• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Citadel |OT| The best.

Zen

Banned
Mass Effect 2 is the best.

Best crew too.

mass_effect_2_15.png

Awwwwww yiss.

1 has the best crew. Looking at your roster for Mass Effect 2 is like seeing the lineup of a Saturday morning cartoon that's ticking all the diversity boxes and everyone is supercharged!!!

*3 has the worst squad.

Dr Dogg

Most people who played the game here love it.It's definitely the best Mass Effect DLC.

Ok thanks. Gah I might have to spulrge but felt burned by Omega at 1200 Disney Dollars (anyone know if that DA2 BioWare point loophole is still available?). Leviathan was good though.

Complistic

was the biggest mass effect fan ever, but now I just don't care how good the DLC is, I can't justify giving bioware more money.

1 has the best crew. Looking at your roster for Mass Effect 2 is like seeing the lineup of a Saturday morning cartoon that's ticking all the diversity boxes and everyone is supercharged!!!

*3 has the worst squad.

1 was a cavalcade of characters that had every right to be interesting, but just weren't. There's a reason the cast substantially changes in 2.

MAtgS

It occurs to me
the clone probably survived. If 1 Shepard can survive being flung from an exploding space station, burning up in re-entry & hitting the surface of the planet at terminal velocity then hitting the side of a building doesn't sound very definite

ME3's ending: the gift that keeps on giving!

I was expecting them to add reference
Cloneshep
in the assault on Cerberus' mission during the main game, but they didn't.
Hearing Shepard going on about not knowing what he is when he knows they even made a clone to give his original body spare parts was kinda weird.

The Citadel credits have a "In memory of Robin Sachs" in them, which is cool.

MaddenNFL64

Best DLC of the whole series, and that's saying something.

Thanks for the send off Bioware, loved it. Plus the Arena is pretty damn fun.

Nori Chan

You really think Samara will show up after she
killed herself?

I have no idea when the earliest the dlc can be played and I want the maximum people to be there.

And I'm also guessing I don't get Mordin recordings if
I shot him in the back....

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Of course
clone Shepard survived
. Who else
woke up amidst the rubble in the destroy ending
;).

witness

Just finished this. It was amazing and so funny. A few truly heartwarming and sad moments. So worth it.

And now to see what all the fuss was about and finally finish this game......

Moonlight

Banned
Hey, I can't find my disc 2 of ME3. I loaded my end-game save, and it looks like I can still walk around the Citadel on disc 1, but does it matter what disc I use for Citadel?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Of course
clone Shepard survived
. Who else
woke up amidst the rubble in the destroy ending
;).
Another blow against indoctrination theory.

Walking around the apartment
with the damaged N7 suit
is kinda creepy, as it makes the DLC feel quite surreal.

Pic of manufactured example:
hxxp://www.abload.de/image.php?img=masseffect32013-03-069oj6a.png

I need a new coalesced.bin to get the all the available clothes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Walking around the apartment
with the damaged N7 suit
is kinda creepy, as it makes the DLC feel quite surreal.

Pic of manufactured example:
hxxp://www.abload.de/image.php?img=masseffect32013-03-069oj6a.png

Like some weird fucking purgatory.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
My one hope for ME4 is for it to have better facial animations, to better replicate emotions. Looking at these character's blank expressions is tiresome. I'm sure they'll be able to do it, with whatever engine they use next -- Frostbite or UT4 or w/e.

Like some weird fucking purgatory.
I was going to say limbo, but it's pretty much the same thing.
It's like saying goodbye to everyone as you die/are dead/trapped in limbo.

Zen

Banned
My one hope for ME4 is for it to have better facial animations, to better replicate emotions. Looking at these character's blank expressions is tiresome. I'm sure they'll be able to do it, with whatever engine they use next -- Frostbite or UT4 or w/e.

Maybe Frostbite will make it easier, but facial animations have only gotten worse throughout the series, and that's down the development making them less and less of priority.

1 was a cavalcade of characters that had every right to be interesting, but just weren't. There's a reason the cast substantially changes in 2.

The people themselves weren't as interesting (read: forced) in ME1, but the fact tthat they were providing context for this brand new and interesting world made them very engaging.

ME2 has two standout characters, Moridin and Legion, but that's two out of a total of 12 characters that all add virtually nothing. They aren't interesting on their own because squad mates in ME2 are much more 2 dimensional archetypes than anyone in ME1, and generally contribute nothing to the mythos. Those that do, Samara for example with the Asari Justicar, are very one note, plain and cliche. The only two exceptions to this are Legion and Moridin, and thane to a degree, since he provides great insight into the Hanar.

On an individual basis Moridin and Legion are probably better than any ME squadmate, but as a whole the ME2 cast is a cavalcade generic stereotypes that aren't interesting within the context of the world or as people to speak to.

EDIT: Miranda provided decent insight into Cerberus, but the retconning on them made it all a bit much to swallow.

this dlc is fantastic. the crew seem more like the team from firefly and I really liked it.

im at the combat simulator now. should I try for those achievements before organising the rest of the things for final bit?

any tips to get the 9999 points or the investigating something weird achievement?

this dlc is fantastic. the crew seem more like the team from firefly and I really liked it.

im at the combat simulator now. should I try for those achievements before organising the rest of the things for final bit?

any tips to get the 9999 points or the investigating something weird achievement?

I really dig the arena. It adds significantly to the value of the DLC once you...err...dig into it. I got the 9999 Achievement when following the email requests on the scoreboard and doing the one requesting a match in the
Sino (iirc, darker space environment) area against Elite reapers
. Broke 10k on first try, no parameter limitation/score boost needed.

Add: and regularly checking those emails on the bottom right of the Armax scoreboard gets the chain of events going for the "something strange" achievement

kurahador

You need to enter the place (or play?? i dunno) at least. One of your teammate won't meet you if you didn't do that.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I finished the combat part, but haven't started the party yet and forgot to finish Miranda's questline. Can I leave the DLC, finish Miranda, then come back and get her to the party? I think her and Thessia are all I have left.

Also, regarding the combat portion of the DLC
is Wrex the only old character you can get on your squad?

I finished the combat part, but haven't started the party yet and forgot to finish Miranda's questline. Can I leave the DLC, finish Miranda, then come back and get her to the party? I think her and Thessia are all I have left.

Also, regarding the combat portion of the DLC
is Wrex the only old character you can get on your squad?

Yes, I did this myself, finishing Miranda quest then going back and doing the party.

Also yes to the second question regarding story-line combat.

I really dig the arena. It adds significantly to the value of the DLC once you...err...dig into it. I got the 9999 Achievement when following the email requests on the scoreboard and doing the one requesting a match in the
Sino (iirc, darker space environment) area against Elite reapers
. Broke 10k on first try, no parameter limitation/score boost needed.

Add: and regularly checking those emails on the bottom right of the Armax scoreboard gets the chain of events going for the "something strange" achievement

cheers for that mate. I guess ill just keep playing and working on those emails then

X-Frame

Just "finished" the DLC and I loved it!

I'm assuming I also have a lot more content to experience after the main missions are over? For example, people linked videos here of
Grunt & C-Sec? I never got that in mine. If I keep returning to my apartment do I get new emails or do I need to keep just walking around the new Citadel DLC areas?

All in all, this DLC makes for a fantastic "ending" and if I do another playthrough I think I'll end with this and skip the Cerberus HQ/London/Starchild business entirely.

Jintor

I like ME and its universe but man, I'd forgotten how awkward the engine is or how weirdly plastic everybody looks or the immaculately coiffered hair.

I lol'd at the black tie event. Still going through, gotta stop to do some cooking, but having an alright time so far.

Top Bottom