• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manga gaf, do you have any good manga.

Happy stuff, or sad whatever.

I am in a horrible place right now.

:( Sorry to hear man we're here if you need us!

If I were you I'd suggest reading a manga with a story that really sucks you in like Hunter x Hunter, not sure what you have or haven't read though

Edit: gonna third the Yotsuba suggestion and I haven't even read it, it's just so adorable

Village

Thank you for caring enough to suggest something, feel free to suggest anything else.

Also yes I have read hunter x hunter, but i stopped and I do not quite know what chapter I need to continue. The part righter after yorknew city i think the

Sorry for bothering you all, I just broke up with a terrible person and it and the whole process messed me up a bit. I already have some issues because horrendous things that happened in the past... my life untill now so, this didn't exactly help anything.

anyways sorry. and thank you

Thank you for caring enough to suggest something, feel free to suggest anything else.

Also yes I have read hunter x hunter, but i stopped and I do not quite know what chapter I need to continue. The part righter after yorknew city i think the

Sorry for bothering you all, I just broke up with a terrible person and it and the whole process messed me up a bit. I already have some issues because horrendous things that happened in the past... my life untill now so this didn't exactly help anything.

Yorkshin ends around chapter 110ish IIRC so check around there, though if it's been awhile I'd suggest starting from the beginning again.

Also I know that feel, it sucks like ass now and you'll think of that person a lot, but eventually you'll realize the happiness you have without their drama/bs is better then whatever physical pleasure they gave you.

wonzo

Banned
Food Smut 25
shokusoma25.png
shokusoma25a.png

so moe it hurts

Silver Spoon 76

Hachiken really needs to stop letting people trample all over him with their unreasonable demands, jeez.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

Sorry for bothering you all, I just broke up with a terrible person and it and the whole process messed me up a bit. I already have some issues because horrendous things that happened in the past... my life untill now so, this didn't exactly help anything.

You'll be aiight breh. Look forward and you'll do fine. Also, another chip in for Yotsuba, it's good for the soul.

survivor

Banned
/Blush-D.C.

This is the worst kind of smut. Gross, stupid, and depressing. Do not read unless you want to hate yourself.

Yeah, don't read this people. And this isn't a trap warning to make you all go read it out of morbid curiosity. There are ways to do stories about sexual abuse in a meaningful way. This isn't one of them nor is it the right approach at all.

Village

Yeah, don't read this people. And this isn't a trap warning to make you all go read it out of morbid curiosity. There are ways to do stories about sexual abuse in a meaningful way. This isn't one of them nor is it the right approach at all.

how bad are we talking?

There comes a time where you need to experience a thing to learn what not to do

I am not going to read now, but when i feel less terribly i might feel like trying.

survivor

Banned
/Blush-D.C
how bad are we talking?

There comes a time where you need to experience a thing to learn what not to do

I am not going to read now, but when i feel less terribly i might feel like trying.

Sex slavery, physical violence, "mind break" and all done in a tasteless serious way. I mean it's not fake smut manga so they have long explicit sex scenes so I guess you can read it for that, but I rather not put up with the story.

Just go read Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru instead to cheer you up.

Village

/Blush-D.C

Sex slavery, physical violence, "mind break" and all done in a tasteless serious way. I mean it's not fake smut manga so they have long explicit sex scenes so I guess you can read it for that, but I rather not put up with the story.

Just go read Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru instead to cheer you up.

So like sun ken rock, but with out good art so its just depressing and horribly written.

Also thanks on the suggestion.

wonzo

Banned
Soredemo 43-50
soredemo46.png

four fucking panels man ;_;

That short haircut fits Hotori really well, almost too well. I really liked the chapter with all the flashbacks to when people first met Hotori but that Time Capsule chapter was just… man. :roymustang

dumbyugi

Paradise Lost

Shitsurakuen1_zps32f2b14f.jpg

This was alright. The art was good, nothing special but not bad. The characters were fun, though most of them had fairly predictable character progression. The story was fine but it was clearly rushed, especially as it got closer to the end. The ending was bad, it was rushed and stupid. Why did the girls forgive the guys so quickly, they physically and mentally abused them for years but that's ok because they weren't really that bad? Almost every male in that school should have been arrested, in fact why hadn't the directors been arrested? I hate that she got with Tsuki in the end. I understand that it makes sense with the story but she was a bitch. If it wasn't for the ending and the seemingly rushed story this would have been great but as it stands it's mearly alright.

Art: 7/10
Characters: 7/10
Story: 5/10
Overall: 6/10

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soredemo 43-50

That short haircut fits Hotori really well, almost too well. I really liked the chapter with all the flashbacks to when people first met Hotori but that Time Capsule chapter was just… man. :roymustang

The short haircut is where I started to really confuse the timeline. Sometimes she has it, sometimes she doesn't, and they're all out of sequence.

wonzo

Banned
The short haircut is where I started to really confuse the timeline. Sometimes she has it, sometimes she doesn't, and they're all out of sequence.
I'm pretty sure the entire series has been told out of chronological order outside of the odd few direct followup chapters.

Dresden

Yeah, it's all jumbled up. I actually appreciate the haircut because it sorts the chapters into BH and AH (before haircut, after haircut).

Antiwhippy

I'm pretty sure the entire series has been told out of chronological order outside of the odd few direct followup chapters.

Yeah, I understood after reading it from awhile, but man was I confused at first.

I knew the anime was out of sequence but I thought that it might be a Haruhi situation.

upandaway

Hello Mangaf! I've lurked the thread for a little bit and besides Wednesdays this place is alright.

I've read Aunt tits, food smut and Molestor Man thanks to you guys so cheers for that.

Of the big three I'm only caught up with Naruto because I already read up until after Itachi's death and I might as well finish it at this point.

I see I came at the right moment with the twgok tiers
Ayumi is clearly best girl and the current arc is dragging on because its focusing on worst girl Tenri.
WHWHAT ARE

YOUR TOP

FIVE

IN ORDER

Manga gaf, do you have any good manga.

Happy stuff, or sad whatever.

I am in a horrible place right now.
I'm gonna assume romance is out of the question...

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

And besides the obvious Yotsuba (even if you already read it, you can just pick a random chapter to reread to feel better at any point in your life), you could try Aiki or Sakamoto Desu Ga - those will definitely lift a guy up!

wonzo

Banned
Yeah, it's all jumbled up. I actually appreciate the haircut because it sorts the chapters into BH and AH (before haircut, after haircut).
If only Jesus got a haircut instead…

Yeah, I understood after reading it from awhile, but man was I confused at first.

I knew the anime was out of sequence but I thought that it might be a Haruhi situation.
I honestly didn't remember at all until the haircut happened.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Smutterfly Effect 1-9:

100% fedora atheist creeplord neckbeard from Reddit.

This makes me more uncomfortable than Not Popular.

Also has the best reason for the protag to be a virginal chick magnet I've ever seen.

10/10 would complain about monthly releases.

wonzo

Banned
i move a motion in the house to rename Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite from "smutterfly effect" to "fedora;gate"

all those of that opinion say i, the contrary, no

Antiwhippy

Gamble Fish 2-6

This manga is duuuuuuuuuumb.

But it's ok.

The protagonist is kinda cringeworthy though. It's like a 10 year old's vision of how to be swag.

Popstar

Murata doesn't number the chapters like that, they have "normal" numbers on the website.
http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/

Oh, so its the scanlators/translators?

What's with that numbering I wonder.

I think Boon is using ONE's chapter numbers. Murata's chapters tend to expand on those, so one chapter of scribbles turns into multiple.

It should be like Chapter 28 then.
The comics themselves have the numbering in them. Take a look at the first page of chapter 30 http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/30/.

Wiseblade

Soredemo 3

Gamecube? Kid's got good taste.

Retcon: "that vroom vroom thing"?

THERE ARE LIMITS, YOU KNOW

Infinite Crisis: No way is she a Kaneda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom