• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

So ultimately how long did it take for WednesdayGAF to return? A month?

It hasn't really returned. The old days would dominate the thread for the week with Wednesday being the lone time where I'd go to sleep and then have 2+ new pages to wade through.

This is like at 20%.

Naruto

Shikamaru has been a far better friend to Naruto since childhood, but it's Sasuke who has been Naruto best friend?

Lol

At the same time ... is anyone really surprised at this?

LeleSocho

Banned
Why would you continue to read Naruto instead of One Piece?

Because if it isn't the break point of the arc One Piece nowadays is full of useless blablabla and really busy art.
It hasn't really returned. The old days would dominate the thread for the week with Wednesday being the lone time where I'd go to sleep and then have 2+ new pages to wade through.
I think he's mentioning the fact that chapter started again to be released on Wednesday.

Zweizer

Banned
I think he's mentioning the fact that chapter started again to be released on Wednesday.

Yeah that's what I meant. Forgot the proper term for this, sorry. Going from your impressions I wouldn't want the actual WednesdayGAF to return (except for maybe a cheap laugh).

bigkrev

Every time people talk about how good One Piece is, I try to go back and continue from where I left off. Usually make it 3 pages or so before giving up

One Piece

Pretty awesome flashback. Sure he keeps it brief, but I like the way DF's father recanted at the end. Sometimes other's won't let you change and the past is palpable. Really interested to see how DF views the Ds and also how Corazon is going to develop. I must say Law is a pretty awesome character.

Kurita

I need to catch up on both One Piece and Haikyuu, damn it.
Actually I'm thinking about going back to volumes for One Piece, but the last one I bought was volume 63, it's up to 72 now heh

dani_dc

I always think of this song whenever the sentence "You are my friend" comes to mind.

Nichijou - the last batch of chapters
I'm glad that unlike Lucky Star scans for this manga continue long after the anime has ended.

Wish we got a S2 of Lucky Star, I guess that's the natural state of KyoAni fans.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Every time people talk about how good One Piece is, I try to go back and continue from where I left off. Usually make it 3 pages or so before giving up

Basically what I do. It's just a massive echo chamber that no one outside of it gives a shit about.

My nostalgia
BibleThump.png

Basically what I do. It's just a massive echo chamber that no one outside of it gives a shit about.

Funny the only reason I started One Piece back in the day was because some guys on a forum I use to frequent keep claiming it was great and I thought hell so many people can't be wrong so I decided to watch it and frankly I didn't particularly like it for the first 20 eps (crazy now that I think about it after 4 eps these days I would have just drop it) but then it started getting good and it was my obsession I literally couldn't watch anything else and after catching up all other animes felt wrong.

Its a series with a kinda charm that once it hits you it never really let get is the best way I can describe the experience.

dani_dc

You'll get your shitty LN adaptations and pretty boys anime and like it.

I'll take solace that I'm not a FMP fan.
At this point I'm not going to watch the anime just so I don't suffer wanting another season, like a friend I have who's been suffering for a long time.
Boku Girl is making my weewee all confused.

What's there to be confused about?
It's only natural for your "weewee" to be attracted to something it perceives as your gender of preference.

bigkrev

That sounds like Toriko fans, minus the desperation.

Also, it's been 6 weeks since the last Spirit Circle chapter on CR. Will riot if there is no chapter in the next month.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
omfg there's a La Mulana slapping game. I never knew I needed this.

Its a series with a kinda charm that once it hits you it never really let get is the best way I can describe the experience.
I read it up until Punk Hazard.

It was okay at best.

That sounds like Toriko fans, minus the desperation.
Does it count as an echo chamber if there are only two of them.

Also, it's been 6 weeks since the last Spirit Circle chapter on CR. Will riot if there is no chapter in the next month.
I know! Where the fuck is it. :(

They don't even have a date for the next simulcast like they do for practically every other series.

Eusis

Literally the worst battle shonen ever written.
It reminds me of Smash Bros with everyone at 300% in a way, or at least once you break past 100%. It's like everyone's able to one shot each other, but then they pull a miraculous recovery/asspull and oneshot the other party instead.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga

It's not much.
Still a better selection than Viz's International Jump.

I think I pay an extra 2 dollars a month so I can read Koe no Katachi, Spirit Circle, Yamada, UQ and occasionally other series like Inside Mari. I doesn't seem like a bad deal particularly not when considering that I use the anime services practically all of the time.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

I thought it was good. Really excited to see Zanpakuto maker in battle. Good to see the Royal Guard not going out like punks. Pulling the ol' Fake Karakura Town out.

PK Gaming

One Piece

Mark it, this is the best flashback in the entire series. Any flashback that makes me feel sympathy for Doflamingo deserves praise. The continued development of Doflamingo's crew is also appreciated.

It looks like Oda's setting up Law to be Luffy's foil.

One Piece

Mark it, this is the best flashback in the entire series. Any flashback that makes me feel sympathy for Doflamingo deserves praise. The continued development of Doflamingo's crew is also appreciated.

It looks like Oda's setting up Law to be Luffy's foil.

How so? I haven't noticed that at all

I think I pay an extra 2 dollars a month so I can read Koe no Katachi, Spirit Circle, Yamada, UQ and occasionally other series like Inside Mari. I doesn't seem like a bad deal particularly not when considering that I use the anime services practically all of the time.

yeah, I upgraded my anime sub to the anime + manga sub not long ago to read Orange.

It's pretty nice.

dramatis

omfg there's a La Mulana slapping game. I never knew I needed this.
It's a homage to their "Rose and Camellia" game. Those two games are wrist-destroyers.

This one has fabulous dialogue though, easy to get into even if I never played La Mulana. Rose and Camellia was about a girl bitchslapping her way through all of the women in the family of the man she wanted to marry or something.

Each opponent has a weak point, if that helps.

Quixzlizx

I tried posting in MangaGAF a few years ago, but quickly stopped when I realized that 80% of the posts were about the Big 3 and nobody seemed to be reading the same stuff I was.

The difference in Fuuka vs. KNIM/Suzuka is that the characters are not abrasive people you want to see fail.

Yuzuki and Haruto were more socially inept to an enraging degree than abrasive. Yuzuki wasn't even actually that inept; she just went completely off the rails at key points when Seo needed drama bombs.

dani_dc

Yet they did several iterations of Haruhi, Clannad (a most unnecessary one), K-On! and Free! (to the delight of DTL). Go figure.

Wasn't Haruhi follow up a completely screw up?
I recall them talking about re-airing the original series in the "chronological order", and then out of nowhere put the S2 episodes in the middle of this "re-airing".

I stopped following their series around the time they made Clannad.

dani_dc

I tried posting in MangaGAF a few years ago, but quickly stopped when I realized that 80% of the posts were about the Big 3 and nobody seemed to be reading the same stuff I was.
One of the great things about the current format of MangaGAF is howit allowed me to learn of mangas that aren't "Big 3".

Yuzuki and Haruto were more socially inept to an enraging degree than abrasive. Yuzuki wasn't even actually that inept; she just went completely off the rails at key points when Seo needed drama bombs.

Unfortunately I've also met people that would randomly go off rails like Yuzuki.

And Haruto emotional attachment to Yuzuki, while extremely unhealthy, wasn't flat out batshit insane like Yamato.

Edit: Bah, I thought Quix had posted after me.

Zweizer

Banned

I'm curious, what were you reading back then?
One has to wonder how MangaGAF has managed to last this long under this kind of climate, and how the transition to the state it is now occured.

I recall them talking about re-airing the original series in the "chronological order", and then out of nowhere put the S2 episodes in the middle of this "re-airing".

I think KyoAni wanted to troll their audience with this and the meta Endless Eight.
I can see why people would drop after Clannad, but they did some worthwhile stuff afterwards.

PK Gaming

How so? I haven't noticed that at all

I'm stupid, I meant to say parallel.

He's got the D initial, they both have similarly rough childhoods (Law's is noticeably more tragic, but they both do a lot of trudging around in the trash), they both wore big hats...

They kind of look similar as children too.

Yet they did several iterations of Haruhi, Clannad (a most unnecessary one), K-On! and Free! (to the delight of DTL). Go figure.

Haruhi was popular then.

Everyone loves KeyDrama.

I don't think anyone expected K-On! to become that popular.

That fujoishi market.

I think the most unnecessary thing they done so far is Chuu2ChuuChuu.

It was originally just a rebroadcast of the 1st season. And yeah, new episodes suddenly appeared. And then they did Endless Eight which was the greatest thing of mankind.

LeleSocho

Banned
Clannad (a most unnecessary one).
You want a flying kick on the head yes?

Haruhi sequel was a screw up because of the ∞8 but at first it was seen like the second coming of jesus.

I don't think anyone expected K-On! to become that popular.
It never deserved it in any case if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom