• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool that x23 is confirmed for this year. so, unless something is delayed we have:

Silver Surfer -> Mr.Fantastic -> Starlord -> Nova -> Magneto -> Venom -> Juggernaut (or vice versa on these last 2, who knows), with X-23 somewhere in there too, and Rogue most likely pushed to january

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder who the next 600 splinter hero will be, I'm guessing Reed because of stretchy tech.

aparently Reed was confirmed 400 surprisingly.

They might go Venom for the popularity

Rhaknar

cant wait for the next advance pack announcement (assuming it happens), hopefully with less mystery heroes this time

I just want to know whos confirmed and not just "yeah hes coming" or "yeah thats a possibility"

switching gears, Psylocke. is it me, or for a range build, it only really blossoms at later levels? Im 20 and I barely have anything ranged to use, or rather, that I like. theres the dot aoe and...er....that it >_>

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Bah, gameogre has been the first giveaway that I totally missed/didn't get a spare from someone else

DAMN YOU, TIMEZONES!

of course the giveaway changes its rules after I go to bed.

They should give everyone a universal code or something at the end of this.

Rhaknar

I started playing this the other day and I'm having a pretty good time with it, but damn do I wish I had a character other than Luke Cage.

there has been at least...4? 5? random hero giveaways the last 3 days

Once you finish the Story for the first time, you will have enough Splinters to get either a 200 hero, or a 175 random box.
Yeah, I'm slowly working my way towards a random box. I'm at 146 or so now, so I'm close!

there has been at least...4? 5? random hero giveaways the last 3 days
I've only gotten one, for the anniversary week. :( All the others were giving away keys while I was asleep.

The Thing. :/ Not one of my favorite heroes, and not exactly one I'm excited to play as! :p

That stinks. I completely scrapped my first account back in the day because it gave me Thing as the first Hero token you unlock.

I think I have some extra keys laying around that might just work.

I grabbed 4 extras in one of the first giveaways.
I used one code yesterday on an alt so they should work.

Will PM you!

sophora

Only managed to get into one random hero box giveaway as well...opened and got a dupe Storm...having 5 heroes (Storm, Spidey, Thor, Hawkeye and Taskie) and getting three dupes so far feels terrible man. I suppose I'll just continue on with Spidey since he was the only one victory I got from getting random boxes with my splinters.

KePoW

Banned
I am so sorry.
Thing is probably the worst at the moment. It always changes though.

You always say that but I've never seen you play him!

Hahahahha shhh...

Ok I'm going to play THING tonight when I get home, and post a screeshot of my sweet costume+visual effects

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My cable modem keeps cutting out and I was planning to level doc and gambit all day and get mad splinters.

I have literally the hardest, worst life of anyone who has ever lived.

Vecks

I actually thoroughly enjoy the Thing. I like Colossus best out of the tank characters, but Thing is close second.

The ones considered the worst can still be enjoyable. I enjoyed playing Colossus and Daredevil during their times as the worst, but of course I enjoy playing them a lot more now that they had their reviews. Although, I kind of miss the belly flop.

Kdu9hjW.jpg
Hey, that's not bad! I don't think? lol

That stinks. I completely scrapped my first account back in the day because it gave me Thing as the first Hero token you unlock.

I think I have some extra keys laying around that might just work.

I grabbed 4 extras in one of the first giveaways.
I used one code yesterday on an alt so they should work.

Will PM you!
Like I said in the PM, you're so awesome! You really didn't have to. :>

I am so sorry.
Thing is probably the worst at the moment. It always changes though.
Hah, I was thinking he was pretty bad after playing as him for even a little bit. He didn't have as much variety as Luke Cage did, even at the start.

I picked Luke Cage at first(and got him again in one of the free giveaways haha) but I can afford one of the cheap heroes now. I'm thinking either Hawkeye, Storm or Scarlet Witch. I want a character that plays very differently from Luke Cage for variety sake. Any recommendations there?

Anoregon

I picked Luke Cage at first(and got him again in one of the free giveaways haha) but I can afford one of the cheap heroes now. I'm thinking either Hawkeye, Storm or Scarlet Witch. I want a character that plays very differently from Luke Cage for variety sake. Any recommendations there?

I pretty much always recommend taskmaster as a new player's first cheap hero purchase.

Out of those I would say Scarlet Witch, but with Storm getting her review this month she could be a great choice too.

Vecks

They are all definitely different from Luke Cage, and I think they are all fine choices, depending on your tastes.

Scarlet Witch starts out with a teleport, which is great for rushing through story/terminals, and she is pretty much a DoT/CC monster, although quite fragile. Her ultimate isn't that great, though they did buff it a teensy bit, still mostly just useful in x-def.

Storm is really good AoE, and a bit tougher than Scarlet. She will be getting her review later this month, so it wouldn't hurt to hold off on her until that happens (unless you like to see how much a difference pre-review/review changes make). They said they'll be doing a lot of awesome new animation work for her, and I'm pretty sure her new ultimate power will be awesome.

Hawkeye is pretty much your standard archer-type class, so you probably know what to expect here. Lots of ranged/area attacks. Shrieking arrow is pretty nice. He's probably tougher than the other two, but since the game is kind of easy, that only makes a difference at lvl 60.

Rhaknar

Is TM more powerful than Scarlet Witch?

Taskmaster? lol no

on Surfer:

The soonest he'll be on TC is Monday, yes. The VFX team are finalizing his visuals for approval right now.

Rhaknar

Ah ok, it just seemed like a lot of people are recommending TM over SW, which I didn't know why.

Cause to me SW is more powerful and fun.

because Taskmaster is awesome and most of us dont play characters because they are more powerful (or in SWs case, overpowered)?

Top Bottom