• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Not sure what you guys are complaining about - that's a decent STAVE lineup (SAO's problem wasn't the direction, its problem was that it was . . . SAO). He was pretty up-front about his doubts for both Magi and Shingeki.
He also did direct Occult Academy so I don't have the greatest faith in him. Let's say I'm not fond of A-1 Pictures in general.

Wiseblade

I swear, if the Silver Spoon anime isn't an audiovisual delight from start to finish then I will hold Duckroll personally responsible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Didn't Duckroll hype the Magi anime?

idDMwKxnLRPH3.gif

Man, how many times can one person post the exact same fake anime gifs

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei 16

Nice speech prez.

Those coalition students had no chance at all and are now screwed after (presumably) throwing that gas bomb.

Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! - Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuu Nisshi 28

Hot springs chapter! It even had the strip ping pong match to go along with it!

Raika having a rival should turn out well now that she's showing some jealousy for Yuuta.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Read through the beginning up to the current chapter (44) of Shingeki. It's pretty good and I'm genuinely interested to see where the story is heading - although there are parts that definitely dragged a bit. I know some people don't like Eren as a protagonist but I think the way he's grown so far has fit the somewhat disjointed narrative.

Now to join the monthly wait...

Kurita

Read through the beginning up to the current chapter (44) of Shingeki. It's pretty good and I'm genuinely interested to see where the story is heading - although there are parts that definitely dragged a bit. I know some people don't like Eren as a protagonist but I think the way he's grown so far has fit the somewhat disjointed narrative.

Thoughts on the whole Colossal and Armored titans thing?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thoughts on the whole Colossal and Armored titans thing?

You mean the recent revelation? I am still rolling over the fact that
it was first said as a background panel... SURPRISE "Oh hey Eren, I'm the colossal titan! He's the armored one! Come join us, k?"

Ass Class

Potential here, potential there and nothing comes out of it. I hate Nagisa's stupid hair, ugh. Such a terrible design.

And that new guy reminds me of the "friendly" big nosed guy from HxH's exam art.

You know what's worst? In that spread color page he actually looks like a girl!. I totally think at some point the author will reveal that he is a "she" and that she's actually an alien assasin or something!.

And I totally saw that the new guy was an asshole.

Silver Spoon 1-30

This is the best manga I read in some time. A heartwarming tale of youth. And is actually really fun too, unlike other mangas. :bow Urakawa :bow

Also since my parents came from a farmer family I can understand better some of these things. The only bad thing is that it makes me hungry.

AKB 122

MC is such a boss. But again having to carry Yoshinaga on his shoulders.

Until Death Do Us Part 149

DX9wv8o.png

Mamoru laughs at your loli fethishes.

upandaway

I don't remember this.. is it an animeland thing?

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen any sort of opinion about Eren. At most, jokes about how he's useless, but even then how many characters in the manga are actually useful. Do you guys hate him? Did I catch Stinky's amnesia?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't remember this.. is it an animeland thing?

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen any sort of opinion about Eren. At most, jokes about how he's useless, but even then how many characters in the manga are actually useful. Do you guys hate him? Did I catch Stinky's amnesia?

/shrug I saw some people hate on him in the spoiler thread.

upandaway

Oh right there's that place. I saw you guys have a lot of fun in there but I forgot to check in afterwards.

Wonder if it's settled into "HOW MANY QUESTIONS? SO MANY QUESTIONS" already or it's still not too late

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Don't worry! It's gonna be fine. Next chapter will come soon and we'll get lots more questions to keep them company!

(~゜Q。)~?

44 is out in Japanese... it's a really action-heavy chapter, which is nice after the the last part before the Armored/Colossal Titan thing.

upandaway

Gou-dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora 12

It was gou-dere.

No, perhaps that is a bit inaccurate. It was the gou-derest.

44 is out in Japanese... it's a really action-heavy chapter, which is nice after the the last part before the Armored/Colossal Titan thing.
Oh right, you're one of those! Whenever I think about what I'm missing (I'm not saying it's Takkoku, but.. it's Takkoku), I just get depressed. The furthest I can go is still Pokemon.

upandaway

My moonspeak level isn't good enough :(
You'd think I would put more effort into it considering my wishlist of stuff that will never get translated. Steiner recently said he probably won't translate the new Steins;Gate game, and a part of me died forever.

Kurita

I tried reading OPM in Japanese. I understand basic sentences but that's about it.
And I have a Japanese test tomorrow, oh boy oh boy

upandaway

so, is Magi anime really bad?
It's a bit really bad.

Not the end of the world, though. Worst case scenario you can just reread the manga to rewrite whatever memories the anime defiled (I may or may not have done this, it will remain a mystery forever).

Wiseblade

It's a bit really bad.

Not the end of the world, though. Worst case scenario you can just reread the manga to rewrite whatever memories the anime defiled (I may or may not have done this, it will remain a mystery forever).

I reread the manga just before the show started so my memories remain pure!

Stinky

I think there are several examples where anime > manga. Episode of Nami was a far better take on the whole arc than even gOda imagined.

Silver Spoon shouldnt be counted out until the anime has at least had some pv or airing.

Yeah I'm just kidding. I'm way more of a manga guy but some adaptions are really good. Kaiji is a good example.

I just like bringing up Kaiji.

Did I catch Stinky's amnesia?

Heh

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why does God's Beard hate SnK so much? Just because?

Angry Grimace

meeeeow!

that pose doesn't even make sense

She's ducking and then like looking back and giving the unamused look, but then like holding out the sword in case there's something to use it on.

I got nothing

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
She's ducking and then like looking back and giving the unamused look, but then like holding out the sword in case there's something to use it on.

I got nothing

It doesn't help that she's being crushed by the keg on her back that's hooked to her swords. Or something.

I can't stop staring at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom