• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Citadel |OT| The best.

DTKT

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a Paragon Shepard with Tali romanced? I think I might have lost mine after a reformat and Origin cloud saves don't seem to be working.

Coldsnap

So far this DLC hasn't had enough Miranda. Hell all of mE3 didn't have enough of her.. dunno why they made that decision.

The group photo in the DLC is different compared to what's shown in the trailer, at least for me. In the trailer, Shepard's looking at the camera, but mine has Shep looking at Liara (my Shep's LI). Is it like this for everyone else? Does your LI take the place of Liara in the photo? Haven't had the chance to go back with another Shep profile.

Screencap

Group photo is the same for me and i had Ashley as romance in ME3, Miranda in ME2 and noone in ME1.
Shep looks to Liara.

Bladenic

So far this DLC hasn't had enough Miranda. Hell all of mE3 didn't have enough of her.. dunno why they made that decision.

Dunno about the DLC, but out of the ME2 cast she probably has the largest role in ME3. Of course I wanted more since she's awesome and one of my faves.

iLLmAtlc

I thought she was going to be involved in the actual mission (and Jack) because they were one of the primary figures on the Citadel promotional image and Miranda was in a screenshot with the rest of the squad. Was slightly disappointed that both of them are not, however, but oh well.

Blastoise

Banned
Ow4iyJDl.jpg

Mine got screwed up by the famous Mass Effect Neck Twist™. But yeah your LI stands next to you. Maybe if you are a no romance Shep he looks straight at the camera.

edit : Got the soundtrack. The feels man, the feels. Also was listening to it while playing MP, and on a Krogan Warlord game Shepard's Tango came on...It was SO RIGHT.

Why is EDI looking at Sheppard as well in this photo?

Mass Effect 2 was how I learned to hate playing DLC for games I've finished (even Shadow Broker, which most people love, felt like a giant waste of time to me), but this was worth the time and money. If only they had put half as much thought into the game's ending that they put into this concentrated nugget of fan service.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not even into FemShep, but I have to say the Garrus-Shep romance scene is one of the best realized bits in this DLC: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uvbdTPw6XQc#t=5m43s
Just awesome lol

Really impressive DLC overall and everyone even remotely invested in Mass Effect's characters absolutely has to play this. Seriously. This is why you love Mass Effect!

I don't want to spoil the scene for myself, but i guess i'll have to make myself a 5th Shepard to see this. The others have romanced Liara, Tali, Kaidan and Ashley. Not really gonna bother with Jack or Miranda, Traynor, Cortez or (lol) Jacob.

Vashetti

Banned
I don't want to spoil the scene for myself, but i guess i'll have to make myself a 5th Shepard to see this. The others have romanced Liara, Tali, Kaidan and Ashley. Not really gonna bother with Jack or Miranda, Traynor, Cortez or (lol) Jacob.

You'd be surprised at the Miranda romance, it's actually great.

It was my first choice.

Bisnic

You'd be surprised at the Miranda romance, it's actually great.

It was my first choice.

I might as well just try to find ME2 completed saves with Garrus and Miranda romanced. Replaying ME1 and ME2 twice again wouldn't bother me that much since i like the games, but it would take such a long time to get from Eden Prime in ME1 to the Citadel DLC in ME3 that it's not worth it.

I had A romance with Miranda, but than I broke up with her, for a romance with Tali.

It started with a romance with liara in ME1. My Shepard is not interested in humans, but ME3's story seems to not be taking note to it.

This game is awesome. I will be buying livianthon DLC and Citadel.

I might as well just try to find ME2 completed saves with Garrus and Miranda romanced. Replaying ME1 and ME2 twice again wouldn't bother me that much since i like the games, but it would take such a long time to get from Eden Prime in ME1 to the Citadel DLC in ME3 that it's not worth it.
Nah saves are enough. It's pretty awesome, but not worth replaying the whole series over and over just for one scene. Your picks are pretty solid, just add Garrus and Miranda and you should see the best stuff. Maybe replace Ashley with Traynor, since Ashley's scene is very brief and not as good as the others.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lol, just listened to the bombcast and im amazed this is actually really good. Its been completely off my radar. Damn, any word of a disc release for the dlc or whatnots?

Bombless

Why is EDI looking at Sheppard as well in this photo?

I have no idea. Tali's head seems dangerously twisted as well as Joker looking behind him. It might be related to the weird bug that twists heads randomly in conversations, I'll have to replay the party a couple times and see if it happens again.

Haha, I didn't even notice the first time around the squadmates
referencing the removal of the Mako in the sequels. And I think, making a joke about how much fans didn't like the Hammerhead compared to the Mako as well, after you meet your clone
. Great stuff.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I'm not even into FemShep, but I have to say the Garrus-Shep romance scene is one of the best realized bits in this DLC: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uvbdTPw6XQc#t=5m43s
Just awesome lol

Really impressive DLC overall and everyone even remotely invested in Mass Effect's characters absolutely has to play this. Seriously. This is why you love Mass Effect!
They should just release The Sims: Mass Effect. EA has the rights to both, I'm sure it's in their future, with online-capable DRM.

velociraptor

So I've played the game until you find out
Brooks betrays you, and cloneShep hijacks the Normandy
, but I've been somewhat disappointed. The game feels boring.

I was more excited by the other DLCs.

Bisnic

So I've played the game until you find out
Brooks betrays you, and cloneShep hijacks the Normandy
, but I've been somewhat disappointed. The game feels boring.

I was more excited by the other DLCs.

The funny comments and scenes don't do anything for you so far? Anyway, this DLC is mostly fan service, so if you don't care about the characters or the inside jokes that much, it's probably going to be less interesting for you.

I'm so glad I played this.
After the Leviathan dlc gave me a bit more closure in regards to the trilogy's main plot this one did the same for these fantastic characters.
This game just shouldn't be experienced without these 2 pieces of dlc. The ending still bothers me but the fact that the citadel dlc will be my last memory of the trilogy really helps. I've come to really care for a lot of these characters (how could you possibly not love characters like Garrus, Tali, Liara, Joker, etc) and this dlc was the perfect sendoff.

Best ME dlc ever. Be sure to check it out if you haven't.

velociraptor

The funny comments and scenes don't do anything for you so far? Anyway, this DLC is mostly fan service, so if you don't care about the characters or the inside jokes that much, it's probably going to be less interesting for you.
Dialogue was pretty funny, though it feels stale in terms of gameplay.

Necron

Just awesome lol

Just saw that yesterday while playing. One of the best scenes of the whole DLC in my opinion. Somehow those animations look better than all the others. Can't really pinpoint why though...

ultron87

During Traynor's little scene in the arcade
the dramatic eye zoom ins were so damn funny. They were just so out of place for Mass Effect. Which made it awesome.

Also, the various random conversation of the Alliance marine talking about the dumb stuff her multiplayer teammates were doing as in universe actions was really funny. "And what did the Vanguard do? He charged. Of course."

I enjoyed the "mission" segment well enough but the stuff that unlocks after you resolve that definitely seems like the best part of this DLC. Stick with it!

Bisnic

If you think its stale in terms of gameplay, despite having some new stuff like minigames or "stealth" sections, you must think the rest of the game was nothing special since it was just "shoot, run, shoot, run, shoot, run, extra turret section, shoot, run, repeat." :p

During Traynor's little scene in the arcade
the dramatic eye zoom ins were so damn funny. They were just so out of place for Mass Effect. Which made it awesome.

Also, the various random conversation of the Alliance marine talking about the dumb stuff her multiplayer teammates were doing as in universe actions was really funny. "And what did the Vanguard do? He charged. Of course."

I enjoyed the "mission" segment well enough but the stuff that unlocks after you resolve that definitely seems like the best part of this DLC. Stick with it!

I think I may be the only person who enjoyed the mission part more than the post mission part. Not for the gameplay or anything, but I enjoyed the silly, trope-y, predictable plot and comedy during it more than the most of the character interactions that followed.

Hate to ask this again (I'm sure it has been asked a million times), but I want to avoid spoilers so I dont want to go through the thread (or online). Is it worth buying for 15 bucks? Mass Effect is one of m favorite series and this seems like real fun fan service. But 15 is pretty pricey for a DLC pack... is it a no brainer to get this? Thank you!

So this DLC is worth it? I am considering to buy it.

^

Montresor

Sorry if this subject has been beat to death but is there a way to manufacture a save file on Xbox 360 that has specific decisions / living squad mates? I lost my save files and I'm going to need to start a fresh save and work my way up to the middle of the game (I think you need to reach the middle of the story before you are permitted to play Citadel).

Bisnic

Hate to ask this again (I'm sure it has been asked a million times), but I want to avoid spoilers so I dont want to go through the thread (or online). Is it worth buying for 15 bucks? Mass Effect is one of m favorite series and this seems like real fun fan service. But 15 is pretty pricey for a DLC pack... is it a no brainer to get this? Thank you!

^

If you like the ME characters, it's a no brainer. This DLC has the most content they ever done in a DLC + it's very funny + good soundtrack + lots of replay value to see all the differences with LIs or squadmates.

RdN

Just finished it. It's total fan service, the jokes were great, characters too.

My favorite DLC, by far.

Bombless

There's also a scene with Joker at the bar upstairs.

Missed that one the first time around.

Joker's 15 minutes of fame was so funny. Laughed my ass through his narration. And his reaction to me backing his story was even better.
Seth Green is a great VA.

Sorry if this subject has been beat to death but is there a way to manufacture a save file on Xbox 360 that has specific decisions / living squad mates? I lost my save files and I'm going to need to start a fresh save and work my way up to the middle of the game (I think you need to reach the middle of the story before you are permitted to play Citadel).
Yeah the save editor works for both 360 and PC.

For some reason, i never get an email from Jack to meet with her. I'm sure there is something, as everyone else have at least one scene.

As far as I am aware to get Jack to email you
have to take part in at least one match in the Citadel Arena. Once you do that she sends you an email inviting you to the Arena to do a match with her. After you do the match she emails you again asking if she can pop around to the apartment and you get very different scenes depending on whether you romanced her or not

I just played through ME2 for the umpteenth time, and I'm about to play ME3 for the first time since March with all the DLCs installed.

Hearing all this talk about how good Citadel is is making me getting all these warm and fuzzy feelings.

To be honest, I don't even care about the last 2 hours of ME3. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a foregone conclusion that Shepard's going to win. The how and the why doesn't matter at all. My problem with the ending's always been that the companions had been ignored. I just didn't want Mass Effect to end with Shepard/Anderson/TIM.

Bombless

Then this DLC is perfect for you. You go there just before the point of no return and you will get a fantastic ending worthy of rememberance.

Top Bottom