• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

IoCaster

Quick question for those that have been fortunate enough to have played the game already. If you don't import a save is there a default romantic relationship with one of the ME1 squad?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EatChildren said:
From what we know, yes, which is the 'role-playing' focus of ME2 it would seem; plot arch, overall story, and conversations.

Which is fine for me, but is bound to disappoint some others.

Thats what I'm worried about if the people I know who are already playing are correct.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Sebulon3k said:
This is the url for the user entitlements section

http://social.bioware.com/me_user_entitlements.php

If you recognize the site, put in your user / pass and you should see the Blood Dragon Armor promotion for ME2. Btw I don't think that you can put in your DA codes if you don't have a Bioware social network account.

Do you or anyone else know if Mass Effect Galaxy show up in there or anywhere else on the social network? Cause I just beat it earlier today but I dont see anything there.

I'm a little peeved at where I encountered the disc switch. It popped up as I was about to start a non-mandatory side quest. I'm starting to wonder if I'll have to switch back at some point.

daoster

Orbitcube said:
I'm just going to put this here. (minor spoiler about something you can buy)

YOU CAN BUY A MOTHER FUCKING SPACE HAMSTER HOW FUCKING AWESOME IS THAT

BOO FROM BALDUR'S GATE 2????

Oh it's on!!!

Swag

Enduin said:
Do you or anyone else know if Mass Effect Galaxy show up in there or anywhere else on the social network? Cause I just beat it earlier today but I dont see anything there.

I didn't see anything in the hype thread or in this thread saying that anyone has seen the Galaxy entitlement show up. At this point I don't even think that anyone knows what it is.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DoctorWho said:
I'm a little peeved at where I encountered the disc switch. It popped up as I was about to start a non-mandatory side quest. I'm starting to wonder if I'll have to switch back at some point.

From the other thread someone said you have to swtich discs twice in the game

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
For PC gamers, I've acquired the list of settings in the Graphics menu:

Windowed
Window Mode
Aspect Ratio/Res.
High Quality Bloom
Film Grain
Motion Blur
Dynamic Shadows
Light Environment Shadows
Number of Cinematic Lights
Use Spherical Harmonic Lighting
Anisotropic Filtering

No AA options

Papa

Banned
Can't wait for this. Sequel to one of my favourite games ever. I do have one question though.

I played as a soldier in the first game and really regret my decision. If I carry this character over, will I be stuck as a soldier again?

SpudBud

matt404au said:
Can't wait for this. Sequel to one of my favourite games ever. I do have one question though.

I played as a soldier in the first game and really regret my decision. If I carry this character over, will I be stuck as a soldier again?
No you can change it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
matt404au said:

No, I believe you can switch classes with an import.

SlickVic

matt404au said:

No you can choose a new class

Edit: Beaten!

Swag

K.Jack said:
No AA options

Man I must be the only person that didn't like playing ME with AA on, I have an HD 4890 and it brought my Frame Rate to places I didn't want it at all even with only 2x AA forced through the CC.

At least there's an AF option this time around.

Ephemeris said:
Memory's a lil fuzzy, but didn't you link the game/login to your EA account after you finished the game?

Yeah I just did and it said the reward is waiting for me in ME2. Is there any trace of it in the Social site yet?

Rhino

me2-grunt.jpg

Dibs!

Ephemeris

BenjaminBirdie said:
Yeah I just did and it said the reward is waiting for me in ME2. Is there any trace of it in the Social site yet?
Not yet I believe.

matt404au said:

... but what the others forgot to mention, is that you don't want to switch from the soldier class because of .. well I don't need no damn reasons.

pahamrick

I just got back from watching a buddy of mine play this for about 12 hours straight. I guess that's what I get for pre-ordering, I miss out on early releases from local shops. :(

A few spoilers from stuff I saw while watching him play off and on. I'm going to try and keep story related stuff out so folks who accidentally highlight aren't hugely spoiled.

Looks like the alternate outfits are just color swaps of the normal outfits, save for Jack who actually gets a vest instead of the nipple straps.

You're able to get access to another weapon type if you're not playing as a Soldier. My friend was playing as an Adept, and ended up picking the Sniper as his next weapon type. This occurs during a story mission, a bit into the game. I think he was about 10 hours in when he got to that point.

The only N7 mission I saw was lame. It involved Shepard being dropped by himself, and having to activate three switches by switching power between them in order for them to be activated.

If you played a Paragon in ME1, and were the nice guy to everyone -- expect to see lots of familiar faces pop up in ME2 randomly in the hub worlds. I'll be more specific on this if anyone would like.

Sigh. Now I just have to wait until Tuesday so I can start playing. Hope UPS delivers early.

Swag

pahamrick said:
You're able to get access to another weapon type if you're not playing as a Soldier. My friend was playing as an Adept, and ended up picking the Sniper as his next weapon type. This occurs during a story mission, a bit into the game. I think he was about 10 hours in when he got to that point.

Fucken Awesome, Pistol / Assault Rifle Adept ftw

LongTimeLurker said:
Never seen the site, but I have the blood armor in DA:O hmmm

What platform did you play it on?

I have to say, while Galaxy was highly simplistic and short, it is fun to see another slice of the galaxy and yet another alien race that hates humans, and why.

I'm finishing up ME1 campaign before Tuesday comes. Since my save files were accidentally deleted I've had to force myself to play a new guy. Got him up to level 30 so far. But once I beat this run of campaign that's it, no more till I import and I'll take whatever bonuses they give me. One question though, can I get exp from pinnacle station? I might try and level up that way a good ammount before I beat the campaign if I can get a good ammount of exp out of it.

One thing that is annoying me seeing footage of the game.

Cosmetic changes based on alignment.

I know the fiction at the beginning is supposed to back it up, the whole
killed in attack, reconstructed by cerberus, etc.
, but that doesn't at all explain your face coming apart just because you happen to be evil. At least in KOTOR and KOTOR II the cosmetic changes could be explained away by the force. The ME universe is supposed to be "realistic" without those metaphysical trappings.

It's probably explained away by the biotic talent somehow aligning with your brain chemistry and reacting to your morals. Yes, Bioware, that totally explains how the character has ripped apart skin and bright red eyes just because they happen to hit people around a bit too often.

If you're on 360 and have already linked your GamerTag to an EA account, use that email and PW to log into the BioWare social site. That should link up everything you need. Just make sure you log into the EA/BioWare thing with the same ID and PW after you beat Galaxy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SPACECADET said:
One question though, can I get exp from pinnacle station? I might try and level up that way a good ammount before I beat the campaign if I can get a good ammount of exp out of it.

You get XP for getting the top scores in each map on Pinnacle Station, though I dont recall how much exactly. You dont get XP for the kills as that would allow grinding.

Lunchbox

Banned
EatChildren said:
You get XP for getting the top scores in each map on Pinnacle Station, though I dont recall how much exactly. You dont get XP for the kills as that would allow grinding.

did they fix the glitch with the greatest hits edition and pinacle station?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Peronthious said:

Um, not really.

I don't wanna spoil anything, but there is a better reason than your biotics adjusting your brain chemistry to create the scars.

Also, even if you are a renegade, you can get rid of the scars with an in-game credit purchase.

Chris R

Pankaks said:
Never say no. There might be no native support, but I'm betting there will be some easy way to config Xpadder or whatever to have the controller working within the week.

I for one can't wait for the Steam Holiday sale in 11 months so I can pick this up :D

Swag

Does anyone else have a problem with the annoying red veins that appear on screen when you take damage? Honestly those things are almost as bad / on par with the MW2 Tomato Juice splatter

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lunchbox said:
did they fix the glitch with the greatest hits edition and pinacle station?

No idea, I have it for PC. I didnt encounter any glitches though. Its pretty shit anyway and not really worth investing in unless you're a completionist or something.

Hylian7

After reading the OP, I noticed it said the Steam unlock date is the 28th. What is the source on that?! I hope it's not true.

gillty

Banned
rhfb said:
Never say no. There might be no native support, but I'm betting there will be some easy way to config Xpadder or whatever to have the controller working within the week.

I for one can't wait for the Steam Holiday sale in 11 months so I can pick this up :D
why would you want to use a 360 pad, when its the mouse and keyboard interface? :lol

EatChildren said:
Alright, thanks. I guess I'll just take whatever level I get to when I finish the main campaign. Focus more on story decision. I wish pinnacle was good grinding material though :(

Swag

Hylian7 said:
After reading the OP, I noticed it said the Steam unlock date is the 28th. What is the source on that?! I hope it's not true.

That's probably an error, I believe it's:

January 26 - US
January 29 - EU

Not sure for the Aus

Cday

Banned
I think it's worth "bitching" about since so many other multiplatform games, GFWL or otherwise have native 360 pad support. How a port to a game that started out 360 only wound up without this option if beyond dumbfounding. But hey, it's just EA trying to leave their mark on something that's beyond their developmental capabilities. Since they're doing the port I guess it's their right but I don't have to be happy with it nor will I be happy with it.

Swag

Cday said:
But hey, it's just EA trying to leave their mark on something that's beyond their developmental capabilities. Since they're doing the port I guess it's their right but I don't have to be happy with it nor will I be happy with it.

I think in the case of ME2 though it's different then what happened with ME1. ME2 PC version was constructed in such a way that it benefited from what the PC platform had to offer ( KB / M) and not just a straight port from the 360 version.

That's pretty much the reason that they've given in interviews and such as to why they excluded gamepad support for ME2.

Sai

Nice OP.

Er, probably won't get an answer again, but for those of you who've played the game, or have been watching footage of it online:

How are the enemies' use of Biotics compared to the first game? Are they still limited to Warp, and the Throw that stuns you for a few seconds? Can enemy Engineers use Drones? If so, is it possible to use AI Hacking on them?

Peronthious said:

I know the fiction at the beginning is supposed to back it up, the whole
killed in attack, reconstructed by cerberus, etc.
, but that doesn't at all explain your face coming apart just because you happen to be evil. At least in KOTOR and KOTOR II the cosmetic changes could be explained away by the force. The ME universe is supposed to be "realistic" without those metaphysical trappings.

It's probably explained away by the biotic talent somehow aligning with your brain chemistry and reacting to your morals. Yes, Bioware, that totally explains how the character has ripped apart skin and bright red eyes just because they happen to hit people around a bit too often.
The way Shepard's appearance gradually changes has to do with his temperment or something. The calmer he is, the faster his face heals up, while being a hotblooded Renegade douche makes it worse.

You're able to change your appearance back to normal at some point in the game, I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom