• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Wallach

Test Center back up outta nowhere. Not sure what all is in this build yet.

Edit - Looks like a false start; there's an error thrown when trying to launch this build, and they deleted the thread saying the TC is back up.

hamchan

Really good additions again. New difficulties is the best thing they're doing. Horde mode also pretty cool.

Probably gonna be another massive patch end of this month huh?

Bonethug

BAsR1yo.jpg

I have to wonder how strong def pen is...

Tried them both out on T2 Red Doom last night. With the 79% Def. Pen. weapon I was hitting Doom for 500 more damage per swing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Tried them both out on T2 Red Doom last night. With the 79% Def. Pen. weapon I was hitting Doom for 500 more damage per swing.

Wow, that's VERY impressive. I guess def pen has it's place! I think the real thing to figure out is what enemies have crazy high defense (as to make the most use of def pen weapons).

Wallach

There some kinda post about these?

Just what was quoted in post 3443, no details yet. The TC is back up but the build currently on there is just the one for the maintenance patch coming in the next day or two. After that they'll probably start pushing some of these things to the TC.

For those of you with lower end PCs or if u just hate Hulk and Thing shaking your screens, the following allows you to turn off other player visual effects. You can still see all of your own though, as per usual

1. Open the MarvelEngine.ini file (backup first, just in case you change your mind later)
mine was in...Documents\My Games\Marvel Heroes\MarvelGame\Config

2.Change the following to read as... AllowOtherPlayerFXOnPowers=False

A guy named Neoroory posted this in the tech part of the official forums and it works really well.
Busy boss fights in Midtown are no longer slideshows for me, plus I can actually see where the boss is.

For those of you with lower end PCs or if u just hate Hulk and Thing shaking your screens, the following allows you to turn off other player visual effects. You can still see all of your own though, as per usual

1. Open the MarvelEngine.ini file (backup first, just in case you change your mind later)

A guy named Neoroory posted this in the tech part of the official forums and it works really well.
Busy boss fights in Midtown are no longer slideshows for me, plus I can actually see where the boss is.

Yea gonna need to try this, as it's almost unplayable at times lately. I wish they would add more depth to the sliders and effects on screen, as frankly whats in the game doesn't seem to do much of anything.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

OK, I love this game, but why the FUCK is this not an option in game? Why should we have to go into an ini file to make the game playable?

KePoW

Banned
I'm just saying, I don't see what nicoga's point is... many normal computers can also play the game without modifying that setting.

They can't make a UI interface for every single thing in the engine, have you looked through the INI files? There are like 100+ settings

I'm just saying, I don't see what nicoga's point is... many normal computers can also play the game without modifying that setting.

They can't make a UI interface for every single thing in the engine, have you looked through the INI files? There are like 100+ settings

People have been complaining about other player FX since the game launched and how it makes stuff like Limbo and other parts of the game unplayable. There is a slider to adjust it but it seems to do next to nothing. A simple toggle that fixes what folks have been complaining months about?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well to be fair, I have a high-end desktop PC and I don't need to do this to make it playable.

The thing is, I have a great machine, but not great enough to see 8 Human Torch fires or Thing and Hulk shakes. Give me the option to make the game playable for someone like me (like other games do). That's all I ask.

I have noticed a significant amount of interest in disabling other players effects, so Im not sure why the option wasnt included in the games UI.
Either way, the ini edit only takes a few minutes. I think I was very lucky to stumble upon that post though. It really has made the game a lot better for me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The changes to Midtown are awesome. I'm looking forward to that.

E: I just did a bit more Midtown. Since hitting 40, I'm in the new bracket. So many Hulks just tanking the shit out of bosses. Rad.

Unrelated, randomly while playing, my game will minimize and I'll be at the desktop. I'm on Win8 if that helps diagnose this odd problem...It's super annoying, though. I'm not hitting anything in particular. Could there be some weird keystroke event that I'm triggering that brings me to desktop?

Ken

The changes to Midtown are awesome. I'm looking forward to that.

E: I just did a bit more Midtown. Since hitting 40, I'm in the new bracket. So many Hulks just tanking the shit out of bosses. Rad.

Unrelated, randomly while playing, my game will minimize and I'll be at the desktop. I'm on Win8 if that helps diagnose this odd problem...It's super annoying, though. I'm not hitting anything in particular. Could there be some weird keystroke event that I'm triggering that brings me to desktop?

never had that happen to me on w8.

hit 44 or something on hulk. think i'll take a break and resume after this small patch

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
never had that happen to me on w8.

hit 44 or something on hulk. think i'll take a break and resume after this small patch

I'll have to check into it a bit. It's SUPER annoying and seems to happen at the most odd times.

My question from before stands on Cube Shard farming...If I complete a terminal on Rocket Raccoon, can I do the same terminal on Torch and get a shard? Or is it limited to one per account? I REALLY want that damn Bovine recipe.

Bonethug

My question from before stands on Cube Shard farming...If I complete a terminal on Rocket Raccoon, can I do the same terminal on Torch and get a shard? Or is it limited to one per account? I REALLY want that damn Bovine recipe.

1 per account per day.
You can earn 18 shards per day doing Green and Red terminals.

At least now you can turn in more than 10 shards per day for a fortune card.

GF has the bovine recipe but despite hours of midtown, we can't seem to get any of the required sabertooth medals. Fucker never spawns for us.

hamchan

Reading the forums it looks like the fortune card RNG is bugged. People using 17 fortune cards, just getting the same item 17 times.

Seems pretty rollback worthy to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Reading the forums it looks like the fortune card RNG is bugged. People using 17 fortune cards, just getting the same item 17 times.

Seems pretty rollback worthy to me.

I hope not. I leveled up over lunch. That would REALLY bum me out. Got some decent drops, too.

Wallach

Looks like I can't cancel out the roar from Earthquake Leap anymore?

No, it was removed in this patch. :(

Trying to convince them to change it so that the skill works like a canceled version prior to this patch with a 2 second cooldown instead.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Who do you play? I have some Cosmics sitting in my stash that I'm not using.

Rocket Raccoon is my main. I play a few alts, but none that I would consider my second main.

If you have one for RR that doesn't mega suck, I would gladly swap it out for my BW one. :)

KePoW

Banned
No, it was removed in this patch. :(

Trying to convince them to change it so that the skill works like a canceled version prior to this patch with a 2 second cooldown instead.

Isn't EL what was bugged to allow Hulk to two-shot bosses in MM? That needed to be fixed, it was an exploit

Ken

So what's the fastest place to level at anyways. Is it Midtown? Or is there some terminal that offers better EXP gain. Leveling is getting a little slow at 40+ in MM versus Limbo.

Ken

Mr. Brevik has given instructions for the chase costumes to be made available to our players for one week of every month, with the following criteria: (paraphrasing)

Players must be able to buy them for under $15, but not so cheap that they are devalued.

For the next week, as an alternate option for long-time Marvel Heroes players, they must also be available for 600 Splinters, so a player who grinds hard or has some saved up could theoretically buy one of them (but probably not two of them). (EDIT: I'm also going to ask for Splinter rate to be slightly increased (maybe 5%) starting tomorrow to help make this possible).

After the week is over, they should be removed from the store and the splinter vendor. They should be periodically reintroduced into the store for a few days for new players that join the game. This would be an item that has lifetime price protection.

So, for about a week, starting tomorrow, they will be on sale in the G store and for splinters. We may bring them back once a month for a few days in the store only, for newer players, but we want them to remain super rare and exciting, so we might never bring them back.

So chase costumes for sale in store?

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/11101/chase-costumes-from-brevik/p2

Wallach

That's kinda lame. Like the idea of super rare items that you just have to get super lucky to aquire.

I'm glad, honestly. They are introducing a bunch of new item types that can take over this role. I really dislike the idea that the super rare items of this game are not just cosmetic, but the only form of cosmetic that's really in the game besides the little costume effects. It was out of your hands whether the costume you really appreciated the most from the character's comic history was in the shop you could buy at any time or so rare you'd probably never see it in a thousand hours of gameplay. Like, for Hulk I could care less about his chase because it's Hulk 2099; Thor's chase is bar none my favorite iteration of Thor in comics (at least cosmetically). Even worse you have a chance of looting a chase costume for a character you may never even want to play - for all its rarity it may be worth fuck all if you ever come across one.

For the health of the game I think it will work better if the super rare items in the future are things that have value between players.

Another log in a beat sabertooth, again he's not dropping medallions. How the hell are we supposed to make the bovine formula if he doesn't drop his medal. All other bosses in midtown are dropping their medals.

Wallach

Another log in a beat sabertooth, again he's not dropping medallions. How the hell are we supposed to make the bovine formula if he doesn't drop his medal. All other bosses in midtown are dropping their medals.

I think it is a 1/3 chance to get a medal from a supervillain in Midtown since they appear in packs of 3.

Top Bottom