• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Teppu 17

This really is a great manga with a twisted yet identifiable protagonist. The dark path of shonen haarto, as it were. And the fights are so gorgeously readable.well, it is an MMA manga, I suppose.

Jintor

I need a feelgood romance that is basically just loveydovey for 30 volumes, but I'd probably faint from too much warmness.

To begin with, why is it such a condition for serialization for the peeps not to get together? I'd totally read something for many more chapters after they do. Do the Japanese not like to feel fuzzy or something.

The only thing i know even remotely like that is the 4koma yandere kanojo

Brickhunt

Fairy Tail

Welp, I should have seen that coming. So I guess there are two or three future timelines.

#1: Lucy makes her way into the gate and managed to close it, stopping the dragon invasion. Natsu still dies and the few dragons or Zeref employ the service of Rogue to send him back, ensuring the full opening the gate.

#2: Lucy and the others stayed locked, and the Eclipse got open, unleashing the 10.000 dragon upon the world. Lucy loses her arm, but manages to go into the gate, arriving a few days before the current games.

#3: The Current one, where the Eclipse Gate receive the arrival of both F Lucy and F Rogue, resulting in a whole new chain of events who may pay similar to #1, but will obviously end different.

The main problems that cause my head to hurt:
- I don't know who comes first between #1 or #2, both timeliness can be the result of either F Rogue or F Lucy creating the second timeline.
- How both F Lucy and F Rogue arrived at the same third timeline. Looks like the Eclipse gate can receive visitors from any future that someone uses the gate. If Natsu enters it, the next timeline witll have F Natsy, F Lucy and F Rogue and going on...

Usobuko

Banned
No one reading Boys on the Run? 2 new chapters came out today! The ride might be a little bumpy towards the end of the manga but at least it's quite an unique reading experience. If you're one of those that love vanilla rom-com, this will be suit you perfectly well.

Stinky

No one reading Boys on the Run? 2 new chapters came out today! The ride might be a little bumpy towards towards the end of the manga but it's quite an unique reading experience. If you're one of those that love vanilla rom-com, this will be suit you well, perfectly so.

I love Boys on the Run.

Where did El Sloth go? Haven't seen him post in a while. I know he likes it as well.

Oh and you can't post links like that here.

Hatoful Boyfriend 10

An adult feel, I like his outfit in the manga portion, and the history.

Koutetsu no Baby Leaf 3
tumblr_ml3yw8xY6s1rx8973o1_250.jpg

I never expected to get all emotionally into this and connected with the characters like that, but wow really great and well done chapter. The happy and hilarious moments in the start and silly comments by both, then the build up to the moment and everything and then the tears. Yousuke!. First love.

Usobuko

Banned
I love Boys on the Run.

Where did El Sloth go? Haven't seen him post in a while. I know he likes it as well.

Oh and you can't post links like that here.

Well I'll just say this. If you're familiar with the author previous work ( ressentiment ), you will surely find some common characteristics between the endings.

My bad, removed.

Mayonaka no Oyatsu 3
tumblr_ml5awz4USi1qbxqfpo1_500.png

All more of the flashback moments would be good, they were so good together back in the day but then even better in the present time. Confession scene, pouring out his whole heart, and everything, and the visuals too, rather really memorable and possibly so far, favorite chapter. Ill miss this when it ends in two chapters.

Ass Class

Potential here, potential there and nothing comes out of it. I hate Nagisa's stupid hair, ugh. Such a terrible design.

And that new guy reminds me of the "friendly" big nosed guy from HxH's exam art.

Every time I see you guys post about Fairy Tail, it just validates my decision to drop it.
I still plan to catch up some day ... :/

Great decision to pick up the show, btw. The beginning of the first season is not that good, but it gets much better later on. (April <3)

Wiseblade

I still plan to catch up some day ... :/
Why would you torture yourself like that? really, we all should have quit after the "tomorrow's magic" debacle.

Great decision to pick up the show, btw. The beginning of the first season is not that good, but it gets much better later on. (April <3)
Yeah, I'm working my way through the second season now and it's only getting better. (I wasn't feeling April at first, but she's really grown on me.)

Fairy Tale

So I guess that's why all the dragons vanished, they just went to the future?

? In the present day (7 yrs ago) weve seen the dragons, like Igneel (ToH), Grandeeny has also been in communication with Porlyusica as well to speak about Wendy, and then in this very arc (close to the start of the games) so I dont think it was simply coming to the future.

Why would you torture yourself like that? really, we all should have quit after the "tomorrow's magic" debacle.

I don't know, I thought it was a stupid but fun manga until the whole Jellal thing. I stopped right before the training at the beach (I think).

Yeah, I'm working my way through the second season now and it's only getting better. (I wasn't feeling April at first, but she's really grown on me.)
"My mom is Puerto Rican. That's why I'm so lively and colorful." :lol she's great, but they toned her down in the later seasons, which is a shame. I hope you're not getting tired of Rob Lowe's character.

garden of eden

not a fan of the ending... is this the intended ending from the mangaka or it got cut?

highschool of the dead

the hiatus is ended???

Qvoth

aku no hana 44
shitjustgotreal.jpg
oh man oh man oh man
do i smell
rage incoming? i really hope not, but it's this manga...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One Piece:

Translating the Japanese to English, it looks like Aigis should be Aegis (I think both are correct, but Aegis is much more common) Which would make them Shield Zero. I guess they are a branch specifically for the defense of World Government lands.

Akito

First look at the Silver Spoon anime.

The Silver Spoon staff is actually pretty good.

Director: Tomohiko Ito (Sword Art Online)
Assistant Director: Kotomi Deai (unit director on a lot of stuff, good female director)
Script: Taku Kishimoto (Bunny Drop)
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Jun Nakai (Mardock Scramble, Tokyo Majin)
Music: Shusei Murai (Tibetan Dog, Aiura)
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

ibpRfdPe1Ax3XB.gif

Qvoth

wat?
i always assumed it's gonna be bones who will do it, i guess since fma was by bones

The Breaker: New Waves

His Ki center broken? NO PROBLEM because we changed his whole fucking body!

PROBLEM SOLVED

well tbh that's usually how it goes in chinese wuxia novels
you have problems with your internal ki, either get cured by some powerful guys or by some accidental occurence you managed to heal it or you learn some new powerful ki skills etcetc

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Silver Spoon gone get Magi'd and Shingeki'd.

RIP

Dresden

Not sure what you guys are complaining about - that's a decent STAVE lineup (SAO's problem wasn't the direction, its problem was that it was . . . SAO). He was pretty up-front about his doubts for both Magi and Shingeki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom