• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
zulux21 pretty much talked about the same thing a few weeks back. IMO, in an ideal world, we could just move whoever is willing to put in work for a specific event (and season as whole) into respective alliances to optimize rewards. Don't care for an award? Busy few days coming up? Go to GAF-Kanda, or GAF-Men. Give yourself a break, breaks are good. The key thing is, people would be able to get back in.

Problem 1:
Some people paid for spots in alliances, using in-game earned currency or otherwise. Hard to tell them to move.

Problem 2:
Some people are hard to contact. Compound this with problem 1 and you don't want someone shafted.

That said, I'm all for alliance shuffling, as long as it means when you can put the work in you are welcomed back into the primary alliance. I'm consistently over 600 points in PvP and I do even better in PvE, I think I pull my weight because I'm always in the middle somewhere in rankings. But at the same time, I do realize I'm one of the few who don't have a guaranteed slot. If it means for a certain event I get shoved into Kanda where I'd get the smae Top 250 or whatever rewards but help people who put more work in get Top 100 rewards, then why not?

shaowebb

I lead a busy life. When i show up for something its first come first serve. I'll net on the high end wherever I go to in my brackets. I can't complain so long as I get a bit out of whatever alliance gets me for a comeback event when I do pop in. Still I do feel for folks who want to get back into an alliance they bought slots for. I guess if they personally opt out after paying like I did then they shouldn't really get "takey backys". Its on us to accept our choices. If they get booted...well...make your own call folks. It'd be on a case by case basis honestly.

Askani

With 20 minutes left I was #1 and above 400 points. This is how I ended. Not even enough for the 50th award.

Fuck. That. Bullshit.

gKRiP1l.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I see no reason to gun for Lightning Rounds outside of some bottom-of-the-barrel ISO. C'mon, those rewards, with that bracket size? Nope.

Askani

I see no reason to gun for Lightning Rounds outside of some bottom-of-the-barrel ISO. C'mon, those rewards, with that bracket size? Nope.

If you place well it's 3500 ISO plus two standard recruit tokens to sell for more ISO, plus the bonus tokens which can be more useful or be sold. All in all it's about 4k in ISO if you sell everything, or two Lazy Thor levels for me right now. For 1 and 1/2 hours work. And you can do that multiple times a day. It's good ISO generation.

NomarTyme

I lost all my lust for lightning tokens after they nerfed. I mean I got two the other day and got two shitty star characters.

Also Spiderman nerfed has been put into effect. :/

Askani

Got my solo Season 10-pack. And the results are:
OBW (purple)
MN.Mags (red)
Psylock (red)
Bullseye (black)
OBW (black)
X-Force Wolverine (yellow)
Bagman (purple)
Captain America (yellow)
MN.Mags (red)
Thor (yellow)​

Two useful covers. Lucky to see a 4 star come out of it.

KuroNeeko

Man!

I feel like the new in-law at his first dinner with his wife's family with all the negativity going around here. Wish I'd started playing earlier during the "Golden Era."

I've been playing about a week and a half. I went for top 50 last night (perhaps too ambitiously?) and ended at 59. Seemed like everything was going to be fine until the last 20 minutes or so? Then I kept getting 85 / 141 match ups with people who were 100 ~ 200 points higher than me.

I'm not surprised though. I work at a company making a social game and events are pvp-centric. The advantage always, ALWAYS goes to the payer and rewards have been fine-tuned to encourage both spending from emotionally invested F2Pers and normal spenders. As a result, I tend not to play those games. They just end up being more stress than their worth.

I'm having fun with this game, but the amount of "fun pain" and "discomfort" it creates will probably wear on me. It's disappointing, because I met with D3 about two or three years ago and I really pushed them to bring Puzzle Quest back. I've been a fan since the beginning and was disappointed to hear that they would probably be dropping the franchise because it wasn't selling. Thank god for Mahvel.

Currently I have 10 slots and 17 covers in storage. I'm 50 HP away from +3 slots. I got OBWidow, Bullseye, and Ares for the 300 bracket reward from last season.

I feel like I should be transitioning into a 2★ team now, but to do so I'd need to either sell of my 3★ covers (Thor / Pyslocke), my 1★ team (Storm, BW, Iron Man), or drop the 2★s I'm trying to develop (Moonstone, Magneto, Thor, OBW). In storage I have

2★ Bullseye x 4
2★ Ares x 1
2★ Hawkeye x 1
2★ A. Wolvie x 1
1★ Juggernaut x 4
1★ Venom x 6

Guess I'll sell off...maybe Iron Man and bust out Bullseye. With him and Moonstone I can shoot for the 300 - 400 bracket for OBW and maybe 25000 points for another Ares... PvP-wise I guess I can shoot for the 3000 reward (Psylocke) and just concentrate on leveling up my 2★s...wait a second, can you lose points in the Shield Simulator as well, or do you build up points like in PvP? Hmm...guess I should just take it slow and not expect too much. ;)

I'd still like to get into gaf-men if possible. GAF-vengers is way too hardcore for me and I'd probably just drag Kanda down, too. I play a lot, but I'm still pretty weak and I don't spend cash. If MEN is cool with that, then I'm in!

zulux21

I understand some random events which are terrible and hard, with >900 needed for any decent placement, but each individual should be aiming for top-50 in each PvP event.

EDIT:
I think it should also be mentioned that as long as the Season exists, people shouldn't be less interested in a particular event because the awards aren't too beneficial. The ultimate aim should be Fury.

If you want people who is gunning for top-50 in every pvp event then I would need to be moved, because I rarely gun for top 50 but instead 900 points (which is hit or miss for top 50 :p)

as for fury, he would be nice, but at the same time between the season stuff and pve there is serious risk for burn out... when we reached near the end of the season and I saw my personal rewards weren't really going to changed, I put less time into the game, if I keep trying 100% all the time I would never be able to have fun doing anything else. Really in general D3 needs to get less stingy with their rewards... the player base keeps getting bigger and bigger and the rewards stay the same for stuff like alliance rewards and lightning rounds.... and is it really that bad to give everyone that particiapted in a freaken 7 day plus event a single cover for a character... the hulk event was easily the best one because everyone that played it got a cover.... that should be the norm... it would cause people to have to buy more slots, and it would mean as long as you played you wouldn't be at a huge disadvantage in the next event... oh at the end of the event you got called into work and couldn't work on the end of the event... well screw you you are out of your 3 star prize, and you are screwed for the next event unless you pour a crap ton of money into the game to maybe get the cover you are missing...

I am still finding the game enjoyable for now... but there is a real chance that after 3 star mags gets nerfed that I just won't be able to play the game in PVP... from the start I just get max level 3 star teams (which I have a single max level, one at 90 and usually the level 23 that is provided :p) take away my mags abuse and I just won't be able to deal with the pvp matches to get anywhere... it's a problem I can eventually fix with the right cover drops... but at the same time every week it gets harder and harder to finish my 3 stars because they keep flooding the market with them :/

Man!

I feel like the new in-law at his first dinner with his wife's family with all the negativity going around here. Wish I'd started playing earlier during the "Golden Era."

I've been playing about a week and a half. I went for top 50 last night (perhaps too ambitiously?) and ended at 59. Seemed like everything was going to be fine until the last 20 minutes or so? Then I kept getting 85 / 141 match ups with people who were 100 ~ 200 points higher than me.

I'm not surprised though. I work at a company making a social game and events are pvp-centric. The advantage always, ALWAYS goes to the payer and rewards have been fine-tuned to encourage both spending from emotionally invested F2Pers and normal spenders. As a result, I tend not to play those games. They just end up being more stress than their worth.

I'm having fun with this game, but the amount of "fun pain" and "discomfort" it creates will probably wear on me. It's disappointing, because I met with D3 about two or three years ago and I really pushed them to bring Puzzle Quest back. I've been a fan since the beginning and was disappointed to hear that they would probably be dropping the franchise because it wasn't selling. Thank god for Mahvel.

Currently I have 10 slots and 17 covers in storage. I'm 50 HP away from +3 slots. I got OBWidow, Bullseye, and Ares for the 300 bracket reward from last season.

I feel like I should be transitioning into a 2★ team now, but to do so I'd need to either sell of my 3★ covers (Thor / Pyslocke), my 1★ team (Storm, BW, Iron Man), or drop the 2★s I'm trying to develop (Moonstone, Magneto, Thor, OBW). In storage I have

2★ Bullseye x 4
2★ Ares x 1
2★ Hawkeye x 1
2★ A. Wolvie x 1
1★ Juggernaut x 4
1★ Venom x 6

Guess I'll sell off...maybe Iron Man and bust out Bullseye. With him and Moonstone I can shoot for the 300 - 400 bracket for OBW and maybe 25000 points for another Ares... PvP-wise I guess I can shoot for the 3000 reward (Psylocke) and just concentrate on leveling up my 2★s...wait a second, can you lose points in the Shield Simulator as well, or do you build up points like in PvP? Hmm...guess I should just take it slow and not expect too much. ;)

I'd still like to get into gaf-men if possible. GAF-vengers is way too hardcore for me and I'd probably just drag Kanda down, too. I play a lot, but I'm still pretty weak and I don't spend cash. If MEN is cool with that, then I'm in!

your first problem is using moonstone... she should never have money put into her because she just isn't good.... but if you enjoy using her more power to you :p

as for gaf men I don't even know if that alliance is really around much.... I am slowly working on opening up more slots in gaf-kanda though (I started an account on my note and am collecting HP from alliance rewards,, daily rewards and from the main story to buy a slot or two eventually) I am keeping a very small team with the account, but I might need to get a few more slots still to have some options as I take the account from 1 star to 2 star... eventually I will get the hp for another slot in kanda though.... but if others want to buy them first they can :p.

btw if gaf-men is still alive it would be 600hp for the next slot if I recall right.

KuroNeeko

your first problem is using moonstone... she should never have money put into her because she just isn't good.... but if you enjoy using her more power to you :p

I'm only using her because

1) She gets the PvE boost
2) At 1/2/1 she's one of my most developed 2★s (next to Bullseye and MN Mags)
3) She's hot

I will probably sell her off when she loses the PvE bonus if I still need the space. :/ Same with Bullseye.

I don't really enjoy using her, but her Red power hits pretty hard and Purple is a lot more fun now that I know how to use it.

I can't believe expanding an Alliance costs HP. They should base it on ISO which gives ALL players something they can contribute. Social games can't thrive without treating their F2P players right because they all have the potential to be P2P players AND P2P players need someone to compare themselves to. Oh well.

zulux21

I'm only using her because

1) She gets the PvE boost
2) At 1/2/1 she's one of my most developed 2★s (next to Bullseye and MN Mags)
3) She's hot

I will probably sell her off when she loses the PvE bonus if I still need the space. :/ Same with Bullseye.

I don't really enjoy using her, but her Red power hits pretty hard and Purple is a lot more fun now that I know how to use it.

I can't believe expanding an Alliance costs HP. They should base it on ISO which gives ALL players something they can contribute. Social games can't thrive without treating their F2P players right because they all have the potential to be P2P players AND P2P players need someone to compare themselves to. Oh well.

not only does it cost HP, but it's 100 times the slot you are trying to buy, and it has to come from a commander there is no alliance pool of hp... oh and after you make someone a commander you can't kick them... so if they stop playing you have to wait a few weeks and contact support.

and I can understand using moonstone in that case, but never ever sell 3 stars if you can avoid it... as the day after you do there will likely be an event that requires them :p (though more recently it's just been the new guys) in my second account of puzzle quest I am currently just running iron man and storm, and likely won't use any two stars until I get something like thor or ares and a few covers :p

KuroNeeko

not only does it cost HP, but it's 100 times the slot you are trying to buy, and it has to come from a commander there is no alliance pool of hp... oh and after you make someone a commander you can't kick them... so if they stop playing you have to wait a few weeks and contact support.

and I can understand using moonstone in that case, but never ever sell 3 stars if you can avoid it... as the day after you do there will likely be an event that requires them :p (though more recently it's just been the new guys) in my second account of puzzle quest I am currently just running iron man and storm, and likely won't use any two stars until I get something like thor or ares and a few covers :p

Wow.

Well, it's kind of hard to fault D3 since they're still new at this, but that's frakked up.

NomarTyme

If you want people who is gunning for top-50 in every pvp event then I would need to be moved, because I rarely gun for top 50 but instead 900 points (which is hit or miss for top 50 :p)

as for fury, he would be nice, but at the same time between the season stuff and pve there is serious risk for burn out... when we reached near the end of the season and I saw my personal rewards weren't really going to changed, I put less time into the game, if I keep trying 100% all the time I would never be able to have fun doing anything else. Really in general D3 needs to get less stingy with their rewards... the player base keeps getting bigger and bigger and the rewards stay the same for stuff like alliance rewards and lightning rounds.... and is it really that bad to give everyone that particiapted in a freaken 7 day plus event a single cover for a character... the hulk event was easily the best one because everyone that played it got a cover.... that should be the norm... it would cause people to have to buy more slots, and it would mean as long as you played you wouldn't be at a huge disadvantage in the next event... oh at the end of the event you got called into work and couldn't work on the end of the event... well screw you you are out of your 3 star prize, and you are screwed for the next event unless you pour a crap ton of money into the game to maybe get the cover you are missing...

I am still finding the game enjoyable for now... but there is a real chance that after 3 star mags gets nerfed that I just won't be able to play the game in PVP... from the start I just get max level 3 star teams (which I have a single max level, one at 90 and usually the level 23 that is provided :p) take away my mags abuse and I just won't be able to deal with the pvp matches to get anywhere... it's a problem I can eventually fix with the right cover drops... but at the same time every week it gets harder and harder to finish my 3 stars because they keep flooding the market with them :/
How much ISO do you have in reserve? Also I don't see them Nerfing CMag for at least 3-5 weeks....

zulux21

How much ISO do you have in reserve? Also I don't see them Nerfing CMag for at least 3-5 weeks....

I usually have 30k iso in reserve... i'm hovering around 40k right now because there isn't anyone I care about enough to spend it on and because at level 90 my mags seems fine... higher level wouldn't be bad but I don't want to pour to much iso into a character that is likely going to be one of the worst in the game in a few months :/

I mean it's not like I don't have some options, I mean I could put some into my max cover punisher, or my nearly max level hulk, or stuff like that, but I dislike hulk in general, and while punisher isn't bad he is just kind of there to throw cocktails when I use him with my patch.... I mean it's not like I won't be able to kill level 141 teams if they get rid of mags, it will just be a long tedious unfun process until I manage to get the covers up on my lazy daken or black panther (I can't see myself using sentry so even though he is powerful I don't have interest in using him in general)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From my Season I Heroic tokens:

MN Magneto Purple
Modern Hawkeye Purple
Astonishing Wolvie Red
Bag Man Purple
MN Magneto Blue
Invisible Woman Blue
Bag Man Blue

AWW YISSS

My second 4* drop since I started playing :D

zulux21

From my Season I Heroic tokens:

MN Magneto Purple
Modern Hawkeye Purple
Astonishing Wolvie Red
Bag Man Purple
MN Magneto Blue
Invisible Woman Blue
Bag Man Blue

AWW YISSS

My second 4* drop since I started playing :D

i'm hoping they buff 4 star wolverine soon... I actually am getting close to enough covers to use him but he is so useless... I would rather run 2 star wolverine over him @_@

oh hey the spidy nerf hit as well as a rather stupid change to the roster slots...
Gameplay
- Randomized available Environments on pins for Versus Events. (Each pin will use the same environment for the duration of the event, but the environments will vary from event to event.)
- Comic Slots have been reworked from Slots 8-24. Costs are unchanged, but these Slots have been grouped together for group purchases. The intent is to allow users to save for these Comic Slots while making the purchase of these bundles feel more impactful instead of piecemeal. The way this works is that if a user is about to push into one of these bundles, they will see a bundle instead of an individual purchase at that point. So a user at 8 slots will see a bundle for purchase when they want to go from 10 to 11 slots, but since they are already in the 8 slot bracket, they will buy individually until then.
New groupings:
5th slot: 50 HP
6: 50
7: 100
8+9+10 slots purchased as a group: 400 HP
11+12+13: 500
14+15+16: 600
17+18: 500
19+20: 500
21+22: 600
23+24: 600
25 and beyond: as before

aka we are forcing people to buy them in packs at times where it would be hard enough to get the HP to unlock the next slot let along the cost for 3 at once -_-

also I am surprised at the number of players that want healing done away with, or to change the healing to just temp HP that goes away at the end of the battle reverting to the lowest HP total the characters were at in a given match.

NineH

Wow Spiderman sucks so bad now. I guess the purple passive is his best move now but it still sorta sucks. I guess I'll still use his healing but I got used to healing thousands at a time and now the max is what around 2000. Poor Spidey, now just a shell of his former self.

zulux21

Wow Spiderman sucks so bad now. I guess the purple passive is his best move now but it still sorta sucks. I guess I'll still use his healing but I got used to healing thousands at a time and now the max is what around 2000. Poor Spidey, now just a shell of his former self.

it's still slightly better than widow's at level cost... albeit in a crappier color to burn for heals. I mean he is still slightly useful as a support character, he just can't complete a team anymore (aka I still feel it was way to much of a nerf, but at least he isn't Rags bad)

Spoit

it's still slightly better than widow's at level cost... albeit in a crappier color to burn for heals. I mean he is still slightly useful as a support character, he just can't complete a team anymore (aka I still feel it was way to much of a nerf, but at least he isn't Rags bad)

But widow actually brings uitility to the table with her steal. And if you don't have another blue so she steals an extra one, is able to be cast A LOT faster

zulux21

But widow actually brings uitility to the table with her steal. And if you don't have another blue so she steals an extra one, is able to be cast A LOT faster

oh I agree I would take widow over spidy now... but spidy is at least still usable as a low end character designed to just make you live for a long time and not help at all in battle...

I would have designed the nerf a bit differently... for example I would have made his blue move something along the lines of 7 starting AP, reduced by 1ap per cover down to 3, place a web tile on the board and stun target enemy for one turn... two if there is more than 5 web tiles on the board. This would allow you to at least stun lock one enemy without to much trouble (there isn't a huge problem with wasting all of your blue to take care of one enemy, it's locking the entire team up with little ap that was the issue)... I mean I don't know black widow or daredevil's story to well so I don't know how stun happy they actually are, but spiderman's go to move is webbing people so they can't move... his stun should be the best in the game, not on par with everyone else :/

the purple move would be fine with the new version (as it is it's just meh), and it wouldn't be a huge pain to get his yellow heal off in full effect, but I would still likely have it at least 50% stronger than it is now to really make it better than widows.

this is a case like rags where I feel the nerf was really needed but that they went to far I mean at 6 red rag's move should do like 750 damage and drop 5 green tiles if thor can drop 9 and do 2k at 12 yellow.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
Spideys heal is still decent I now get about 1800 without web tiles. Its the stun nerf I hate the most, I see why they did it as it was nasty but putting it up an ap or 2 could have worked.

NineH

Now that Spiderman will be off my team, who would be a decent partner with Magneto? I'm thinking using the Hood just for the stealing because Spiderman was used in my team just to heal. The Hood would be a bit more proactive instead of the defense given by Spiderman. I could also use patch but I'm sure the strike tile madness will backfire on me.

zulux21

Spideys heal is still decent I now get about 1800 without web tiles. Its the stun nerf I hate the most, I see why they did it as it was nasty but putting it up an ap or 2 could have worked.

it would have needed to be 5 min to stay as it is.... as spidy + 2 star mags still equals stun locked enemy team at 3 or 4 ap... at 5 there is a chance it isn't stun locked once you get going. it needed a serious nerf... but it didn't need to be nerfed as bad as it was...
I mean there goal was to put it in line with other stuns... lets compare...

for 10 ap at max covers spider man stuns one enemy for 1 turn and another for 2
at 9ap and max covers the 1 star widow stuns all enemies for 1 turn and one enemy for 5 turns....
yeah... so in line with widow.... I mean even if we look at it with 30ap....
spider man stuns
1 at 1
1 at 2
and 4 at 3 turns.

widow stuns
6 at 1
and 3 at 5

spiderman logically would be used to stun the enemies 1 2 3 and then in order as they run out so he would get a total of 15 stopped moves with his stun...
widow would logically target one, then next turn target the next, and then the next... so on the first stun she would get all of them, the second only 1 of the 1s and the third turn none... so she would get 7+6+5 turns stunned or 18 turns stunned with 3 ap left over....

really no matter how you look at it his stun is now worse than the 1 star widow when it really should be better. I mean to be fair in my nerf he still only get 15 stun with 30ap... but it's much easier to keep going after you have them stunned then at 6ap.

In general people were going to be let down by the nerf though.... at the end of the day spiderman was never going to play the same... just like when mags gets his nerf he won't be able to spawn blue like a fiend or murder by lifting some rocks, or destroy most of the board with 10 ap.

Now that Spiderman will be off my team, who would be a decent partner with Magneto? I'm thinking using the Hood just for the stealing because Spiderman was used in my team just to heal. The Hood would be a bit more proactive instead of the defense given by Spiderman. I could also use patch but I'm sure the strike tile madness will backfire on me.

I use patch... start with green/black + purple/blue boosts... and collect my 9 green... when I have 9 green I look at the board... if there is a ton of blue I strike, if there isn't I try collecting some red up to 8+ at that point you can strike.... you use patch's green move, and then use mag's blue move to make 5+ matches and then 4 matches, making sure you always stay above 5ap.... if you run out of blues to match at at least 4 matches you start spamming red to get some more blue to fall, and repeat with blue when you have enough on the board... still always making sure to keep 5 blue.... if you run short then you use that last 5 blue to take out two of the purple strike tiles you made... usually after all of that there is only 2-3 of each strike tile left, so worst case that leaves you two protect tiles vs one strike tile for about a wash until you can finish the match.... I suppose I use purple somewhere in there, but I only have 1 cover for that so it's not super impressive :p but yeah usually I can take out any given enemy team in 4 turns (less with good luck more with bad luck) and I usually only have to heal every 10 matches or so and only for my mags as wolverine will just heal himself up.

if you go this route make sure to take out Hulk first when you strike..... as falling short and taking 8-18 anger tiles is just painful @_@ (all that green exploding into 5 matchs and combing into crits @_@)

NineH

Good Patch/Magneto strategies

Thanks for all those strategies to digest. I can implement the blue tile strategies but the red one is more difficult since my mags is at 5/3/5. I like to do Magnetic Translocation as my killing blow but using Patch to add extra damage to the blue tiles seems devastating for the opponent, especially if I can chain a ton of blue matches.

shaowebb

Why do you like Sentry so much? I don't really know anything about him outside of what I've seen in game but he seems like a character out of JoJo with those poses.

He represents an idea I find VERY compelling. That having power does not necessarily make someone capable of wielding it. He's one of the most powerful beings ever created in Marvel history. Power of 1000 exploding suns was all people knew of him. Turns out he may very well be like Molecule Man and control reality. Bad thing is he suffers from Paranoia, Manic Depression, and Schizophrenia. He has another personality that manifested in his psyche due to mental illness that is the living embodiment of all his fears. This happens in mental illness but for someone with his powers it is real making his mental issues an extreme threat to himself and others. This entity is known as "the Void".

The more doubt and fear of his own powers and abilities he has the more likely that The Void will come out. He fears The Void and the more he acknowledges it the worse his mental illness gets...Guy can bend adamantium, blow up stars, comeback from being destroyed, tore Ares in half...he's a Superman + level of power and its not likely Marvel has much that could deal with him if he tried throwing down and the guy is mentally unstable and being used.

In general, I like stories like Irredeemable, and Sentry a lot. The idea of someone being able to just handle that much power and not cave into the fact that whatever he does would never be enough is something I fend pretty powerful. Dude got shat on a lot and given a few of the ways some folks who got ahold of him treated his character I can see why. I still think he is one of the best ideas Marvel ever had. He's an event unto himself. Dude is not well and the fact that he knows this makes him a complete wreck who is just one bad push from a breakdown that might result in his psyche breaking and actually making his own imagined worst fears become true due to his powers altering reality.

Guy was originally added to the Avengers before Dark Reign because quite simply he couldn't be left unchecked and they needed to keep him at arms length at all times. Guy used to be one of the biggest heroes but someone hired a psychic powered guy to force him to think that "The Sentry" was just some comic book character and didn't exist...then his own powers took his beliefs and made the world forget. Problem is the tampering started causing all his mental illness and as those things got worse its started to come apart altogether after his mental illness years later and created the concept of "The Void". Suddenly manifesting and coming back but only after mental illness had created that aspect of him was very dangerous because it could become real.

I love the concept like I said...an actual character with depth and doubts is generally fun but one who incorporates this much potential for disaster? I'm in.

Sadist

Oh OG Spidey, my web stun is pretty hard to obtain. I do understand why they did it. When team started to lose HP, I just used the level 40 Venom fight and abuse Spidey's Web Bandages.

Seems the big players all used this methode, because the brackets seem more balanceert now.

zulux21

Thanks for all those strategies to digest. I can implement the blue tile strategies but the red one is more difficult since my mags is at 5/3/5. I like to do Magnetic Translocation as my killing blow but using Patch to add extra damage to the blue tiles seems devastating for the opponent, especially if I can chain a ton of blue matches.

yeah not having 5 red would hurt, but I don't think it would be the end, you would just have to collect a little more red, but at the same time your purple would actually do more than 2k with 6 patch strike tiles on the board :p so you likely wouldn't need red as much lol. I'm still hoping to pull some more mag purple covers as having 1 is sad :(

Aren't the reward amounts supposed to pop back up in the PVE sub-events at least once? Prodigal Sun-China is about to end, and mine never did at all. I ground them down to double digits, and that's pretty much where they stayed. They may have moved up a touch to the mid 100's but that's it.

zulux21

Aren't the reward amounts supposed to pop back up in the PVE sub-events at least once? Prodigal Sun-China is about to end, and mine never did at all. I ground them down to double digits, and that's pretty much where they stayed. They may have moved up a tough to the mid 100's but that's it.

they are always changing how the system works to try to make people trying to abuse it at a loss... perhaps they changed it again.

What was that a list for? I do my best to contribute to -Kanda but I usually do more during the week when I can play at work...er, on break :). Weekends are so busy but I do try to put in some time. At some point I thought about trying to get in the power GAF group but I realize I am just not consistently at a high level enough to justify the move. I did get top 50 in China though. Whoo hoo!

zulux21

What was that a list for? I do my best to contribute to -Kanda but I usually do more during the week when I can play at work...er, on break :). Weekends are so busy but I do try to put in some time. At some point I thought about trying to get in the power GAF group but I realize I am just not consistently at a high level enough to justify the move. I did get top 50 in China though. Whoo hoo!

that was just him showing off he was in first :p

also yay from my heroic token I got a lazy red thor :p

that was just him showing off he was in first :p

also yay from my heroic token I got a lazy red thor :p

I was just disappointed that I wasn't showing on the list. I may not be top 3 in -Kanda but I do try to get near the top 5 most of the time (if not higher).

EDIT: Just as a for instance, I am (or was, about 30 minutes ago) #6 in the alliance for Prodigal Sun. For Season 2 I am currently #4, but that is obviously quite early in the event.

kswiston

Wow.

Well, it's kind of hard to fault D3 since they're still new at this, but that's frakked up.

D3/Demiurge have shit customer service/support. I played Puzzle and Dragons pretty much daily for a year or so, and they always erred on the side of pleasing the customer. Some problem with their game being down or the drop rates on a rare egg machine being off? Free stones (currency) and compensation for all. They also steadily increased the amount of free currency they passed out. At first it was like 0-5 a month, now it's like 15 a month.

During the last hulk event a couple months ago, my game got glitched and I was unable to play any of the PVE battles for 48 hours. I dropped from rank 2500 to rank 8000, going from a guaranteed 2 lazy thor covers to not even getting one. When I contacted customer support they got back to me 2 weeks later with what basically amounted to "Lol, sucks to be you"

D3 also has been increasingly stingy with HP

zulux21

D3/Demiurge have shit customer service/support. I played Puzzle and Dragons pretty much daily for a year or so, and they always erred on the side of pleasing the customer. Some problem with their game being down or the drop rates on a rare egg machine being off? Free stones (currency) and compensation for all. They also steadily increased the amount of free currency they passed out. At first it was like 0-5 a month, now it's like 15 a month.

During the last hulk event a couple months ago, my game got glitched and I was unable to play any of the PVE battles for 48 hours. I dropped from rank 2500 to rank 8000, going from a guaranteed 2 lazy thor covers to not even getting one. When I contacted customer support they got back to me 2 weeks later with what basically amounted to "Lol, sucks to be you"

D3 also has been increasingly stingy with HP

yup, at the very least I feel that with these darn 7-9 day events they should be run like the hulk event and as long as you compete in them you will get one cover.... it would please a lot of people, and likely get people to spend money on HP for slots and maybe even covers for them.... sure they wouldn't get people fishing for a single cover... but most people that would fish for a single cover with their packs would fish for a few more to power up their character anyways... beyond that it would mean if you don't give a crap you could take the cover and take a few days break... I know they want you playing all of the time, but you have to give people the option to take a break so they don't completely burn out... I mean heck all I have done in the last week in puzzles and dragons is spend 30 seconds to log in each day and collect my rewards.... during that time they have given me a number of bonus items, including 5 stones for an issue I didn't even have...

D3 need to be less stingy in general and aim to please the players... with the rate they are releasing new content even if they give away a bunch of stuff they don't really have to be afraid of people going... well I have everything now I am done.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
Think they gave too many points for the hubs in sentry initially so are trying to reign it back, pretty annoying.

Looks like my psylocke bracket is pretty chilled 450 has me in the 80s.

KuroNeeko

I wonder if I should regret selling off my Bullseyes. I probably got enough of them over the event to max his sorry arse out. What the crap is he doing in a Fresh Cut pack! :/

Sitting at about 30 something in PvP but I don't expect it to last. I'm not worried, as long as I play top 200, I'll be happy.

PvE on the other hand, what the heck happened to the point totals? :p Just curious, but how long does it usually take the quests to fully refresh?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The Wakanda even if horrible points wise... 167 commander/168 BP/168 Grenadier for... 119 points?

LA is also giving shit points, though the fights are all super easy mode. Wakanda though?

I need 3k more to get.. a Ares cover.. that who gives a shit about... if you got the covers already to get through Wakanda you'd have a fully covered Ares 4 or 5 times over by now.

At least make these fights worth the points to take them... triple digit hero/villian fights need to give 200+ at the min towards your score.

Askani

Two short PVP events, a month long SHIELD event, underneath a Season umbrella, at the same time as a 9 day PVE event?

You've lost your goddamn mind, D3.

Bairds

Neo Member
Also why'd the bastards take out the first time +200 points for completing a step in the PVE events? I know why ($$$) but I can't help but ask.

zulux21

Also why'd the bastards take out the first time +200 points for completing a step in the PVE events? I know why ($$$) but I can't help but ask.

yup money grabs, they keep taking one step forward (giving money rewards for alliance daily) and taking a larger step back (removing first time bonus from completing pve nodes)

In general they need to be less greedy... I mean hell... they could at least make it so if you replay pve nodes they match the rewards you can get from pvp... 20iso is a freaken joke, especially when you often need to play the same node 15-20 times to get the 4 freaken rewards :/ but alas I am still having a little fun, there is still a pretty good chance I stop playing when Mags gets nerfed.

zulux21

Is the Mag nerf expected for the 2* or 3* version? Or both?

just the 3 star version, and expect it to be a hard one... I'm expecting his red move to go up to 6 and do only slightly more damage, and maybe even destroy a tile less... his blue move to go up to like 12 and do the same... and his purple move to only do like 1k damage at max level/covers...

Bairds

Neo Member
yup money grabs, they keep taking one step forward (giving money rewards for alliance daily) and taking a larger step back (removing first time bonus from completing pve nodes)

In general they need to be less greedy... I mean hell... they could at least make it so if you replay pve nodes they match the rewards you can get from pvp... 20iso is a freaken joke, especially when you often need to play the same node 15-20 times to get the 4 freaken rewards :/ but alas I am still having a little fun, there is still a pretty good chance I stop playing when Mags gets nerfed.

Hopefully they do back off and take a look at their crash grabbing situation. I've had Magneto but have been holding off on really leveling him due to the upcoming nerf, I did decide to level post-nerf Spider-Man as I feel a 141 Spidey will be a great replacement for OBW (Who i bet gets some sort of nerf in the future, how I don't know) and a better detractor in PVP. Personally if I see a 141 Spidey in place of an 85 OBW i'll be skipping that match.

Top Bottom