• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerosu v1
iJvURQCs0cuHg.jpg
Well shit, someone dumped the translations for the first 2 volumes of this on /a/ earlier today, I've been waiting for this since forever. It's basically a battle seinen series drawn by YOKO (yes, the YOKO of Masturbation Master Kurosawa and Molester Man). The plot is really generic, people with special powers fighting each other and stuff but the powers have such awesome names like "Instant Shounen Jump" or "Disaster Ball" (literally) and are really fun. The characters are mostly batshit crazy and the manga is pretty self-aware as well, it would totally pass as a sister series to Medaka Box. I mean...

Right now the eyes are weak
He understood his power completely
Since then Yorumu has held his eyes within his hand
For three years he did not open his hand.
And the result is three years of his body heat warming his eyes
They have become the hardest material known on earth.
And the world's hardest eye ball
travels as if pitched by a Major League baseball pitchers

I even thought for a second about typesetting this shit but thankfully some other anon has called dibs.

scy

Well shit, someone dumped the translations for the first 2 volumes of this on /a/ earlier today, I've been waiting for this since forever. It's basically a battle seinen series drawn by YOKO (yes, the YOKO of Masturbation Master Kurosawa and Molester Man). The plot is really generic, people with special powers fighting each other and stuff but the powers have such awesome names like "Instant Shounen Jump" or "Disaster Ball" (literally) and are really fun. The characters are mostly batshit crazy and the manga is pretty self-aware as well, it would totally pass as a sister series to Medaka Box. I mean...

I'm very interested now. I kind of want to go re-read Koganeiro now too...

Every girl is best girl to someone.

What an easy way out

I even thought for a second about typesetting this shit but thankfully some other anon has called dibs.

Got me hyped that you were going to typeset it :[

Akito

Got me hyped that you were going to typeset it :[
It's really wordy (Nisio would approve) and the translations are a little bit wonky as well. I may get on this if the other guy won't deliver (he promised he would get something done within a week).

Wiseblade

Oh.

On a side note...
I don't drink the "support the author" kool-aid like some people in this thread seem to. If I like something, I'll buy it. If I really like something, ill buy it physicially and loan/recommend it to others. Also, it hascto be availavle in English. I'm nothing going to learn another language just to read manga, nor will I buy something I can't read. If FMA sucked but Silver Spoon was still great, I wouldn't buy FMA in the hopes that SS would get released as a result.

World Trigger 50

The way they flew in the panels with the Trion Soldier attack was hilarious. The three unnamed will always be so memorable for their antics.

A good Mikumo chapter with Mikumo putting into practice all that he does even emulating Yuma. Not bad for him.

World Trigger cover page and colour page next, World Trigger ftw!

It's really wordy (Nisio would approve) and the translations are a little bit wonky as well. I may get on this if the other guy won't deliver (he promised he would get something done within a week).

Type-setting speed match go!

Oh.

On a side note...
I don't drink the "support the author" kool-aid like some people in this thread seem to. If I like something, I'll buy it. If I really like something, ill buy it physicially and loan/recommend it to others. Also, it hascto be availavle in English. I'm nothing going to learn another language just to read manga, nor will I buy something I can't read. If FMA sucked but Silver Spoon was still great, I wouldn't buy FMA in the hopes that SS would get released as a result.

I dunno, it's only really one person that thinks we have to support the author.

Jintor

Anyway, I ended up thinking more about that Tag shonen last night.

Initially I was thinking it was going to be, like, 'you've all had bombs implanted inside you, but only one of them is active at any given time. You need to physically touch someone else to transfer 'it' to them. The bomb will blow up in one hour'.

But then I thought, that's kinda too dark for my taste. Kinda escape-roomy though.

So instead now I'm thinking about an manga based on Assassin.

Haru Meguru 1

Aj3EB12.jpg

A bullied, friendless young girl attempts suicide, fails utterly, then ends up in a hospital ward filled with kind-hearted children who befriend her. She forms a particularly close relationship with an outgoing boy who she confides in, and he in turn helps her to overcome her inner turmoil. All seems very sweet, but unfortunately the ward is primarily for cancer patients, and her crush almost certainly isn't going to survive the story. Reasonably certain I won't be enjoying the despair in this one for a change.

wonzo

Banned
The Power Plant

Another Shintaro Kago masterpiece series consisting of three short stories. It's basically Greater East-Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere but with people being turned into everyday appliances instead of women being turned into gigantic tanks during WW2 shooting patriotic turds at each other.

Art.

upandaway

i.. i can't.. sniff.. wonzo dangit... awww man.. don't cry, up, it's not worth it, you're ok, it's fine, okay. i'm going away for a bit, don't.. look for me

scy

The Power Plant

Another Shintaro Kago masterpiece series consisting of three short stories. It's basically Greater East-Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere but with people being turned into everyday appliances instead of women being turned into gigantic tanks during WW2 shooting patriotic turds at each other.

I'm reading this correctly, right?

Right?

Usobuko

Banned
Moteki

Read some Moteki. The girls aren't shitty, but they do play around with the protagonist in a bad way at times and get over on him because they realize its easy.

Your next stop is Boys on the Run.

Then, Asatte Dance, Ciguatera, Cupid no Itazura.

Before you end with a bang. Platform in Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu and Oyasumi Punpun.

kasane

Your next stop is Boys on the Run.

Then, Asatte Dance, Ciguatera, Cupid no Itazura.

Before you end with a bang. Platform in Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu and Oyasumi Punpun.

man i loved asatte dance

but i was boggled by her decision near the end

Wow, that looks pretty schway. What magazine does it run in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom