• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

It's bothering me that, on its current pace, Fuuka is going to end up being worse than KNIM. KNIM rage kind of just simmered beneath the surface the whole way through with how foolishly the characters reacted to events around them. Fuuka is a bunch of pretty likeable characters put into shitty/stupid/boring circumstances right now.

Finalow

I'm sure that at least half of the people in the Wall of Shame are proud to be there.

especially if you hit that top 3. ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

rrc1594

It's bothering me that, on its current pace, Fuuka is going to end up being worse than KNIM. KNIM rage kind of just simmered beneath the surface the whole way through with how foolishly the characters reacted to events around them. Fuuka is a bunch of pretty likeable characters put into shitty/stupid/boring circumstances right now.

Yeah and Yuu is a likable MC unlike that dick Haruto

dani_dc

The choice of the WoS artwork is always so good... i need to post more to see what mine could be, the thought of me being at the top makes me go doki doki.

I have to say that I wonder the same, but there's no way I could ever get to Zweizer level.

Fuuka was pretty enjoyable up until right after her funeral. It's just kind of a mess right now,
but I'm hoping it will pick up when the new Fuuka starts getting more protagonism and Seo goes back to his usual focus.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 104

Actually I guess it makes sense in retrospect, keeping in line with the entire manga's consistency so far (like how both preliminary blocks had identical developments, etc). Soma's getting likened to his father who lost to Doujima, too, so this is the most "standard" development when I look at it like that.

Anyway like I said before I think loyalty is a really fun and neat trait in a character so I dig the Hayama-Jun thing. I don't see any problem with the judging methodology either or the way the match was played out (except for that one Soma chapter-long feint), everything's kosher.
Usually a shonen would have the protagonist go through a sulking->re-motivationing phase after a big loss, so I'm happy they shielded Soma from that ever happening to him through canon. gg Isshiki.

I'm a bit upset that they're counting Mimasaka in the Erina harem, but ignoring that jerk, I think the one I like the least out of them is Ryou. I don't really feel anything about that guy.

(kinda scared to go back and look at the comments for these chapters, i have no clue what the consensus was)

I didn't like that Hayama is portrayed as an arrogant dick for no real reason. Why does every rival have to be an arrogant dick? I'm not saying he needs some other generic manga personality, it just got more and more annoying every time he did a dick thing.

Real quick, I starting think It wasn't even a big deal.

For Hiyori it was since the hospital is inhireted through generations from the family. It was really important for her family and her actions caused the hospital to be destroyed, thus the guilt. Also there is the fact that her mother could have died.

I cant shake the feeling that it was too easy for Hiyori to revert back to normal. tho

Quixzlizx

I didn't like that Hayama is portrayed as an arrogant dick for no real reason. Why does every rival have to be an arrogant dick? I'm not saying he needs some other generic manga personality, it just got more and more annoying every time he did a dick thing.

I know I already said this in the previous thread, but I think Erina is way more of an "arrogant dick" than Hayama.

Hayama exudes obnoxious levels of self-confidence, but he hasn't actually done or said anything mean-spirited/cruel to anyone.

Fuuka was pretty enjoyable up until right after her funeral. It's just kind of a mess right now,
but I'm hoping it will pick up when the new Fuuka starts getting more protagonism and Seo goes back to his usual focus.

I hope it doesn't take 50 more chapters of growing legends.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I know I already said this in the previous thread, but I think Erina is way more of an "arrogant dick" than Hayama.

Hayama exudes obnoxious levels of self-confidence, but he hasn't actually done or said anything mean-spirited/cruel to anyone.

She's been portrayed as one from the beginning based on her heritage as a spoiled rich girl with insane talent a la Sasuke Uchiha.

Hayama's a dude of the street with a crush on his teacher. Why does he continue to tell Soma how shitty he is again? Why doesn't he just give out a handshake and be like "gg"? Instead he's like "fuk u 3d place"

Quixzlizx

She's been portrayed as one from the beginning based on her heritage as a spoiled rich girl with insane talent a la Sasuke Uchiha.

Hayama's a dude of the street with a crush on his teacher. Why does he continue to tell Soma how shitty he is again? Why doesn't he just give out a handshake and be like "gg"? Instead he's like "fuk u 3d place"

He might have a complex because he's from the streets, like how Kurokiba is a rageaholic after growing up in the culinary Thunderdome.

dani_dc

I hope it doesn't take 50 more chapters of growing legends.
I'm thinking 10 chapters, basically enough to get thus battle of the bands and contest solved.
Nisekoi 157

Calling it: he will fake-marry her now so she falls under the protection of the Yakuza.
That crossed my mind, but it would be such an odd direction for the series to take. Would be interesting to see.

Don't give up! You can do it~

I'm not quite sure I want to.

Unless he's has some distant heritage i guess (if they want to expand on the nose thing) *shrug*

and its funny that the person he's being shitty to have proven a few times that they can be at his level already but yet its still "u suck" LOLOLOL

OpqvLsW.png

Nothing like having your first read of the day consisting of a loving yandere girlfriend and a sadistic bitch with heart pupils.

somedevil

Indeed.

Saitama is such a boss.

Also having read One's version the upcoming stuff should be very interesting with this art and i'll expect it in about 2017 lol

Yep, he only did half of one's chapter for 43. He added some new stuff like
genos cutting off his ponytail
but there is still half a chapter to go.

Quasar

Nisekoi 157

Calling it: he will fake-marry her now so she falls under the protection of the Yakuza.

Certainly she (and tsugumi) will be moving in. And here I thought the fake love deal might actually be disolved/made public. So the status quo isn't really changing at all

So what are you guys reading right now?

1.How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword(Deep thoughtful manga)

2.My Hero Academy(Good fun)

3.Haru no Houtai Shoujo(A good mystery manga)

4.Tsumi to Batsu( Some fucked shit right here)

5.Ana Satsujin( Also some fucked up shit)

So far I'm reading Tokyo Ghoul:Re, D-Gray Man, and The Breaker New Waves.

Need to finish up Beserk.

Chariot

That crossed my mind, but it would be such an odd direction for the series to take. Would be interesting to see.
Well, it would be an direction. That's a start.

Certainly she (and tsugumi) will be moving in. And here I thought the fake love deal might actually be disolved/made public. So the status quo isn't really changing at all
I fear that too. Man, I love Komi Naoshi, but Nisekoi is tedious and I would rather see a series of one of his other oneshots.

Quixzlizx

Sadly this solution will not change anything to the plot. Plus she is moving in on Yui's territory, who is the best girl

The plot will never change. My suggestion was also my prediction.

I'd rather see Marika's trollface as Chitoge gets on the plane.

One Punch-Man ch43

i'm going to assume the curves make him more aerodynamic?

cause otherwise murata is being VERY obvious with what he is trying to do with sonic.

them gymnastic flips are suspect.

survivor

Banned
Master Keaton vol 1
RZ0EoGi.jpg

An episodic manga about an archeologist insurance investigator. Mystery action type of story with more action focus. Though since the protagonist is some invincible former SAS member blessed with the soul of MacGyver, that ends up taking away any of the suspense and tension from all action scenes. Surprisingly enough, there has been some more focus on family accept of the protagonist although who knows for how long that will last after the first volume. They aren't the most interesting bunch.

It's a decent effort. I admire the fact that it is a globally focused manga so not everything in centered in Japan, and at least the writer bothered to put some effort into some research into different cultures even if it's just basic stuff. Although some of the exposition dumps and the characterization moments are a little on the dull side.

Quasar

Sadly this solution will not change anything to the plot. Plus she is moving in on Yui's territory, who is the best girl

That could add some spice at least I guess. Probably also with the relationships between Shitoge and the other girls too. But overall I fear nothing will change.

LeleSocho

Banned
Currently i'm reading:
Boku no hero academia
Toriko
One Piece
Bleach (I've jumped in like 10 chapters ago and i have no intention to read the other 600 chapters)
Mob Psycho
Yotsuba&!
OnePunch-Man (One)
OnePunch-Man (Murata)
Jojolion
Shokugeki no Soma
Baby Steps
Yuyushiki
Amanchu
HXH (does it even count at this point?)

I... think that's all?

Status