• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

nel e nel

Tried that the other night. It's amazing. Think I might just roll with flame and cryo, distruptor later when I get the perk to unlock extra consumable slots. Even the scorpion SMG does a good job against shields.

Yeah, I'm running a combat enhanced biotic build (only using passive combat skills: pistol, AR and fitness), and the Pathfinder SMG with disruptor ammo is ridiculous. I crafted a level IV with clip size augs and mods and it holds 149 rounds per clip. Very stable too, almost no kickback.

I'm wearing N7 armor even though I'm heavier on tech than biotics--because it's Mass Effect and I couldn't bring myself to wear something else.

I'm playing on Normal so the bonuses hardly matter.

Nekrono

I'm wearing N7 armor even though I'm heavier on tech than biotics--because it's Mass Effect and I couldn't bring myself to wear something else.

I hear you fellow pathfinder, I'm rocking the N7 armor because I look damn awesome.

I do have two profiles and one is biotics but I usually roll with my tech profile, fuck armor stats I prefer fashion first, playing on hardcore here.

bati

Does anyone use the Heleus Defender armor set?

It seems like the best looking armor (to me) but the fact that the chest piece comes with arms and legs means the total stat bonuses are less than other sets.

So I need to make a choice between style vs. function.

Best hybrid armor in the game. For all hybrids.

X-Frame

Anybody here into a New Game+?

Do I need to sell all my Special items that must have mistakenly carried over? For example I heard a bunch of quests break or skip parts because of carryover items.

Any other NG+ bugs?

witness

The tech armor that I have, forget what it's called, looks horrible so I switched over to N7 as well. I'm more tech than biotic but whatever I'm playing on normal.

Arklite

Wooooow, wish I'd known the second carry capacity upgrade was worth a damn, 200 slots total. The first upgrade gave me like 15 extra slots so I didn't bother with the next upgrade thinking it'd be another waste.

I think my Ryder has some commitment issues.

l8jO164.png

I think some Back to the Future stuff is going on here.

exYle

Wooooow, wish I'd known the second carry capacity upgrade was worth a damn, 200 slots total. The first upgrade gave me like 15 extra slots so I didn't bother with the next upgrade thinking it'd be another waste.

That's from the patch.

prag16

Banned
Prepatch it went 50-65-80. Post patch it goes 100-150-200 I believe.

Basically I wasted cryopods on this. 50 wasn't enough but 100 is more than I'll ever use.

Wootball

It was an extra 15 before, but the patch increased the size to 200.

aliengmr

Anybody here into a New Game+?

Do I need to sell all my Special items that must have mistakenly carried over? For example I heard a bunch of quests break or skip parts because of carryover items.

Any other NG+ bugs?

I don't think the stuff you carry over breaks the quests, so long as you start them appropriately. It's possible, I guess, to break the Firefighters quest, but I didn't care enough to start that quest again. I had the thing and was given a waypoint to use it, but never did it.

I was able to complete, for example, Movie Night just fine even though I had an item carried over and used it accidentally before I was prompted.

Only issues I had were inventory space (before the patch) and that I forgot to refund skills on the save I was going to use.

Other than that I didn't notice anything breaking on quests that required something in your inventory. But it's possible that I missed one that does, I didn't 100% the game.

Rodhull

Wondering if anyone had this issue in new game plus? I made it to the Voeld vault but everything was pretty much still as i left it in my first playthrough so i could run straight to the final console without doing any of the puzzles. That wasn't the case for the EOS vault so seems a bit strange if it was deliberate.

X-Frame

I don't think the stuff you carry over breaks the quests, so long as you start them appropriately. It's possible, I guess, to break the Firefighters quest, but I didn't care enough to start that quest again. I had the thing and was given a waypoint to use it, but never did it.

I was able to complete, for example, Movie Night just fine even though I had an item carried over and used it accidentally before I was prompted.

Only issues I had were inventory space (before the patch) and that I forgot to refund skills on the save I was going to use.

Other than that I didn't notice anything breaking on quests that required something in your inventory. But it's possible that I missed one that does, I didn't 100% the game.

Thanks for the response! What do you mean "forgot to refund skills on the save"??

aliengmr

Thanks for the response! What do you mean "forgot to refund skills on the save"??

On my first NG+ run, the skills carried over and I didn't want to wait until I got on the Tempest to try out something new. That may have changed with the update, but after I finished the game I went back to the Tempest and refunded my skills then saved so I could put points in other things.

I could have just went on with the skills I already had, but I was impatient.

prag16

Banned
I like the look of the Pathfinder one, but I just went over to the N7 level 5. The biotic + shield bonus is handy (playing on hard).

The female version of the N7 armor looks nothing like the picture; it adds very pronounced boobs to the chest plate, and as a result it looks stupid. So I'm still rocking Pathfinder armor.

I really miss being able to slow time with the soldier or infiltrator class.

Yep. I love the combat in this game, and I think it's easily the best in the series. But that is the one thing I really miss. Was a ton of fun with the Black Widow in ME3 (granted it did make some fights easy mode). :(

BouncyFrag

Just did the last mission and am really happy with how the game wrapped up.
I love how we get post game content to explore/wrap up quests with new things to take care of. I also put the Krogan leader as the ambassador because fuck it, all hail the Almighty Krogan, lol.
I'm hoping the story dlc is what I think it is.

This game in a nutshell: I was going to come on here and complain about how shitty these Reyes missions on Kadara are. But instead I'm complaining about having to restart the game after it fast traveled me under the environment.

Madness

So much for we're getting rid of Paragon and Renegade but expanding time sensitive actions which have huge impact. I just saw the Vetra loyalty mission
I choose to shoot thinking if I don't Sid dies, but if you don't shoot, the grenade is thrown but doesn't even explode so nothing changes except you took a random shot before killing the person as opposed to doing nothing and killing the person.

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm really tired of all the loading screens I have to go through just to talk to people, one quest had me talk to someone in Eladeen, which sent me to talk to someone in Kadar, which then sent me to Aya, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go to 5 loading screens just to talk to people.

They really really need to add an option to go from one planet to another immediately.

prag16

Banned
I'm really tired of all the loading screens I have to go through just to talk to people, one quest had me talk to someone in Eladeen, which sent me to talk to someone in Kadar, which then sent me to Aya, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go to 5 loading screens just to talk to people.

They really really need to add an option to go from one planet to another immediately.

I don't know. It never even occurred to me to try to do quests like this all in one string of actions. I go to a planet, do a bunch of stuff, then go to another planet, do a bunch of stuff; whatever is there to do. I don't lock in on one planet hopping quest exclusively.

Maybe you'll feel like you're disorganized doing it that way, but it works for me. I mean, it's what you'd do in "real life" if you were Ryder. You wouldn't fly from Eos to Elaaden just to talk to somebody then fly right back to the Nexus and then Voald. You'd get other shit done along the way.

So while some quests take it waaay too far (e.g. Contagion), overall this doesn't bother me too much.

Okay, ever since the last patch I can't get into the game.

I press play and nothing happens. I read online and see other with the same issue.

Some fixed it by being offline when pressing play but that has not worked for me.

Anyone here has the same issue or know a way to fix it?

Madness

Sarissa question. Don't answer or click until you've done this.
How many of you disgraced Sarissa but kept her as Pathfinder. Did she help with Dunn? Did you have to convince her at HQ?

Alo0oy

Banned
I don't know. It never even occurred to me to try to do quests like this all in one string of actions. I go to a planet, do a bunch of stuff, then go to another planet, do a bunch of stuff; whatever is there to do. I don't lock in on one planet hopping quest exclusively.

Maybe you'll feel like you're disorganized doing it that way, but it works for me. I mean, it's what you'd do in "real life" if you were Ryder. You wouldn't fly from Eos to Elaaden just to talk to somebody then fly right back to the Nexus and then Voald. You'd get other shit done along the way.

So while some quests take it waaay too far (e.g. Contagion), overall this doesn't bother me too much.

That's what I do, but there's always leftover quests that show up at the end, I usually clear an entire planet, then move to the next.

Arklite

Would be another perfect quality of life addition, particularly during late game clean up. The constant flight/landing scenes do little for immersion and quickly become annoying.

Zukkoyaki

Agreed.

The game has enough tedious blout as is, an addition like that would make the user experience so much better.

Van Bur3n

I'm a full biotic and I refuse to wear it because I got tired of wearing it for two games straight. Relieved to get rid of those annoying stripes.

What's a good augment for the N7 Crusader?

I tried the one that replaces ammo with a cooldown, but now my gun overheats in two shots, which severely limits its usability

What abilities compliment biotic charge?

I'm running Incinerate and Energy Drain with Charge, and that's working out well for me. Both skills can prime and detonate combos, giving you versatility over whether you want to prime and then detonate with charge, or keep behind cover and detonate with the other tech skill

They also allow you to deal with both armor and shields, keeping you really versatile.

The skill combo is almost remarkably tanky. Both energy drain and charge recharges your shields, which mitigate the risk of close range combat. There is also a passive tech skill tree that allows you to heal your health every time you use a tech skill, for the rare occasion that they do manage to breach your shields.

And finally, having points in both biotics and tech gives you access to the Sentinel profile and Tech Armor, if you wanted to be even more impossible to damage

Wow, the last mission has been a big jump in quality over the rest of the game so far. I'm not all the way through it, but it's doing a good job of mimic-ing Mass Effect 1's awesome final mission so far.

Maybe my perception is slightly skewed because the last missions I played was Liam's loyalty mission and I was very underwhelmed by it.

Killzig

Just did the last mission and am really happy with how the game wrapped up.
I love how we get post game content to explore/wrap up quests with new things to take care of. I also put the Krogan leader as the ambassador because fuck it, all hail the Almighty Krogan, lol.
I'm hoping the story dlc is what I think it is.

Reading Nexus Uprising made it impossible for me to pick anyone besides Morda or allow Sloane
Kelley to die.

Vico

Landed on Harvald. Refreshing to see a planet so different in terms of structure (visually too obviously, and it's really pretty), right after doing 100% on Eos ans Voeld. These two are too similar in the end.

However, on Harvald I can't help but laugh when someone asks for my help to retrieve something, and the objective is literally ten feet from here. I didn't have that impression on the other planets because of their huge size, but here it totally feels like we're supposed to imagine it's bigger than it is. The different camps are right around the corner, but the way people talk makes it seem it's 50km farther.

Another thing that's pretty annoying is the amount of enemies that we encounter. Compared to when we're using the nomad, here we can't really escape from fighting the random enemies on the wilderness. One last thing, the amount of containers is absurd. You can't walk three feet without seeing one. Sometimes I feel like they went way too overboard with the open World. Allow us to explore without fighting sometimes, give us room. Don't try to put things to do at every corner, the void, calm and silence is good too.

Check this video out of a guy beating an Architect in 4 minutes with a heavy Infiltrator build.

He is using an Isharay sniper rifle with the Bio-Converter. Cloak and Turbocharge for damage bonuses and Invasion for debuff as well as to proc Life Support to regen health to offset the Bio-Converter.

He could kill the Architect in like 30 seconds if the damage was gated with the animations, flying away, etc.

https://youtu.be/WHnaHadJDxQ

Damn, that's impressive, maybe I'll wait before fighting more of them. I'm guessing it's easier when being lvl 61.

Are you playing on insanity?

I'm playing on normal and I took down the Kadara architect in 5-7 minutes tops (level 30 or so at the time). I could see facing the Eos architect at < level 10 could be rough. No idea if the difficulty scales on different planets for these fights; the Kadara one is the only one I fought.

I'm playing on hardcore, and I was around lvl 20 when I fought the architect on Eos. I probably suck a little bit though haha.

Alo0oy

Banned
I think my game bugged on me, I'm on the
Hunting the Archon
quest, and in the middle of the mission, Kett refuse to spawn, so I can't advance the mission, tried loading the last auto save and the same issue happens again.

I think I'm going to need to load an earlier save.

Grisby

Sarissa question. Don't answer or click until you've done this.
How many of you disgraced Sarissa but kept her as Pathfinder. Did she help with Dunn? Did you have to convince her at HQ?
Nope. Chucked her out and replaced her with the new lady.

They honestly just need to scrap those, cut the traveling time down, or, more preferably, come up with a better quest.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finished this up tonight. 68 hours, 94% game completion. I did all the Heleus missions and Ally/relationship quests I came across, scanned every system to 100% etc., but didn't bother with many additional tasks.

As I've said a bunch, I liked this a lot despite its warts and being let down it's not the 9-9.5 quality game the first 3 are to me. I'd give it a solid 8 after finishing it up. Strongest points where the characters, relationships and loyalty quests. Weakest points were the open worlds, lackluster story/villain in the main quest and some terrible side quests even ignoring the tasks.

Now to finally fire up the multiplayer tomorrow.

Any suggestions on what Caro Pods to awaken? I'm doing that thing where I'm so paralysed by indecision that I'm just accumulating AVP points and not utilising them

Top Bottom