• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

Or massive editorial interference.

Editorial Mandates can only do so much. The writing in Nisekoi is so utterly sheep-leading that there's no way it can't be deliberate.

"Oh it's going nowhere but at least it can't be worse"

"OH HEY I'M THE STUPID SISCON CHARACTER WHO ALSO WANTS TO JUMP THE BLAND PROTAG'S BLAND DICK FOR REASONS THAT ELUDE DOCTORATE LEVEL SCHOLARS.

OH AND THE PLOT YOU WANTED? WHOOPS I JUST KILLED IT! THE MAGUFFIN IS LITERATELY USELESS NOW!

LET'S RUN THIS STORY FOR FIVE MORE YEARS AND MURDER THE B TIER MANGA THAT COULD BE WORKED UP TO AN A SO I CAN STAY RUNNING FOREVER!
HIGH FIVE, KUBO AND KISIMOTO! I'D HIGH FIVE TOGASHI BUT HE DOESN'T FUCKING EVEN BOTHER TO SHOW UP TO THE OFFICE. HE'S USING JUMP AS A FUCKING DOLE CHECK! I SURE WANT TO BE LIKE THAT!"

That isn't the writing of a man press-ganged. That's the writing of a man vindictively playing the system that is itself willing to be played.

zeromcd73

Nisekoi's editor for reference
AxqpjoB.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Editorial Mandates can only do so much. The writing in Nisekoi is so utterly sheep-leading that there's no way it can't be deliberate.

"OH HEY I'M THE STUPID SISCON CHARACTER WHO ALSO WANTS TO JUMP THE BLAND PROTAG'S BLAND DICK FOR REASONS THAT ELUDE DOCTORATE LEVEL SCHOLARS,
OH AND THE PLOT YOU WANTED? WHOOPS I JUST KILLED IT! THE MAGUFFIN IS LITTERLY USELESS NOW! LET'S RUN THIS STORY FOR FIVE MORE YEARS!"

That isn't the writing of a man pressganged. That's the writing of a man vindictively playing the system that is itself willing to be played.

It was probably some combination of the two. The editor probably had him try a romcom, which we know is what happened, so he did. Then as the editor kept making suggestions, and he implemented them, he saw that it was doing well despite none of it making sense. At which point he went fuck everything and went full springtime for Hitler.

Shengar

"OH HEY I'M THE STUPID SISCON CHARACTER WHO ALSO WANTS TO JUMP THE BLAND PROTAG'S BLAND DICK FOR REASONS THAT ELUDE DOCTORATE LEVEL SCHOLARS,
OH AND THE PLOT YOU WANTED? WHOOPS I JUST KILLED IT! THE MAGUFFIN IS LITTERLY USELESS NOW! LET'S RUN THIS STORY FOR FIVE MORE YEARS!"

That isn't the writing of a man pressganged. That's the writing of a man vindictively playing the system that is itself willing to be played.

You make Jump sounds like an extreme dictatorial state that manipulate their authors on a whim.
Well yes they do.

Conan-san

You make Jump sounds like an extreme dictatorial state that manipulate their authors on a whim.
Well yes they do.
Well, less Oceania and more Agribah (IE: The leaders are so fucking stupid that they would let any asshole manipulate them to their whims)

Lain

XBlade Cross vol 2

After a long time, volum 2 finally came out here, and I got to read it. The conclusion to the duel we were left with on volume 1 was nice because of Haru getting so much closer to Mana through it. Probably not the best time
to confess -thanks to the fact Mana can hear everything Haru thinks-
but hey, it was badass still.
Middle part had little dialogue and a loooot of spreads and they were pretty good (actually, whole volume is filled with spreads, and there's a good amount of nipple time when the girls are in their sword form).
End of volume was a bit disappointing, with Haru
losing like that to Kazunari just because he doesn't have the resolve yet (as Mana told him, when taking up a sword, you must be ready to use it, with everything that entails), though I can understand that with Aki involved too, Haru would fold.
Now to wait for volume 3 and see how he gets back up and build up his resolve to become a real badass.

Conan-san

Is it possible for Naoshi Komi to break free from this man?

Why would he break free from a man who's setting him the fuck up for life?

Why break a system when you can instead just write any old cock and ball Penny Dreadful story and get away with it?

Jump punishes effort, rewards chicken scratchings.

zeromcd73

Is it possible for Naoshi Komi to break free from this man?

Nisekoi's sales are absolutely incredible for a shonen romcom. I'm pretty sure it and To Love Ru Darkness are the only ones to sell over 300k on oricon since it started tracking manga sales back in 2008.

He makes so much money it doesn't even matter.

mjontrix

One Piece.

Damn this group will wipe the floor of Doflamingo.

All thanks to Based Ussop.

And, no don't bring back the sad memories of mx0 and Psyren.

Uwagaki 16

Harem end!
i90PF0B.png

Again they delve a bit in the psychological aspect, he may choose to wait after the fusion, but Koaki has doubts, did that means that he isn't choosing her? Will she disappear after the fusion? etc The left-right brain was a good example.
There is a nice plot development at the end, a third party arrives to create trouble.

Chiruhi 1-4

A collection of historical short stories set in Edo, by Kawachi Haruka. All of the stories were fairly low-key, I would say slice of life with a tinge of melancholy. A few of them also contained some supernatural elements, nothing too crazy though. All in all, a good collection, with my favorite being the title piece (which was the most emotional and conclusive of the bunch).

Nice color page, I will put it on queue.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch748

If you told me the bizarre team of Impel Down could be topped, I wouldn't believe you, and it hasn't been, but this team came quite close. Rather funny to see how everyone want to take Doffy's head in Luffy's stead.

Shengar

\
Go read Ushio and Tora. It'll wash the sad taste from your mouth. It is so good and it actually got to finish.

I remember that I have the first volume of this manga as a bonus from buying another manga. But I never found another volume and never continued despite liking it. Might be the time for that now.

Naruto

This'd almost be cool or flavorful if I cared.

One Piece

Looks like nearly everyone that matters barring the marine admiral is siding with the Straw Hats. hee.

Lain

\

I remember that I have the first volume of this manga as a bonus from buying another manga. But I never found another volume and never continued despite liking it. Might be the time for that now.

Yeah you do that. Ushio and Tora is a masterpiece and any fan of hotblooded action and badassery should read it. There I said it.

One Piece
Love chapter like these where everything thing is coming together for final show down .

Yeah you do that. Ushio and Tora is a masterpiece and any fan of hotblooded action and badassery should read it. There I said it.

yep nice series was a good ending .

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
\

I just finished another read through of it, it had been like 4 years since the last time I read it. It remains pretty awesome the whole way through. There's this two page sequence that always cracks me up. The whole thing is really well put together and there isn't really a wasted chapter. Everything is relevant to the plot, including the jokes.

It is really great and all of you need to read it, with eyebrows all like this.

Shengar

One Piece 748
It seems that any animal that beaten by Luffy will be either ended up in his belly or befriended.
Also, for how long will Law become useless? lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'mma make a list of all the stuff you guys have made me read, with a short review attached to each one. lol

Ushio and Tora is 300 glorious chapters long, filled with all sorts of hotblooded, manly, badassery and all the feels you can imagine. It might take you a little while.

mjontrix

Bleach 581

Would've been more epic if he just can speeding down and destroyed them in one superspeed Getsuga-infused slash.

Then rush the entire battlefield and wipe out all the fodder.

Ichigo would be God-Tier at that point.

But it's clear he's going to take all four down with their Vollstandig enabled - what I want to see is who he faces after... Zombie Bambietta? Bazz-B? Or does he just go straight for Ywach?

Ushio and Tora is 300 glorious chapters long, filled with all sorts of hotblooded, manly, badassery and all the feels you can imagine. It might take you a little while.
Oh my. lol

Bleach:
man remember when this series was about an orange-haired high school kid killing evil spirits? cause i obviously dont

Revo

Double Arts Overall Thoughts

Well it is certainly better than nisekoi. Better characters, a setting that isn't wasted, a more interesting plot. Sad to see that this ends in the 20s while nisekoi has about a hundred chapters more.

Not too broken up about it. Mostly because I was already expecting to feel like this, though.

mjontrix

Oh my. lol

Bleach:
man remember when this series was about an orange-haired high school kid killing evil spirits? cause i obviously dont

Yes, and it was painful.

Only Hollow I can remember is the Grand Fisher. Can remember most of the Arrancar.

The Quincies are far better than they were though - only thing is lack of Character development for nearly all of them but I suspect Kubo wants to prune their numbers first before that.

Still waiting for Colonel Sanders to come back.

Bleach
The ''get past the enemies and assist the downed ally, while ignoring said enemies'' scene gives me dejà-vu. Where did I see that before? Naruto?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Not too broken up about it. Mostly because I was already expecting to feel like this, though.
You just weren't there man. That cancellation was awful. :(

Naruto 677
well that's interesting. Hopefully we can see into some characters' illusions, ala Negima sort of.

Dynedom

Bleach

Will Kubo have some shred of :cool: and have Grimmjow come back to assist Shinji, linking back to their first encounter where Shinji pretty much curbstomped Grimm?

Who am I kidding?

I'm guessing from Shinji's comments that none of the Gotei-13 are really up for it and we're going to see Ichigo/Chad/Inoue/Grimm and guys like Gaju (?) and Xcution spring into action.

Anticipating the Col. Sanders vs Kyouraku fight when we finally see his god damn Bankai. It'll only take 2 years to get there too!

Naruto

So I guess Yamato is officially KIA or something?

Honestly, I'm reading slowjou with better pacing/development than these 2 titles. Fucking Kimi ni Todoke has better pacing. KnT!

dramatis

Nisekoi's sales are absolutely incredible for a shonen romcom. I'm pretty sure it and To Love Ru Darkness are the only ones to sell over 300k on oricon since it started tracking manga sales back in 2008.

He makes so much money it doesn't even matter.
I thought your name looked familiar. Are you from mh?

Yes it takes a sales number post for me to actually look at usernames

By the way Junior Members,

If you joined for off-topic side, you need to know that this forum will be unloadable and unreachable during E3 week. It should be roughly back to normal after that (maybe).

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
When's E3 again? the 9th?

She's not probably, she is one. That comment she made in this chapter solidifies that. Ueno is a bitch as well, but I'll take her over Kawai. Upfront > 2 face.
Wait what comment? I'm still sort of sleepy so I might've missed something. But in any case, yeah, Ueno >>> Kawai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom