• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
They had to mention.him cos people were finding silver surfer files when the 2015 launch went up

Dec

I like having an estimate and in this case Gaz seem to be in the dark too which is why they didn't give one.

They had to mention.him cos people were finding silver surfer files when the 2015 launch went up

He was always intended to be announced on June 5th.

Wow, another giveaway! I was asleep, but less concerned now as they're only going to be Ultimate Upgrade tokens for me in future.

Got my Scarlet Witch to 60 last night. Did one final re-roll at 54 and went with Hex Binding and Chaotix Hex over Bewildering Hex and Bewitching Hex respectively. Definitely makes a big difference to her DPS, could do Terminals after that with little difficulty. Still don't think she's as good as Strange/Panther etc, but a lot better now with the final roll (only took 4 goes lol).

Had a Retcon potion drop from Shocker last night too, hadn't seen one of them drop before in about 400 hours!

Not sure who I'll start now. Still waiting on Beta Ray Bill before I get into Thor, so I'm trying to choose between Loki, Ms. Marvel and Human Torch.

1 for the last 6 or 7 random heroes giveaways. I'm glad I never did that badly in any of my classes. I knew I had no chance at the latest one as I found out about it just now, 5 hours after it started.

ev0

I missed another giveaway? Argh!

I only own 5 characters and had two random boxes to unpack. First one...Moon Knight. Second one. Moon Knight. Damn you RNG!!!!!!

I got my second character to 60 (Emma). Any suggestions on who I should try next?
I have:

Rocket
Hulk
Torch
Moon Knight lol

Thanks!

I only own 5 characters and had two random boxes to unpack. First one...Moon Knight. Second one. Moon Knight. Damn you RNG!!!!!!

I got my second character to 60 (Emma). Any suggestions on who I should try next?
I have:

Rocket
Hulk
Torch
Moon Knight lol

Thanks!

That seems to have happened to a lot of people haha!

My vote goes to Moon Knight. Lots of fun in melee build (and you can use that Ultimate Upgrade token lol)

GManDH

I have:

Rocket
Hulk
Torch
Moon Knight lol

Thanks!

well rocket and hulk havent gotten reviewed so they will be changing in the future.

garath

I have:

Rocket
Hulk
Torch
Moon Knight lol

Thanks!

I've wanted to try Moon knight. That's who I'd choose. Though I have been melee heavy lately. Torch looks pretty good too.

ev0

That seems to have happened to a lot of people haha!

My vote goes to Moon Knight. Lots of fun in melee build (and you can use that Ultimate Upgrade token lol)

well rocket and hulk havent gotten reviewed so they will be changing in the future.

I've wanted to try Moon knight. That's who I'd choose. Though I have been melee heavy lately. Torch looks pretty good too.

Cool thanks for the info guys!

Guess I'll hold off on rocket and hulk. And might as well go with Moon Knight since I got two haha and havent done a melee character yet (Hawkeye was my other one)

Uthred

There should be a mobile app that warns you about these giveaways. lol They are always in such random times.

You can set up IFTTT to send you an email or sms by scanning the Marvel Heroes subreddit for when a post pops up with the "Giveaway" flair, though it only checks ever fifteen minutes so you could still be unlucky

Dec

hmm that link not working for me, it turns my mouse icon into an hourglass icon and I had to close my browser, lol

You have fallen right into my trap.

Edit: It was just a let me google that for you link, idk why your browser crashed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait was this a second giveaway today or we still talking about missing the first?

Uthred

wats IFTTT

It's an "internet automation tool" available as a webapp and with standalone apps for iOS and Android. http://ifttt.com/ You basically set up "recipes" to automate tasks across a number of websites. In this case you set it up to run a search against the marvel heroes subreddit for posts with the giveaway flair (subreddit:marvelheroes flair:giveaway) and then choose to have it alert you in a manner of your choosing.

Well this is disheartening to hear:

TheDink said:
A couple of the Character Artists that were here are no longer here (Yes, TylerNotDurden is no longer here)

Dude was legit. We were just praising him not too long ago. =/

KePoW

Banned
You have fallen right into my trap.

Edit: It was just a let me google that for you link, idk why your browser crashed.

It's an "internet automation tool" available as a webapp and with standalone apps for iOS and Android. http://ifttt.com/ You basically set up "recipes" to automate tasks across a number of websites. In this case you set it up to run a search against the marvel heroes subreddit for posts with the giveaway flair (subreddit:marvelheroes flair:giveaway) and then choose to have it alert you in a manner of your choosing.

ah ok thx team

KePoW

Banned
Well this is disheartening to hear:

Dude was legit. We were just praising him not too long ago. =/

Whoa darn!!

Well this does happen all the time with individuals in the software business, even Naughty Dog has lots of individual turnover on a regular basis.

Hopefully with Gaz it's not a mass exodus.

jRz23To.png

VSHFz0F.png

B2zuhtR.png

Well well

Dec

So they can't technically ship Surfer yet because of Marvel having a "reveal" process, but on their end he is ready for testing. So they are opening him up to NDA'd players for testing in hopes that he will have a shorter time on the TC because of the NDA tests and still release this week.

garath

So guys.. Legendary items. I almost have enough odin's marks to purchase a legendary item (I think.. ) It's 300 right? I'm around 270 or so if I recall correctly.

Where the heck do I buy it? Can it go on any level character or only a 60? I had some pot of gold legendary I put on Gambit way back and I've managed to unlock a single level of it so far lol. I guess it takes awhile.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So guys.. Legendary items. I almost have enough odin's marks to purchase a legendary item (I think.. ) It's 300 right? I'm around 270 or so if I recall correctly.

Where the heck do I buy it? Can it go on any level character or only a 60? I had some pot of gold legendary I put on Gambit way back and I've managed to unlock a single level of it so far lol. I guess it takes awhile.

Gungnir is a solid default, as it is useful for everyone. Some characters/specs have better options though, for instance:

Physical melee: savage axe of ares
ranged energy: cosmic control rod
ranged mental: warlock eye
pet-heavy build: neptune trident

But yeah, if you aren't sure just get a gungnir. You an equip it on any char at any level, but if you want to unbind it for another char it resets it to 0 xp.

So they can't technically ship Surfer yet because of Marvel having a "reveal" process, but on their end he is ready for testing. So they are opening him up to NDA'd players for testing in hopes that he will have a shorter time on the TC because of the NDA tests and still release this week.

Today would be perfect. The new issue of his comic book comes out today.

You can only buy them in the Asgard hub, and IIRC you said you haven't completed the story yet, so here's your motivation to do so.

garath

Gungnir is a solid default, as it is useful for everyone. Some characters/specs have better options though, for instance:

Physical melee: savage axe of ares
ranged energy: cosmic control rod
ranged mental: warlock eye
pet-heavy build: neptune trident

But yeah, if you aren't sure just get a gungnir. You an equip it on any char at any level, but if you want to unbind it for another char it resets it to 0 xp.

I don't see anything online about savage axe.. you mean excalibur? or did they change the name.

I'm leaning toward the melee one (excalibur or savage axe whatever) over Gungir for Psylocke and Cosmic control rod for Gambit for sure. Gungir would be great for Psylocke too though. Tough choice

You can only buy them in the Asgard hub, and IIRC you said you haven't completed the story yet, so here's your motivation to do so.

Oooh. I guess that explains why I haven't seen the vendor yet. Guess I'll get cracking on the story then.

Dec

I don't see anything online about savage axe.. you mean excalibur? or did they change the name.

I'm leaning toward the melee one (excalibur or savage axe whatever) over Gungir for Psylocke and Cosmic control rod for Gambit for sure. Gungir would be great for Psylocke too though. Tough choice

Oooh. I guess that explains why I haven't seen the vendor yet. Guess I'll get cracking on the story then.

Someone could easily help you out with it if you hit 300 before you get to chapter 9. Just need to group with someone that's in Odin's Palace and teleport to them.

Xetherion

The Savage Axe of Ares is a newer Legendary that was added to the game a month or two ago. It is good on pure physical damage heroes, not good for anyone else. I highly recommend you get a Gungnir for your first Legendary, as it is a good choice for any hero.

garath

Someone could easily help you out with it if you hit 300 before you get to chapter 9. Just need to group with someone that's in Odin's Palace and teleport to them.

Good call. Further encouraging my lack of story mode.

:p

Axe is a separate item than Excalibur. I would NOT get the Axe for Psylocke, would be a poor choice

The Savage Axe of Ares is a newer Legendary that was added to the game a month or two ago. It is good on pure physical damage heroes, not good for anyone else. I highly recommend you get a Gungnir for your first Legendary, as it is a good choice for any hero.

Gungnir or Excalibur for Psylocke for sure. And I'll probably get my first Legendary for her only because I've been leveling the pot of gold on Gambit lol. He at least has one.

I like the Excalibur a little more I think only because of the added defense. She's ALWAYS in melee range the way I built her. Though I may max Psionic Assault or Vortex since Assassinate is annoying me so might be best to just go Gungnir period. Covers it all.

Top Bottom