• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Rehynn

I just think he has that "I sit in an armchair and drink fine wine while I watch a man bleed out" look in those pics, lol.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
tumblr_mktdbyph8S1s8wf6fo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mli8b7m5v41qdgdbio1_1280.jpg

LProtag

I'm not a strikingly handsome dude or anything, but how'd I do?

Any suggestions for next time? I was thinking maybe of getting it shorter on the sides or leaving more on the top.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

Any suggestions for next time? I was thinking maybe of getting it shorter on the sides or leaving more on the top.

I like it a lot.

You pull off clubmasters better than most too. Leave more on the top maybe next time. Sides look good.

LProtag

I get lazy and grow out a beard every once and a while. I'm a teacher though, so I try not to look too disheveled. I didn't shave for a week the other week and my students kept telling me I was scraggly and needed to shave, hah.

DatDude

Banned

It looks much better.

Honestly, your not a bad looking dude in the least bit.

Hit the gym, lose some of that face fat, maybe grow some stubble/scruff, and you could look just as good as any one of those haircut model pics imo.

LProtag

It looks much better.

Hit the gym, lose some of that face fat, maybe grow some stubble/scruff, and you could look just as good as any one of those haircut model pics imo.

I've made a renewed commitment to eating healthier and getting to the gym a few times a week. I have a lot on my plate this year so I've been extremely busy. When I stepped on a scale recently I found that I gained a few extra pounds, and I was already a bit fit, so yeah.

Thanks.

It looks much better.

The guy asked if his hair looked okay he didn't come here for your makeover coaching.

DatDude

Banned
The guy asked if his hair looked okay he didn't come here for your makeover coaching.

Isn't a haircut part of a makeover?

He doesn't think he's that good looking of a guy, all I'm saying is that he thinks very little of himself, since he's a very handsome man imo. Not sure what I said wrong.

Kozak

Banned
New haircut and quite happy with it! I think my barber has been practicing this style because he did a much better job than the last time!

bjb

Banned
I just think he has that "I sit in an armchair and drink fine wine while I watch a man bleed out" look in those pics, lol.

god damn Lol

New haircut and quite happy with it! I think my barber has been practicing this style because he did a much better job than the last time!

Looks really good man. I might recommend maybe a wider sideburn next time, but otherwise nice cut.

Kozak

Banned
god damn Lol

Looks really good man. I might recommend maybe a wider sideburn next time, but otherwise nice cut.

Cheers!

Yeah usually I get wider sideburns but I liked how it was looking half way through so I just let the barber do his magic without interruption.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Cheers!

Yeah usually I get wider sideburns but I liked how it was looking half way through so I just let the barber do his magic without interruption.

Looks great.

I would recommend asking your barber to taper the back, or fade it. That is unless you like the look it has.

bjb

Banned

Midnights stop being so salty man. Datdude is well versed in bestiality and excessive masturbation. His opinion is quite valued for all things style-related.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I haven't shaved in a week due to being extremely busy at work and I'm really digging how my facial hair looks. I wanna keep it this way; what's the best way to do so? I've been looking at beard trimmers online but haven't been able to pick any particular one. Suggestions?

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So I haven't shaved in a week due to being extremely busy at work and I'm really digging how my facial hair looks. I wanna keep it this way; what's the best way to do so? I've been looking at beard trimmers online but haven't been able to pick any particular one. Suggestions?

I have heard great things about Norelco stubble trimmers.

DrSlek

Visited a barber for the first time in 18 years in order to keep this unruly hair under control as it grows to my desired length.
Last thing I want is to have some kind of mulletish abomination hanging from my neck.

Looks great.

I would recommend asking your barber to taper the back, or fade it. That is unless you like the look it has.
I agree with this entirely. A taper would definitely look better with that cut.

I've had facial hair for years now and I use the Philips Norelco beard trimmer. It's an older model now but from what I hear, the newer models are even better. It's definitely worth a look if you're interested in keeping your facial hair.

Oshimai

Any tips for someone who has Asian hair problems?

<--- That's me.

My hair sticks out at the sides quite a bit. I'm not sure how to style it or how to have it cut so it doesn't stick out so much.

Thanks.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Any tips for someone who has Asian hair problems?

<--- That's me.

My hair sticks out at the sides quite a bit. I'm not sure how to style it or how to have it cut so it doesn't stick out so much.

Thanks.

People ask this all the time in this thread, but the only advice I really have is to either go really long on the sides, or really short.

If it is really long, you can use product to hold it down in whatever place. If it is super short, then obviously it won't stick out and look awkward. Mine grows out like that too for some reason.

Either way, if you have really thick hair, get some sort of matte clay. Luckyboyceo seems to like Baxter's clay pomade. Spread a dime sized amount in your hands evenly and apply, adding more the same way if needed.

Visited a barber for the first time in 18 years in order to keep this unruly hair under control as it grows to my desired length.
Last thing I want is to have some kind of mulletish abomination hanging from my neck.
What state do you live in?

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Going to commit to start helping as many people as I can in this thread. I have looked over a lot of pages and am feeling bad about the people that haven't had their questions answered.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I recently found a look that really works for me, which is basically the Don Draper hairstyle. I have thick, wavy hair so I find it difficult to style my hair, but for whatever reason this style works for me and looks good.

Rehynn

I recently found a look that really works for me, which is basically the Don Draper hairstyle. I have thick, wavy hair so I find it difficult to style my hair, but for whatever reason this style works for me and looks good.

It sounds like we have the same kind of hair, but I just can't pull off the Draper look too well.
Pics?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Decided to try Rudy's here in Seattle since my girl at Wheldon left and they wouldn't tell me if she was working at another place in the city. Understandable, I suppose, but still... she's the only person to ever give me consistently good cuts and she seemed like a really awesome person to boot.

Anyway. Girl at Rudy's cut way too much off and I fucking hate it and I never again want to go through the agony of finding someone decent to do my hair so I've decided to become Cousin It.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Decided to try Rudy's here in Seattle since my girl at Wheldon left and they wouldn't tell me if she was working at another place in the city. Understandable, I suppose, but still... she's the only person to ever give me consistently good cuts and she seemed like a really awesome person to boot.

Anyway. Girl at Rudy's cut way too much off and I fucking hate it and I never again want to go through the agony of finding someone decent to do my hair so I've decided to become Cousin It.

I'm sorry.

Did you bring a picture of what you want?

Are you referring to this all-in-one model or this fancy schmancy beard trimmer? Keep in mind I only want to maintain 10-day stubble, not a full beard.
Links aren't working but you essentially should just be looking for something that comes with a short guard that allows you to trim your beard to the stubble equivalent. Either of the two products would probably work if I had to guess.

Going to commit to start helping as many people as I can in this thread. I have looked over a lot of pages and am feeling bad about the people that haven't had their questions answered.
What a gentlemen.

Fuck dude, I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard good things about Rudy's too so that is surprising to say the least. Maybe (hopefully) it'll grow on you (ha, hair puns) once you get used to it? I'm trying to think optimistically here.

Boken

Banned
Ok so I have a long face with a sharp chin
I also have very stiff hair, so it sticks outwards if its too short and resists product

So all my life I've been rocking a fringe + short-medium length hair to balance out my face and not deal with the hair stiffness.

Save me hair-gaf, you're my only hope.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Ok so I have a long face with a sharp chin
I also have very stiff hair, so it sticks outwards if its too short and resists product

So all my life I've been rocking a fringe + short-medium length hair to balance out my face and not deal with the hair stiffness.

Save me hair-gaf, you're my only hope.

Can you please post a picture?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I'm sorry.

Did you bring a picture of what you want?

I didn't want anything unusual and I told her exactly what to do -- #2 sides and back, taper, and an inch off the top, a bit less on the front -- so it didn't seem like it'd be necessary to have a picture. My forehead is huge and sloped with an inverse peak, so I always want the front longer and she pretty much lopped it all off.

I've never actually seen a picture of a viable style for my hair and face anyway.

Top Bottom