• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I found one of these too. Anyone know how they work? If you use it on an AOE or channeled attack, do all hits get the +damage? How long is the cooldown?

Edit: Also i found out something interesting from a dev (mdonais) on reddit.

Also

So theres no benefit of killing red mobs. I've heard some people think theres was.

To clarify, all mobs and bosses can drop heroes. As long as they are green or orange to you.

Thats depressing. It means once you get to level 30-ish you cant kill mobs in the open areas (in the hope of getting a character drop), because they are all gray!
They really need to put in some kind of end game for higher level characters. At least put some mobs in the open areas that give some kind of chance for a hero drop.

Thats depressing. It means once you get to level 30-ish you cant kill mobs in the open areas (in the hope of getting a character drop), because they are all gray!
They really need to put in some kind of end game for higher level characters. At least put some mobs in the open areas that give some kind of chance for a hero drop.

The Red/Green daily's and the Purple group stuff is the current end game stuff. Lots of trash and bosses. Cow level too, though I have yet to see it.

I just got the recipe for the cow level. Is that rare or is it pretty common?

Random question, there are no downsides to resetting story content to mess around with alts correct?

Xevren

I just got the recipe for the cow level. Is that rare or is it pretty common?

Random question, there are no downsides to resetting story content to mess around with alts correct?

I think it's rare, I haven't seen it yet at least.

If there is a downside I haven't seen it. I've been all over the place with the story for alts.

I really think this should be the default drop rate. Considering the fact that its possible to get duplicate heroes and costumes, I dont think its too high at all.

yogloo

How I feel while playing as cyclops.

Level 5
eGDe7N9.jpg

Level 10
ARQ37Ax.jpg

Level 15
LG5qAJ0.jpg

Level 20
TaTHKPA.jpg

Level 30
7zQqNqB.jpg

The Red/Green daily's and the Purple group stuff is the current end game stuff. Lots of trash and bosses. Cow level too, though I have yet to see it.

And it sucks.
Constant wandering around to fight limited enemies, a fruitless and tedious boss fight, followed by loading screens and then repeat.? bleh.
I'd much rather just stand around and wait for the enemies to come to me, in an open area. I find that much more relaxing and fun.

Deadly

I saw Doop appear, is all he drops credits? Such a measly amount.. I'm guessing the compensation period is over? Didn't get anything :(

SirKhalid

Nah a few hours left.

To repeat - the 50% boost to special item find and 50% bonus experience boost applies to everyone who logs into the game this weekend (until 12PM PDT (noon) on Monday June 24th - 3PM EDT, 7PM UTC, 8PM BST, 9PM CEST).

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I really think this should be the default drop rate. Considering the fact that its possible to get duplicate heroes and costumes, I dont think its too high at all.

hah yeah, I didn't get anything to drop during the increase so it's a bit depressing to know my chances will be back even lower again today.

Lord Phol

Been playing so much last week/weekend and got basically nothing. I log in today not expecting anything, just do some dailies and I get my first costume drop from magneto as well as thors exclusive from a fortune card (Protip: seems you get better stuff from by using cards in instance instead of the hubs).

Not really a fan of those two costumes, but hey it's something and at least I'm playing Black Panther.

Nah a few hours left.

To repeat - the 50% boost to special item find and 50% bonus experience boost applies to everyone who logs into the game this weekend (until 12PM PDT (noon) on Monday June 24th - 3PM EDT, 7PM UTC, 8PM BST, 9PM CEST).

Nope. Disappeared for me at noon on the dot here in Michigan.

Got 5 cosmic keys, 4 costume cores, 5 artifacts all weekend.

SirKhalid

Nope. Disappeared for me at noon on the dot here in Michigan.

Got 5 cosmic keys, 4 costume cores, 5 artifacts all weekend.

How can you know it disappeared? It's on the server side.

Anyway,

We're extending! The bonuses to experience gain and special item find will continue for an extra 12 hours, until midnight PDT tonight, which is...

6/25 - 12AM PDT
6/25 - 3AM EDT
6/25 - 7AM UTC
6/25 - 8AM BST
6/25 - 9AM CEST

Enjoy the game!

Got another one of those crystal things, and my first hero drop off of Juggernaut! I got Black Widow, not really who I was hoping for, but hey, a free hero is a free hero.

Xevren

Got another one of those crystal things, and my first hero drop off of Juggernaut! I got Black Widow, not really who I was hoping for, but hey, a free hero is a free hero.

Black Widow seems really interesting, I've been thinking of getting her just because of the compensation and how much she is.

WarMacheen

Bonus time extended, nice. I did get a costume drop finally...even for the character I was using, but it was Cyclops original costume...which is fugly, =)

I know the game is kinda shallow at the moment, end game is repetitive, prices are do damn high, certain bosses with certain affixes are godlike..but I keep coming back...wtf

also heals when injured on Doom is bullshit

but I keep coming back

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How can you know it disappeared? It's on the server side.

Anyway,
Sweet now I can get home and finish Doom to get... another starter.

This weekend I managed a Fortune Card (gave me Mists of K'un Lun artifact, which is a blue mist visual effect) and a Stark Cybernetics artifact. That's much better than my usual luck so I'm okay with this.

Been playing so much last week/weekend and got basically nothing. I log in today not expecting anything, just do some dailies and I get my first costume drop from magneto as well as thors exclusive from a fortune card (Protip: seems you get better stuff from by using cards in instance instead of the hubs).

Not really a fan of those two costumes, but hey it's something and at least I'm playing Black Panther.

That BP costume you got is nice. Its the one I want.
Today, I got 2 retcons and an artifact within a 5 minute span, in the Dino Jungle. One of the retcons and the artifact dropped from one of those pots that are lying around.
I then spent another 2 hours in there, looking for stuff. Found nothing. lol

hamchan

Got a retcon, two fortune cards. No heroes or costume drops, which is a bit depressing.

I'm thinking of buying Cyclops, then seeing if the RNG gods will be kinder to me after spending a bit of money on the game.

inky

So many wipes on limbo today...I need a break before I gouge my eyes out >.<

I only managed to finish it once. That was sad. I also did the subterranean challenge 1 twice... first time it went fine. Second time someone invited his lvl 29 Storm buddy who died the 12 times by himself, the last of which was when we had Venom already at 50% and everyone was telling him to just stay back.

Now I remember why I hate to play online with randoms...

I only managed to finish it once. That was sad. I also did the subterranean challenge 1 twice... first time it went fine. Second time someone invited his lvl 29 Storm buddy who died the 12 times by himself, the last of which was when we had Venom already at 50% and everyone was telling him to just stay back.

Now I remember why I hate to play online with randoms...

Yeah did about 11 runs today with 3 successful finishes, 6 wipes before even reaching the boss (no one went after flares besides me :/) and failed attempts at Venom and Blob. Got a duplicate Ms Marvel today and a cosmic key so it wasn't too bad.

Xevren

They really need to do something about the terminals that require cosmic keys, they should be worth doing. As is the loot is just as awful as it was in green terminals but has the potential to be much harder. I have yet to receive ANYTHING in those terminals and it's just maddening.

yogloo

Hmmm... I guess doing limbo on a large group would be actually be harder. Last night I did the run with one other person. The downside was it took extremely long for us to know finish off the boss. The cyclops and collosus combo works extremely well I might say.
We should arrange a gaf limbo run on the weekend.

J-Tier

Hmmm... I guess doing limbo on a large group would be actually be harder. Last night I did the run with one other person. The downside was it took extremely long for us to know finish off the boss. The cyclops and collosus combo works extremely well I might say.
We should arrange a gaf limbo run on the weekend.

We should arrange a limbo run. The whole group of randoms not going after the power flares DRIVES ME NUTS.

vazel

Banned
I only got Storm over the weekend which is a starter character I already had. 15hrs of grinding over the weekend wasted. I passed on the FFXIV beta for this...

At least this weekend taught me just how useless the 17-21% special item boost I was getting from my gear is, so I sold them.

Xevren

We should arrange a limbo run. The whole group of randoms not going after the power flares DRIVES ME NUTS.

How would we even get into the same limbo with everyone? Except maybe limbo 4? Would be fun, only downside is how spread out everyone is level wise.

Manbig

So I randomly got 800G and decided that I'm gonna throw in $5 to get another hero. Right now I'm leaning towards either Colossus or Hulk. Has anyone played both? If so, which one is more fun?

So I randomly got 800G and decided that I'm gonna throw in $5 to get another hero. Right now I'm leaning towards either Colossus or Hulk. Has anyone played both? If so, which one is more fun?

I've read Colossus is really good. Hulk looks like he plays similar to Thing who's a free hero so I dunno I'd pass on Hulk.

inky

I've read Colossus is really good. Hulk looks like he plays similar to Thing who's a free hero so I dunno I'd pass on Hulk.

They might look similar in playstyle (mainly the jumps, dash and ground pounds) but Colossus is more akin to Thing than Hulk is.

Hulk isn't really a tank, he is more of a melee, AoE damage dealer that happens to have semi-high defenses (we know the stat scales poorly anyway).

Thing and Colossus both have team auras that help with tanking or damage dealing and build rather well defensively. Colossus is very hard to kill all the way through, and dishes some good damage. Hulk is very good at dishing out damage, he buffs himself rather well, but he lacks the auras. Thing is a little in between of both, but he does have auras and is better for group play.

Manbig

Thank you for the replies. Sounds like Hulk is the way to go. Now I have a major issue though. I added 500G to my account through steam and it is refusing to register in the game. I got the confirmation mail from steam saying that my wallet funds went through successfully to Marvel Heroes too.

Anyone else have issues with this yet? Does it just take time for it to process?

If you are looking for tank-lite melee fun, I'd like to put in a good word for Ms. Marvel. She's got good mobility and a solid AE. She can be pretty overpowered in a single target situation and she has a non-trivial ranged attack so she's not useless in ranged only situations. She has no auras but she can take a hit in a pinch.

SUPARSTARX

The grind is gonna get worse now after the EXP boost is gone.

How I feel while playing as cyclops.

Level 5
[]http://I.imgur.com/eGDe7N9.jpg[/img]
Level 10
[]http://I.imgur.com/ARQ37Ax.jpg[/img]
Level 15
[]http://I.imgur.com/LG5qAJ0.jpg[/img]
Level 20
[]http://I.imgur.com/TaTHKPA.jpg[/img]
Level 30
[]http://I.imgur.com/7zQqNqB.jpg[/img]
I know that feeling bro. Level 30+ plus power duration items = "BEHOLD!!!! Maximum Optic Blaaaaaast~~~~~" for ages

Manbig

If you are looking for tank-lite melee fun, I'd like to put in a good word for Ms. Marvel. She's got good mobility and a solid AE. She can be pretty overpowered in a single target situation and she has a non-trivial ranged attack so she's not useless in ranged only situations. She has no auras but she can take a hit in a pinch.

Yeah, she's my main. She's pretty solid all around.

So I took a quick peek at their forums about the situation with my funds. Apparently, this has happened to quite a few people. Some of them even mentioned having to wait over a week before they receive their funds. This is quite unfortunate.

Xevren

After adding some hero specific and enemy/bosses forums they have been very vocal with the community since the shitstorm on Friday. Also reading that they're going to be nerfing the healing affix's on bosses is pretty nice.

Lord Phol

After adding some hero specific and enemy/bosses forums they have been very vocal with the community since the shitstorm on Friday. Also reading that they're going to be nerfing the healing affix's on bosses is pretty nice.

That's good to hear, they were quite good at communicating and open to suggestins in the beta, glad to see that is still intact. That nerf is also really needed.

Top Bottom