• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

BadTaste

I tried that bumble and bumble blow dry stuff. At first I thought it was making my hair extremely greasy but once I had fully dried my hair it turned out pretty good. Looks smooth and shiny. I was outside in the wind most of the day and it didn't curl my hair either, it kept straight.

ok. bought this stuff
89342572-260x260-0-0_Kevin+Murphy+Kevin+Murphy+Hair+Resort+150+ml.jpg

you should mention that using this means you ll stink like a coconut. bought this stuff and was really eager testing it. didnt even care about the price.
startet putting it in my hair and thought "what that smell"... suddenly my wife screamed through the flat "dont tell me this coconut smell comes from you"

man i was still in the bathroom and she smelled it. hours later a friend of mine laughed at me in the elevator "ok. that coconut stink comes from you"... thought it will pass :/

i hate coconut hair products. i always have and for sure, always will. so you should mention that in the op as a warning for others ;)

Damn guy how much of it did you put in.

I tried that bumble and bumble blow dry stuff. At first I thought it was making my hair extremely greasy but once I had fully dried my hair it turned out pretty good. Looks smooth and shiny. I was outside in the wind most of the day and it didn't curl my hair either, it kept straight.

Sounds cool.

Look waaaay better for it man.

Short hair looks way better, the long hair looks way too unkempt. You're good looking, don't hide it.

I think the short hair looks better.

both looks are doable for me. no hair is best hair.

Thank you!

I'm new be nice - Looks much better. I would grow a light beard if I were you, would complement you well.

Yup I can grow a decent beard, I think if I kept the beard at the same length of my buzz cut it could look pretty good! But i'm going to maintain this length and stay clean shaven until I can finish my next song. I record video of each part of the song and splice it together, and so I like to try and change up my look with each new song. Once i'm done this one I'll grow out my beard and maintain that look.

Imo if you had cut it to a mid length and kept the facial hair it would be the best of both.
Oddly I think you look pretty good with long hair and that shit is rare for people to be able to pull off.

Thanks, I love long hair because it's so dynamic. Also most people don't have longer hair so it helps you stick out. I agree with keeping it mid length, like how I used to have it:

I'll return to that at some point.

I don't know about those sideburns though.

You looked much better with the hair to be honest. The sideburns are not that good looking by the way.
2nd picture looks way better, but ditto on the sideburns.

I did trim the burns down a bit, mainly got them off my jaw line. I gotta keep something long haha

I too share this opinion.

Didn't have to just cut it all off man.

I definitely prefer longer hair, but change is nice sometimes!

SteveWD40

For UK folk who want AC Fibre but can't get it locally, go for Tony & Guy Styling Fibre, it's just as good if not better by some accounts and half the cost.

Need to decide on a good looking yet ridiculous low maintenance hair cut in the next day or so. Going traveling for a good long while so cant really be using hair drys and all manner of things while away.

Miles X

Meeee_zps6610113e.png

Been growing my hair for a good 4 months now, longest it's ever been. Going for the pic below but it's not quite happening, not sure if it's the product or that my hair isn't long enough.

Or perhaps I need to have it thinned out so it sits better? Some days I can style it really well, others are a fucking nightmare!

tumblr_mbx0erg1Mb1rdh5ujo1_500.jpg

bob page

I got some d:fi pliable molding creme today today and holy shit is it awesome. It's from American Crew yet it's way better than any of their main line products I've ever used (all of them). It's soft and light but holds all day.

Looks like I finally found my go-to product. I was previously using Redken for Men working wax but the d:fi takes the crown.

Miles X

What product do you use?

AC Pomade or Redken work hard molding paste. I'm struggling to find something that will give it a nice shine, not overly though, good hold but still flexible.

Still needs to get a bit longer on the top and the sides need to be a touch shorter. Getting there though.

Thanks, I'm hoping when it grows another 2 inchs on top it'll all 'fall into place' so to speak.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
A blow dryer wouldn't do anything for AC Pomade, since it is made without the part in most gels that becomes stiff
Ah, we'll fiber may be my best bet then. I was going for the look Justin Timberlake had on SNL. he has hair and a part similar to mine, but I can't get mine to fold back like he does, mine just folds across.

Kacar

I've always wanted to try one of these haircuts like a fauxhawk or something similar but the front of my hair just doesn't vibe with it. I have 2 large cowlicks on both sides that mess things up when you try to style them back.

I've basically gone with the generic younger Beiber bangs look. Here is a pic from like 3 years ago

250533_2171408283732_4304021_n_zps5f393b84.jpg

but this is basically how I have had my hair cut for years. Don't know how to mix it up.

hey lucky check out this guys highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67-zc3tmYsM
Those are so badass. Pretty much hoping for the same look. I need to go about finding a skilled stylist still.

My hair has officially hit mullet status...getting a cut by Alfonso at Baxter Finley on Tuesday
Awesome, let us know how it turns out. I really wanted to get a cut from Daniel when I was in LA last weekend but our schedules didn't line up.

Tom_Cody

Any thoughts on short back and sides + beard?

I have been going with a disconnected short back and sides for the past few months. The top keeps getting longer and I usually keep my beard trimmed at a #2. I have been cutting the sides shorter and shorter. First I had a #3 and most recently I did a #1 transitioning to a #2.

I'm due up for a cut in the next week or so and I think I am going to go for a zero to a #1 and I'm somewhat worried about the transition between between my beard and the zero on the sides. Have any of you run into this? What are your thoughts on shaved sides paired with a potentially longer beard?

Jzero

I totally F'd up my fringe while trying to thin it down :( I really need some thinning shears.
Now i have to re-grow it again -_-

RS4-

Lol I've had the vikings haircut for a few months now, but with a top knot instead of the longer pony tail instead.

Top Bottom