• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
I'd like a black character in the game who isn't based off a blaxploitation caricature or is some mystical otherkin from the magical continent of Africa.

wat... why u hate LUKE CAGE and BLACK PANTHAR???

I don't see what's wrong with them or why black chars only have to be a certain type. I don't see anything wrong with a black gangbanger like LUKE CAGE, that's actually pretty realistic.

SmithnCo

when i think Dr. Strange movie, i think that Nick Cage Sorcerer's Apprentice movie... :(

I just want Inception like scenes cranked to 100, but i guess that wouldn't be in the first movie.

I just want more exploration of the supernatural/spritual side of the MCU. I hope they go for a dark Lovecraftian vibe with the movie.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I don't see what's wrong with them or why black chars only have to be a certain type. I don't see anything wrong with a black gangbanger like LUKE CAGE, that's actually pretty realistic.

1316713879_castle_reaction.gif

Xetherion

I loved the 90's cartoons, but I don't want Jubilee in the game. Ever. People that do are just crazy. I actually am happy with the mutants they have in the game currently, though that could be because my favorite, Nightcrawler, is in now. I would be happy to see more characters from other franchises, especially Blade. And Blade 2 and 3 sucked, the first Blade movie was the only awesome one.

KePoW

Banned
I loved the 90's cartoons, but I don't want Jubilee in the game. Ever. People that do are just crazy.

I casually want her as a playable, just because it would be purely ridiculous. Also because she seems polarizing and sounds like it would piss some people off haha. I like it when others get upset about stuff like that lol

Sblargh

Banned
When I got into comics, Jubilee was Wolverine's sidekick and it was what it's still one my favorite times with Wolverine with the Weapon X thing, memory implants, conspiracies, and so on. That's the run that made me like Wolverine at the time, just because how unpredictable things could be with nothing being what it seems. I think Wolverine only regained my attention when he became headmaster recently.

Honestly, tho, I don't really care about who they decide to make next. There are people I want to play as, I guess, but there is no "they *should* make this character"; every character has its fanbase. They should be trying to make something to everyone; not everything to everyone, but every kind of people that is, for some reason, attracted to their game, should be represented by someone.

LuuKyK

I dont really follow the comics. I only know the old cartoon Jubilee. Does she lose her fireworks/light powers when she became a vampire or something like that?

I don't see the difference between Jubilee and Squirrel Girl tbh.

Wut. Arent their powers, like, completely different? Or you mean personality wise?

Sblargh

Banned
I dont really follow the comics. I only know the old cartoon Jubilee. Does she lose her fireworks/light powers when she became a vampire or something like that?

She lost her powers when Scarlet Witch de-powered a whole bunch of mutants some years back. Then she began living as a regular human until got turned into a vampire.

Drayco21

She lost her powers when most of the mutant population was depowered at the end of House of M. Then she got a bunch of vampire blood on her because a vampire suicide bomber blew himself up and she was in the crowd, which is apparently enough to infect. Then she got bit by Dracula's son and became super vampires. Then she and X-23 became best buddies while traveling the world with Wolverine, and she met some french Vampire dudes who taught her how to stop needing to drink blood and let her go out in the sunlight, which most other Marvel vampires don't know about because reasons.

Comic books.

LuuKyK

She lost her powers when Scarlet Witch de-powered a whole bunch of mutants some years back. Then she began living as a regular human until got turned into a vampire.

Ugh, thats not good. The only thing I liked about her was her powerset.

She lost her powers when most of the mutant population was depowered at the end of House of M. Then she got a bunch of vampire blood on her because a vampire suicide bomber blew himself up and she was in the crowd, which is apparently enough to infect. Then she got bit by Dracula's son and became super vampires. Then she and X-23 became best buddies while traveling the world with Wolverine, and she met some french Vampire dudes who taught her how to stop needing to drink blood and let her go out in the sunlight, which most other Marvel vampires don't know about because reasons.

Comic books.

lol Seems logical.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
it bums me out what a pariah Bendis has become because all I know from him is when I stopped reading comics regulary and he wasnt even at Marvel, he was doing Powers which was amazing, and before that he did the black and white stuff which were good aswell

Drayco21

it bums me out what a pariah Bendis has become because all I know from him is when I stopped reading comics regulary and he wasnt even at Marvel, he was doing Powers which was amazing, and before that he did the black and white stuff which were good aswell

I'd hate him a lot less if his Guardians wasn't completely irredeemable garbage.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've liked Bendis stuff, I think some of his early runs at Marvel were good. I hear high praise for his Daredevil, though I've not read it, not really a fan of the character. I liked Ultimate Spidey back in the day though, that was the first Marvel stuff I read. Great art by Bagley, too. But it's true that all his characters sound kind of the same. His work on team books reads a bit like he's trying his best Whedon impression, whose run of Astonishing X-Men is mandatory reading. Nevertheless, I love the era starting with Avengers Disassembled, House of M and Civil War.

Blank!

Wut. Arent their powers, like, completely different? Or you mean personality wise?

Not powers, but as ridiculous comic book characters. I mean, you find the 'wrong' writer and every character is pretty fucking stupid. But the absurdity of Jubilee is matched by how absurd of a character squirrel girl is.

Carm

Maybe because I'm extremely tired, but I think you guys misunderstood my Sunfire post. I wasn't comparing the popularity between him and Dr. Strange with the Marvel nuts, I was alluding to the fact they are both obscure as hell for a general audience. Of course, Strange is far more popular with Marvel nuts and way more important to the Marvel universe, compared to Sunfire, who is a very minor character.

I've seen numerous people in game this past month saying they've never heard of Strange or even Rocket until the game/GotG trailer. I was saying that 90% was a general audience that doesn't know much about those Marvel characters. So, Gaz/Marvel are willing to put in obscure heroes/anti heroes, but again, yea Strange is important. Gonna end up having to explain Strange to friends if that movie ever gets made, since they only know of a few mutants and Avengers. Hell they didn't even know who Colossus was or the cameo or whatever you call it at the end of the newest X-Men movie.

Hrm, servers down for a emergency patch or something regarding MM?

ev0

Bendis Daredevil is probably the best thing he's ever written at Marvel. If you have any interest in crime comics or the character at all, I really suggest reading it. And the stuff Brubaker does right after is fabulous as well.

Rhaknar

I've liked Bendis stuff, I think some of his early runs at Marvel were good. I hear high praise for his Daredevil, though I've not read it, not really a fan of the character. I liked Ultimate Spidey back in the day though, that was the first Marvel stuff I read. Great art by Bagley, too. But it's true that all his characters sound kind of the same. His work on team books reads a bit like he's trying his best Whedon impression, whose run of Astonishing X-Men is mandatory reading. Nevertheless, I love the era starting with Avengers Disassembled, House of M and Civil War.

Whedon as in...Joss? As in Buffy / Angel / Dollhouse / Avengers Whedon?

I love the era starting with Avengers Disassembled, House of M and Civil War.

I disliked a lot of what they did there - Speedball/Penance was unnecessarily dark just for the sake of being dark, Cap was completely out of character (I mean c'mon, he recruited the Punisher), and Scarlet Witch going crazy once again rubbed me the wrong way. After the fantastic Secret War/Secret Invasion, the arcs you mention seemed like a big letdown.

That said, the best arc in that early/mid 2000s era was Annihilation Conquest and Annihilation.

Maybe because I'm extremely tired, but I think you guys misunderstood my Sunfire post. I wasn't comparing the popularity between him and Dr. Strange with the Marvel nuts, I was alluding to the fact they are both obscure as hell for a general audience. Of course, Strange is far more popular with Marvel nuts and way more important to the Marvel universe, compared to Sunfire, who is a very minor character.

I've seen numerous people in game this past month saying they've never heard of Strange or even Rocket until the game/GotG trailer. I was saying that 90% was a general audience that doesn't know much about those Marvel characters. So, Gaz/Marvel are willing to put in obscure heroes/anti heroes, but again, yea Strange is important. Gonna end up having to explain Strange to friends if that movie ever gets made, since they only know of a few mutants and Avengers. Hell they didn't even know who Colossus was or the cameo or whatever you call it at the end of the newest X-Men movie.

My sister, who knows virtually nothing about Marvel beyond the movies and cartoon shows, knows who Dr. Strange is. Granted, it's likely some of my knowledge might've rubbed off on her, but I don't think I ever mentioned Strange to her in particular. She just pays attention to things she sees, I guess.

Xetherion

Dr. Strange is not some unknown, he's had cameos in things. I can't remember what things specifically, other than I loved turning people into boxes with him in Ultimate Alliance. But I know I knew him before that, just can't remember what from.

Dr. Strange is not some unknown, he's had cameos in things. I can't remember what things specifically, other than I loved turning people into boxes with him in Ultimate Alliance. But I know I knew him before that, just can't remember what from.

He was in the X-Men cartoon:
XMen032.jpg

As well as just about every Spider-Man cartoon:
7+Little+1.jpg

strangecrew.bmp

250px-Doctor_Strange_USM_001.png

Cage isn't a "gangbanger"…

Bendis Daredevil is probably the best thing he's ever written at Marvel. If you have any interest in crime comics or the character at all, I really suggest reading it. And the stuff Brubaker does right after is fabulous as well.

God yes! An great suggestion for people who want to read Daredevil!

Whedon as in...Joss? As in Buffy / Angel / Dollhouse / Avengers Whedon?

Yea man, Sir Whedon has written some amazing stuff. He still works on the Buffy comic from time to time as well.

I like both characters, but that's just me hehe

(well the only thing weird with LUKE CAGE in comix is that he's with JESSICA JONES)

Don't really see how that's weird, the road to their relationship is pretty well documented.

Top Bottom