance to finally do something worthwhile and Oda ruined it. What a waste of my time and his.

Bleach

Bleach redeemed, Rukia redeemed, Sode no Shirayuki remains best zanpaktou and now Bankai even too. Kubo forgiven.

Men S Kou

A slice of life manga about boys in an all-boys school. It's stupid, and funny as hell. DTL might love it too.

Give it a shot. It made my mood all better tonight :)

CronoShot

Bleach

Usually I would be mad about yet another bankai reveal from someone who isn't a captain, but it's Rukia so it's all good.

Naruto

Obito changed sides. What a shocking revelation that no one predicted 50 chapters ago. Gee, I wonder if he'll save Naruto.

One Piece
At least this chapter confirmed that Robin can teleport now.

Bleach
Aaaand its over. Its weird that Quincies can now transform into monsters or is this just that fear power of his.

Naruto
So Madara vs Obito? Coolio.

Naruto 665

Please Madara.

Be the savior and slay down that treacherous scum.

And the Minato owned count rises again.

Bleach 569

Bankai sweet.

One Piece 738

Literally begging for that Usopp and Robin tag team.

One Piece was so disappointing this week. I think Oda is juggling too much right now. Soul Catcher(s) buffers are gone. It sucks. Stealth Symphony looks pretty schway.

Defuser

Bleach
FUCKING FINALLY!!! After over 500 chapters, Rukia finally unveil her bankai.

Yamada and the seven witches
Nice, this is how you keep this series going...new witch powers that totally different.

Buyuden end
Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you. Take is still a wimp in regards to girl relationship.

Cwarrior

Best shonen arcs?

Chimera Ant arc from HxH
W7/EL arcs from One Piece
Promised Day arc from FMA
Golden Age arc from Berserk
Sensui arc from YYH

My man *lariat of broship killer b style.jpeg*

Am also a huge fan of hxh's York new arc, op's impel down & soabondy arc, and berserk's burn the heretics arc(no clue what it's called).

Still haven't completed the kyoto arc, got as far when kenshin meets mokoto and beats his lack who twists his leg.

My man *lariat of broship killer b style.jpeg*

Am also a huge fan of hxh's York new arc, op's impel down & soabondy arc, and berserk's burn the heretics arc(no clue what it's called).

Still haven't completed the kyoto arc, got as far when kenshin meets mokoto and beats his lack who twists his leg.

Some ones I didn't include but think are excellent

Naruto: I really can't decide between the Chunin exam arc and the sause retrieval arc which is better

Ruroni Kenshin: everyone always loved the kyoto/sensui arc but I'm a bit partial to the final arc as it connects better to Kenshin as a character and gives all the main characters a conclusion to their arcs.

HxH: Yorkshin and Greed Island are both fantastic, they just don't have the magical finale that Chimera Ant does

One Piece: Alabasta, Sabody, and Marineford are all great arcs, but they aren't as good as w7/el.

Bleach: Soul Society arc was awesome and that ending was sooo gooooood
---

Also while Berserk isn't technically a shonen (its sienen) it's still so damn awesome and action packed I have to include it

Kyuur

Bleach
Aaaand its over. Its weird that Quincies can now transform into monsters or is this just that fear power of his.

This was demonstrated as far back as Ichigo's fight vs Quincy in Hueco Mundo.

Naruto

Meh, was hoping characters I actually care about (Kakashi, Gaara and Minato) to pull through but no, Kishi has to have Obito come out as a good guy.

One Piece

Robin has really hax powers. Hope to see them utilized a lot here. Also a bit confused on why they didn't go through with the grape plan and just attacked her. The enslaved bit also seemed a bit out of place, as if they don't already have enough reason to fight.

Bleach

Byakuya instagibbing an enemy with a ton of eyes? Your creativity knows no bounds Kubo.

Naruto

And next week Medara will one shot Obito making this chapter entirely pointless

Bleach

Thanks to my niisan I have the power to win the fight I should have already won -.-

One Piece

So set up for Robin and Usopp vs these two got it

Toriko

Well that was easy, and I'm sure Komatsu will figure out a way to make eating it tasty

Naruto
Plot no Jutsu, SM Minato. This just comes out of nowhere and makes zero sense since the Kyuubi said they needed Naruto since he is the only one with SM, but out of nowhere Minato can use it too! Minato could have injured Madara without Naruto in the previous chapters but didn't. That makes no sense and makes this obvious that this was Plot.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

How in the world was this chapter hard to understand?
The Tontatta were about to execute the plan, when Trebol saw a fly and killed it. Leo then tries to attack but Robin stops him
We then cut to the Smile Factory where the captured Tontatta dwarves are forced to make the stuff under the belief that their princess is sick and Smile is the only thing that can cure her.
Then we cut back to Team Usoland where Robin explains that Trebol killed that fly by shooting it between the eyes, and that getting close to Sugar with him around would be lethal. So they need to distract him.
The bug Tontatta attack the pirates outside with hornets while Robin disguises herself and brings Trebol outside. The dwarves enter the room and attempt to attack Sugar, only for her to turn half of them into bears and start a fight between the two. I think the spicy grape was lost when Trebol shot the fly...
Sugar calls Trebol and reports that it's a trap, Robin further distracts him by telling him the pirates aren't working, only to use it to run away. Trebol catches her, but it was a trick and Robin teleports out. So Trebol uses his power to fling the ship into the tower.

Wow, a lot happened. Maybe you guys need to stop looking at Pandas.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece

Just flipped through the chapter again, I have no idea what you're talking about. There have been some cluttered panels in One Piece sure, some war stuff comes to mind, but there was nothing of the sort in this chapter.

One Piece
At least this chapter confirmed that Robin can teleport now.

Naw, it was just a clone of her. She can make full-body clones now, and dispel them when she's done with them.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach

Lawd. This is probably the most gruesome shit in Bleach since Aizen's final transformation. I dunno what the anime would even do with it. Bet we wouldn't have the husk of his old body dangling on there.

DarkMehm

Just flipped through the chapter again, I have no idea what you're talking about. There have been some cluttered panels in One Piece sure, some war stuff comes to mind, but there was nothing of the sort in this chapter.

Naw, it was just a clone of her. She can make full-body clones now, and dispel them when she's done with them.

I don't know. Maybe it's worse for me, because I read Manga on my iPad. I hate reading on PC. It's especially bad with OP since like 300 chapters and I'm already reading the best scans. The first 200-300 chapters were perfect. Clear panels without convoluting things.

I don't know. Maybe it's worse for me, because I read Manga on my iPad. I hate reading on PC. It's especially bad with OP since like 300 chapters and I'm already reading the best scans. The first 200-300 chapters were perfect. Clear panels without convoluting things.

I read the chapter on my iphone and had no problems understanding what was going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom