• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity, I went and compiled the Wall of Shame of the past 14 OTs. Lo and behold!

lYdJlpZ.png

Grimace and DTL managed to be on every Wall of Shame so far. That's pretty impressive.

Go here for the list containing every member that ever got figured on the MangaGAF Wall of Shame:
http://i.imgur.com/Tw70F1d.png
yo

what the actual fuck

why am I #26

I was only a post off from my birth year

They got married in the second volume?

That was quick. I thought she was trying to hide her fetish.

dumbyugi

Hayate 480

I'm sure the android/Nagi will interupt next chapter but I'd love to see Hamster make some progress with Hayate. It's good to see one of the characters actually go on the offensive at least.

VRMN

Hayate 480

I'm sure the android/Nagi will interupt next chapter but I'd love to see Hamster make some progress with Hayate. It's good to see one of the characters actually go on the offensive at least.

You should know by now that characters only go on offense in Hayate no Gotoku to go down in flames. The only exception to date has been Ruka, but we know what that got her. (Nothing, it got her nothing.) I'm still waiting to see how Konoha does, but it's Hata...it's just a matter of getting to the punch line.

(Unlike Nisekoi, I bear Hayate no grudge. Hayate will occasionally do shit even if most developments are just set ups for jokes.)

dumbyugi

You should know by now that characters only go on offense in Hayate no Gotoku to go down in flames. The only exception to date has been Ruka, but we know what that got her. (Nothing, it got her nothing.) I'm still waiting to see how Konoha does, but it's Hata...it's just a matter of getting to the punch line.

(Unlike Nisekoi, I bear Hayate no grudge. Hayate will occasionally do shit even if most developments are just set ups for jokes.)

I just want someone that isn't Nagi to win in the end. Too bad Hata is slowly removing the other love interests. Athena & Ruka are out and Hamster is destined to lose. I want Hina to win but I just can't see it happening.

kasane

no one is talking about kingdom anymore lol

i wonder if there is a new arc finished or something i wanna read it agian

VRMN

I just want someone that isn't Nagi to win in the end. Too bad Hata is slowly removing the other love interests. Athena & Ruka are out and Hamster is destined to lose. I want Hina to win but I just can't see it happening.

Why is Athena out again? She's chibified, but that's not really a long-term exit. If anything, she's one of the few I would say could wind up with him. Leaving out anyone who hasn't shown interest:

Possible:
Nagi (default winner)
Hina (fan favorite)
Athena (still the only one Hayate's ever said he liked romantically)

Maybe, but Probably Not:
Konoha (hey, she's one of four who's gotten a kiss)
Chiharu (I consider her kind of a dark horse)
Izumi (childhood promise deal keeps her alive by a hair)
Maria (she's become almost invisible, but she's still alive)

No:
Ruka (officially rejected/out)
Isumi (has been reduced to joke character at this point)
Sakuya (at this point Isumi's sidekick or vice versa)
Risa (only interest shown is for jokes)
Miki (see: Risa)
Kayura (I'm not sure she's shown interest, but for good measure)

Finalow

Saitama is such a boss.

Also having read One's version the upcoming stuff should be very interesting with this art and i'll expect it in about 2017 lol
best arc, can't wait see Murata's version of all those enemies and fights.

but yeah, he's so fucking slow that 2017 seems like a good estimate. funny that ONE is even slower so we could expect Murata to catch up in 2018.

dumbyugi

Why is Athena out again? She's chibified, but that's not really a long-term exit. If anything, she's one of the few I would say could wind up with him. Leaving out anyone who hasn't shown interest:

Possible:
Nagi (default winner)
Hina (fan favorite)
Athena (still the only one Hayate's ever said he liked romantically)

Maybe, but Probably Not:
Konoha (hey, she's one of four who's gotten a kiss)
Chiharu (I consider her kind of a dark horse)
Izumi (childhood promise deal keeps her alive by a hair)
Maria (she's become almost invisible, but she's still alive)

No:
Ruka (officially rejected/out)
Isumi (has been reduced to joke character at this point)
Sakuya (at this point Isumi's sidekick or vice versa)
Risa (only interest shown is for jokes)
Miki (see: Risa)
Kayura (I'm not sure she's shown interest, but for good measure)

Athena isn't getting unchibified until the last arc and by then I imagine Hayate will either have chosen someone else or will choose Nagi in the end. Besides that I feel like the end of the Athena arc wrapped up their relationship pretty well. Maria's the real dark horse, she's Hayate's type and I could see the author going for it just to piss everyone off. Konoha will probably be like Ruka, there will be some drama and it'll end with her going away somewhere.

Azure J

Out of curiosity, I went and compiled the Wall of Shame of the past 14 OTs. Lo and behold!

lYdJlpZ.png

Grimace and DTL managed to be on every Wall of Shame so far. That's pretty impressive.

Go here for the list containing every member that ever got figured on the MangaGAF Wall of Shame:
http://i.imgur.com/Tw70F1d.png

Somehow I'm both very curious as to how I manage to stay off these figures despite being around since some of the earliest MangaGAF OTs and relieved as it shows that I haven't spent most of my GAF tenure arguing manga. :lol

She's been portrayed as one from the beginning based on her heritage as a spoiled rich girl with insane talent a la Sasuke Uchiha.

Hayama's a dude of the street with a crush on his teacher. Why does he continue to tell Soma how shitty he is again? Why doesn't he just give out a handshake and be like "gg"? Instead he's like "fuk u 3d place"
They're all dicks, why do you give a shit

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi 157

I wish this would beget some real romance development

but

it's obvious that the beehive gang are going to do something like absolutely promise not to cause trouble with the yakuza, because they were all looking guilty as fuck when Chitoge was upset over not getting to live by herself at the end of the chapter.

My bet is they do something to resolve status quo, because they think she's upset over having to leave Raku behind because she never clarified to anyone not already in the know that they were fake dating.

Seitokai Tantei Kirika 14

Every time. Every fucking time. I don't even know why I don't already expect the MC to always mishear or misunderstand the heroine telling him he likes her.

Aside from that, decent resolution chapter to this arc.

who are you again?

you're back

Yep

Yep, he only did half of one's chapter for 43. He added some new stuff like
genos cutting off his ponytail
but there is still half a chapter to go.

so that was
actually new then since i didn't remember that in the original, lol Sonic

best arc, can't wait see Murata's version of all those enemies and fights.

but yeah, he's so fucking slow that 2017 seems like a good estimate. funny that ONE is even slower so we could expect Murata to catch up in 2018.

OPM One version spoilers

is it the
"former student of Bang gone evil/plus this other group he mingles with" arc that's next? i remember that one being a bit long tbh

Also didn't ONE specifically go on a OPM hiatus so that Murata can catch up? i think i heard that in here but not sure.

somedevil

so that was
actually new then since i didn't remember that in the original, lol Sonic

OPM One version spoilers

is it the
"former student of Bang gone evil/plus this other group he mingles with" arc that's next? i remember that one being a bit long tbh

Also didn't ONE specifically go on a OPM hiatus so that Murata can catch up? i think i heard that in here but not sure.

Yep the chapter was basically after Genos uses his new speed
Sonic busts out the clone technique to hurt Genos. Then saitama does his own times like 100 and beats Sonic

The next arc is like 49 chapters long. Plus for ONE one punch seems to be a side project he updates when he feels like it. His main series is Mob Psycho.

dumbyugi

Assassination Classroom 119

Feels like the story is heading towards the end game. I mean it's still obviously got quite a bit of stuff to go through first but I feel like it's preparing for the final arc. Asano joining E-class will probably happen but I hope it doesn't, I don't really like him much.

Frog-fu

Banned
Vinland Saga 29

I'm considering dropping this manga. There isn't a single sympathetic character in it. It's just a manga about terrible people doing terrible things. I don't need my protagonists to be paragons or even good guys necessarily, but I'd like to not want to see him and his band of cunts to die a horrible death.

Vinland Saga 29

I'm considering dropping this manga. There is a single sympathetic character in it. It's just a manga about terrible people doing terrible things. I don't need my protagonists to be paragons or even good guys necessarily, but I'd like to not want to see him and his band of cunts to die a horrible death.

I mean, this changes a lot as the story progresses

Vinland Saga 29

I'm considering dropping this manga. There is a single sympathetic character in it. It's just a manga about terrible people doing terrible things. I don't need my protagonists to be paragons or even good guys necessarily, but I'd like to not want to see him and his band of cunts to die a horrible death.

oh man does that change

balgajo

About Vinland Saga, don't drop it Frog. Be sure that MC will grow a lot.

Btw, I think that I have some chapters to update.
I stopped when Thorfinn arrived in his home

Finalow

is it the

yes, that's the next arc.
no idea if he said that he was going on hiatus to let Murata catch up but it seems unlikely.

The next arc is like 49 chapters long. Plus for ONE one punch seems to be a side project he updates when he feels like it. His main series is Mob Psycho.
I wouldn't say it's a side project but for some reason (got bored by OPM? :<) he prefers to focus more on Mob Psycho 100 than OPM, which he even started 2-3 years before. sadly it doesn't seem that he's going to change his mind any time soon.

Tsugumomo 55 - 56

was the To-Love Ru artist this person's hero or something since they just take that concept and fucking ran with it LOL.

Also the last part of 56 was sweet even if we didn't see it.

Quixzlizx

Domestic na Kanojo 1-25

Natsuo needs to move out permanently, or he is going to kill himself before he gets to graduation.

Both of the Tachibana sisters are bad news for Natsumo. Ashihara is adorable, but Natsuo is probably bad news for her.

Alright, Natuso, time to have some fun with Momo.

kasane

Domestic na Kanojo 1-25

Natsuo needs to move out permanently, or he is going to kill himself before he gets to graduation.

Both of the Tachibana sisters are bad news for Natsumo. Ashihara is adorable, but Natsuo is probably bad news for her.

everyone in that manga is bad news lmao

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I think everybody has childhood friends
Or maybe I'm missing the joke

WHY MUST THOSE EYES LOOK AT ME WITH SUCH DISDAIN?!

I find it amusing that i come to this topic rarely, find always the worst images of pandering shit posted times and times again, and apparently the things people hate the most is Toriko.
Good job boys, now you can go back and revel in the glory of the artistically relevant and refined 2D sexified underaged girls
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

lolwutm8?

Wall of Shame is up, sorry for the lateness. I had a different idea that I scrapped, so now it's this.

E5c0P8P.jpg

Zweizer is consigned to Seo Kouji for another thread.

Wow, this looks really nice. I'm surprised that I see myself on that list.

*vomits*

Tenshi to Akuto!! 02

Restrain yourself.

It's also hard to understand a shoujo girl's heart.

But it definitely looks like he's going to fall into the world of voice acting from this.

WHY DO YOU KEEP ON INCREASING MY BACKLOG?!?!?!

Domestic na Kanojo 1-25

Lol, the whole house is filled with loonies.

Foolworm

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

How old is Ran and that Hibi fellow again? If they think 6 months is a long time to be apart they should think again.

Edit: Grade 4. Grade 4 and they're kissing already. Wow.

Mob Psycho 100

Setup chapter. Hope the fighting comes fast and furious, and most importantly soon.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Domestic Na Kanojo Chapters 15-25

SERIOUSLY WTF MAN! LIKE SERIOUSLY! WTF!!!! MY EMOTIONS ARE BEING TOYED WITH!!! DON'T GO BACK!! BUT I WANT THE DRAMA!! BUT PLEASE DON'T!!! MY HEART CAN'T HANDLE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom