• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Tom_Cody

SfH3t.jpg

A young Joseph Stalin.

This is kind of the look I'm going for right now. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Welcome back, Sean. I was beginning to think you were gone for good.

I haven't had a haircut in almost 2 years =/

No good barber here

Almost all around me are Dominican who do tape-up, shapes up, or stupid cuts

Sucks so bad ; ;

Same goes for my Beard, need a good Barber who will shape it right!
Damn. What part of the country do you live in?

So finally uploaded my pics from my haircut last Sunday. It has grown out a bit and my hair is more long on top and looking a lot like luckyboyceo's now.

I love it. Glad the bangs finally grew in some and now they don't stick out and hold nicely with the rest.

Sorry for terribad pictures.
Looks good, dude. I'd continue to grow out the top and keep the sides/back short. Nice cut all around though.

Question for hair experts, is it bad to shampoo and condition your hair every day? I always shampoo my hair if there's product in it to get it out but not sure on the conditioner.

hSs62.jpg

I'm trying to grow this out, which has become problematic.
Looks almost identical to the first photo in the "hairspiration" section on the first page. That's a good thing, I love that cut.

How about my hair? LOL
Post a larger picture. Can't really tell from your avatar.

Welp, since I came here might as well ask

N1eIP.jpg

This is my hair at it's natural state. Yay or nay?
Nay like that, but you have a ton of length so you should be able to do a lot of things with your hair.

I had almost the same haircut for 28 years, time for a change! I will post a photo of my manly hair later today and ask you guys for suggestions. I would love to get this hair though:

20110105_tophighcut9.jpg

No, I'm not Asian.

hSs62.jpg

This is a great cut, I want to try this one as well.

Yo Midnights, does that Baxter Finley shop have any relation to the Baxter of California products? Is it their shop?

EDIT: Just looked up the site. I'm an idiot. Of course it is.

lucky - been mixing some sumotech from Bumble & Bumble with American Crew Pomade. Getting amazing results. 2 best hair days ever this weekend :)
Sweet, dude. I'm glad to hear it.

I just picked up some of the Baxter Clay Pomade today so I'll try mixing the two tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I had almost the same haircut for 28 years, time for a change! I will post a photo of my manly hair later today and ask you guys for suggestions. I would love to get this hair though:

20110105_tophighcut9.jpg

No, I'm not Asian.

hSs62.jpg

This is a great cut, I want to try this one as well.

what product are you using?
im currently using
redken-08-wool-shake-profile.jpg

the look it gives me looks too unnatural ( like im using a lot of product) and im having troubles giving my hair a good lift/shape...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Get it cut a bit shorter on the sides and even the back, and keep some of the length up top but have it textured and layered.

You'll probably want a wax, I use American Crew, and then basically just style it how you want at that point. Getting it off your forehead a bit would probably be good, but simply getting it cut so that it isn't all the exact same length all around and then putting some volume in it with some kind of product will automatically do wonders.

Google image search for: mens short hair styles.

Find one you like, and you can even bring it into a stylist and have them go to town on you with it.

I agree with everything but his hair might be too weighed down by something as heavy as a wax. I'd go for a clay/paste or even a cream. Whatever Gosling uses basically, because his hair is very flat by nature.

Cyclone, definitely do something about those bangs. I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a guy looks good in bangs.

I agree with the guys in that you should try and replicate the Gosling side-part style. It's going to feel weird at first but you'll probably get used to it and love it.

Very late getting back to you guys on this but I'm still working on the hair. The pic below is this morning, my hair is getting a bit long again but I am getting it cut in a week. I've been using the American Crew molding paste and it helps my hair lay down and stay in a style, but I am still trying to find out the style to do. I told the stylist last time to replicate the Gosling a bit and recommended the razor length someone here mentioned, she said that would be a bit short and to try one up and go shorter if needed next time.

I'm not sure what to do, or if the stylist just can't replicate it well. I usually come out of there with wet hair so I really can't tell what it looks like until it dries a bit. She puts the paste in there, but I usually hate the look until it dries.

Note: It looked better brushed to the side when shorter. I'm just making it work now until cut day.

stn

The style I want only lasts about 10 days before I have to get it cut again. Is it normal that my hair grows THAT fast? Sheesh.

You guys are tripping, denim jackets are like the easiest thing to wear.

Also, to make this more hair-oriented, tried mixing the Baxter Clay Pomade with the Hard Water Pomade and it was fantastic. Really love how much control I have over my hair with the clay pomade. My part looks SUPER clean too, way cleaner than when I was just using the hard water pomade. Love the fact that I don't have to mess with my hair throughout the day as well. I still need to perfect how much of each to use of course.

Had a nightmare last night that I went to get a cut and the guy totally botched me up. That must be what it's like to go to supercuts except you can't wake up in the end.

FrigidEh

Yo Hair-GAF,

This is has been my haircut for a couple months, I'm pretty happy with it but I'm probably going to shave the sides and back some more. I don't have any product in it in these pictures but I usually use wax. Yay/Nay? Should I change it up?

LOCK

^Nice hair, and is it thin? If so, could be problematic, but go for it!

I just thinned the top of my head...and wow, my hair is gone! :(

Yo Hair-GAF,

This is has been my haircut for a couple months, I'm pretty happy with it but I'm probably going to shave the sides and back some more. I don't have any product in it in these pictures but I usually use wax. Yay/Nay? Should I change it up?
I always support changing it up, after all it's just hair, it will grow back. With that said I think the style you currently have suits you and your hair pretty well.

If anything, I'd keep the length on top and experiment with a shorter length on the side/back, like you said.

DatDude

Banned
Any style tips for men with long hair?

My hair is around shoulder length.

I really like this style, but I'm not sure how he achieved the volume

Disney_s_Prom_Star_Thomas_McDonell_Shares_Why_His_Own_Prom_Was_Weird_.jpg

Top Bottom