• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

NomarTyme

KidInsomnia

Spent the morning making huge dents in current PVE and PVP. Focusing my ISO on OBW, Patch, and Golden Thor.

Seems to be going well, but now I'm up against the Health Pack Crunch, a friend I hadn't seen in quite some time. ;D

I figure that you're kidinsominia, but you said you only had one blue spider cover but you actually had two blue.....
Anyways I would focus on the Hood too since you have 5 on blue. The hood is really annoying in PVP and pairing him with OBW is doubly annoying.

I figure that you're kidinsominia, but you said you only had one blue spider cover but you actually had two blue.....
Anyways I would focus on the Hood too since you have 5 on blue. The hood is really annoying in PVP and pairing him with OBW is doubly annoying.

I have two?? Heh. Nice. I don't even look at that poor crippled Petey most of the time.

Good call on the Hood tho. I'll add him to the Big Leagues.

zulux21

I have two?? Heh. Nice. I don't even look at that poor crippled Petey most of the time.

Good call on the Hood tho. I'll add him to the Big Leagues.

if you start using the hood you may want to think about spending some HP on that last yellow move... the difference between 4 and 5 covers for that is huge.

shaowebb

ugh...spent 8 hours today working on our apartment. Needed to build a new desk for my wife, but that meant moving her new desk where mine was and then came the giant musical chairs game of moving around all the furniture in the house and rearranging everything we had then cleaning up.

In other words...didn't play puzzle quest. Alliance is still on their own for a few days more.

zulux21

ugh...spent 8 hours today working on our apartment. Needed to build a new desk for my wife, but that meant moving her new desk where mine was and then came the giant musical chairs game of moving around all the furniture in the house and rearranging everything we had then cleaning up.

In other words...didn't play puzzle quest. Alliance is still on their own for a few days more.

well hopefully you can get back to it, personally I don't care about the current pvp but the pve cover reward would be nice :p

kswiston

Just got my 10pack heroic. Between that and the Ragnarok token, I had an awesome pull:

Ragnarok token - 3* Spidey - Purple - Woo Hoo! Last 3-star cover i was missing!

Ten Pack
2* Mags x 2
3* Mags - Red
3* Spidey - Purple (two in a row!)
3* Falcon - Yellow (was missing this too)
2* Thor
2* Ares
2* OBW x 2
3* The Hood - Blue

The 2* covers are junk, since I already have 13 covers for each of those, but I am pretty stoked about getting five 3* covers out of 11 tokens. Spidey isn't really useful ATM, but at least I don't have to worry about him being a required cover in PVE going forward.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Got a Patch from a Recruit Token. Woo! I've given up on the PvP. Just unfortunate match after unfortunate match :/

Haven't been able to do much the past few days or so as my mom has gotten pretty ill, might be like that for the next few days as well.

Just got my 10pack heroic. Between that and the Ragnarok token, I had an awesome pull:

Ragnarok token - 3* Spidey - Purple - Woo Hoo! Last 3-star cover i was missing!

Ten Pack
2* Mags x 2
3* Mags - Red
3* Spidey - Purple (two in a row!)
3* Falcon - Yellow (was missing this too)
2* Thor
2* Ares
2* OBW x 2
3* The Hood - Blue

The 2* covers are junk, since I already have 13 covers for each of those, but I am pretty stoked about getting five 3* covers out of 11 tokens. Spidey isn't really useful ATM, but at least I don't have to worry about him being a required cover in PVE going forward.
Wow, those are some great pulls right there.

zulux21

Got a Patch from a Recruit Token. Woo! I've given up on the PvP. Just unfortunate match after unfortunate match :/

Haven't been able to do much the past few days or so as my mom has gotten pretty ill, might be like that for the next few days as well.

I remember when unfortunate matches kept happening to me... they don't really happy anymore.... the enemy just dies before they get a chance.... gonna milk this team for what it's worth until they nerf mags lol. (it's so far earned me back 200 of the 2500Hp i spent on it, plus the covers I got already :p)

it's also nice to not give a crap about tanking because i want the hard battles to make the climb from 0 to 900 only take 20 battles or so lol.

NomarTyme

My prayers is with her.

zulux21

so I am pretty sure I got the top 50 I wanted in the rags tourney (ideally 900+ points netted me that never paid attention where I was aside from that I would need over 1k to be a top 10)

new loki tounery has ironman 3 star as the prize so I will likely just crawl up to 900 points near the end of the event and shield as I don't care at all about finishing him off as I find him to be one of the worst 3 stars with 3 powers.

NomarTyme

so I am pretty sure I got the top 50 I wanted in the rags tourney (ideally 900+ points netted me that never paid attention where I was aside from that I would need over 1k to be a top 10)

new loki tounery has ironman 3 star as the prize so I will likely just crawl up to 900 points near the end of the event and shield as I don't care at all about finishing him off as I find him to be one of the worst 3 stars with 3 powers.

I'm gonna start really late in the Loki event to avoid the crazies.

Askani

My shield ran out with about 20 minutes left in the match. Went from 45 to 21. There was a flood of players trying to get their score up at the last minute. I never lost a match, but the last 5 wins kept jumping around. After the wins I was 25, then 22, then 23, then, 23, then 21. Still kept me in the top 25 though. That extra ISO means two Lazy Thor levels instead of one. Sucks I missed out AGAIN on a purple to finish out my Loki covers, but meh.

Also, too bad about the Loki tourney. I've been wanting to respec IM40 for AGES. He's at 5/4/4 right now and I want him at 5/3/5, but I can't pull a damn yellow cover. Since the yellow cover is the Alliance reward, looks like I'll miss out. Meh again.

Neither of those are must haves, just nice to haves, so it's not the end of the world for me. Looks like my Lazy Thor is about to replace old Thor though, so that's a bonus. The tourney rewards should take him to 73 or 74 depending on how much I want to push my ISO cache.

toneroni

Thanks for the link nomar. Looks like good tips there.

Luckily made Rank 10 in the ragnarok tourney. Was lucky that I didn't get attacked much and won half of them. How did the gaf alliances do?

zulux21

My shield ran out with about 20 minutes left in the match. Went from 45 to 21. There was a flood of players trying to get their score up at the last minute. I never lost a match, but the last 5 wins kept jumping around. After the wins I was 25, then 22, then 23, then, 23, then 21. Still kept me in the top 25 though. That extra ISO means two Lazy Thor levels instead of one. Sucks I missed out AGAIN on a purple to finish out my Loki covers, but meh.

Also, too bad about the Loki tourney. I've been wanting to respec IM40 for AGES. He's at 5/4/4 right now and I want him at 5/3/5, but I can't pull a damn yellow cover. Since the yellow cover is the Alliance reward, looks like I'll miss out. Meh again.

Neither of those are must haves, just nice to haves, so it's not the end of the world for me. Looks like my Lazy Thor is about to replace old Thor though, so that's a bonus.

to be fair, it keeps being brought up and I am starting to agree with the idea now that we are regularly missing the top 100.... it might not be a bad idea to demote some members from gaf-vengers to gaf-kanda and promote a few from there.... if we were to take the top 3 from kanda and replace the bottom 3 in the season we would at the very least be very close to a top 100 right now if not in it for the season, and we would have people who more actively play the pvp for points.

the question would be what would happen after the season though... one of the bottom people in gaf-vengers is mostly temp stop gap (to fill that 20th slot) so if north911, freemium, or bairdsly wanted that slot they could have it and volimar could just have the kanda slot and keep collecting effectively the same rewards that we have been getting with gaf-vengers... the other two though are more iffy on switching... as one is down there because he has been having irl issues such as exams and moving but is usually a productive member but his current point total is hurting us... the other just changed their strat and will likely start being worth more points :p

so it's something to think about... (another thing to think about is if anyone on gafvengers has some extra HP and is feeling generous if we could get them to buy a slot or two on gaf-kanda to finish them off... the more neogaf members we have collecting and competing in an alliance the better off we will be down the line we some people have issues IRL and can't play for a while, or just stop playing in general)

for the tl;dr: north911, freemium or bairdsly, would you like to join gaf-vengers and have a shot at get a top 100 instead of top 500s?

Luckily made Rank 10 in the ragnarok tourney. Was lucky that I didn't get attacked much and won half of them. How did the gaf alliances do?

Gaf-vengers: 172
Gaf-Kanda: 478
Gaf-men: haven't got a clue but low :p

Askani

It's hard to tell someone who spent HP they can't be in the Alliance they spent HP on. I don't know how you'd handle that.

I'm kind of sitting the fence at the moment. On one hand it's a game and we still get some rewards and are mostly drama free. On the other hand I like bonus rewards.

Are we going to start promotion and relegation like European Soccer? :p

zulux21

It's hard to tell someone who spent HP they can't be in the Alliance they spent HP on. I don't know how you'd handle that.

I'm kind of sitting the fence at the moment. On one hand it's a game and we still get some rewards and are mostly drama free. On the other hand I like bonus rewards.

Are we going to start promotion and relegation like European Soccer? :p

that's why I said that at the very least the 20th slot is open... (though we do have a few people in gaf-vengers that didn't pay for slots, and most of them are doing worse than the top 3 over in gaf-kanda)
and yeah it's hard, but at the same time gaf-kanda isn't that far behind... if we fill it out to 20 members (who play) they would likely get a top 250 all the time... which is what we are currently doing with gaf-vengers... it's basically becoming a case of... we could either have two alliances getting top 250 all the time, or we could have one getting top 100 and the other likely still getting top 250 or worst case top 500 which in general is just 500 iso less per reward than top 250, meanwhile 250 to 100 means covers.

so yeah, the only move I would really like to do right now is replace our 20th slot with one of the top 3 from gaf-kanda... I'd also like to try to get people who have some extra HP to buy a slot on kanda to open it up to 20 and we can just let some newbies in there to collect rewards. If I am given another week or two I can likely buy a slot for them.... I am currently tight on HP though from buying those mags covers.

plus it's easier for me to coordinate other people jumping from gaf-vengers to kanda and back... as I have promoting abilities in both alliances due to my account being a commander in vengers and my wife's in kanda thus I can quickly add people back and forth (though I think there is an hour cool down before you can join your alliance again anyways)

NomarTyme

I'm also tight on HP because I accidentally bought a bunch of health packs. :*(

I can't tell you how much HP I lost because I put my phone in my work vest pocket and start buying shit with my body some how pressing the screen.

No problem. All you guys should give read the guide going from 1* to 3*

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

zulux21

bleh I didn't realize you guys got so much iso from facebook (i am reading the average is a few 100 per day, with users with a lot of friends making 10k a week off facebook)

:(
oh well, at least steam users had that single sale on HP/iso... that I didn't buy any from because I was mad at D3 at the time :p (plus I like going down the not paying for anything route :p)

also... if they don't increase the points in the main event soon and unlock the last part... I am screwed as I am in that window that joined when points were screwed up so I can't catch up without the main event having replayable nodes ><:

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I remember when unfortunate matches kept happening to me... they don't really happy anymore.... the enemy just dies before they get a chance.... gonna milk this team for what it's worth until they nerf mags lol. (it's so far earned me back 200 of the 2500Hp i spent on it, plus the covers I got already :p)

it's also nice to not give a crap about tanking because i want the hard battles to make the climb from 0 to 900 only take 20 battles or so lol.
You just love to rub in your seniority don't you :p

Yeah, it seems my early decision not to invest in OBW is biting me in the ass. At a point where I have an ISO defecit now too. The balance in this game truly is terrible; PvP is like ten times less enjoyable than PvE the way it is currently, since you keep running into the same teams over and over.

My prayers is with her.
Thanks bro.

zulux21

You just love to rub in your seniority don't you :p

Yeah, it seems my early decision not to invest in OBW is biting me in the ass. At a point where I have an ISO defecit now too. The balance in this game truly is terrible; PvP is like ten times less enjoyable than PvE the way it is currently, since you keep running into the same teams over and over.

Thanks bro.
:p (gotta rub it a bit... I am playing on steam, while holding down a job and a strangely active social life for me... imagine what I could do if I didn't have a job or if I had a phone that I could play the game on.... plus it can motivate people like you to beat me so you can rub it in my face :p though you are excited for iron man rewards.... so yeah...)
it's a hard climb back when you screw yourself over in some way since the game is designed to always be hard based on an optimal path, so if you don't walk that path it can be super hard.

it's funny that pvp is better than pve again... as for a while there pvp was absolutely terrible (i skipped a few 3 star covers bad)

On the plus side I am starting to feel like I am near the top in players... though that also might mean I will retire from the game in a few months when I finally feel like there isn't much to do anymore (even with their rapid additions of 3 stars I am gaining them faster than they put them out so soon it will just be a case of maximizing the ones I like) I will likely at least play until I can play a single match of max level patch + max level daken... seems to goofy not to play.

Well, I was one of the earliest members of Vengers, so I didn't have to pay so I can't help but figure you guys are talking about me as far as kicking someone out, but I also feel like I'm carrying my weight at this point. My Oscorp performance is in the top 10 and there were seven lower performances than me in Rags. I won't argue that I could have been performing better earlier in the season, but I feel like I'm making up for it now.

#pleasedontkickmeout

;D

NineH

Clearly you haven't been stuck in the death brackets then :p

Especially now that they tweaked their tanking, I get wall to wall 141 opponents so my team of 141s are being attacked tons now. It's a bit harder to keep my points total high nowadays in the pvp events.

bleh I didn't realize you guys got so much iso from facebook (i am reading the average is a few 100 per day, with users with a lot of friends making 10k a week off facebook)

Nowadays I'm lucky if I get more than 100 iso from facebook per day. I remember the good old days where you can send your rewards to 25 players at a time and I got between 1000 and 2000 iso each day. They nerfed that to hell and back but at least they are a bit more generous with the iso now via event rewards.

kswiston

Well, I was one of the earliest members of Vengers, so I didn't have to pay so I can't help but figure you guys are talking about me as far as kicking someone out, but I also feel like I'm carrying my weight at this point. My Oscorp performance is in the top 10 and there were seven lower performances than me in Rags. I won't argue that I could have been performing better earlier in the season, but I feel like I'm making up for it now.

#pleasedontkickmeout

;D

Before people are kicked out, I think that some consideration of overall performance should be made. From what I can see, we have a couple superstar players, a number of players who are mid-range in pretty much every pvp or pve event, and others who do well in one event type but completely neglect the others. Those zeroes or <100s hurt more than someone who is consistently mid range.

zulux21

Before people are kicked out, I think that some consideration of overall performance should be made. From what I can see, we have a couple superstar players, a number of players who are mid-range in pretty much every pvp or pve event, and others who do well in one event type but completely neglect the others. Those zeroes or <100s hurt more than someone who is consistently mid range.

really I don't see us doing any serious kicking around of people... more of a your season score sucks and we want fury can you please leave for a day while we get someone in there with points so we can get a top 100 type thing where we can switch them back afterwards.

Well, I'm almost always middle of the pack, usually about 600-700 per pvp event. I was low on the list for the Ragnarok event over the weekend, but that was really the exception to the rule for me. I WAS pretty demoralized about not getting any Patch covers thurs/fri, too.

Bairds

Neo Member
Down for anyone else? Was doing some heroic event grinding. Finished in second for the first part, attempting to get in the top 10 at least for the second. Want to pick up those 2 daken covers because the thought of him as a 3 star & and an opponent makes me want to jump off a bridge.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Down for anyone else? Was doing some heroic event grinding. Finished in second for the first part, attempting to get in the top 10 at least for the second. Want to pick up those 2 daken covers because the thought of him as a 3 star & and an opponent makes me want to jump off a bridge.
Yup, down for me.

This happens sometimes in the early AM for me as well.

EDIT: Literally as I posted this it came back up.

shaowebb

I can make this real easy for everyone.

I gotta go. Boot me off.

Got upgraded to fulltime in the industrial work I do...right as the guy the R&D division was founded for is retiring. In other words once he's gone the entire group is restructured. I may be laterally moving into another role within this company since its pretty huge but then again I may end up moving on to one of my other offers. Either way, a lot of life restructuring is taking place for me and it might result in a very major move or some time sorting through various engineer/operations resume and interview periods.

Either way I got till July 31st to get it all sorted out before things start moving on. That's not going to leave me any evenings free (unless I get picked up quick) to just grind for rank. Hell it wont even let me work on my own art and game project that I've been so eager to get back in on after graduating.

Either way, life comes first and mine is a pretty busy one. Glad I could help push so many points and such into the group, but I gotta call it quits. Between only pulling smaller rankings the past 2 weeks to deal with finals and this its pretty clear I ain't got time for games.

Have fun guys. Hope you do well. Though I will say this...PM me the moment Iron Fist or Sentry appear. I'll be on that shit.

NomarTyme

I gotta go. Boot me off.

Got upgraded to fulltime in the industrial work I do...right as the guy the R&D division was founded for is retiring. In other words once he's gone the entire group is restructured. I may be laterally moving into another role within this company since its pretty huge but then again I may end up moving on to one of my other offers. Either way, a lot of life restructuring is taking place for me and it might result in a very major move or some time sorting through various engineer/operations resume and interview periods.

Either way I got till July 31st to get it all sorted out before things start moving on. That's not going to leave me any evenings free (unless I get picked up quick) to just grind for rank. Hell it wont even let me work on my own art and game project that I've been so eager to get back in on after graduating.

Either way, life comes first and mine is a pretty busy one. Glad I could help push so many points and such into the group, but I gotta call it quits. Between only pulling smaller rankings the past 2 weeks to deal with finals and this its pretty clear I ain't got time for games.

Have fun guys. Hope you do well. Though I will say this...PM me the moment Iron Fist or Sentry appear. I'll be on that shit.
Good luck! The light is bright for you!

zulux21

I gotta go. Boot me off.
first off, I wish you the best in dealing with all the changes.
Second... we can't boot you you have to leave as you are a commander :p

third... did any of the top guys from gaf-kanda want to move to gaf-vengers?

jred2k

first off, I wish you the best in dealing with all the changes.
Second... we can't boot you you have to leave as you are a commander :p

third... did any of the top guys from gaf-kanda want to move to gaf-vengers?

I think I'm the most recent addition to gaf-kanda, so I think it would only be fair if someone who has been around longer gets first dibs. However, if nobody else claims before the end of the Loki event I'll take it so I can add in my points for that.

zulux21

I think I'm the most recent addition to gaf-kanda, so I think it would only be fair if someone who has been around longer gets first dibs. However, if nobody else claims before the end of the Loki event I'll take it so I can add in my points for that.

really point totals matter more then join date.... we all want fury and daken rewards so who ever offers the most points will get the newly open slot (though of course if no one else shows interest you will win by default even if you don't offer any points :p)

kswiston

I think I asked this before, but did the devs change how they are approaching match making? I'm playing PVE about as much as I was before (30-60 mins a night. More on weekends) and am bouncing around rank 150-250 when I used to be a solid rank 50-100 in the past... I didn't join in the first hour or anything either. When I looked at the GAF group this morning, I was in the top 10, and we are doing decently for an alliance (close to top 150), so I have no idea what is going on. Rarely, if ever, is my personal place lower than our alliance placing, even though I am almost always in the middle portion of our group. I'm really hoping that we get that Daken alliance reward, because I haven't missed a PVE cover since before Psylocke...

jred2k

really point totals matter more then join date.... we all want fury and daken rewards so who ever offers the most points will get the newly open slot (though of course if no one else shows interest you will win by default even if you don't offer any points :p)
Well, if that's the case, I've got about 1000 points more than the 2nd place in the Alliance. Just let me know when to join and I'll send a request.

zulux21

Well, if that's the case, I've got about 1000 points more than the 2nd place in the Alliance. Just let me know when to join and I'll send a request.

are you north 911 then?
if so just leave gaf-kanda and join vengers, I will promote you when I see you waiting to join.

also bairdsly, freemium, nervousxtian, iamthunderlips and tonner would all be welcome in gaf-vengers (though we only have one other slot to really replace with someone that gets more points so really first come first serve there.)

jred2k

are you north 911 then?
if so just leave gaf-kanda and join vengers, I will promote you when I see you waiting to join.

also bairdsly, freemium, nervousxtian, iamthunderlips and tonner would all be welcome in gaf-vengers (though we only have one other slot to really replace with someone that gets more points so really first come first serve there.)
Yep, that's me. I'm pending now.

toneroni

I'm down to join one of the guilds if there is a free opening. Currently ranked 35 in season 1, 12th in oscorp tower. Waiting to start Loki.

Still fairly early in the game using a mix of 1-3 star cards.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I'm starting Loki tomorrow. Not getting done dirty in those early brackets like I have for the last two events.

toneroni

Also what's the reason that in PVE events, the points keep changing for the battles? Do they want us to keep switching up events or something?

Top Bottom