• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eng translation of what Vito has posted before.

2015 award list for the 8th edition of Manga Taisho

*1. 80 pts Kakukaku Shikajika [josei, slice of life] by Akiko Higashimura (Kuragahime)
*2. 66 pts Kodomo wa Wakatte Agenai [seinen, slice of life] by Rettou Tajima
*3. 65 pts Koe no Katachi [shounen, romance] by Yoshitoki Ooima
*4. 57 pts Boku dake ga Inai Machi [seinen, supernatural] by Kei Sanbe (Mouryou no Yurikago)
*5. 49 pts Blue Giant [seinen, music] by Shinichi Ishizuka
*6. 40 pts Ballroom e Youkuso [shounen, sports] by Tomo Takeuchi
*7. 38 pts Innocent [seinen, historical] by Shinichi Sakamoto (Kokou no Hito)
*8. 36 pts Boku no Hero Academia [shounen, action] by Kouhei Horikoshi
*9. 35 pts Ousama-tachi no Viking [seinen, thriller] by Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass)
10. 30 pts Kasane [seinen, drama] by Daruma Matsuura
11. 28 pts Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun [shounen, comedy] by Izumi Tsubaki (Oresama Teacher)
12. 20 pts Mahoutsukai no Yome [shounen, fantasy] by Kore Yamazaki
13. 18 pts Houseki no Kuni [seinen, sci-fi] by Haruko Ichikawa
14. *8 pts Dormitory Tomkins [slice of life] by Fumiko Takano

From MAL

I find this list to be pretty good and interesting.

Have anyone read Boku dake ga Inai Machi?? I'm reading good comments in several sites.

Handa-kun 09

KYtv9Il.png

Handa-kun has blossomed!

Zweizer

Banned
I was wondering why hekk was so quiet the past week and just noticed that he got banned (RIP).

Anyone has an idea how long of a ban it is?

/slowpoke.jpg

Usobuko

Banned
Have anyone read Boku dake ga Inai Machi?? I'm reading good comments in several sites.

I read Hoozuki no Shima from the same author and thought it was garbage. The kind where it started out interesting but collapsed under its own weight as it goes on and inevitably ended terribly.

I will eventually read this as this seems to be his best work, just without much expectations.

I was wondering why hekk was so quiet the past week and just noticed that he got banned (RIP).

Anyone has an idea how long of a ban it is?

/slowpoke.jpg

just be upfront, no need to be all tsun tsun about it~

---------------------------------------------------

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san 03-04

Yep, she's a stalker

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i see you're back to your old avatar

if dani owns japan that means i can steal it form him

this avatar is actually my alt lol, my cloud is my original one that im known for.

I'm sad too, I loved the anime and manga. What did you not like about the anime?

Horrible pacing in the anime and I couldn't care about the characters, they felt bland and boring.

I think the manga have better pacing than the anime.

I'll go ahead and try the manga then.

Bunch of Comp Ace 10th anniversary illustration got posted, including Akira Ishida's (Canaan, Maou) and the author of Illya manga.

Oh gawd, the glorious buxom on that lady. I don't recognize the second one, is it that spin off series about that little girl in Fate/Zero?

Early April is what I've heard. But you didn't hear it from me

Then who did I hear it from?

Zweizer

Banned
Early April is what I've heard. But you didn't hear it from me

Oh, that's sooner than I expected. Thanks.

just be upfront, no need to be all tsun tsun about it~

I, I have no idea what you're talking about!

Hmpf

Sorry for going slightly off topic, I would love to see the kind of anime's ost people here like.

NeoGAF Top Anime OST - Voting Thread

This reminds me that I need to watch more anime. Off the top of my head:

Cowboy Bebop (the classic, for a good reason)
The Gundam series (can't really pick one in particular, and it's been a while since I watched some of them)
El Cazador de la Bruja (it probably has my favorite Kajiura soundtrack)
Kill la Kill (last anime I watched and was pretty fun)

Usobuko

Banned
This reminds me that I need to watch more anime. Off the top of my head:

Cowboy Bebop (the classic, for a good reason)
The Gundam series (can't really pick one in particular, and it's been a while since I watched some of them)
El Cazador de la Bruja (it probably has my favorite Kajiura soundtrack)
Kill la Kill (last anime I watched and was pretty fun)

Take your time and I meant for you all to post in the thread.

I know Bebop and Eva are fan favourites but I just couldn't find an ost I like more than the ones I had chosen.

wonzo

Banned
This reminds me that I need to watch more anime.
Utena
Angel's Egg
Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer
GITS 1+2 (not the awful "remaster" of the first, sac sux)
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Ping Pong
Trapeze
RIDING BEAN
Gunsmith Cats
VOTOMS
Evangelion (legit owns)

Nisekoi

Huh so Boss Mom is back.... restorer of plot..... protector of logic

I hope the author brought her back for that reason

Oh and we all know it isn't OnoCRAP

Zweizer

Banned
Take your time and I meant for you all to post in the thread.

I know Bebop and Eva are fan favourites but I just couldn't find an ost I like more than the ones I had chosen.

But I only want to share my tastes with you!

(I generallly don't bother with these voting threads.)

Utena
Angel's Egg
Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer
GITS 1+2 (not the awful "remaster" of the first, sac sux)
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Ping Pong
Trapeze
RIDING BEAN
Gunsmith Cats
VOTOMS
Evangelion (legit owns)

I actually watched Riding Bean, though I didn't know they made an anime for Gunsmith Cats as well. Will check out the rest, thanks.

Zweizer

Banned
Don't act as if you have emotions to be toyed with.

How rude! I'll have you know that I have a pretty good range of emotions! Like lust! Or lust! And lust!

I understand and that's nice of you.

I do give some of these threads a look from times to times, generally to see if there's anything interesting to keep in mind, but otherwise I never really find myself the motivation to participate in them (as I'd feel myself the need to write a big-ass dissertation detailing the reasons as to my choices then).

Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare 01-06

Save a fairy, get a wish.
I want a female childhood friend!
Okay! *changes male childhood friend female*

Eh, everyone's in this series is kinda of a jerk expect for childhood friend.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sorry for going slightly off topic, I would love to see the kind of anime's ost people here like.

NeoGAF Top Anime OST - Voting Thread

Mine from that thread

Best anime OST -pending

Best Composer
1 Yoko Kanno she done a lot of genre, from rock, blue, jazz, pop, you have it all. And all of them is great.
2 Shiro Sagisu, his work in Evangelion is phenomenal. Them beautiful orchestra.
3 Yuki Kajiura i really like a lot of her project

Best Song
1.2. Credens Justitiam Madoka Magika Puella Madoka Yuki Kajiura
2. In My Spirit Shiro Sagisu Evangelion 2.0
3.Tank Yoko Kanno Cowboy Beebop

Crocodile

One Punch Man 1-6

LOL at Piccolo just showing up at the beginning. Man "humans suck and are killing the Earth" is a really tired plot point (though it only seems to be for the first encounter).

Anyway, holy shit this is amazing! Hilarious and the art is INSANE. If it's true the Dandy team are working on the anime I'm super hyped! I do wonder if they are going to actually explain how Saitama got so strong so fast or what the deal with all the monsters and aliens and shit that seem to show up like everyday or it will be one of those "just deal with it" things.

Turok_TTZ

Like the last two arcs this is the REAL final arc

also lol at Oboro beig so prideful when he got his ass kicked so many times by the same dude

Yet he stands, still standing in the way of Gintoki.
He got his ass kicked but winning wars > losing battles.

Between him and Takasugi, I prefer Oboro to be final guy. Takasugi too much a jobber who lost both battles and wars to be Gin's final opponent.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
One Punch Man 1-6

LOL at Piccolo just showing up at the beginning. Man "humans suck and are killing the Earth" is a really tired plot point (though it only seems to be for the first encounter).

Anyway, holy shit this is amazing! Hilarious and the art is INSANE. If it's true the Dandy team are working on the anime I'm super hyped! I do wonder if they are going to actually explain how Saitama got so strong so fast or what the deal with all the monsters and aliens and shit that seem to show up like everyday or it will be one of those "just deal with it" things.

Dandy team fucked up big time in the second season of the show, I'm assuming they sucked up all the budget they had for the first 12 episodes, which is ridiculously good and high quality. Let's hope they can repeat this again and make it really fluid and good.

Dandy team fucked up big time in the second season of the show, I'm assuming they sucked up all the budget they had for the first 12 episodes, which is ridiculously good and high quality. Let's hope they can repeat this again and make it really fluid and good.

What? The second season was better in pretty much every way. Episode 21 and the last episode were amazing looking...

Crocodile

giphy.gif

Am I being fucking trolled? If anything the second season had better animation overall than the first (and the first had amazing animation). Granted, obviously not everybody who worked on Space Dandy will work on OPM since that was such a big collaboration (like I don't expect Yuasa to be involved at all) but they are a capable bunch and the director is obviously connected. As long as they are given the time they need, the OPM anime should look great!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What? The second season was better in pretty much every way. Episode 21 and the last episode were amazing looking...

Dude are you serious? There was a HUGE drop in the quality of the animation in my eyes within the first three episodes. I'll go ahead and rewatch it but it was so bad that I had to drop a show I really enjoyed the first time around. The story was probably still really good though by the end of it.

Puruzi

Banned
Dude are you serious? There was a HUGE drop in the quality of the animation in my eyes within the first three episodes. I'll go ahead and rewatch it but it was so bad that I had to drop a show I really enjoyed the first time around. The story was probably still really good though by the end of it.

Bruh.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Am I being fucking trolled? If anything the second season had better animation overall than the first (and the first had amazing animation). Granted, obviously not everybody who worked on Space Dandy will work on OPM since that was such a big collaboration (like I don't expect Yuasa to be involved at all) but they are a capable bunch and the director is obviously connected. As long as they are given the time they need, the OPM anime should look great!

Seriously? God damn, now I really have to go back and rewatch the second season. I dropped it when it got to the episode of them being on an alien planet (which is almost every episode lol)

Paizuri pls ;_;

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/13923/animated-dancing-hironori_tanaka-space_dandy

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14018/animated-background_animation-chikashi_kubota-effe

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14019/animated-bahi_jd-black_and_white-effects-explosion

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14015/animated-background_animation-debris-effects-explo

This shit is like some of the best of TV series animation.

Crocodile

What.gif

tumblr_n8awe8CCoL1qig535o1_500.gif

WOW so terrible am I right guys?! /s

TheChits

Yams...what the fuck?!

Puruzi

Banned
Seriously? God damn, now I really have to go back and rewatch the second season. I dropped it when it got to the episode of them being on an alien planet (which is almost every episode lol)

Paizuri pls ;_;

I'm sorry but Space Dandy s2 is godlike, especially the animation

One Punch Man 1-6

For your own sake please don't be too hyped for the anime adaption. The reason I say this is because every single adaption from Young Jump have been shit. I've already been destroyed by the Tokyo Ghoul adaption and the fact Pierrot is going full milk mode with the series since its really popular in Japan is even more dreadful. So please don't get your expectations too high just for it to be smashed into pieces. I really enjoy OnePunch man but I'm seriously keeping my expectations low so I won't be severly disappointed. I mean how the heck will they be able to animate Murata's top tier art.

RIP OnePunch Man.

Crocodile

One Punch Man 7-14

This continues to be godlike. Sonic seems like a character straight out of Hellsing. So is a super hero group going to end up forming around Saitama building up towards a confrontation with a "big bad"? We just beat the "House of Evolution" (though their boss is still around) and now we have "The Organization"? This is just running full stream with the tropes isn't it? An interesting parody is series is becoming :)

For your own sake please don't be too hyped for the anime adaption. The reason I say this is because every single adaption from Young Jump have been shit. I've already been destroyed by the Tokyo Ghoul adaption and the fact Pierrot is going full milk mode with the series since its really popular in Japan is even more dreadful. So please don't get your expectations too high just for it to be smashed into pieces. I really enjoy OnePunch man but I'm seriously keeping my expectations low so I won't be severely disappointed.

RIP OnePunch Man.

There is little (if any) overlap between the staff of the Tokyo Ghoul animes and the OPM anime so I'm not sure how the Tokyo Ghoul anime turned out should inform the OPM anime. You say adaptations from this magazine tend to turn out bad? What got adapted that turned out bad and by who? You are probably right in that I should temper my expectations - its easier to be pleasantly surprised that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom