• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Suzuka 70-74

That wasn't too bad, I was expecting worst after Zweizer reaction.

Them getting together was bound to happen, plus they're both horrible people so they deserve each other. I'm actually glad that Honoka will be forced to leave Yamato behind, plus she's apparently starting her way to stardom.

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 56

Damn that movie was dark.

Oh Ishida. Well you wanted to face your friends and become a new man, so better now than later!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 34

oh god Fuuka

why are you so adorable

and you're related to Suzuka

why

what

how

what

Seo

please

Oh god Fuuka is too adoravble oh god

wow

The face of true rage:

cmokqUb.png

Zweizer

Banned
Suzuka 70-74

That wasn't too bad, I was expecting worst after Zweizer reaction.

Them getting together was bound to happen, plus they're both horrible people so they deserve each other. I'm actually glad that Honoka will be forced to leave Yamato behind, plus she's apparently starting her way to stardom.

I did overreact a little but Suzuka being so stupid and nonsensical in her actions and Yamato being a selfish dumbass as always drove me to the edge. Her basically going 'Let's date' in front of the grave made no fucking sense.

dani_dc

I did overreact a little but Suzuka being so stupid and nonsensical in her actions and Yamato being a selfish dumbass as always drove me to the edge. Her basically going 'Let's date' in front of the grave made no fucking sense.
A graveyard is a great place to start dating, even better if its in front of your pseudo-ex grave!

Kid: How did you start dating daddy?
Suzuka: He forcefully kissed me and then the day after I took him to a grave and confessed to him by talking with my dead ex.

Most romantic story ever.

What is it with Seo and dead exes?
And how long until one appears in Fuuka?
Yuu?

Zweizer

Banned
A graveyard is a great place to start dating, even better if its in front of your pseudo-ex grave!

Suzuka: He forcefully kissed me and then the day after I took him to a grave and confessed to him by talking with my dead ex.

Most hardcore NTR ever.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

What is it with Seo and dead exes?
And how long until one appears in Fuuka?
Yuu?

I would actually laugh.

Fuuka 5

Wait. Wut.

Seeing the discussion pages before, could we say that MangaGaf have united under the smut banner?

Don't try to trap me with cute face of short haired girl.

I actually choose to watch some movies if they have a cute short haired girl on the cover.

Most of them suck. :(

Imasugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai! 14

Let's go on a date with my little brother that's actually my little sister!

And then forget all that cause now its time for the protagonist to confront his dead mom issues.

Mood whiplash!

Suzuka 60-62

Nothing much here, just Honoka deluding herself she has an option and Suzuka liking more Yamato because he looks closer and closer than dead sempai.
Also, I’m the only one that thinks to are too amazing times for 15-16 year old guys?

Suzuka 63

Honoka pls….

Suzuka 64

What the fuck Suzuka, bipolar disorder full effect…what a bitch…

Suzuka 65

Looool Is that suposed to be a cute tsundere? What an idiot….

Suzuka 66

AHAHAHA LOOOSER

Suzuka 67-68

LOOOOL
SO BAD, SO STUPID

Suzuka 69

SO CORNY, SO BAD
Drama is not suposed to make me indifferent about it Seo!

Suzuka 70

So she is worried he’ll die run over by a truck too?....WTF
This is beyond stupid

Suzuka 71

AHAHAHAHA
LOOOL!!!111
How can Yamato or any reader can like Suzuka?

Suzuka 72-73

LOL finally, can’t wait for the shanenigans from now on…

Suzuka 74

…so this is how is going to be, right?

Suzuka 75

So Honoka is going to become an idol? lol

Most hardcore NTR ever.

Imagine where they conceived Fuuka.

"Senpai! look at me!, we are making the baby you could have with me, but instead is gonna be Yamato-kun baby!!"

Zephyx

Suzuka 62
Just give up on him already and move on with your life.

Suzuka 63-64
Just another regular day at the field. Meh.

Suzuka 65
HAHAHAHA! Loser!!!!

Suzuka 66-69
This Suzuka. Rubbing the salt into the wounds, Just how tsundere can you be? And that line from Honoka.. Haha! Poor girl. :(

Suzuka 70
WTF Yamato! That's no way to force yourself.

Suzuka 71-72
Nooooooooo... Can I stop reading this manga now?

Suzuka 73
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. How many days do I need to wear an avatar if I stop reading now?

Suzuka 74
Honoka. Best girl indeed.

Suzuka 75
Imagine if she got pregnant with this guy as the father.. It would be a disaster. Oh wait~ It happened with Fuuka. And that girl is a rollercoaster.

Suzuka 77-84
This cheesy atmosphere. Ughh.

Suzuka 85-89
So this new girl comes up and fucks up everything. Haha. And she thinks he's so great huh. Just weird.

Suzuka 90
We're going on a KNIM pattern here.

Big One

Banned
Wrong thread, derp.

Finishing Bleach tonight btw, will post impressions. Maybe that Hero manga people are talking about as well.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Can't believe there are rational, sane human beings deliberately and willingly subject themselves to the horribleness of Suzuka (and KNIM, for that matter). Even Nisekoi is a Shakespeare compared to either of them.

My mind just can't comprehend it.

Zweizer

Banned
Can't believe there are rational, sane human beings deliberately and willingly subject themselves to the horribleness of Suzuka (and KNIM, for that matter). Even Nisekoi is a Shakespeare compared to either of them.

Some of us are in just for the prize! We're not all insane like Costi-kun!

Usobuko

Banned

I read your first 10 words and thought you were posting about Tsumi to Batsu.

Usobuko

Banned
Welp, sold. Also wait is it a light novel, and not a manga?

Yes, it was originally a series from the light novel. I'll recommend that because the anime adaptation got axed, provided you can read either Japanese and/or Chinese. If you need one last push, look at this magnificent OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5TFZGk8_jw

What I love about Juuni Kokuki is not just its world building which was fantastic by the way. It also avoided the pitfall of 'The Chosen One' trope. I can't go in much without spoiling you though.

I read all of these Suzuka impressions, and I am reminded of how much I made the right choice not to participate.

Hell, I almost considered joining in the first week out of morbid curiosity. Didn't follow through.

Suzuka is infinitely better than KNIM.

As much as I disliked KNIM I think it's better than Suzuka. Like seriously Suzuka needs to fuck off her personality randomly pops out of nowhere. First she's like I fuckin hate your ass and from there she goes no I actually like you with her shitty moe act. And this is repeated over and over again. And at this point your like make your fuckin mind up. And then comes Yamato the biggest delusional dumbass who's a stalker. The idiot can't comprehend anything and does stupid shit in every moment. The characters in the manga even call him an idiot which tells a lot. I mean Haruto may have done stupid shit but at least he isn't a straight up idiot from the ground up.

Also add the fact that KNIM has better female characters like Azuka, Akari, and Rin.

Heavy Object Vol. 1

In light of the recent anime announcement, I decided to put Horizon Vol. 2 on hold for a bit to check this out. I did enjoy Index/Railgun to some extent, so was wondering how this would end up.

Basically, in the near future, wars revolve around non-humanoid mechs called Objects, to the point where most militaries consider anything else a waste of time and money. As with Index and Railgun, there's a gratuitous amount of pseudoscience and technology that is best not to think too deeply about. The characters are as usual, student-aged soldiers/combat engineers, a student-aged pilot, and their slightly older commander. Harem/dense protagonist elements are present, although seemingly not relevant. A lot more focus is on the actual battles and how Quenser and Heivia, the two combat engineers, overcome odds and defeat advanced and superior technology with just their luck and wits.

In a way, and I'm hesitant to make this comparison, it's sort of comparable to Aldnoah.Zero. Of course, this leads to the same failings of having to almost everyone else being idiots, on both their side and the enemy side, but it's a bit easier to take as both Quenser and Heivia are likable and fun characters, and their dynamic as bros is great. And the fact that since there are two of them, coming up and acting out plans together, it is just a bit more bearable than having only a "chosen one" who solves everything alone. There are serious scenes interspersed with lighthearted ones, so its a bit jarring sometimes when it switches from one character experiencing their first kill to joking around with their bro.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but I do enjoy a stuff that could be deemed as trash, so who knows. Tentatively looking forward to the anime.

kayos90

As much as I disliked KNIM I think it's better than Suzuka. Like seriously Suzuka needs to fuck off her personality randomly pops out of nowhere. First she's like I fuckin hate your ass and from there she goes no I actually like you with her shitty moe act. And this is repeated over and over again. And at this point your like make your fuckin mind up. And then comes Yamato the biggest delusional dumbass who's a stalker. The idiot can't comprehend anything and does stupid shit in every moment. The characters in the manga even call him an idiot which tells a lot. I mean Haruto may have done stupid shit but at least he isn't a straight up idiot from the ground up.

Also add the fact that KNIM has better female characters like Azuka, Akari, and Rin.

All these girls are terrible. Wut.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I read your first 10 words and thought you were posting about Tsumi to Batsu.

Well, Tsumi to Batsu is in a whole different league compared to all of them. Not KINGDOM tier, sure, but up there.

I wouldn't even associate bottom of a barrel with Suzuka or KNIM, it's an insult to the barrel.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well at least KNIM or Suzuka is not really the worst.

I reserve that title for stuff like Prince of Tennis.

Prince of Tennis.......ugh.

kayos90

Fuuka 15-34

There's something too... perfect... it's been smooth sailing so far. Something is just not right. Something has to go wrong, right? RIGHT?!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Why is it that bad? Haven't read the series.

I am a fan of Tennis and I feel *insulted* reading it, hahaha. All those bishounens mary-stus performing feats so ridiculous they can defeat folks like Federer and Djokovic with a blindfold and one hand tied to their backs...... ugh.

Which is why I really, really like Baby Steps. It's like the ultimate antithesis of Prince of Tennis.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 15-34

There's something too... perfect... it's been smooth sailing so far. Something is just not right. Something has to go wrong, right? RIGHT?!

Seo was replaced by an alien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom