• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

balddemon

Banned
seriously.

and to think, I actually came in here to ask a question about my hair.

if I post a picture of my new haircut, can you guys suggest what I should do with it, and what kind of product I should buy, etc.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
seriously.

and to think, I actually came in here to ask a question about my hair.

if I post a picture of my new haircut, can you guys suggest what I should do with it, and what kind of product I should buy, etc.

I'm seconds away from going to sleep, but if you can post it quickly I can make a recommendation.

c1bf297eab9c11e29cc222000a9f38cc_7.jpg

I had a really good hair day yesterday and wanted to share. Limiting my shampoo usage has done wonders for my hair. Anyone considering trying the no shampoo thing should go for it.

barrbarr

I had a really good hair day yesterday and wanted to share. Limiting my shampoo usage has done wonders for my hair. Anyone considering trying the no shampoo thing should go for it.

I also stopped using shampoo awhile ago and it has really helped! I was thinking about buying some straighteners, are there any specific brands I should look for?

Takuan

Just took the plunge on a 1-litre bottle of this Kiehl's amino acid shampoo. Probably makes no goddamn difference, but we'll see. Going in for another cut this week and will probably be sticking with the shaved-sides, medium length on top look that everyone is rocking nowadays.

I find my hair tends to look and behave better when I don't shampoo, but my scalp can get pretty itchy. I try to skip a day whenever I can, but it's tough.

Replicant

I hate this side part trend that's hot right now. I don't think many people can pull it off.

Yeah? Tell me about it. My stupid hair dresser think I could pull it off despite me clearly saying "Please don't cut the hair too short". But noooo, he just have to do it. Thankfully one week has passed now and my hair has finally grow back to almost decent look. But last week was an absolute torture/embarrassment.

Also, I found out Fudge Hair Varnish is completely discontinued at least here in Australia. *sigh*

Rehynn

And there you go ^

I had a side-part
before it was cool
6 years ago. It worked for me then, and still does. And I see a shit-ton of people pulling it off.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I wouldn't recommend completely stopping on shampoo, but limiting use definitely has a desirable effect.

I have to say though, if you are pushing 5+ days, there are likely white specks in your hair that everyone except you notices. On behalf of everyone, they are pretty gross.

flippedb

Banned
Any new trends? I'm getting a haircut tomorrow. Currently using just Moose to style it and it's not working very well, thanks to my super straight hair :(

kaskade

I ordered some of this stuff. d:fi, I didn't even realize it but it is made by american crew. Basically the same packaging besides colors. I didn't use it yet since it just came it but it kind of reminds me of forming cream with a different smell.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I ordered some of this stuff. d:fi, I didn't even realize it but it is made by american crew. Basically the same packaging besides colors. I didn't use it yet since it just came it but it kind of reminds me of forming cream with a different smell.

We really need more product recommendations at that price.

My hair is kinda a mess (haven't had a cut in like ~5 weeks), but goin' for that Chris Pine beard.

Also, you are better looking than Chris Pine.

Menelaus

Banned
So I let it grow for a while, because I'd never had it long enough to slick back...

FzMlctx.jpg

But after lots of complaining from the wife, decided to cut it.

n7a32Qv.jpg

Reactions were split, but everyone couldn't stop talking about it. It's finally grown back to normal, trying to decide how to go with it now.

Top Bottom