• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

There were soooo many Torches running around when I was playing. The big firey "4" painted all over the place haha.. He did look fun to play.

The worst I have ever seen the game run was in the middle of Midtown when 4 Torches all laid down that mark. I swear I hit 2 fps.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The worst I have ever seen the game run was in the middle of Midtown when 4 Torches all laid down that mark. I swear I hit 2 fps.

Happens to me a lot. I still wish we could turn down friendly spell effects. I have a decent GFX setup going on and it's ridiculous.

Hmmm they changed storm's torment thingies to toggleables. Flying around with the blizzard one freezing folks and blowing up environment stuff. Fun fun. Not great for performance though lol.

Ken

jbabuUHL5YbA6y.jpg

Had no idea you could find Cosmic items at low levels lol.

Wallach

My account shows "2x Matrix of Unbinding for CS" was added over the weekend. I'm certainly not complaining, but whats that from?

Compensation for the change to artifacts becoming unique. That way people that were using two of the same artifacts could unbind them and so something else with the spare ones.

been really enjoying cable, and i haven't even got his good stuff yet at 20+.

i heard they revamped exp charts. is it like we are always on rested exp, or is it a bit less/more?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
been really enjoying cable, and i haven't even got his good stuff yet at 20+.

i heard they revamped exp charts. is it like we are always on rested exp, or is it a bit less/more?

I don't have any source, but what I remember reading/seeing is that they increased all of your experience gains to be more like you're on rested. But not entirely so. As a purely arbitrary example:

Pre-XP boost kill = 100 XP
Rested XP kill = 200 XP
New XP curve = 125-175 XP

This is how it's felt so far to me. It's not like getting rested XP, but it's better than no rested. It feels more like 1.5x, but I'm not sure. I imagine there's a source to be had that gives us better details.

Also, this bovine recipe...Where the hell do I get it? Also, what medals are needed to craft it?

Wallach

My Hulk is at a point where I can now tank Mega-Sentinel without a slow effect on him. The costume core I slotted (25% HP/SP and 2s invulnerability on medkit use) made a big difference.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Speaking of costume cores and such, how are you guys going about farming money? I think I've got like 62k and that's with spending nearly nothing on the crafter.

Speaking of costume cores and such, how are you guys going about farming money? I think I've got like 62k and that's with spending nearly nothing on the crafter.

Credits drop like candy in Manhattan. This past weekend I got something like 300k just from picking it all up. For desperate times, vendoring gear/Cube Shards.

Wallach

Hey, I didn't know that was you. Been streaming for a few hours. Think I'm going to try to get Hulk to 60 this week, though I hear these last 5 levels are pretty slow.

Came out with some good drops. Best one was some nice Jean Grey Cosmic gloves:

virpToC.jpg

Wallach

aw man i've had 0 luck then

Edge of Infinity is an artifact, so you could get it from anywhere really.

I have a few of them if you want that particular one. My artifact tab filled up today and I need to clear some of them out. If not that one I might have a different one you're looking for.

Ken

I have a few of them if you want that particular one. My artifact tab filled up today and I need to clear some of them out. If not that one I might have a different one you're looking for.

Oh sure, that'd be great. Looking for crit stuff, and anything else that'd be good for Iron Man and Ms. Marvel.

Do you have metasensory array too?

SirKhalid

Kinda want to try random hero box... Doomsaw said all heroes have an equal chance of dropping. But people on the official forum seems to get the starters much more. Has anyone tried yet?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Kinda want to try random hero box... Doomsaw said all heroes have an equal chance of dropping. But people on the official forum seems to get the starters much more. Has anyone tried yet?

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if they weighted the cheap heroes more heavily.

DrBo42

Don't. That's a lot of splinters and time to leave to chance.

Bonethug

Does anyone have an opinion on these Thing weapons? I obviously get higher dummy numbers with the currently equipped, but I wonder if the 79% def. pen. on the others make them actually better.

BAsR1yo.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does anyone have an opinion on these Thing weapons? I obviously get higher dummy numbers with the currently equipped, but I wonder if the 79% def. pen. on the others make them actually better.

I have to wonder how strong def pen is...

How many fortune cards did you guys open before you got the Bovine Recipe? And can you still farm terminals with multiple characters for shards? Like, 10 with one character, 10 with another, 10 with another, etc? I may do that so I can start farming fortune cards.

Looks like the Test Center will be going back up soon with changes for the August patch. Some interesting stuff.

Test center is going to launch again tomorrow or Thursday so we can start testing stuff for the big August patch.

There is a giant amount of stuff to be tested again, including:

New PVP mode

Emma Frost

Defense system changes

Improvements to many heroes (these will come in every few days - Jean Grey, Deadpool, Scarlet Witch, Punisher, Hawkeye, Thing, Black Widow, Iron Man, etc. all coming)

Relics

Difficulty modes (Heroic and Superheroic)

A small secret additional item

New UI options

New performance upgrades

A new starter zone with Black Cat (Occurs before Raft for new players)

Defend the X-Mansion mode (Kobayashi Maru style)

Plus a few other things that may or may not make it into August.

All of these features will be released to test center in the next week or two, assuming we can get everything done and polished.

Ken

Added you as a friend. Glockner right? My IGN is CorgitheChloe.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Love the sound of those changes coming to test. Maybe I should just save my splinters for Emma...decisions decisions.

Wallach

Love the sound of those changes coming to test. Maybe I should just save my splinters for Emma...decisions decisions.

Yeah, the endless mode sounds really cool. I hope their grouping system works so we can go in as set teams for that.

Apparently there will be a smaller patch in the next couple days to fix some of the bugs in the live build. Thankfully they already said the Punisher fix for spirit regen is in it, because that guy is bad enough without being such a pain in MM where you're constantly taking hits.

Edit - Apparently Stephen Reid (Rockjaw) left Gazillion today.

DrBo42

Edit - Apparently Stephen Reid (Rockjaw) left Gazillion today.

I believe he does this often. Gets the community discussion and organization to a solid area where it can be passed off to regular staff and then moves on to the next company/game.

Top Bottom