• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

But Tatsumi has immunity

y'know what I'm not thinking about this anymore. You guys just need to warn me, then I can keep Mein safe forever by not reading anymore. My logic is flawless.

CoolS

Beelzebub ending really makes me sad somehow. Always enjoyed it but it did feel so very rushed lately.

Toriko

I don't know. So he got Komatsu back. But... how???

Dresden

Oh good, more rage

Manga creator Kouji Seo (A town where you live, Suzuka) is launching a new series called Fūka in this year's 11th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine on February 12. The magazine is making the announcement in the 10th issue on Wednesday.

The protagonist Yū Haruna moves into a town and meets a strange girl named Fūka (whose name has kanji characters for "wind" and "summer"). This girl who is like a summer wind possesses a mysterious power to attract people.

Aizo

Banned
A female MC in a story by Seo? Sexism inbound.
Keep in mind that I've never read any of his other garbage besides Rage Town. The one with Suzuka for the title probably has a female MC... I won't be reading that, though.

Stulaw

A female MC in a story by Seo? Sexism inbound.
Keep in mind that I've never read any of his other garbage besides Rage Town. The one with Suzuka for the title probably has a female MC... I won't be reading that, though.

Suzuka has a male MC, he's pretty stupid
and constantly makes the same mistakes, he made the ultimate (and slightly different) mistake in the end as he didn't wear a condom

upandaway

Toriko (is back~)

Pretty huge time skip, so now we'll be playing catch up for a while.. The relationship between Toriko and Komatsu with the Gourmet World is practically identical to how it was to the Human World back in the beginning of the manga. It gave me a fuzzy feeling for a little bit.

LeleSocho

Banned
Oh so Beelzebub is ending? My brother will be mad, he just started reading it and he's liking it :D

Toriko
So in the end it's only a year of timeskip? I don't even know if i would really consider it a time skip lol

Man where the hell are my Koe no Katachi and ShokuSoma chapters? the raws and translation are been out there for centuries.

upandaway

Toriko
So in the end it's only a year of timeskip? I don't even know if i would really consider it a time skip lol
I wasn't really expecting it. Toriko's powerups are completely separate from any time variable, so it could have been fine with like a month timeskip or something and he could have acted just as powerful. A year (and a half, since last chapter was right after Komatsu was kidnapped) means a lot went down with other characters though.

Fairy Tail

Wow Mashima no fanservice? You are slipping bro.

Anyways Jellal avoids death for now while plot device makes the seal and his death meaningless.

Lets see if Dragons make an appearance soon since shit is really going down.

LeleSocho

Banned
I wasn't really expecting it. Toriko's powerups are completely separate from any time variable, so it could have been fine with like a month timeskip or something and he could have acted just as powerful. A year (and a half, since last chapter was right after Komatsu was kidnapped) means a lot went down with other characters though.

Well considering that they spent 6 months for an healing arc this isn't that much in the end.

GAF I'm conflicted, the new Fairy Tail chapter is out, but I'm in an amphitheatre for a lesson right now. So people should directly see what I'm reading.

What to do ?

[Fugo]

Toriko is finally back!!

And back to the sense of wonder and exploration of new environments that was a bit missing in the last fighting-centered volumes.
I'm expecting a bit of a backstory on how did Toriko rescue Komatsu. I don't think he can handle Midora even with the current powerup, my guess is a temporary truce between the IGO and the Bishokukai to face the NEO threat

Kreed

Beelzebub 237:

Oh so Beelzebub is ending? My brother will be mad, he just started reading it and he's liking it :D

There's nothing in the current chapter that says anything about the manga ending. What people in this thread are reacting to is on the last panel there's text that says "The Final Battle begins with the ringing of a bell". IMO the author is talking about the final battle for this arc, which has had a lot of battles and Oga/Beel are now fighting the main antagonist. But it wouldn't surprise me if this manga does end soon, it has really dropped in quality.

CoolS

Beelzebub 237:

There's nothing in the current chapter that says anything about the manga ending. What people in this thread are reacting to is on the last panel there's text that says "The Final Battle begins with the ringing of a bell". IMO the author is talking about the final battle for this arc, which has had a lot of battles and Oga/Beel are now fighting the main antagonist. But it wouldn't surprise me if this manga does end soon, it has really dropped in quality.

Personally, I was thinking it is ending because the last few chapters feel rushed as hell.

Be'el is gone.
Everything went to shit.
Everyone sacrifices themselves for Oga.
"You need to get Be'el back.
Oh there he is, but no time for a reunion, we have to fight! btw. Be'els Mom is fine.
Avenge everyone!

The end (probably)

Just the feeling I'm having, especially since it's been at the bottom of the rankings recently.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toriko

Me before the break: Alright, time for an epic showdown where Toriko breaks into the Gourmet Corp HQ to save Komatsu!

Chapter comes out: Wait, it happened offscreen?! What the hell?

Look, Shimabukuro? I know you're friends with Oda, and you're really trying to be like One Piece, but here's the thing about the One Piece timeskip. It was nothing but training. Here, you had a set-up for a rescue, but you completely pass it over.

You better show it in a flashback...

Koe no Katachi 23

Finally gave up on waiting for the translated chapter and hunted down a thread with translations on /a/.

Now I almost wish I hadn't. God fucking damnit Japan, fuck you and your romance cliches.

To be fair, how was he supposed to understand? She's apparently impossible to understand when talking.

Akito

Akame ga Kiru v2
The story is still quite formulaic, just pairing up Tatsumi with a different member of the squad while throwing in another douchebag target to kill is quite lazy. The art is alright but I don't find the fights to be terribly exciting so far. Still, I will stay for the deaths, RIP scissors girl.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko

Me before the break: Alright, time for an epic showdown where Toriko breaks into the Gourmet Corp HQ to save Komatsu!

Chapter comes out: Wait, it happened offscreen?! What the hell?

Look, Shimabukuro? I know you're friends with Oda, and you're really trying to be like One Piece, but here's the thing about the One Piece timeskip. It was nothing but training. Here, you had a set-up for a rescue, but you completely pass it over.

You better show it in a flashback...

You had the wrong premise that Toriko would break into Midora's HQ to rescue Komatsu, but Komatsu didn't need any rescue since now Midora is one of the good guys and probably left him go with Toriko without any fight... or at worst he had one of those test-fights to see if Toriko is worthy or something like that.

Kurita

The new Nobunaga no Chef cover is the shit
i7TPrqNKXkkDP.JPG

Akito

The new Nobunaga no Chef cover is the shit
No words about it getting a drama series?

Akame ga Kiru v3
The fights on the cruiser ship were cool I guess, Tatsumi finally got a power up so he can stop being a whiny little bitch (hopefully). All that at the expense of pompadour guy though, RIP.

Kurita

Well, it's just the second season of the drama and since there are like two people on GAF who watched the first one... :kurita

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Pretty good timing then. :p

(actually the drama probably got the translations going. I think it was like 5 volumes in when it first started.)

Akito

Akame ga Kiru v4
Oh mango logic you so predictable, the moment Esdese mentioned she wants a lover I knew it's going to be Tatsumi and then she just conveniently organized a tournament for him to participate in. Predictability is was admittedly a funny ordeal to observe and true to being a shounen protagonist rather than tapping that ass Tatsume rather spent the time being frightened. His escape was a little convenient, too. RIP no one this volume, well that was weird.

Defuser

Akame Ga Kill
Holy shit yes Mein!!!! Despite me being happy that Mein won but its quite obvious how it may happen:

-Akame feels irritated by the news, realized her feelings for Tatsumi.
-Mein gets killed.
-Tatsumi mourns and get broken down really bad.
-Akame comforts him.
-???
-Akame wins this because she has her name on the title series and she is still considered as a main character.

Fuck........ :(

Toriko
Time skip is around a year and a half

For comparison Naruto was 2 years

That Pelican is LVL 700 I wonder if Toriko could take it on

Also the Human world is as fucked as when Midora was a child

Also that Land Sea guys

So awesome

Aizo

Banned
Suzuka has a male MC, he's pretty stupid
and constantly makes the same mistakes, he made the ultimate (and slightly different) mistake in the end as he didn't wear a condom

Did the love interest get pregnant? Wouldn't it be strange if KNIM ended that way? Personally, I hope Haruto gets some sort of STI.

Akito

Akame ga Kiru v6
Oh hey, Tatsumi and Esdese conveniently get teleported to an uninhabited island, hijinks ensue and they then somehow get teleported back. I do appreciate some background infos for Esdese but that was just a roundabout way to say she's always been like that. A "decisive battle" incoming eh, bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom