• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

volgihn

Suzuka 70-90

Suzuka "confessed" in front of dead senpais grave. I Still feel bad for Honoka but I'm glad she is moving on. Yamato continues to make stupid decisions and Suzuka is still bipolar. Yui is easily the best girl so far, too bad Yamato will not end up with her. I have a feeling most of the upcoming drama will involve Yamatos track rival. 3 more weeks to end this I can't wait.

dani_dc

I wouldn't be able to rest easily if I wasn't sure! And there's always the worst worst girl!
You'll be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't consider Yuzuki Eba as the worst girl. Few times have I seen such unanimous opinion in the internet.

Suzuka 70-90

Suzuka "confessed" in front of dead senpais grave. I Still feel bad for Honoka but I'm glad she is moving on. Yamato continues to make stupid decisions and Suzuka is still bipolar. Yui is easily the best girl so far, too bad Yamato will not end up with her. I have a feeling most of the upcoming drama will involve Yamatos track rival. 3 more weeks to end this I can't wait.

You know this manga would be a lot more better if Yamato was based. By breaking up with Suzuka and saying he was tired of her bipolar shit. But alas he's a moron who likes a girl that treats him like shit and thinks she's fuckin amazing. I still don't understand how he can deal with her personality.

Yeah Yui is the best girl so far, but too bad she will be ignored by Yamato even though she's far superior to Suzuka.

rrvv

ZnKe3y9.png

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 104

well that is not fair!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Suzuka 31-60

So here's where a dumb ass love triangle begins. Yamato wants to stay comfortable in his mediocrity, and feels like Suzuka is drifting out of his reach, so he starts dating Honoka because her feelings make him feel good about himself. But obviously, he feels nothing for her, since he's just using her as a distraction from getting rejected by Suzuka. Seriously, fuck him for molesting Honoka, the fucking creep. Since he feels guilty for it, he tries to act like a good boyfriend, but thankfully Nana calls him on his complete lack of romantic feeling shit.

As much as I'd like to pile all of the blame on Yamato, it's not all his fault. Holy fucking shit, Honoka. She clearly sees that Yamato likes Suzuka, and in a fit of jealousy, throws her feelings onto him. And then she thinks he'd move on so quickly? She's so dumb. She never talked honestly with him about his feelings, nothing. They just went through the motions the whole time. And then she gets so insecure about it whenever Suzuka is around, like what the shit. She sees all the signs that he still likes Suzuka and just ignores it. It takes him going with Suzuka to buy a present (seriously, what the fuck Yamato, you even lied to her about it) for her to finally realize how stupid this all is. I can't believe she still wants to date him after how fucking idiotic and wishy washy he's been. What is wrong with this girl. At least she realized she's so fucking insecure.

And so we get to Suzuka. This girl is so stupid. When she stays over his house, she turns down every invitation to kill time until the dad returns. How fucking awkward is that for his family to witness this girl being a complete frigid asshole to their son? She could've just treated it as a friend thing, stupid jealous idiot. Also his reenactment of his middle school confession was so cheesy and bad. And so was them bonding over her trying to kick him out of the laundromat because of her underwear thing. And she can't even be honest with her fucking friend. Hashiba is such a bro, although I can't believe she actually says Yamato is the heart of the team, when he does fuck all.

Also my fucking god, Yamato. "I dunno why, but I'm going to become no. 1 so that this chick likes me!" Like what the fuck.

Rest of the impressions come later.

P.S. Hi Score Girl did the missed train cliche better.

Jintor

I started reading Yotsuba in Japanese. Thankfully some kind soul out there made a vocab list page by page. No grammar rules though so the slang/kansai-ben is destroying me lol

Damn once again there's a Tarot card number in Tokyo Ghoul:Re chapter.

2288b8059049b9bde180930a813c0748.jpg

The zipper that's on Haise's coat forms a number 8. The number 8 in the Major Arcana Tarot card symbolizes strength......

Self-control — Being solid — Patience — Compassion
Composure — Stability — Perseverance — Moderation
Kindness — Gentleness — Slowness — Softness
Serenity — Comprehension — Discipline — Inner strength

I guess that means we have a stable MC for now that is.

dani_dc

Gundam Sousei 1-End

When I heard about the series I was told it was a manga about the creation of Gundam, I took this as the manga beinge about the creation of the robot Gundam, not the series, so I thought it would be a science-robotics focused manga.

So you can imagine I was caught by surprised when I started reading it.

Instead it's a series about Yoshiyuki Tomino, creater of Gundam, and his quest to change anime.

I knew nothing of Gundam before this, I assumed it was one of those Super Robot animes the series often mentions, instead it's apparently a War drama and I'm legitimately curious about the series, I think I spent as much time reading online about things mentioned in the manga as I did reading the manga itself (Was Sayla pink nipple story true or false?! I must know!), which I think is one the better things you can say about a manga of this type.

I started reading Yotsuba in Japanese. Thankfully some kind soul out there made a vocab list page by page. No grammar rules though so the slang/kansai-ben is destroying me lol

Where could one find that list?

B.O.O.M

Just read the latest Shingeki No Kyojin

All my wuts?! 0_0 This series never ever disappoints..I mean holy shit I did NOT see that coming

Revo

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated 1-28 (end) (spoilers probably)

A really interesting read. I enjoyed it a lot. Really kept me thinking throughout the entire thing. This+Gundam Sousei probably would make the entire book club worth it even if the other weeks were crap.

So far Munou no Hito is the weak link, but a large part of that is the only 4 chapters (another part is the depressing nature of it).

I had only heard of Parasyte (and read) before this, so I'm glad I decided to read along. Hopefully the remaining 3 are also as high quality as these.

dani_dc

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated is the next one to check, I'm more excited for that than I was about Gundam Sousei.

I looked that one up too

Was a little disappointed when I found out it was fake

But there was at least a pin-up right?

T_T

http://livingjapanese.com/pages/yotsubato_reading_pack1.html

You can pay $10 if you want or you can just d/l it, author don't mind. (I paid because fuck it why not, but we don't all have a mountain of paypal money I can't use any other way really)
Many thanks, I'll check it out and try to send him the $10 in the future.
I remember trying to read Yotsuba and learn as I go with a dictionary, but I didn't get much luck with it, so this should help a lot.

Shengar

Maybe that's just me but in most fiction, and especially manga, I find the villains way more appealing than the protagonists :¬|

It because Xin is your usual shounen protagonist while Lu Buwei have the motivation that mostly found in seinen manga. I wouldn't call someone like Lu Buwei a "villain" though since that word associated with someone truly despicable (like Kanki, but when he become the enemy), and the Qin chancellor while indeed somewhat despicable, there are just some of his personality that's admirable.

dani_dc

It because Xin is your usual shounen protagonist while Lu Buwei have the motivation that mostly found in seinen manga. I wouldn't call someone like Lu Buwei a "villain" though since that word associated with someone truly despicable (like Kanki, but when he become the enemy), and the Qin chancellor while indeed somewhat despicable, there are just some of his personality that's admirable.

My favourite parts of Kingdom are the ones when Xin isn't there, mostly the political stuff, I really feel Xin hurts the manga.

Quixzlizx

In most cases the main female character from almost all of Seo's manga is the worst girl.

Eba is truly the worst.

But Fuuka is the best girl.

And Yuzuki isn't even the worst girl. Well, she was probably the worst for Haruto due to jerking him around (although he ended up doing the same to her), but that girl who thought she was dating him the entire series was worst girl. Nanami was pretty bad, too, and her look reminded me of Suzuka.

Although I do think it would've been better if Eba Rin had killed Yuzuki and taken her place.

But Fuuka is the best girl.

And Yuzuki isn't even the worst girl. Well, she was probably the worst for Haruto due to jerking him around (although he ended up doing the same to her), but that girl who thought she was dating him the entire series was worst girl. Nanami was pretty bad, too, and her look reminded me of Suzuka.

Although I do think it would've been better if Eba Rin had killed Yuzuki and taken her place.

A girl who dates a guy who's dying without having any feelings for him and doing it just to pity him. When he could of spent his precious time with somebody that actually had feelings for him. Yeah nobody compares, Yuzuki is the fuckin worst.

And Akari is a hella lot better than Yuzuki. But really Azuka should of won, she's the best girl.

Attack on Titan 61-62

Well that was an expected twist, but looks like some other crazy stuff is about to be revealed.

However, I reaaally need to read this through again to get a good grip on what's happening. Monthly series are real killers.

Shengar

Hayachine! 07

Going fishing seems so MARVELOUS.

I love this series so much.
Why is this smells like Barakamon? Is it similar?
My favourite parts of Kingdom are the ones when Xin isn't there, mostly the political stuff, I really feel Xin hurts the manga.
That's the reason why Coalition War Arc is the best arc! :p
Shin is hardly there, most of the time we see big names going off against each other. Chotou, and Kanki, defends from Gohoumei and the Han general (who was his name again?) assaults, Ousen make the fool out of Ordo, Tou make the stand against Karin onslaught, and of course the manliest duel between Moubou and Kanmei. Even in Siege of Sai against Riboku, its mostly Sei's showrather than Shin.

But to be fair, Xin shows development lately and I hope he'll turned into full fledged, respectable general.

Nooo! Paula!
She's so much better than charizard.

Prepares for disagreements.
I hate charizard for all of its overatedness
But no hate to Panda-kun though <3

Dresden

Gundam Sousei 1-End
(Was Sayla pink nipple story true or false?! I must know!)

I looked that one up too

Was a little disappointed when I found out it was fake

MY WORLD IS CRUMBLING

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated 1-28 (end) (spoilers probably)

A really interesting read. I enjoyed it a lot. Really kept me thinking throughout the entire thing. This+Gundam Sousei probably would make the entire book club worth it even if the other weeks were crap.

So far Munou no Hito is the weak link, but a large part of that is the only 4 chapters (another part is the depressing nature of it).

I had only heard of Parasyte (and read) before this, so I'm glad I decided to read along. Hopefully the remaining 3 are also as high quality as these.

No. 5 is the first one out of the lot that I've yet to read, so I'm looking forward to it quite a bit. And Banana is ... well, you'll see.

---

Last two weeks as a reminder for others:

Oct. 12th ~ Oct. 19th: No.5, Taiyou Matsumoto

Bonus Mode: Banana Bread Pudding, Yuuko Ooshima

---

Oct. 19th ~ Oct. 26th: Super-Conductive Brain / "Choudennou Paraxis", Shintaro Kago

Bonus Mode: Boys on the Run, Kengo Hanazawa

It was just Boys on the Run before, but... still not fully translated. :( The Kago is only a single volume, but it's very good, probably his finest work.

Dresden

http://livingjapanese.com/pages/yotsubato_reading_pack1.html

You can pay $10 if you want or you can just d/l it, author don't mind. (I paid because fuck it why not, but we don't all have a mountain of paypal money I can't use any other way really)

Reminds me of a calvin & hobbes volume I had, one side in korean, the other in english. Didn't help my english one bit, but I read the hell out of it anyways.

Think I'll pick this up and maybe get started on learning JP.

Why is this smells like Barakamon? Is it similar?

It's similar in setting. City folks get tossed to rural area.

It's different in that it seems more of a coming to age story of the young boy instead of a young adult discovering himself.

It's just as cute and awesome as Barakamon though.

Shengar

I'll say it's better to try reading the first few chapters of Sen to Man to get your fix.

It's similar in setting. City folks get tossed to rural area.

It's different in that it seems more of a coming to age story of the young boy instead of a young adult discovering himself.

It's just as cute and awesome as Barakamon though.
Since it's so hard to find Barakamon these days, I should check those out soon
Also keep a phone to someone fluent on hand because seriously fuck kansai-ben right now lol
Where do you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom