• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Fuck man, Kubo was pulling some sick ass art with As Nodt there.

Kain

Bleach

OK, I found out on this chapter that the guy Rukia was fighting is indeed a guy and not a chick. Yay me. Awesome art either way. We get 50 empty pages (or with vacant eyes) for every one with good art, but hey, it's Bleach.

One Piece

Lost it at Usopp thinking "Usually no one asks me why I'm not doing anything!!!!".

Naruto

Madara goes from being the smartest coolest mother****er in all the creation to being completely retarded from chapter to chapter. Finish this already, goddamnit.

Kreed

One Piece:

One Piece: Alabasta, Sabody, and Marineford are all great arcs, but they aren't as good as w7/el.

Water 7 was good but it followed the typical One Piece arc flow. While it definitely did it the best and nothing else has topped it, it didn't do anything new. Sabaody archipelago however is One Piece's peak arc right now. So many new details, the flow was fast paced, the battles were great, and everything was capped off with the Straw Hats complete defeat.

Kodansha got Manga Dogs.
tumblr_n195w1eB7M1s7mwd3o1_500.jpg

Announcing Manga Dogs, a sharp-witted satire of the manga world from Ema Toyama, the creator of I Am Here! and Missions of Love!

Starting this fall from Kodansha Comics!

daveo42

Banned
Bleach

I think I would have liked this issue much more and shown some actual growth for Rukia better if the pep talk had come at the end instead of in the middle.

Naruto

Talk no Jutsu continues while everyone else is pretty useless right now.

What would be insane would be Obito taking that power for himself, becoming the Sage of Six Paths again, defeating Madara, and carrying on Naruto's will instead of reviving him. Naruto becomes honorary 6th hokage, Obito becomes 7th, and the community rages. Wins all around.

One Piece

Seems like it's up to Usopp to take out Sugar as Robin is now dealing with Trebol and Sugar's ability to turn fools into toys.

I think Oda is going to continue switching between each week, with an update on the Franky fight next week. Keeps us in the loop without having to wait months for an update in any one area. At least until we hit the climax of each of these fights.

One Piece:
Water 7 was good but it followed the typical One Piece arc flow. While it definitely did it the best and nothing else has topped it, it didn't do anything new. Sabaody archipelago however is One Piece's peak arc right now. So many new details, the flow was fast paced, the battles were great, and everything was capped off with the Straw Hats complete defeat.

Thinking back on it, you might be right. The amount of insanity leading up to that abrupt end where I almost lost my shit over what happened makes it much better. I think what W7/EL did well was being able to extend a good level of awesome over a long period of time, even if it followed a more typical OP arc. Also Robin's backstory is heartbreaking.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Please be Baby Steps or Billy Bat....

I need Baby Steps so we can get the 70 missing chapters on Crunchyroll.

Naruto

An Obito Heel-Face Turn would have actually worked okay if there had been any build up of resentment between Obito and Madara, and not a single chapter of weird philosophical dialogue about who is Madara.

Mayoke no Darling 1p1

Cover is one of the better Craft ones around and the story is memorable. Tougo is a hilarious senpai getting all caught up in his feelings for the younger Haruka who seems to be able to see and catch all the signs and just go along with it (noticing Tougo always watching, or even just blabbering there before the confession). Tougo looks the best in the couple, though seems to suggest I always go for the meaner looking characters.

Fun school romance so far.

Kodansha got Manga Dogs.

I think this is it...

Tezuka Kanna, 15, is a girl who loves manga. For that reason, she specifically enrolls in a course for manga in Tokiwa High School as a freshman! No one knows though, that she is already a debuting manga artist. ...But wait, what's this?! Three handsome guys suddenly appear, and what's more they know!!! Kanna (God) vs. Those Guys (Devils)!!! What would happen next?!

It was originally called GDGD-DOGS. :/ Maybe?

So eh....Not much confidence from the summary.

kasane

fukumenkei noise 1-10

Interesting so far, even tho momos reason for not seeing her is absurd

I hope the best boy wins :p

Toriko

Funny chapter... with a small snippet on how Toriko got Komatsu

I wonder what Midora told him

Edit: Mass production slaughter in coming

survivor

Banned
I think this is it...

It was originally called GDGD-DOGS. :/ Maybe?

So eh....Not much confidence from the summary.

Looks bad, sounds bad, too short. Come on Kodansha, you are sitting on Taiyou no Ie, bring that instead.

Seeing how this one was a shoujo, I seriously hope the next 2 announcements are from their Afternoon lineup. I want something good.

Please be Again!! or Moteki.

Looks bad, sounds bad, too short. Come on Kodansha, you are sitting on Taiyou no Ie, bring that instead.

Seeing how this one was a shoujo, I seriously hope the next 2 announcements are from their Afternoon lineup. I want something good.

I was hoping theyd pick more Aria manga, best kodansha manga imprint.

Akito

I just happened to come across this comment about Tetsuwan Girl

WHY THE HELL IS THIS GETTING UPDATED SO MUCH.

There are so many other better looking mangas--and okay, sure, this isn't terrible, but I'm judging by summary and art and rank that this is NOT the ideal manga to be updating. And I've noticed this being updated every day for like a week or something? So WHY THE HELL is this kind of thing being updated so frequently when there are like TWO COMMENTS and everyone else is begging for something else?!

Almost makes me want to put the chapters out even faster.

I would support the mangaka with Again!! Im not doing it for this GDGD manga shit. Get me some real fuxking licenses Kodansha.

Marche90

Bleach

Oh, nice, and about time, too.

Naruto

Is anybody surprised by this revelation? I sure am not. If only it worked with Madara...

kasane

Lying mii-kun and broken maa-chan 1-5

Well that was kinda freaky at first, i thought he would really murder the children.

One Piece

I really liked this chapter. Trebol also seems like a beast, im not sure if Robin or Usopp could take him down.

It would be pretty disappointing if Robin can't to be honest. Trebol does seem pretty strong, but he is pretty obvioulsy the weakest of the chief executives and at least not worthy to fight either Luffy of Zoro. I suppose it could be the dwarves though...

Nordicus

Koe no Katachi 26

I guess Ueno heard something she really didn't want to. Though... how did she and Nishimiya talk in the ferris wheel anyway? Texting?

And Kodansha, fucking license Koe No Kotachi. That shit will sell more than fuxking GdGD manga. Are you kidding me with this license? You think that is worth tumblr's time? Get out of here? And you womder why the US market is such garbage.

kasane

Norogami for kodansha.

:lol

Edit: Kodansha is already proclaiming it as a hit anime and i didn't know studio bones is doing the adaptation

Naruto

Madara just kill Obito already please. Oh and do it in the most embarrassing way. Worthless character talking about not trampling over friends GTFO with that shit Obito.

Norogami for kodansha.

:lol

Edit: Kodansha is already proclaiming it as a hit anime and i didn't know studio bones is doing the adaptation
Seems like they are going for the Seven Seas style "nobody is scanlating or reading it so lets trick someone people who support the mangaka and libraries into buying it. " that dont fly with me.

Lain

I actually like these kinds of stories as well. Can you just assure me there's no NTR in the manga. I hate it when that stuff springs up when you become invested in the plot.

Like Survivor said there is no NTR here. It's just a sweet, tender story all the way through.

EDIT: Noragami is good imo (talking strictly manga, haven't watched the anime yet), so it's a good pick.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 26
Wow, Ishida's answer for the epilogue of the bully revenge movie was dark. Ueno's a bitch, but she's interesting. It really is odd to contrast her with Ishida... In some respects, such as in their busybody tendencies, they're similar, but in others... But she done fucked up good by slapping Nishimiya. :mad:

Also Ishida's tag was sticking out of his shirt the whole chapter and it bothered me. /petty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom