• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Askani

Yup. Been playing non stop. Made it all the way to 940 in the Top Gun event. Still playing, and now I'm down to 783.

Amazing.

Askani

Clawing and fighting.

"If I can just get back to 900 I'll shield."

Finally, after playing most of the afternoon, I get 913.

Hit shield button.

Game seems slow. Timer showing. Waiting.

Select 8 hour shield.

Waiting.

"You're shielded!"
"You were attacked! You have 889 points now."

/AskaniRageFace

shaowebb

Bullseye any good?

I've tried, but no. He can make damage for matches go down to 1 pretty quickly but the issue is that they wont care. You see he is sooooooooo frail even at max level that they will just fish for enough AP to oneshot him and then its not hard to just wipe away his protect tiles once he is no longer in play to generate more.

I looooooved the idea of his protect tiles but his overall lack of health and offensive tools made him skippable in the long run. Honestly if he had Modern Hawkeye's dodge I'd go back in on him with his current health.

Easily the top candidate IMO deserving of a Lazy version with a third power. Bullseye has the notoriety in comics and in the Dark Reign comic to warrant more. It'd be nice to see him get some kind of new ability on a new variant.

NomarTyme

Clawing and fighting.

Hit shield button.

Select 8 hour shield.

Waiting.

"You're shielded!"

/AskaniRageFace
I feel your pain. It took me 5 fights before I finally crawled my way to 1000.

Fjord

Clawing and fighting.

Hit shield button.

Select 8 hour shield.

Waiting.

"You're shielded!"

/AskaniRageFace

Good news is that if someone attacks you and loses you'll still gain points, just can't lose them. I usually go up in rank after shielding.

Spoit

People keep talking about defensive wins, but I haven't seen them outside of LR tanking.

Maybe it's because I don't have a usable L thor

shaowebb

People keep talking about defensive wins, but I haven't seen them outside of LR tanking.

Defensive wins are only really usable for shit like Hulk honestly. They take longer than normal fights, are risky to power shot experts like Thor/Ares, and in general are only as good as they are easy to replace with more shield tiles.

NomarTyme

Defensive wins are when I take on Max OBW/Hood, but not the Falcon tourney since there is no offense if you team up Falcon/OBW/Hood.

I got advice for people if they got 5 blue covers on Dormammu’s Aid. Pairing with OBW is fucking annoying and deadly.

Hulk is easy but if you miscalculate you're in all sort of pain.

NomarTyme

I apologize for the suddeness of this change, we normally want to get information on any character changes out a little early. However, due to some pre-release balancing effects on Daken (Classic), we also decided that it would be best at the same time to make the change on Daken (DA Wolverine) that would keep the two forms in-line with one another. This data patch will be rolling out in just a bit today.

Characters
Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine)
Pheremone Rage Level 5 change
Old ability
Pheremone Rage - Purple Passive
(PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 3: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 4: +20% Strike tile strength
Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles.
Max Level: Creates 2 Strike tiles of strength 38.

New ability
Pheremone Rage - Purple Passive
(PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 3: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 4: +20% Strike tile strength
Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles at 90% base strength.
Max Level: Creates 2 Strike tiles of strength 24.

Daken (Classic)
- Pheremone Rage Level 5 received a similar change to two less powerful Strike tiles for greater overall effect at reduced effectiveness per tile.
- Daken (Classic)'s abilities have now been declassified.

These changes overall bring Daken's Strike tile generation when used at high level into reasonable bounds and also prevents a high level AI version of either form of Daken from running away with Strike tile increases due to a lucky cascade.
Woot!

So I'm at a crossroads with my roster. I have my main stable of ** characters but I don't know if I should be investing ISO into any other *, ** or *** characters. Anybody here care to make any recommendations on good places to focus given my cover count?

I don't have a ton of *** covers but I'd appreciate any advice.
I would save your ISO.

zulux21

8G4lY.jpg
I've done my part for the patch covers for the alliance... I feel like I am about to get destroyed so I am done climbing lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Top Gun redux is the most brutal event yet, jesus.

I cannot complete battles fast enough before I get attacked again.

While they recover, I just get knocked down 60-80 ranks again.

EDIT: I lost 116 in the past 3 minutes

EDIT: Another minute, another 37 gone. Fuck this shit.

zulux21

Top Gun redux is the most brutal event yet, jesus.

I cannot complete battles fast enough before I get attacked again.

While they recover, I just get knocked down 60-80 ranks again.

EDIT: I lost 116 in the past 3 minutes

EDIT: Another minute, another 37 gone. Fuck this shit.
This is why in general I don't play the last 2 hours... I start playing seriously 4-5 hours before the event ends and then shield for 3 hours with a little less than 3 hours to go... towards the end of the event is everyone who is trying to crawl to the top as well as people trying to keep their spots without using HP

last minute unshield for 42 points... and yay my first first place.

toneroni

Any good alliances have room? I ranked 45 in top gun, top 10 in the last simulator event etc. my random alliance I joined didn't make top 2500 I think :/

zulux21

Any good alliances have room? I ranked 45 in top gun, top 10 in the last simulator event etc. my random alliance I joined didn't make top 2500 I think :/

neither of our alliances make top 100 regularly, gaf vengers gets 120 most of the time, but it's currently full. Gaf-kanda has room to buy more slots, but usually only gets a top 250.

toneroni

Top 250 is much better than the current one I'm in. How much is it usually to buy a slot? Still pretty new to this game. I let a few nice covers expire while I was in Vegas :(

zulux21

Top 250 is much better than the current one I'm in. How much is it usually to buy a slot? Still pretty new to this game. I let a few nice covers expire while I was in Vegas :(

it's the slot number times 100hp... so the next slot is either 1500 or 1600 hp I can't remember what number they are on.

zulux21

Damn that's a bit pricey. Thanks for the info, I might be interested.

it's a bit pricey, but thanks to the alliance being decent you are pretty much guaranteed 50hp from any event that gives out HP as a reward... so you will make it up in a few months.
Just got my awards... sells the two patch covers.

luckily the yellow cover was a top 10 reward, so I will get that, missing out on the alliance one didn't matter to me though as I would have just sold that lol.

so I guess I will get to keep two covers and sell the red patch cover I will get when my rewards show up.

edit... now my wife is mad at me... I said... I'm feeling lucky i'm gonna buy 4 standards... first 1 star, seconds 2 star, third 1 star, fourth 3 star... yellow iron man >.> she says it's ridiculous.

NomarTyme

it's a bit pricey, but thanks to the alliance being decent you are pretty much guaranteed 50hp from any event that gives out HP as a reward... so you will make it up in a few months.

luckily the yellow cover was a top 10 reward, so I will get that, missing out on the alliance one didn't matter to me though as I would have just sold that lol.

so I guess I will get to keep two covers and sell the red patch cover I will get when my rewards show up.

So you're going for 5/3/5?

zulux21

So you're going for 5/3/5?

for now I am... well actually for now I am going 5/4/4 (but if I got another yellow I would go 5/3/5) once mags gets nerfed I might end up going back towards 5/5/3, but I am just using mags' red right now so until he is nerfed I might as well get more hp gain from patch... plus it's hard to say no to 300+ hp per turn.

edit
so pretty @_@

Anilones

Most of the people in GAF-vengers paid for their own slot. Sometimes up to 2k HP!
I know, I did too (I think I got in around the 1500 HP mark), but since it was formed a few people have left (yourself for example) so there could be some movement between those alliances.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
So in my 10pack yesterday I got a patch, psylocke, daredevil and punisher which was cool.

Just bought a oscorp 10pack got a purple spiderman :) 2dakens, 2bullseyes,2wolverines and other rubbish :( not impressed.

I know, I did too (I think I got in around the 1500 HP mark), but since it was formed a few people have left (yourself for example) so there could be some movement between those alliances.

I think the whole reason some people saw value in it was the bonus of way better players helping you along your way with their performance/attendant bonuses. I think Alliances are getting tougher out there, but it's not like people who run half 2* half 3* aren't making progress with every new event. I myself had my best performance ever, and it was in a Falcon tournament! Who know what I'll be able to do with my 60+ Rags in this one.

Also, PVE makes where you are on the 2/3 spectrum pretty irrelevant.

I vote no on changing Alliances.

Dispatch

Well, I could use a new Alliance. Gaf-men isn't very active. We have five members and only four play every day, and in the recent Top Gun event, we only had 694 points total, all earned by me. I'm not that hardcore a player, but I feel like I'm missing out on easy rewards because I'm in the wrong alliance.
It also doesn't help that once someone is a Commander, you sent kick them out, which is the case for our inactive player.

zulux21

Well, I could use a new Alliance. Gaf-men isn't very active. We have five members and only four play every day, and in the recent Top Gun event, we only had 694 points total, all earned by me. I'm not that hardcore a player, but I feel like I'm missing out on easy rewards because I'm in the wrong alliance.
It also doesn't help that once someone is a Commander, you sent kick them out, which is the case for our inactive player.

actually you can kick them out... in general if you contact customer support, if a player has been inactive for more than 2-3 weeks they will be willing to kick that person out. Of course since your alliance is only 5 people anyways you could just spend 2.5k to make a new one and not deal with customer support, or could just give like $40 to D3 and just buy up the remaining slots in gaf kanda and combine the two alliances.

kswiston

Tried my best last night in the Falcon PvP. Got to #47 with 780 points before losing a Wolvie/OBW fight due to bad cascading gem luck, and being bumped down to #55. I didn't have any health packs and all my viable teams require Magneto (since all my opponents this tourney were 85/85/Falcon), so I was forced to shield up for the last hour, missing that top 50 Patch :(

On the plus side, the Ragnarok event will finally get me to that 5000 pt reward...

I thought I was going to miss out on classic Daken until I saw that top 150 get the cover instead of top 100 or 75. I might have a shot now. I usually have no problem placing in the top 50 or so during PvE events, but I seem to have been stuck in a super competitive bracket this time and have been hovering between 120-200... I joined those fights like 12 hours in too (to avoid the people who play 24/7). Maybe the devs reworked bracket matching. Been having a bitch of a time in the last 3 events, when I used to coast by.

Could we potentially split the alliances up into those who are 3* or migrating to 3*, and those who are earlier in the game?

I usually have 35-50k HP, and have a number of 3* characters with enough covers to level at least into the 50-85 range. Which 3* teams are worth having? So far, I haven't found something better than my 85 Classic Storm/85 MN Mags/whoever combo. With a boost, I can usually take out 2 of 3 enemy characters within the first 4-5 turns. Even if they are max 2*, Level 80-110 3* chars.

zulux21

I thought I was going to miss out on classic Daken until I saw that top 150 get the cover instead of top 100 or 75. I might have a shot now. I usually have no problem placing in the top 50 or so during PvE events, but I seem to have been stuck in a super competitive bracket this time and have been hovering between 120-200... I joined those fights like 12 hours in too (to avoid the people who play 24/7). Maybe the devs reworked bracket matching. Been having a bitch of a time in the last 3 events, when I used to coast by.

I usually have 35-50k HP, and have a number of 3* characters with enough covers to level at least into the 50-85 range. Which 3* teams are worth having? So far, I haven't found something better than my 85 Classic Storm/85 MN Mags/whoever combo. With a boost, I can usually take out 2 of 3 enemy characters within the first 4-5 turns. Even if they are max 2*, Level 80-110 3* chars.

heh... I love the fact that the only reason that daken is now avalible to the top 150 is because they screwed a number of players over with messed up rubber banding in a number of subbrackets :p

as for what 3* teams are worth having.... 3 star mags in general is a badass but he will be nerfed at some point (I still recently put some hp into him and am now racking up other 3 star covers) patch is also a bad ass.... lazy thor isn't bad. I would vote you should just buy the rest of the slots in gaf-kanda and be treated as a god in this thread for a while though :3 (i'm not really being serious with that last bit :p)

lmpaler

I was murdering that Patch event and now this morning it is getting extremely hard to finish fights, damn I need more covers for him. Plus side is I got Blue maxed on Grey Mags, entire board wipes rule.

Scratch that, anything Hard an up currently is damn near impossible with Daken on the enemy team.

105 Patch(1 Green)
93 Magneto(Grey) (5/2/2)

Then I swap between a 70 Thow(Marvel NOW) and Modern Cap(69)

Was crushing with this team, but alas I am now stuck. Oh well I will try to keep me in the high brackets to at least get Classic Daken and hope for more covers.

Also I don't get a damn drop for VS events lol. My buddy is getting all these covers and I get dick. FU RNG!

Spoit

Tried my best last night in the Falcon PvP. Got to #47 with 780 points before losing a Wolvie/OBW fight due to bad cascading gem luck, and being bumped down to #55. I didn't have any health packs and all my viable teams require Magneto (since all my opponents this tourney were 85/85/Falcon), so I was forced to shield up for the last hour, missing that top 50 Patch :(

On the plus side, the Ragnarok event will finally get me to that 5000 pt reward...

I think you mean ISO? 35-50k HP would be..thousands of dollars?

Which 3*s do you have, and how many covers in them?

Also, considering leveling up the 2* widow

shaowebb

Thought that the event was just oscorp. Played like 6 matches and suddenly I unlock another PVE. Play it and it disappears and I unlock another. Went from like 1900th to 200th overall with a number 1 right now. The hell...thought I was just in a shit bracket or something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just got my Heroic 10-Pack:

2* Daken (Black)
3* Thor (Red)
3* Human Torch (Black)
2* Bag-Man (Yellow)
2* Daken (Black)
2* Magneto (Red)
2* Moonstone (Red)
2* Hawkeye (Red)
3* Magneto (Red)
2* Ares (Red)

Eh. Human Torch and Magneto are nice, I guess. And even still, this is a lot better than the usual stuff I get out of Heroics x_x

NomarTyme

Ive never bought a single heroic pack. I just play :|

Well you can earn a 10 hero pack reward for going over 5000 pts in the Shield season one.

Just got my Heroic 10-Pack:

2* Daken (Black)
3* Thor (Red)
3* Human Torch (Black)
2* Bag-Man (Yellow)
2* Daken (Black)
2* Magneto (Red)
2* Moonstone (Red)
2* Hawkeye (Red)
3* Magneto (Red)
2* Ares (Red)

Eh. Human Torch and Magneto are nice, I guess. And even still, this is a lot better than the usual stuff I get out of Heroics x_x
That is pretty good.

zulux21

I'm saving my 10 pack for when daken is added to heroic tokens

I'll just save the one I win from the season for that :3
(actually it will be unlikely that I get a top 50 from the season... more likely a top 100 which still isn't to bad, I still will likely save my heroics form that until then... in fact I might just save all my tokens from here on out aside from the event specific ones until daken is a chance to get as he looks so damn sexy to run with patch.)

kswiston

I think you mean ISO? 35-50k HP would be..thousands of dollars?

Which 3*s do you have, and how many covers in them?

Also, considering leveling up the 2* widow

Whoops. Ya, ISO. I have every 3* cover except Spider-man, but most are pretty low on covers.

Hulk 5 green/1 red/2 black
Patch 2 green/2 red/1 yellow
Punisher 5 black/2 green/2 red
Classic Magneto 3 blue/1 red/2 purple
Daredevil 4 purple/4 red
Thor 2 yellow/4 green
Falcon 2 blue/3 purple

Rest are 1-4 covers

So Fjord just gave me a good talking to.

I think it's time to abandoned my quest for having every single cover at the same level. Now that I'm over 65 on them, I think I can afford to leave it there and focus on a few standouts.

For 2* I know it's Thor and OBW.

What about 3*? Keep in mind, I only have one Spidey Blue cover. :(

NomarTyme

So Fjord just gave me a good talking to.

I think it's time to abandoned my quest for having every single cover at the same level. Now that I'm over 65 on them, I think I can afford to leave it there and focus on a few standouts.

For 2* I know it's Thor and OBW.

What about 3*? Keep in mind, I only have one Spidey Blue cover. :(

What is your MPQ alias?

Top Bottom