• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Blank!

Gungnir is a solid default, as it is useful for everyone. Some characters/specs have better options though, for instance:

Physical melee: savage axe of ares
ranged energy: cosmic control rod
ranged mental: warlock eye
pet-heavy build: neptune trident

But yeah, if you aren't sure just get a gungnir. You an equip it on any char at any level, but if you want to unbind it for another char it resets it to 0 xp.

I would adjust this a bit:

Melee based characters = excalibur (be careful on what is/isn't tagged melee)
non-melee based physical characters = savage axe of gungnir (the difference is usually very small)
Gungnir = hybrid damage characters (Thor)

Other:

M'Kraan will likely be best for Ironman and no one else after it's 3rd? 4th? rework.

Shield of Perseus for "ultimate tank" characters. Not "worth it" for current content, even raids atm but if you don't care, the proc is pretty awesome.

Apollo's Bow is actually not bad for a lot of ranged characters that don't have much natural attack-speed in their kit (and benefit from it). The proc damage is underrated a bit but ultimately will be out-scaled by gear.

Nornstones sucks. Wait for rework.

Nullifer = PvP only basically where burst/spike seem to matter more (or so I'm told, I've never PvP'ed)

Think that's all of them.

ev0

I'm tempted to buy a code but Im also the rare cheapass who hasnt spent a dime on this game.

Whats the most efficient spend of that 2600g? I'm a hoarder so stash tabs for sure, but what else I dunno heh.

Started my Colossus last night, got him to 36. Feels really slow compared to the last few characters I've used, but he hits like a truck!

Definitely one of the least visually impressive characters though, not many special effects and stuff. Do loooove throwing Wolverine into the battle though haha!

I'm tempted to buy a code but Im also the rare cheapass who hasnt spent a dime on this game.

Whats the most efficient spend of that 2600g? I'm a hoarder so stash tabs for sure, but what else I dunno heh.

It's funny, as I was all "I'm not going to spend anything on this game" when I started. Then I bought Deadpool. Then the BOGOs came up. And the missus put $50 credit on for me at my B'Day.. And then another BOGO came up..

Depends what you're into regarding "efficient" spending. I've bought mainly characters and one Fortune Card pack when they were on sale. Some people buy Costumes. You might just want a couple Stash tabs.

If you're happy waiting and grinding Eternity Splinters though, you probably don't need to spend money unless you want Costumes.

Dec

So all together $12 got me Wolverine, Silver Surfer (kept enough for him), 2 hour xp boost, 50 splinters (fortune card) and a stash page.

Because I have g for SS and got the 50 splinters from the cards, I bought 3 randoms with the splinters I saved for him and got Hulk and two upgrade tokens.

Looking back I don't know why I didn't buy Black Panther instead of Wolverine. Seems like a more interesting version of him with traps and shit.

Looking back I don't know why I didn't buy Black Panther instead of Wolverine. Seems like a more interesting version of him with traps and shit.

Black Panther is waaaaay more rewarding. Additionally, his AoE stuff is really welcome. I've been running 60 end-game stuff with BP and he's awesome.

Not sure if he means TC (public) or live, but this is the most recent update.

Hope he means live!

Dec

He posted it as a reply to a reddit thread about a guy finally getting all heroes to level 60 and how he got it done just in time for SS.

Makes me think he means actual release, and that would be late Friday which is what he said they were aiming for if there were no delays.

DrBo42

There's no way he would make a reddit post about him being available in less than 48 hours and mean the TC version. Rest easy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im about ready for SS after barely playing lately.

the other 467 surfers around will be annoying but meh, what can you do

Iron Man's new BiS legendary:

NPkGnxP.png

DrBo42

Only played Surfer for about 10 mins but he seems very fun. Cant wait for his release.

They already need to rework him. He's kind of a mess in some areas. Deconstruct and Reconstruct being 2 different buttons is a big problem. Signature is lackluster, powers need to be retuned.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I've had an M'Kraan on Iron Man since way back when it was just 200 spirit and Scarlet Witch's Ultimate proc.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I have been playing very little this week so I'm behind on splinters. Still need 40 more for Surfer!

garath

That's a pretty hot legendary.

I had trouble deciding between Excalibur and Gungir for Psylocke as I hit 300 marks last night. I decided on Excalibur in the end. I'm always in the enemy's face and I get most of my damage from melee abilities. My non melee abilities are mostly control and debuff. Her butterflies is the only one that won't get the benefit from Excalibur really.

Now for the long task of leveling it and saving another 300 marks for Gambit's control rod.

edit:

Is this the code ya'll are buying on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MMO-Marvel-...157?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339048e7e5

$15 is still pretty good. 10 free dollars essentially (you get a bonus 100 from buying $20 anyways).

Top Bottom