• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

A girl who dates a guy who's dying without having any feelings for him and doing it just to pity him. When he could of spent his precious time with somebody that actually had feelings for him. Yeah nobody compares, Yuzuki is the fuckin worst.

And Akari is a hella lot better than Yuzuki. But really Azuka should of won, she's the best girl.

Due to THIS IS SEOOOOOOOOOOOOO, once a character locks onto someone romantically, all other people are distractions at best, so I don't think Kazama would've paid romantic attention to Asakura regardless of whether Yuzuki showed back up or not. And he was just as much of a prick for using his illness to get her back.

I was talking about Nagoshi as worst girl in my previous post, not Akari, who is pretty awesome.

Haruto should've stayed with Asuka, though.

Fox318

I think impressions posts should at least convey enough information to prove someone read the chapters, or at least enough effort to rip off someone else's impressions post.

Main character is an idiot
Suzuka is an idiot

Mangaka went from writing a ecchi bathhouse harem manga to a bad sports manga to a bad romance manga.

None of the characters are relatable in the slightest.

Main characters manages to be stupid in wanting to be with Suzuka and then when he is in a relationship with Suzuka he doesn't appear to understand what it means to be in a relationship.

Each of the chapters goes by at a snails pace and nothing really happens. Its like somebody decided to write filler chapters for every chapter.

The Tsuda angle feels forced to try and create some sympathy for Suzuka. Especially since the story was spaced apart over so many chapters.

Honoka is the closest thing to a relatable character in the series and she comes across as pathetic.

Fox318

Suzuka is like a manga made by a computer

It has the following

• Sports
  • Boobs
  • Harem
  • Romance
  • Tsunadre
  • Idol photo shoots
  • Tragady
  • Main Character who saves the life of lead girl
  • Fated Romance
  • Sister-Brother incest angle

Only thing its missing is a cute animals and magic or supernatural powers.

dani_dc

Fuuka 35

It's as if each week Seo is trying to contrast Fuuka with Suzuka, last week was the kiss, this week the names (Yamato and Suzuka still aren't on first name basis after some 15 chapters of dating).
I'm really glad I'm reading Suzuka, if nothing else due to this contrasts between the two mangas.

As for the chapter itself, I wonder why he was so adamant about selling the guitar.
Fuuka is still as cute as always. And turns out You knows how to sing!

Reminds me of a calvin & hobbes volume I had, one side in korean, the other in english. Didn't help my english one bit, but I read the hell out of it anyways.

Think I'll pick this up and maybe get started on learning JP.
Wait, you're Korean?

Shengar

In US, yeah, but I'm not living there.
Many manga licensed here though, it is just the publisher (yes just one) doing zero effort in marketing them.

1413165230065.jpg

Please don't tell me this is MangaGaf :0

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
In US, yeah, but I'm not living there.
Many manga licensed here though, it is just the publisher (yes just one) doing zero effort in marketing them.

Ah, fair enough. Same thing here, but my manga store gets US imports.

Though I'm just going to get it through book depository.

Setsuna Graffiti 01-02

A coming of age story of a boy who's terrified of fire and a sorcerer's apprentice as they both dream of becoming pyrotechnicians.

I like it. Good amount of humor, the characters seem fun, the fire drama wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely interested in reading more.

Shengar

Ah, fair enough. Same thing here, but my manga store gets US imports.

Though I'm just going to get it through book depository.
Book Depository get expensive lately and I can't buy from them so freely either because they are still expensive

I always thought you were.....like what dani_dc said
Maybe the avatar combined with the user name makes thing you are a canadian that like to fish beside the river.

LeleSocho

Banned
WHAT!! Dresden isn't a Candian dude living in Yukon in a cabin by the river behind mountain?

O: News to me

That would've been a dream... i mean he's a cool mod, has a Jumbo avatar... if he lived in Yukon by the river i would've questioned my sexuality (always if Dresden is a man).

That would've been a dream... i mean he's a cool mod, has a Jumbo avatar... if he lived in Yukon by the river i would've questioned my sexuality (always if Dresden is a man).
I thought he would be typing away on his laptop with his sled dog by his side as he sits by the river monitoring GAF while drinking some maple flavored JOE
I wonder why people thought Dresden was Canadian in particular.

I'm Portuguese.
Idk man the username plus that avatar pic

LeleSocho

Banned
I thought he would be typing away on his laptop with his sled dog by his side as he sits by the river monitoring GAF while drinking some maple flavored JOE

Idk man the username plus that avatar pic

While checking his sieve every now and then in search for gold...

Yeah it's the username+avatar that does the trick.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Main character is an idiot
Suzuka is an idiot

Mangaka went from writing a ecchi bathhouse harem manga to a bad sports manga to a bad romance manga.

None of the characters are relatable in the slightest.

Main characters manages to be stupid in wanting to be with Suzuka and then when he is in a relationship with Suzuka he doesn't appear to understand what it means to be in a relationship.

Each of the chapters goes by at a snails pace and nothing really happens. Its like somebody decided to write filler chapters for every chapter.

The Tsuda angle feels forced to try and create some sympathy for Suzuka. Especially since the story was spaced apart over so many chapters.

Honoka is the closest thing to a relatable character in the series and she comes across as pathetic.

Don't say that some of us haven't warned you.

Like I said before, even Nisekoi is Shakespeare compared to Suzuka and especially KNIM. And this is me saying it even after considering that I want to punch Nisekoi's MC for being so stupid and indecisive.

Fox318

Don't say that some of us haven't warned you.

Like I said before, even Nisekoi is Shakespeare compared to Suzuka and especially KNIM. And this is me saying it even after considering that I want to punch Nisekoi's MC for being so stupid and indecisive.

This is the second time I have read Suzuka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom