• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Mupod

well shit, went and randomly beat up doctor octopus to test the buff and got jean grey dark phoenix costume.

I still don't care and have little desire to play the game anymore but that's the first special drop I've ever seen, so the buff must be working.

Earlier today I got my first hero drop since the beta. It was off one of the champions in the tower leading to Electra. Unfortunately it was Thing, who I got already from beating Doom and is my least favorite of the starter 5.

As a side note: It sucks that dup hero tokens can't even be used until you hit 30 and unlock their ultimate. I got this Thing token wasting space in my STASH until I finally decide to play him >_>.

Not a single drop of anything special after so many hours so far this weekend. Arg. Costume drop real quick after launch and nothing since now for me.

My extra awesome special drops for the boost weekend so far

-Hawkeye (i already own him)
-Scarlet Witch (i already own her)
-Rocket Raccoon costume (don't own him and it barely looks any different than his default)

Fuck this game

alazz

The game isn't really good fun coming out of TL2 and PoE but it's a good time waster. I do dislike the persistent areas and forced parties in dungeons though. I'd like a way to toggle both off.

Really I'm just playing because of Cable. The game is mindless enough for me to want to waste the remainder of the weekend on playing to get a Cable drop than anything else I could be doing.

Are certain ares or enemies more likely to drop heroes?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So what classifies as a special item? Only costumes and heroes or do artifacts do too? Any equipables?

Also is the once per 20 hour special item drop max only for dailies or for the game in general?

The game isn't really good fun coming out of TL2 and PoE but it's a good time waster. I do dislike the persistent areas and forced parties in dungeons though. I'd like a way to toggle both off.

Really I'm just playing because of Cable. The game is mindless enough for me to want to waste the remainder of the weekend on playing to get a Cable drop than anything else I could be doing.

Are certain ares or enemies more likely to drop heroes?

Instant party auto joining can be turned off in the options

Mulberry

I got Hawkeye from the first boss I killed yesterday, (Madam Hydra). Other than that only 1 fortune card. I want to pick up another hero but I can't decide between Punisher, Cable, or Cyclops. Rocket Raccoon just isn't doing it for me. It sucks that there isn't an in-game description to let me know how these characters play.

Scirrocco

I got Hawkeye from the first boss I killed yesterday, (Madam Hydra). Other than that only 1 fortune card. I want to pick up another hero but I can't decide between Punisher, Cable, or Cyclops. Rocket Raccoon just isn't doing it for me. It sucks that there isn't an in-game description to let me know how these characters play.

Theres plenty of gameplay videos on youtube if you want more info on chatacters.

ElyrionX

I'm really tempted to buy Jean Grey but I doubt the game has much longevity and that is making me hold back and stick to Storm.

As it is, at Level 15, the loot is fairly uninspiring while the combat mechanics feel shallow, unpolished and rather unrefined, especially coming from Diablo 3.

yogloo

How come I don't have all the four starter heroes even after I defeated Doom?
Had a blast fighting against doom with 4 strangers.
Cyclops is kind of uninspiring in this game.

How come I don't have all the four starter heroes even after I defeated Doom?
Had a blast fighting against doom with 4 strangers.
Cyclops is kind of uninspiring in this game.
You only get 3 for sure. The first you pick when you start. One random other one after you beat Goblin at the end of the tutorial and a last random one after you beat Doom.

scosher

I have compiled a list of the best costume cores for each hero. The first assumption is that this is for optimal performance; special item find and rarity increases are excluded.

The second assumption is that certain statistical thresholds are more valuable than others, based on the abilities they confer. I've identified the key stats as Durability 6, Strength 6, Fighting 5 & 7, Speed 6, Energy 7, and Intelligence 7. After each recommended core I will list the value to which the core would raise that stat.

Feedback welcome.

Black Panther: Fighting 7
Black Widow: Fighting 7
Cable: ??? I don't have Cable's final stats; please supply if you do.
Captain America: Strength 4/Energy 2 Cap is one of three heroes without a good option. Strength would boost damage; energy would remove energy and mental damage penalties.
Colossus: Fighting 5
Cyclops: Energy 7
Daredevil: Fighting 7
Deadpool: Fighting 7
Hawkeye: Fighting 7
Hulk: Fighting 5
Iron Man: Energy 7 seems obvious, but Tony could also reach Speed 6 to boost attack speed.
Jean Grey: +Spirit? Jean has no good choices among the six primary stats.
Ms. Marvel: Strength 6 (melee)/Energy 6 (range) The strength increase enables your melee powers to stun; I haven't played her so I don't know how difficult this choice is.
Punisher: Fighting 7
Rocket Raccoon: Fighting 7 assuming his powers are classified as Fighting Powers; take Energy 6 otherwise.
Scarlet Witch: Energy 7
Spider-Man: Speed 6
Storm: Energy 7
Thing: Speed 3/Energy 2 He's in a similar boat to Cap, but can go for a +5% movement speed increase.
Thor: Energy 7 (range)/Speed 6 (melee) Energy is likely the more valuable bonus, but I haven't played him so I don't know how difficult this choice is.
Wolverine: Durability 6

Is there a site with the ending stat distribution for each hero?

Lord Phol

2529D908CC300A7EE39DC5E275033D7D41D80B1E
Hulk Chase-costume, so they do exist. Not mine though.

So, I have like 17 cosmic keys and am planning on running redt2 shocker-doom. As well as some group stuff, such as, Mad3 and Wund1(need that Limbo 3). So long as I can get a group of people together later. (Not sure what time)

Also, does anyone know if you can kill t1 red and t2 red and get the drop bonus chance? Or are red terminals linked through the tiers like the greens are, for first kill bonus?

Xevren

I wasn't very happy with the Beta and it never grew on me,but I have to know...is Iron Fist playable yet?

Nope.

So, I have like 17 cosmic keys and am planning on running redt2 shocker-doom. As well as some group stuff, such as, Mad3 and Wund1(need that Limbo 3). So long as I can get a group of people together later. (Not sure what time)

Also, does anyone know if you can kill t1 red and t2 red and get the drop bonus chance? Or are red terminals linked through the tiers like the greens are, for first kill bonus?

Pretty sure they're linked like greens are.

inky

Print Screen? It should go into My Documents > My Games > Marvel Heroes folder.

If you are using Steam I think it is F12 (or F10, one of those 2). I use Fraps.

alazz

So when it asks if you want to restart progress when you first switch to a new character. Does that reset all of my roster's progress or just the progress of the new character?

Instant party auto joining can be turned off in the options

Cool, thanks for pointing that out.

ev0

Is there a point in leveling up the gear vendors? It seems I find better stuff just by playing. I've been throwing everything into a crafter.

inky

Is there a point in leveling up the gear vendors? It seems I find better stuff just by playing. I've been throwing everything into a crafter.

Nah, that's like a very long term thing and only if you have a lot of characters so that they have an easier time early on. The higher the level the higher the chance they give out blues or purples (I think you can even random artifacts, but don't quote me on that) but it's not really necessary the first few times around.

I got my second character today (first was Black Widow):

My least favorite of the bunch, but I can't complain.

Reached 40 with Hawkeye recently and it seems leveling really slowed down post 40. I've also been playing Ms Marvel, she started out really show but in the mid 20s now and shes a blast so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reached 40 with Hawkeye recently and it seems leveling really slowed down post 40. I've also been playing Ms Marvel, she started out really show but in the mid 20s now and shes a blast so far.
Apparently they made the last 10 levels (I think that's 50-60?) especially hard to level to counterbalance how this game has so many characters/classes, yet to preserve a sort of endgame.

Pau

Started playing this a few days ago. Beat the Prologue today and also the first level. This the first time I've played a game like this so I'm kind of lost. I never thought I'd get to play as Scarlet Witch in a game like this - especially not as a starter character - so that's what sold me.

Any tips for someone who is completely new to the genre?

ev0

Nah, that's like a very long term thing and only if you have a lot of characters so that they have an easier time early on. The higher the level the higher the chance they give out blues or purples (I think you can even random artifacts, but don't quote me on that) but it's not really necessary the first few times around.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm liking this game, but I don't now how many more times I'll play it again unless I get a cool hero drop or something. Right now the prices are just too crazy for me. I was prepared to spend a little some, but not that much.

Although I probably would have paid an outrageous price for a Fraction/Aja Hawkeye costume (make it already gazllion!)

Scirrocco

Just finished off Lady Deathstrike, and found this nifty little item:

deNYxzt.jpg

I found one of these too. Anyone know how they work? If you use it on an AOE or channeled attack, do all hits get the +damage? How long is the cooldown?

Edit: Also i found out something interesting from a dev (mdonais) on reddit.

Mobs within 5 levels of you give 100% of the exp. Green mobs are -5 to +3 levels. Orange mobs are +4 to +7 levels. As long as you fight Green and Orange mobs you get full exp or very close to full exp. Red and Grey mobs scale down in exp very quickly. They are basically never worth fighting.

Also
To clarify, all mobs and bosses can drop heroes. As long as they are green or orange to you.

So theres no benefit of killing red mobs. I've heard some people think theres was.

Top Bottom